• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Since you've done whole30 before, maybe say your are adopting parts of it (as an excuse for not drinking).

For the sister/sushi, maybe find some other restaurant you "really want to try"

What are your thoughts on small amounts of alcohol later in pregnancy? I have no opinion, I just know that many people do it and not all doctors are opposed.

What you wrote about your anxieties about your husband do make sense. You seem to be much more of a planner and pro-active person, but also, like you said, he has been there for you when you've needed him in the past. Of course I only know what I read on your thread, but it does all sound consistent, and your thoughts make sense to me.

• Like 1

Today the nausea hit me worse than ever. I actually went home early because I was spending so much time in the bathroom waiting to see if I would hurl that I wasn't being productive at all. I stopped at the store and stocked up on bland snacks and ginger chews for today and the drive tomorrow (eek). By the time I got home I already felt better, but exhausted. Which made me feel silly for leaving, but after battling the nausea for over an hour I couldn't take it any more. 

Image result for sick gif

The worst part of it is that today is perfect running temperature, albeit windy. But I am feeling drained and stomach-sensitive, so I'll just hang out in bed with my ginger-lemon tea. 

Random side note - I seem to have become incredibly sensitive to smells, and also I have been smelling things that AREN'T THERE which makes me feel slightly nuts. Like, "do you guys smell food, I think it smells like food in here?" lol.

1 hour ago, Hiroro said:

Today the nausea hit me worse than ever. I actually went home early because I was spending so much time in the bathroom waiting to see if I would hurl that I wasn't being productive at all. I stopped at the store and stocked up on bland snacks and ginger chews for today and the drive tomorrow (eek). By the time I got home I already felt better, but exhausted. Which made me feel silly for leaving, but after battling the nausea for over an hour I couldn't take it any more. 

Image result for sick gif

The worst part of it is that today is perfect running temperature, albeit windy. But I am feeling drained and stomach-sensitive, so I'll just hang out in bed with my ginger-lemon tea. 

Random side note - I seem to have become incredibly sensitive to smells, and also I have been smelling things that AREN'T THERE which makes me feel slightly nuts. Like, "do you guys smell food, I think it smells like food in here?" lol.

Sorry. On the smells, yep, I was sensitive to smells, and I know several women who smell things that weren't there 

• Like 1

ugh! Sorry it's been rough. Hope the nausea gets better once you are a bit farther along.

On 6/13/2019 at 2:13 PM, Elastigirl said:

Sorry. On the smells, yep, I was sensitive to smells, and I know several women who smell things that weren't there 

Good to know it's not just me losing my mind, haha.

14 hours ago, Xena said:

ugh! Sorry it's been rough. Hope the nausea gets better once you are a bit farther along.

Thanks. Should be better in a couple weeks. I just keep telling myself it could be worse - I could be puking multiple times a day...

On 6/12/2019 at 5:44 PM, Elastigirl said:

Good for you for letting your body get the rest it needs

Thanks. It's hard for me to separate actually needing rest from just being tired and making excuses, but I'm erring on the side of going easy for now.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:12 PM, Xena said:

Since you've done whole30 before, maybe say your are adopting parts of it (as an excuse for not drinking).

For the sister/sushi, maybe find some other restaurant you "really want to try"

What are your thoughts on small amounts of alcohol later in pregnancy? I have no opinion, I just know that many people do it and not all doctors are opposed.

What you wrote about your anxieties about your husband do make sense. You seem to be much more of a planner and pro-active person, but also, like you said, he has been there for you when you've needed him in the past. Of course I only know what I read on your thread, but it does all sound consistent, and your thoughts make sense to me.

That's a good idea. I actually had a couple sips of wine in Italy (because when in Rome...). And I had a couple sips at my parents' because being sneaky. And when I faked it at the wedding I'm sure I consumed a tiny bit even though I was pretending. But I probably won't intentionally drink. I think my feelings about it are so depending about my mood at the moment, heh.

• Like 2

Week 2 Summary

Well that didn't quite work out as planned....

Image result for cooking fail gif

Goal #1: Cook all the things

Yes and no. Weekend we were out of town at the wedding. After a pretty rough week nausea and fatigue-wise, I'm finally working more veggies back into my diet.

