Joined local Hiits class and whacked. 

Breakfast:

Zucchini scraps

Some left over from a chestnut chicken zucchini boat making session

1.6 cups almond milk

20g hulled pumpkin seeds

1 kiwi

Jedi high jumps:

3x 15 box jumps on a slightly higher bench(I need to do the low wall soon) 

Han solo shuttle run, 6 sets of 20 s run, 10 s rest

Jabba the Hutt chokes:

3x10 body weight rows at waist height, took a break on all sets (wimp><)

Chewbacca carries:

Hauled dad's tool box of 10 kg around, no issues. 

Force push ups:

4x8 plyonetric push ups, had to rest between sets.

Force choke: 57s? Didn't bother to do the last 3.

Lunch(eating out) :

Pork and yam sausage

Fried yam

4 Pekking duck rolls 

Lots of black pepper duck

Red bean soup

Spinach fried with century egg, preserved egg and normal egg

Now the problem about eating out is I dunno how many calories I consumed. 

Then I went to a physical fitness assessment, got myself a goody bag for doing:

106 air squats(aka body weight squats) in 2 min

104 knee push ups (elbows flared) - 2 min

61 sit ups in 2 min

So now I'm feeling hungry but unsure if I burned enough calories to warrant eating dinner. 

Dinner:

Salad of lettuce, grape tomatoes, Bell pepper, snap peas and corn. No dressing cos I don't like dressing. Snap peas are surprisingly sweet raw

400 ml of various flavoured yogurts. Felt a chicken drumstick was a little too oily after lunch and the salmon sashimi was $9.80.

Those 4 tubs of yogurt cost me $2.95, geez. 

Also came with a pack of frosties that I'm going to crunch up after tomorrow's rock climbing. 

• Like 1

Did supper on some crispy pork belly and roasted pork later, sigh. 

Breakfast:

1.6 cups almond milk

1 cashew nut chicken zucchini boat

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon of cumin and fennel, one teaspoon fenugreek seeds

A kiwi

Climbed some walls(coloured routes - yellow, purple and green). I can do 5c routes on rock climbing walls now, and most of the time on bouldering routes. 

Lunch(eating out) :

Rice with soya herbal chicken and an egg

5 mini meat buns

5 dumplings 

4 pieces midwing to wing tip fried chicken wings 

4 scoops of ice cream(oooops! It's protein ice cream if it helps, and I got carried away as peanut butter is a new ice cream flavor to me) 

20191013_124439.jpg

20191013_093935.jpg

20191013_093417.jpg

20191013_092538.jpg

• Like 1

Whoa! I like the numbers on those ice cream. 165kcal per 100g serving is quite amazing. All the ice cream I know of are in 300kcal range. 

Also (I believe I told this before) - I'm soooooo jealous of your climbing place. I wish similar was somewhere near me. 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

I travel like 1h 30 min on a weekend via public transport to climb rocks so its not really that close lol. And the ice cream isn't something I'd do on a long term basis since the ingredient list included artificial sweeteners (stevia), and whey protein(which has in some circles, controversies), but its just a one off thing so meh. I havent had ice cream for a long time due to calorie count. 

My beef with artificial sweeteners is that it does nothing for you to lose the cravings for Sugars and some of them have side effects (my aunt and I found out the hard way when we shared a packet of ricola between us two. Aspartame is a laxative so we both ended up in the loo><) 

• Like 1

Yesterday's more derailment:

Dinner:
One chicken drumstick

100 g of bok choi

200g fish

300g of roasted pork ribs

So that was like 2900+ cals on a day with 1300 cals activity...way to go >.< My fitbit doesn't really track rock climbing very well since I tend to take breaks between routes. Hey, I can't continuously climb!

Today:

I have no gym membership. So I'll be doing the nerd fitness star wars workout for strength training.

Jedi high jumps:

3x 15 box jumps on the bed(I think we’re looking at 20 inches, I’m using my legs to measure and its over my knees, onto my thighs now)

Jabba the Hutt chokes:

3x10 body weight rows at thigh height, took 3 breaks on all sets - I think thigh height is too hard for me actually. But the table is only so high...I’ll have to make do with the cards life deals me.

Chewbacca carries:

Hauled 3 kg bottle half filled with sand on a waiters carry, no issues.

Force push ups:

4x8 plyometric push ups, had to rest between sets.

Force choke: 3 breaks for 60 secs. I wonder if rock climbing has an adverse effect on my grip strength for the next day.

Luke Handstands: 3 breaks for 5 min. Sigh.

