Mortimer's battle logs.

45k was also a bit of an accident. I got lost for a bit(I'm directionally challenged), but my gamin 245 brought me back on track. In the spirit of cool weather and planning to run longer distances in the future, I took it as a form of extra training^^

Also, 100 burpees in 12 min 55s. Including rest breaks. *grins at Aramis*

• Haha 1

Deadlifts:

Deadlift @ bar +15kg (x8)

Deadlift @ bar +17.5kg (x8)
Deadlift @ bar + 20kg (x8)

Back squat:

25 kg x 8, 3 sets, superset 

Overhead press: 

Bar +2.5 kg per side x 7,3 sets

Chest press:

30kg x6, 3 sets

Front squats:k

Bar +5 kgx8, 3 sets

Farmers walk :1 min 05 s with 20 kg weight plate.  

Resting a day seems to have improved my weights some...

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Mortimer said:

*grins at Aramis*

yes?

Spoiler

DSC_0041.thumb.JPG.f706996099e3d913df8bdf5e1fefd589.JPG

;)

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Weds:

2 pull ups x 3 sets

2 chin ups x 3 sets 

Deadlifts:

17.5kg /side+ bar x 8

20 kg/side + bar x 8

22.5kg/side +bar x4

Back squat:

Overhead press:

25 kg x 7,3 sets

Chest press:

30kg x6, 3 sets

Cleans:

30kg x4, 3 sets had to rest between reps

Farmers walk :33s with 20 kg weight plate. Did I not grip it right or what?

Thursday:

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

10x 1 TGU @11.8kg

Fri:

20x5 sets of burpees ,1 min break

2 pull ups x 3 sets

2 chin ups x 3 sets 

Bonus chin up is back =D

Deadlifts:

17.5kg /side+ bar x 8

20 kg/side + bar x 8

22.5kg/side +bar x6

Back squat:

7.5kg/side +bar x8

10kg/side +bar x8

12.5kg/side +bar x8

Overhead press:

25 kg x 7,3 sets

Chest press:

30kg x6, 3 sets

Front squat:

30kg x8, 

Farmers walk :53s with 20 kg weight plate. 

Sat:

5k time trial -26 min 6 secs.

I think I have further potential - I didn't get stitches towards the end which seems to indicate I could probably have pushed further. But again unfamiliar route and I felt it was slight downslope on the first part and wanted to conserve some energy for return trip.

Ran another 11k with my run group, had a picnic and ate too much later=P Hey, those no bake peanut butter protein balls were good!

Sunday: Ran around 14km, some parts slackadociously( with a friend who just started running), parts where I was alone, not so, since I pushed for a semi decent pace. (6'30 and below).

Also messed around with date bars(I intend to use them as gel/tailwind replacements for long runs to be taken every 10km):

IMG_20210502_202657.jpg

Unfortunately as of 12h in the freezer they haven't set yet. I may need to add coconut oil to help it solidify (perhaps I shouldn't have added water to the dates when I blended but the blender was making awful noises). I am worried that by adding coconut oil the fat content goes up to 37% of energy value and may slow me down when I run.

• Like 1

2 pull ups

2  chin ups

1 pull up, 5 assisted pull ups

1 chin up, 5 assisted chin ups

1 pull up, 3 assisted pull ups

1 chin up, 3 assisted chin ups

Sigh it looks like Monday blues...

Deadlifts:
40kg x 12, 3 sets

Back squat:

Overhead press:
25 kg x 7,3 sets

Chest press:
30kg x6, 2 sets, last set I did 7

Cleans:

30kg x4, have to take a break every 2-3 reps. Well it was better then the last time I had to take a break every rep....

Farmers walk :38 s with 20kg weight plate.  

I blame Monday blues.

There was a shuttle run challenge in my gym, so I decided to do it heh. After weights. So it's every 10m you turn and touch the floor. I managed 38 x10m in 2 mins. Current record holder did 42. I guess I have some way to go. It's actually rather tiring because your turning leg will get tired, not to mention you're running as fast as you can for 2 min.

