Mortimer's battle logs.

Breakfast:

Cashew nut zucchini boat

Cinnamon cocoa milk

1h les Mills body combat in the gym. 

Morning snack:

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon fennel, 1 tablespoon cumin and 1 tea spoon carom tea 

1 kiwi

1h les Mills body combat in the gym. 

Lunch:

200g tau kwa with a tablespoon of Thai chilli sauce 

60g black beans

60g chayote 

1 tomato 

24g carrot

150g brocolli 

100g cauliflower

Dinner:

150g brocolli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

3 bacon enoki skewers (yeah a rare treat for myself) - Is bacon bad? =P

I got into trouble for spending too long a lunch break because of doing back to back gym classes, so I should cut down on that and also keep my lunch runs short. Was considering running in the morning but decided against it as tomorrow is the training 10k run.

Will skip hiits tonight as I have to wake up very early tomorrow morning. 

Also there's a vertical challenge and it gives $20 to climb 40 storeys(not timed) in a team of 4. Climbing stairs for $$? I'm in!

OK, I won't win any speed stair climbing competitions but I did try climb 40 storeys twice, back to back, and it took me 13 min to get from ground floor to top. 

• Like 1

Supper last night:

375ml Milk

Half an orange 

Breakfast:

Cashew nut zucchini boat

60g black beans

60g chayote 

1 tomato 

24g carrot

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon fennel, 1 tablespoon cumin and 1 tea spoon carom tea 

Half an orange. 

A dragonfruit

I ran 10 k ahead of the 6 min 30 sec pacer group but could not catch up to the 6 min group. I think running 10 k in under an hour is coming close... 

• Like 2

Skywalker handstands: Padawan level planks it is. 4 breaks taken total. 

Jedi high jumps:

Took 3 breaks to finish them all

Jabba the hutt chokes:

3x10 body weight rows, first 2 sets without breaks. 

Chewbacca carries were skipped as I couldn't find a heavy enough weight. 

Han Solo shuttle runs:

Just ran jogged the whole 6x20 secs thing. Fitbit provided the 20sec count and 10 secs intervals.

Force push ups:

4 sets of 8 Knee Plyometric Push-ups - had to rest in between

Jedi force choke holds:

Jumping up to catch a bar is a lot harder then stepping off support. 3 breaks were taken.

Some of the items were done before the 10k run(force choke holds and body weight rows) , some after. Running 10k does take some out of you. 

After run snack:

2 packets coconut drink

One orange 

One apple

2 eggs

250 ml chocolate milk drink 

Skipped lunch.

Dinner:

Lobster roll and fries (yep,that's why I skipped lunch)

• Like 2

Ok I just had a singularly crappy day. Found my wallet missing(together with all the important documents), and had to do all those calls to cancel relevant cards, make police reports etc. 

Breakfast:

Cashew nut chicken zucchini boat

Cocoa cinnamon milk

Did the rock climbing thing in the morning because I promised a fitness buddy I'd be there to show him the ropes but my heart wasn't really in it due to the missing wallet issue,so no pics.

Lunch:

Made my own burgers (as shown below), meat is stir fried chicken breast. Ate 2 of them, together with the remaining chicken and green pepper fried with onion.

Dinner:

Luffa with egg,prawn and pork

Pork rib and corn soup

Stir fried fish

Okra with fried onion

I think the last few days of me trying to do too many things at one time(due to promises made to various people) have really caused me to be stretched out too thin and do stupid things like losing my wallet ><

20190721_125159.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Found my wallet missing

Aw crap. Good on you for acting fast with those calls and reports. 

7 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Made my own burgers (as shown below)

What kind of bun is it? For me, it looks like fried champignon caps. 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Breakfast:

Usual deduction of fennel,cumin, carom seeds

Green bean powder drink with cinnamon(now that tasted a bit weird)

1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds

3 eggs, 26g spinach

15 longans

Morning weights:

Squats

8 x Just the bar

8 x bar + 10 kg on each side

8x bar + 15 kg on each side

8x bar + 20 kg on each side

Pull ups (or attempts to):

6 x jump grab bar pull and lower self down

Followed by:

Chin up(or attempts to):

6 x jump grab bar pull and lower self down

4 x jump grab bar pull and lower self down

Followed by:

Chin up(or attempts to):

4x jump grab bar pull and lower self down

2 x jump grab bar pull and lower self down

Followed by:

Chin up(or attempts to):

2 x jump grab bar pull and lower self down

I think I used the wrong stool.. could reach bar. I should need to jump.

Leg raises over the foam roller while on stability balance stand:

10 x (took 2! breaks in between for first 2 sets then had to take another break for last set)

Bicep curls (4 kg per arm) x 15

Tried to be funny and took the 6 kg weight(no 5 kg dumbell), managed 10 bicep curls on first round then went keflop.