Breakfast:

1.6 cups of almond milk

300g okra fried with an onion 

100g duku

1 cup of jackfruit

11 grapes

Usual decoction:

1 tablespoon fennel and cumin, 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds

Lunch:

150g cauliflower

150g lotus root

10g sesame seeds

90g sesame chicken

20g hulled pumpkin seeds

Dinner

150 g cauliflower

150g lotus root

90g sesame chicken

• Like 1

I walked around my office area during lunch. In the open carpark, there are some low walls (higher then I'm used to) that can be used to box jump on. I'll need to wear long pants in case of shin incidents. I guess I can do push ups in the stairwell and plank in the stairwell as well. There is not anything I can row from nor hang from(I think even if I could reach the carpark pipes with the help of a stool, it may not support my weight), and I don't see anything in the office to farmers carry. 

I am also considering doing Vinyasa yoga in the stairwell as strength training. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

I don't see anything in the office to farmers carry

In Poland in every grocery you can buy 5L bottles of water, dirt cheap.

210973.jpeg

This gives you 5kg on each hand if you buy two. And you can drink the water later and fill bottles with sand for more weight :)

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

It's a bit hard to get sand down here. Fun fact. We import sand for land reclamation lol. I'll check the supermarket for 5L of water later hrrrmm.

Though there was a haul 18.7 kg FedEx box to the reception. I was nice and weighed myself carrying the box and without the box and wrote down the weight. I even specifically called in to give the weight of the parcel and the FedEx guy came with a trolley lol. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

It's a bit hard to get sand

Ya know, it doesn't need to be sand. Just use gravel, dirt or some construction aggregate. In this topic any hardware store/building depot is your friend. And if it isn't an option - even flower soil from garden shop could do - but if buying in garden shop, I'd recommend fine gravel instead (just avoid LECA/exclay, as it's extremely lightweigth). 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Did about 38 min of Vinyasa yoga (labelled for strength). Didn't find it particularly challenging or give the sustained burn that you get when lifting. A couple of chaturangas don't bother me, since I do 45 standard push ups on non weight days. And I even selected the more difficult options - ie choosing to attempt crow pose(didn't get very far but at least got my feet off the ground briefly), and doing wheel instead of bridge. I suppose since its from the internets, most people are doing yoga to relax and not challenge themselves. 

Back to the drawing board I guess. 

Breakfast:

1.6 cups of almond milk

Usual decoction:

1 tablespoon fennel and cumin, 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, with a mango and a cup of jackfruit 

Lunch:

150g cauliflower

150g lotus root

10g sesame seeds

90g sesame chicken

20g hulled pumpkin seeds

Dinner

150 g cauliflower

150g lotus root

I love days where I have my menu out in advance so it's all copy paste. There will be dinner part 2 as I eat out with my BF. But I always get my vegetables in first because they never give you enough vegetables outside. 

• Like 1

Also jogged to the top of the hill near my office, did 30 burpees once on top of it then jogged down. Whole thing took about 36 min or so. Ate a few baked black bean snacks. 

One of the delightful effects of morning yoga was that my hanging leg raises became easier. Ho-hum, I didn't know that would happen ^^

Dinner part 2:

One chicken leg

7 grapes

Quarter a persimmon and quarter an apple

• Like 1

Nerd fitness starwars work out was broken into 2, with the body weight rows, waiters carry and force choke done at home due to having the "equipments".

1st part:

Jabba the Hutt chokes:
3x10 body weight rows at thigh height, took 3 breaks on all sets but the 2nd.

Force choke: 1 break for 60 secs.

Chewbacca carries:

Hauled 3 kg bottle half filled with sand on a waiters carry, no issues.

Breakfast:

4 eggs fried with 26g of spinach

1 mango, 26 grapes

2nd part:

Jedi high jumps:
3x 15 box jumps knee height. I looked at the low wall that was thigh height, failed twice(I ended up tapping the wall with my hands), and chickened out. Sigh. I think I need to jump on the bed for more practice. I seem to have confidence to jump on a bed that is at thigh height but can't do it on a low wall =(

Force push ups:

4x8 plyometric push ups, had to rest between sets.

Luke Handstands: 3 breaks for 5 min.

As per this website:

https://mothership.sg/2018/05/dbs-battle-bay-extreme-how-to-train-to-be-a-ninja-warrior-in-your-office/

I did entertain myself on the low wall doing the wall tranverse. Didn't get very far, but at least it was better then the first time I tried gripping the wall and tucking in my feet to hang on the wall, and couldn't move at all. At least I did manage to get a couple of cm around...

Usual decoction before lunch:

1 tablespoon fennel and cumin, 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds

Lunch:

150g cauliflower

150g lotus root

10g sesame seeds

90g sesame chicken

20g hulled pumpkin seeds

Dinner:

150g cauliflower

150g lotus root

90g sesame chicken

Supper:

1.6 cups of almond milk

Will walk 2 subway stations to join local running group then start running.