• That's Metal 1

Tuesday:

I couldn't find time to do it in the morning. There was a train delay so I was half an hour off schedule.  I did it at night, and my brother in law decided to bring his wife and my niece over. Right while I was doing simple and sinister in the living room. My in laws were so excited to see my niece they were walking dangerously close to my workout area, to the point I was telling them NOT to step on me.

Geez do they have any sense of safety awareness or what? You mean you'd walk near someone who's busy doing TGUs with an 11.8kg weight?

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

8x 1 TGU @11.8kg

2 x 1 TGU @10.8kg

I think my state of mind affected my TGU capabilities. Wanted to finish it as soon as possible before someone might bring my toddler niece out into the living room or something stupid. Also. Bad news. Gyms will be closed from 8th may onwards due to increase in covid-19 cases. Now I need to work out body weight replacements for the following exercises:

Deadlifts

Overhead press

Bench press

My bodyweight circuit will consist of pull ups, will try to eke out some dips(maybe 2 per set for 3 sets), will practice assisted pistols squats with a pole/door frame and do 1 min hollow body hold (hope I can repeat 3 sets). Considering if I should do any push ups since if I have time during lunch I belt out 100 burpees. Taking suggestions on replacing the above exercises.

Weds:

I woke up 2h late because I forgot to set my alarm and had to take cab to work. I chose to cook my food and bring to work rather then rush off without cooking or having breakfast(I could still make public transport).

6 pull ups done randomly over the day on the toilet door. (yes you can, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could grab the toilet door then pull myself up till my head peeked over it lol)

2 chin ups x3 sets

Deadlifts:
40kg x 12, 3 sets

Back squat:

10kg/side +bar x 8

12.5kg/side +bar x 8

15 kg/side +bar x4

Last rep nearly killed me and I thought I needed to bail.

Overhead press:
25 kg x 7,3 sets

Chest press:
30kg x6, 2 sets

30kg x7 last set

Front squats:
30kg x8, 3 sets

Farmers walk : 46s with 20 kg weight plate. 

Thursday:

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

10x 1 TGU @11.8kg

State of mind and an empty kitchen does wonders...

Friday:

2 pull ups x 3 sets

2 chin up x 3 sets

Bonus chin up came back^^

Couldn't go to gym due to work so coughed out 100 burpees in 12 min 38s

Sat:

Conserving run energy for tomorrow's time trial and 36km run. By the time I add both distances together it will nearly be full marathon. I pray it rains like it has been for the last few days close to noon or the last 15km without water is gonna suck.

I went swimming for about half an hour or so messing around with settings on my gamin watch. Strangely swimming does get my heart rate up. Around 110-120. I also messed a bit too much with monkey bars, I did one to and fro set, skipping bars and going hey, this is easy despite not practicing for a month, did a second set, decided I was still fresh and did a third. When I got home and took a bath I realized I picked up a blister. Ooops! I think doing free style and butterfly in the pool helped with my monkey bars shoulder mobility check.

Sat evening:

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

10x 1 TGU @11.8kg

Sunday: 5k time trial. I managed 24:28 with pacer help.

Then I got a lesson handed to me for arrogance. I decided I would go rackey a new biking route (so I can bring my husband cycling) after the time trial, and ran for 24.65km at 6:23 pace on  30 degree Celsius until noon, and ran out of steam and ended up walking 7k under the noon day sun before reaching the end point. It appears drinking your fill and bringing 1l of water with you is NOT enough for 15km under the noon day sun. I had no control over the pace I was running. I knew I was going too fast but I couldn't slow down because there was no shade and I wanted to get to my destination as fast as possible.

But this run was an insightful one. Apparently another thing that can make my heart rate hit above 150 is doing 6:30 pace and below at noon with no shelter.

Also it seems this week is screw myself over week lol.

Monday(first of no gym day):

2 pull ups x3 sets

2 chin ups x3 sets

3 sets total of the following:

20 divebomber push ups

5 assisted pistol squats(yoo hoo pole!) on each leg

1 min hollow hold

3 dips

Originally wanted to do some monkey bars but still have that blister, so....

Workout was a bit short next time I will probably go for 4 sets though towards the end the hollow holds and assisted pistols were killing me.