Goal #2: Feel the burn

Welp, not so much. I had such high hopes.

I did fit in one cardio/strength gym session Saturday morning at the hotel.

Goal #3: Feed the fire

I have been sleeping! And resting! But I've been watching a bit of TV again to get me through chores and such, and I think I've let it go too late and disrupt my sleep a bit.

And if I were actually doing my meditation, it might have helped with my social anxiety this past weekend...whoops.

The wedding was lovely, and there were lots of treats to theoretically make me feel better about not drinking. It was still annoying, mostly because I am not a good secret-keeper. But at least partially because tasting the champagne and not actually drinking the champagne got old quite fast. Husband invited friends over to our hotel room to hang out before the ceremony and I LEFT MY PRENATAL VITAMINS OUT IN PLAIN SIGHT so chances are at least one person noticed before I realized and casually put them away. 

Sunday we're having dinner with my parents for Father's Day, so I have a plan to sneak over to talk to the waiter/waitress and get them to bring me a virgin cocktail. 

3 weeks to the reveal!

Don't worry too much about the vitamins (not that you are worried). Lots of women start taking them before they know they are pregnant.

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 1-3

Goal #1: Cook all the things

Yes, mostly. Still too many carbs though. I'm doing NF Coaching for one more month so I'm tracking my food there.

And I seem to be buying more than we're using up, whoops. So accumulating food rather than paring down.

Goal #2: Feel the burn

No workouts so far this week, ugh.

Goal #3: Feed the fire

I was tired earlier this week, probably thanks to the weekend travel. But yesterday I allowed myself a completely lazy afternoon, went to bed early, and woke up before my alarm (this never happens) feeling alert and energetic. We'll see how long that lasts.

LIFE IS HAPPENING over here even though workouts are not.

• Yesterday we put in an offer for a condo, we had just started talking about moving two months ago or so and now we're trying to move forward. I always figured when we moved again it would be a months to years long process of looking and figuring out what we want and getting the price we want. But I guess the impending baby has given us motivation. I keep waiting for somebody to stop us or tell us what to do - but nope, we're adults now so we are in charge of ourselves! Terrifying.
  • I had an appointment with my new OB yesterday afternoon, and I qualified for my company's maternity program that covers pretty much all the standard prenatal and delivery costs (though I have to meet my deductible because I forgot to change my elections for this year, sigh - hopefully the baby holds out for it's January delivery date so I can change it!). My doc happened to like doing ultrasounds, so I got to see a bigger blob on the screen, with a flutter for a heartbeat.
  • I am very seriously considering signing up for fall group running training - starting with the half marathon group and dropping down to the 4-mile race group if/when I need to.
  • 1.5 weeks of work before vacation, where we'll tell the families about the baby! 
  • Less than one month before I transition to my new job!

I feel like I'm on this roller coaster and it's exciting (though sometimes I cry with very little provocation) but feels sort of like we're hurtling along and have no control over the situation - which is obviously not true with the house stuff, but the unmovable baby timeline is what's driving us there. Thinking about moving and starting my new role and the baby is all wonderful, but it is a lot at once. And I'm anxious about how my new boss is going to react when I tell him I'm pregnant, sigh. Having to say "Can't wait to start next week! By the way, in six months I'm going to be out for ~4 months!" is not something I'm looking forward to, even though I know he'll understand.

Earlier this week my baby buddy went in for an appointment and they didn't find a heartbeat, so it's most likely a miscarriage. Even just as a friend I have so many feelings about this, compounded by being pregnant myself. So I can scarcely imagine how hard this must be for her. After my appointment yesterday seeing everything fine, I was so relieved but also guilty even though I know that's irrational - it's just how I felt.

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 4

#3 Rest

It all started with yesterday's afternoon of rest and an AMAZING night of sleep, after which I woke up right before my alarm for the first time in...forever.

#1 Food

Weirdly I broke a bunch of my eating guidelines today and felt fine - maybe I'm finally past the worst of the first trimester nausea nonsense? I had a protein bar for breakfast, then nothing until a quite heavy BBQ lunch with carby carby sides. Then nothing until my run (except prenatal gummies and Nuun). 