3 sets total

Deadlift:

8x bar + 10 kg on each side

8x bar + 15 kg on each side

8x bar + 17.5 kg on each side 

8x bar + 17.5 kg on each side

30 secs with ropes

10 widearmed push ups, (screw knees!)

2 sets

Then:

60 secs with ropes

10 wide armed push ups.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Portobello mushrooms actually.

So I was right :) Portobello is a name given to bigger grown, more mature champignons.

I find funny all this buying mushrooms in grocery store, as in Poland if you want some mushrooms, you just go to the forest and pick them by yourself (or buy them from people out there or at the local market). Champignons are the most common type of mushroom - so common some people say they aren't even "real mushrooms". It's because they grow on grassy terrain and not in forest, and they are cultivated on farms for commercial needs. "Real mushrooms" are for example wild grown Boletus, Saffron milk cap or Scaber stalk (and many, many more). 

That being said, I don't see anything wrong with champignons - I like them for their multiple uses and availability. It's like chicken in mushroom department. At first glance nothing fancy, but you can do wonders with it if you want.

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Ah I didn't know they went by different names in Poland. But down here eh...I don't know enough of mushroom lore to eat mushrooms growing on the grass verge by the road after it rains. Want to help me identify them? =D

Did 50 min les mills body combat and picked up my new atm card. 

Lunch:

60g black beans

1 tomato 

60g chayote 

36g red pepper

200g tau kwa with 2 tablespoons of chilli sauce 

230g okra

• Like 2

Handling all those administrative things that come with losing your wallet with the various government agencies, so not much in the name of exercise atm. Hopefully when things are done I'll be able to catch a night run(7-8km long,I'll try for a 6 min pace)

Breakfast: 

Curry tuna zucchini boat

Cocoa cinnamon milk

Lunch:

60g black beans

1 tomato 

60g chayote

20g red pepper

200g bok choi

70g ground pork

50g fish cake

The bean stew turned out sweet today. I have no idea why. I also need to find lentils (it's been harder then expected) for next week's bean stew - I'm taking soy out of my diet.

• Like 2

Dinner:

150g cauliflower

100g broccoli 

120g chickpeas

90g sesame chicken

Went running with local group, we were supposed to run in formation(that didn't quite work out that well since they combined the 7 min/km and 7 min 30s/km group together so there were people with different paces- not to mention those who easily run >7 min),stopping at designated intervals to do burpees, squat jumps, lunges etc.

• Like 2

Supper:

Half a mango

4 scrambled eggs

Couple of grapes

1h les mills body combat

Breakfast:

Curry tuna zucchini boat

Green bean drink with cinnamon 

2 small mandarin oranges 

50g grapes 

Half a persimmon 

Weights:

Chest press (×8) @ bar

Chest press (×8) @ bar +2.5 kg on each side

Chest press (×4) @ bar + 5kg on each side(could not complete 8 reps)

Chest press (×8) @bar + 3.75 kg on each side

Hammer strength shoulder press machine

10 kg on each side, 20 reps

15 kg on each side, 20 reps

20 kg on each side, 20 reps

Dual adjustable pulley tricep curls @6.25 lbs, 12 reps (x3 sets)

Dual adjustable pulley kneel down crunches @21.25 lbs, 20 reps, followed by knee raises on stability balance stand (20 reps), total 3 sets

1 min swinging ropes followed by 100 m lunges

45 sec swinging ropes followed by 50m lunges 

30 sec swinging ropes followed by 50m lunges 

The good news about non circuit training is that it's easier to get necessary equipments.

Lunch:

60g black beans 

1 tomato

60g chayote

20g red pepper

200g tau kwa

150g cauliflower

100g broccoli 

And I ate a few candies lying in the office fridge. But the good news is now the office fridge is clear of candies, so there's no temptation. This week will be my last week of tau kwa, then I'll transition to adding more meat in. I found out that lentils can be used to substitute for black beans for everything except potassium so I just need to find a good potassium source...

No, I should not eat more then one tomato a day no matter how tempting it looks.

• Like 2

Dinner:

150g cauliflower

100g broccoli 

120g chickpeas

90g sesame chicken

Played about 1h 15 min of badminton with mu colleagues. I think it's all about the wrist.

I also figured out what I'll use for potassium. Eggplants and cucumber! I'll stir fry them with prawns and oyster sauce =)

Supper:

An apple

• Like 2

Then I did this running thing....

Tried to keep it short and sweet but also making it more intense by running up and down a hill.