• Like 1

Ran with local run group, slowest group and also turned back a little earlier then the rest as the guy I was following turned, so I turned too. I think I need more training on long upslopes. 

Breakfast:

1.6 cups of almond milk

Usual decoction:

1 tablespoon fennel and cumin, 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds

Just for fun, I tried jumping up on the bed at thigh height in my pajamas. I cleared it fine..? I don't know what's my problem jumping on low walls, I speculate is it because I'm wearing shoes so it would be higher then thigh height if I were barefoot so I have no confidence in clearing it? 

Lunch:

150g cauliflower

150g lotus root

10g sesame seeds

90g sesame chicken

20g hulled pumpkin seeds

A peach

7 hours ago, Mortimer said:

I speculate is it because I'm wearing shoes so it would be higher then thigh height if I were barefoot so I have no confidence in clearing it? 

But if you add sole thickness when standing on the ground, you should add it to top height as well - distance you jump in shoes vs. barefoot is the same unless you take your shoes off mid-flight :)

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

I have no idea. I really chickened out ><

Pre run snack:

A mango

Anyway here's my run. And dinner =P

Dinner:

1 slice of pineapple

4.4 oz of blueberries

4 eggs fried with 26g spinach and tumeric powder 

200g salmon stir fried with soya sauce and mirin

150g cauliflower

150g lotus root

A slice of Cheddar cheese 

Inspiration from here:

https://www.runwindsor.com/10-foods-to-eat-after-a-half-marathon/

Screenshot_20191017-204206_Samsung Health.jpg

20191017_183836.jpg

• Like 1

Did the nerd fitness hotel room work out. At level 2, had to take one break for push ups for all sets. 

Overhead Squats: 25 reps (could have done jumping squats but doing them at 3am is bloody noisy). 

Inverted rows: 10 reps (on handlebars of treadmill, couldn't pull fully up due to narrow grip) 

Push-Ups: 20 reps

Reverse Crunches: 15 reps

3 sets total. 

Breakfast: A kiwi and an apple

Going to start intermittent fasting soon while I am on vacation. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Going to start intermittent fasting

Want to loose some weight or don't have time to eat in the morning?

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

No. I'm not having access to home cooked food where I can stuff myself and do minimal calorie damage, so there will be a tendency to overeat. I bust the budget despite doing nearly no breakfast today. 

Lunch:

Half a bowl of rice

30g roasted duck

50g roasted pork 

1 chicken leg 

Half an egg

50g cabbage 

20g bean sprouts

Dinner:

One bowl of rice 

200g beef steak

200g squid 

One egg 

50g spinach

20g bean sprouts 

Drank a cup of pearl milk tea. 

Meals tend to be higher in protein and insufficient fibre so I need to adjust by eating less meals. 

• Like 1

This air bnb doesn't have anything I can inverted row from or hang from. I tested a couple of bars, they don't feel stable and the table is a glass one with 2 layers. That's not very helpful. 

Anyway, just to see if the mandarins were good (only available fruits here, unless I want to do bananas and those are a tad calorific + I need some vitamin C). 

I ate a Mandarin orange in the morning, sort of breaking IF protocols. 

Did 100 burpees hiits style with 1 min rest per 20 and the whole sequence took about 13 minutes? 

• Like 1

Do you have stable chairs? If so, you can buy a broom handle (preferably solid wood, as metal pipe ones tend to be weak), put it across two chairs and use this to body row.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Lunch:

1 plate of beef belly and beef slices

Half a small plate of chicken 

Half a plate of pork and pork belly

Half a bowl of udon

Cabbage

Carrot 

Pumpkin

Mushroom

4 scoops of ice cream

(Was steamboat) 

Dinner at funfair:

Pig blood with glutinous rice

4 mochi

Soya bean curd with peanut and green beans

I have no chairs =(

• Confused 1
4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

I have no chairs =(

Errr... you are in really strange place...

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

This is what I have for air bnb =(

Anyway did:

25 jumping squats 

20 push ups 

15 reverse crunches

(x4) 

Last 2 sets had to take a break at 10 push ups. 

Jumping squats are harder then expected to do continously without pause quickly so I slowed down some. 

Full pics here :

https://abnb.me/kjipFPzqV0

20191018_204715.jpg

20191018_204732.jpg

The clothes bar outside isn't stable, I tried grabbing the tables, it felt tippish(I think that is a bad idea). 

• Like 1

Lunch:

One roasted pigeon

One chicken wing stuffed with fried rice

5 glutinous rice balls stuffed with various filings 

More glutinous rice flavoured with yam and sweet potato with green beans

Half a cheese tart

Dinner:

An orange 

Not exactly healthy but that's what you get snacking on the go on street food. 

• Like 1