#2 Exercise

I got to try out my brand-new handheld Nathan bottle, and I think I have to get used to it but I do like it. Probably could have gotten the 10oz instead of the 12oz, but it wasn't that hot out today so not the best dehydration test.

I intended to run my normal 3 miles (after a brief moment where I considered 5+mi but decided not to commit myself to that loop because once I'm out...I have to get back). But I felt so great after the first mile or two that I just kept going. And was thrilled to get home and hit a round 4 miles! At a decent pace too (I auto-stop at lights). 

Today was the first time testing out the Airpods that my mom gave me, and even though I still think they look super silly...I kind of love them.

fcfd7ecb8425c728d935bf93660a795a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Glad you are feeling better, and of course that the ultrasound went well. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xena said:

Glad you are feeling better, and of course that the ultrasound went well. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Thanks! I really really appreciate your support though I know I'm pretty awful at keeping up with everyone's threads, or even my own.

How much I've enjoyed my recent runs is making me seriously consider trying out the Scouts for a minute.

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Crossing fingers that you are over the nausea .

Sorry about your friend's baby

One can hope! 

We accepted the seller's second counteroffer for the condo we're trying to buy last night, so I think we're about to be under contract *hyperventilates* SURE, I can buy and move into a new house, fix up and rent out an old house, have a baby, and change jobs in a span of several months! But I will say I think I'll be really really glad to be in the new place when the baby comes because the layout is so much better, so I do hope it all works out.

But I slept pretty poorly last night, anxious over the house and over deciding whether we're going to do genetic testing. I'm thinking no, but I have to decide by Monday since that's my appointment date.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hiroro said:

But I slept pretty poorly last night, anxious over the house [...]

I know it's easy to say and harder to do, but try not to worry so much about the house. From your posts, I know that you are thoughtful and careful with money. It really sounds like the condo is a good choice for your family right now. Is it the exact optimal choice? Hard to know, but it really sounds like it will be ok.

21 hours ago, Hiroro said:

making me seriously consider trying out the Scouts for a minute

Heck yeah! Please do what you like, but you would make an awesome guest-star Scout! No matter how much running you end up doing, you would be very welcome :-)

I've already convinced @Sloth the Enduring to join us next time around, so it's sure to be a fun forum!

Challenge Wrapup

I'm okay with how this went. My eating had been pretty all over the place, and workouts don't always happen, but I gave myself the gifts of forgiveness and rest this time around. I do need that energy and mood boost from working out, so more consistency in that area will be my focus next challenge. 

I'm juuuuust about done with my first trimester and really hoping that the wonders of the second trimester (more energy, less nausea) are upon me!

Also, the house inspection went well so it seems like we are inexorably moving towards the purchase, yay! 

• Like 2

I'm sorry I failed a being a good forum buddy there! I'm glad everything is going relatively well... I know it's a lot, but you will get through it and it will all be good in the long run.

And I'm anxious about how my new boss is going to react when I tell him I'm pregnant, sigh. Having to say "Can't wait to start next week! By the way, in six months I'm going to be out for ~4 months!" is not something I'm looking forward to, even though I know he'll understand.

Okay I'm sorry, but even though I KNOW mat leave in the States is like this, it still blows my mind every time. I can't believe you don't get a year! Most daycares here won't even consider taking infants under a year old.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

I'm sorry I failed a being a good forum buddy there! I'm glad everything is going relatively well... I know it's a lot, but you will get through it and it will all be good in the long run.

Okay I'm sorry, but even though I KNOW mat leave in the States is like this, it still blows my mind every time. I can't believe you don't get a year! Most daycares here won't even consider taking infants under a year old.

You're all good - I wasn't great at following everyone else this round either. I'll post my new thread soon. If ONLY I got a year...*sigh*

• Like 1

Challenge Summary

I feel pretty good about this challenge - I wasn't looking to push hard, but I made some good choices among the challenges. Eating was off and on, and I got in a few workouts but less than I'd hoped.

I did succeed at resting and giving myself some ease.

Next challenge coming soon!

Going to have to carry over the sushi list because I didn't get very far, ha.

• Like 1