Lunch:

60g black beans 

1 tomato

60g chayote

20g red pepper

5 stuffed tofu puffs

150g cauliflower

100g broccoli 

I'm also up to 18.5% PBF which is not so good news, but I've had a stressful week with not enough sleep and I've been trying to clear my desk of candies(which has been done), so time to get back on track.

Elevation was from -15m to 117m.

Screenshot_20190725-150657_Samsung Health.jpg

• Like 2

Dinner last night:

Pork rib(50g of pork) and yam(1 cup?) soup

200g bok choi with 50g squid

200g fish roe

Breakfast:

Curry tuna zucchini boat

Cocoa cinnamon milk

Weights:

Chest press (×8) @ bar

Chest press (×8) @ bar +2.5 kg on each side

Chest press (×4) @ bar + 5kg on each side(could not complete 8 reps)

Chest press (×8) @bar + 3.75 kg on each side

Hammer strength shoulder press machine

10 kg on each side, 20 reps

15 kg on each side, 20 reps

20 kg on each side, 20 reps(took 3 breaks)

Dual adjustable pulley tricep curls @6.25 lbs, 12 reps (x3 sets)

Dual adjustable pulley kneel down crunches @21.25 lbs, 20 reps, followed by knee raises on stability balance stand (20 reps), total 3 sets

1 min swinging ropes followed by 100 m lunges

45 sec swinging ropes followed by 50m lunges 

30 sec swinging ropes followed by 50m lunges 

Morning snack:

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon cumin, fennel, 1 teaspoon carom 

1 teaspoon fenugeek seeds

60g black beans 

1 tomato

20 g red pepper

60g chayote

• Like 2

Had a soya bean drink.

Skipped lunch.

Then went to company function in an escape room.

Dinner(company dinner):

Not tracking, it doesn't bear repeating =P

Basically I let my inner glutton go free and wreck havoc. But I am impressed at the amount of food I can polish off(granted, I didn't eat lunch- but also no heavy workout during lunch). It involved my own dinner of pan seared ocean trout, another person's(he was absent but food was pre ordered) dinner of agrula salad with grilled halloumi and hummus, and a bit of crab linguini, about half a small mozzarella cheese ball, a few cubes of assorted cheeses, crackers and some bread.

Occasions like this really drive the point home on how much I'd eat if I didn't keep myself redirected.

Did 1h of Billy Blanks Tae Bo.

Supper: Left overs from company dinner

We'll say it involves smoked salmon on cream and risotto(6 pieces) and lobster on crackers (2 Pieces).

I didn't want to save it for another day since stuff with cheese or possible mayo doesn't keep very well. You know Aramis, the part about food wastage. Still wasted some duck confit but I wasn't confident of my ability to finish everything today.

• Like 1

Ok I was mysteriously absent yesterday. Will give a nice full report on why today.

Breakfast:

Curry tuna zucchini boat

Green bean powder with cinnamon

1 orange 

Unfortunately I left my alchemist supplies at work,so no decoctions for me these 2 days =(

Did an hour of yoga

Went mucking around to where I lost my wallet searching and asking questions, but no luck.

Collected a racepack for 3.5 km run with my BF then we went for a heavy lunch.

Lunch:

250g sirloin 

Eggplant with garlic butter

Sauteed brussel sprouts 

Why yes, I do eat brussel sprouts...maybe a more accurate thing would be to ask what I don't eat =P

Then we did this hike to Mordor together in a raiding party:

Screenshot_20190728-083646_Samsung Health.jpg

• Like 3

The guild leaders didn't run through the route, so there was a lot of overrun in terms of timing(like 2h ish) and dropouts. There was only one stop in between and honestly the pace was a bit too fast for me(I have mentioned before that my walking speed is a joke, right?). Again should I have wanted to hustle, I would have used a run/walk combination. I look forward to the day I can run the entire distance of what I walked yesterday, but there will be some planning involved - running 10k without water is doable, but 21k+ will be a whole different ball game.

Things eaten while on the walk:

A cookies and cream bun

35g of chilli lime cashew nuts 

50g of pecans

Dinner:

Half a plate of fried beehoon and half a plate of fried rice.

Also clocked like 48k steps on Fitbit yesterday. I'm impressed at how many calories a brisk walk (while on a light load -2.4 litres of water) burns - Fitbit put it at 1538 calories or so.

• Like 2

Breakfast:

3 eggs and 26g spinach

Green bean powder with cinnamon drink

Lunch:

A burger?(this time I remembered the tomato =p)

And garlic on the buns are a good idea 

The centre portion of 4 zucchini

A curry tuna zucchini boat

Remaining amount of the burger materials(the rest of the tomato, capsicum and onion)

No exercise thus far but I'm a little pushed for time. Did not want to wake myself up early after yesterdays long March. Will try for star wars workout later in the evening.

