• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Adam_Backhouse

Help with form checks

Hi folks,

I have been following a barbell programme for a little while but I don’t feel like my form is quite right in places. I’ve watched a lot of videos from SL5x5, Rip, Alan Thrall but still feel like i need some pointers. As part of my current challenge I have decided to try and make use of the expertise at NF by posting some videos. Looking for some advice to try and hone in my technique. First up: squats. This was set 4 of 5. I’m squatting 85kg for sets of 3. Thanks in advance. 

Try to point your elbows down at the ground rather than behind you. I think that's the main thing here. You also need to keep your chest up a bit more, and work on a straighter bar path (closer to a vertical line; you're coming forward a bit much), but the elbow thing will put you in better position for that. Not terrible though.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:01 PM, calanthrophy said:

Try to point your elbows down at the ground rather than behind you. I think that's the main thing here. You also need to keep your chest up a bit more, and work on a straighter bar path (closer to a vertical line; you're coming forward a bit much), but the elbow thing will put you in better position for that. Not terrible though.

Hi calanthrophy, thanks for the tips.  It's great to have somewhere to get input from people more clued up than myself!

So, I took a video of my deadlift. In the last couple of weeks I have been feeling like the bar is getting too far in front of my body. This felt a bit better but not sure if it is totally sorted. As before, any input would be gratefully received. 

Set 3 of 5, deadlifting 105kg for sets of 3. 

Looks pretty solid. Try and keep the bar a little closer - once it moves past the knee, literally maintain contact and drag it up your leg. You also look a little uncontrolled at lockout, put all the power into the first 80% of the lift and then glide to a controlled lockout. You're pretty much 90% of the way there.