20190728_124328.jpg

• Like 1

Snacked: 25g pecans 

Skywalker handstands: Padawan level planks it is. 3

breaks taken total. 

Master high jumps:

3 x 10 box jumps, sit up station that I was box jumping on was up to my knee - not sure how high that is, but I wanted to get the landing mechanics right. Took 3 breaks.

Jabba the hutt chokes:

3x10 body weight rows, took breaks in between

Chewbacca carries:

Couldn't find a heavy enough weight so I used  a milk jug filled with sand (3 kg) then did the masters one hand waiters carry. Right hand I could balance the jug, left was a little tricky.

Han Solo shuttle runs:

Just ran the whole 6x20 secs thing. Fitbit provided the 20sec count and 10 secs intervals.

Force push ups:

4 sets of 8 Knee Plyometric Push-ups - took one break in between.

Jedi force choke holds:

Tiptoed onto the bar and took 1 break.

Dinner:

Prawn, squid, fish and cabbage in teriyaki sauce

Tempura okra and chicken

One chawamushi

0.5 orange 

An apple

A bowl of rice 

Was feeling like something was missing after dinner. I think I was missing my beans.

• Like 1

Breakfast:

3 eggs and 26 g spinach

Green bean powder and cinnamon drink

4 plums

Did 1h yoga at gym.

Did 1h of piloxing at gym.

Lunch:

60g black beans

20g lentils

1 tomato

60g chayote

20g assorted bell peppers

90g sesame chicken

200g stir fried chilli okra

Afternoon snack:

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon fennel, 1 teaspoon of carom and fenugeek seeds drink

1 orange

1 curry puff (yep that's not exactly supposed to be on the menu, but I saw that lonely little curry puff in the box in the pantry after all his friends were already taken off...so...yep, the predictable happened and the curry puff took up residence in my stomach)

Going for evening run.

Dinner:

200g bok choi

70g pork

50g squid 

Around 20g pork and 30g fish in a fish paste ball soup

White fungus 

200g of fish roe.

1 glass of cocoa milk

Hungry as I am after runs, I think I'm really overeating for dinner. I don't think I should be eating that much, even if I can and WILL scarf down everything.

Psst, body fat percentage went up to 18.5, muscle dropped from 23.1 to 22.7 kg, fat increased from 8.9 kg to 9.5 kg. So not very happy with myself, I may have allowed too much leeway with my diet.

Breakfast

1 cashew nut chicken zucchini boat

1 glass of cocoa cinnamon milk

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon fennel, 1 teaspoon carom seeds and 1 teaspoon fenugeek seeds

No exercise yet, will get to weights before lunch.

I'll do a vertical marathon with friends later in the evening, climbing up 40 storeys to get $20 for a team of 4. I don't foresee any issues as I climbed up 80 storeys one Saturday morning to prove to my BF I am game for a Mount Fuji climb.

Sure I won't win any prizes for speed (took me 13 min to climb 40 storeys, another 13 min down or so), but I'll get there.

Weights: 

6 chin ups with 2.5 kg belt, jump and catch bar and pull. Nope, only on first try of the set did I manage to fully clear the bar, the rest were partial way. (4 sets)

Cable deadlift (×10) at 14, 16 and 18 kg respectively.

Trx on knees (x20), 3 sets cycling with 2 min plank in between

Leg raise on stability ball(15x), 3 sets, I'd take a break every 10.

Shuttle run 25 m (x4), followed by 1 min of beating ropes.

Shuttle run 25 m (x4), followed by 45s of beating ropes.

Shuttle run 25 m (x4), followed by 30s of beating ropes.

Lunch:

150g cauliflower

100g brocoli

90g sesame chicken

60g blackbeans

20g lentils

1 tomato

60g chayote

20g red pepper

Did the vertical marathon thing. Wasn't too hard, our group finished 40 storeys in 16 min or so.

Dinner(eating out-except for cauliflower and broccoli):

150 g cauliflower

100g brocoli 

1 bun

1 packet of butter 

50g of corn,carrot and green peas mix(got ir exchanged for instead of fries)

1 large chicken chop

On hindsight I should have exchanged the bun and butter for mixed vegetables since I appear to have bust the calorie meter today.

Supper:

10 grapes

Breakfast:

3 eggs with 26g of spinach and a teaspoon of tumeric powder (pepper is so old skool, tumeric tastes even better!)

Green bean powder drink with cinnamon

5 plums 

An apple 

1h les mills body combat at gym. I could feel my arms and abs aching after yesterdays weights. Such a lovely, lovely feeling. I've missed that. *blissful look*

Nothing on my legs though. Apparently climbing 40 storeys doesn't bother me. But attempting to pistol squat this morning did ^^