Also messed around with handstand work.

IMG_20210510_195205.jpg

Walked randomly around with my soapy bucket but forgot to hit timer so no idea how long.

Tuesday:

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

2TGU @11.8kg

8TGU@10.8kg

I think messing around with handstands etc did affect my TGU capabilities.

• Like 1

Wednesday:

2 pull ups x3 sets

2 chin ups x3 sets

20x5 sets burpees 1 min rest interval per set. 12:38

3 sets total of the following:

20 divebomber push ups

1 min hollow hold

20 pike push ups

3 dips

Whole workout took about 17 min or so.  No breaks though so it was continuous action all the way. A bit short for my taste. Maybe I really should try for 4 sets...or maybe add some swinging around monkey bars.

• Like 1

Screenshot_2021-05-15-02-43-15-361_com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile.jpg

Then I did this thing walking from evening till near 3 am. The loops took longer then expected. I was doing 5 loops/h on a run-walk combo. I'm slightly disappointed Strava records show only 2130m elevation gain but I am likely going to submit my gamin side by side with my Strava and cite an error cos I remember doing 39 loops. I was practicing this because  I want to go for the 100km 24h type of races and I need to know if I can march a whole night without falling asleep on my feet. I have no illusions I can run up such a steep hill thus did a run-walk combo. Every 5th loop I'd run all the way uphill and try to run up the stairs as well. Then I'd start to again from road mirror + 1 lamp post,next loop do road mirror +2 lamp posts. It was a way to stave of boredom and break the monotony of the run and help me keep track on the number of loops done.

I also ran downhill but slowly. Didn't want to run into knee issues.

• Like 1

Sunday:

Walk ran 7.2km with a buddy then properly ran 7.2 back home. Pfft.

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

2x1TGU @11.8kg

8x1TGU@10.8kg

Not surprised with TGU issues, wanted to do them yesterday but decided it wouldn't be a good idea. Probably still having after effects from da long climb.

• Like 1

Monday:

2 pull ups x3 sets

2 chin ups x3 sets

Bonus chin up is back. I wonder if I should try for bonus pull up...but that's a totally different ball game.

4 sets total of the following:

20 divebomber push ups

1 min hollow hold

20 pike push ups

3 dips

To and fro once on monkey bars (figure I should use my pull muscles a bit more). I'm far better on monkey bars with right hand (dominant hand) leading then my left.

No rest between exercises -doing full circuit mode.

I tried to bucket carry in the bath but didn't get very far. Probably tired after earlier entertainment.

Tuesday:

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

10x1TGU @11.8kg

Business as usual, I have a biib pre run for minimum 3km so I will try to squeeze a run in tonight.

Weds:

2 pull ups x2 sets

2 chin ups x2  sets

Final set of 3 pull ups and 3 chin ups 😃

4 sets total of the following:

20 divebomber push ups

1 min hollow hold

20 pike push ups

3 dips

To and fro once on monkey bars 

No rest between exercises -doing full circuit mode.

Decided to skip bucket brigading since I think I pulled my left deltoid somewhere in the shenanigans.

I think all that hollow body hold is helping with my pull ups.

• Like 1

Thursday:

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

1x1TGU @11.8kg

9x1 TGU@10.8kg

Yep pulled deltoid don't like me...

20 x5 sets burpees, 12 min 30s, including 1 min rest/set

Friday:

2 pull ups x2 sets

2 chin ups x1  set

3 chin ups x 1 set

Final set of 3 pull ups and 3 chin ups

I did 20 x 5 sets of burpees during lunch.

4 sets total of the following:

20 divebomber push ups

1 min hollow hold

20 pike push ups

3 dips

No monkey bars today because monkey bars were wet so I did 10x inverted rows instead.

Also haven't been good with diet. Ate a scoop of ice cream and several peanut cookies...long day at work.

Sat: 

Ran 30k slackadociously because of no running group. In my defense the trail was muck due to lots of rain for the last few days to the point I had to walk some parts of it.

Sunday: 

Ran 20km at a 6 min pace(yeah no kidding),so I could get back in time,kick my husband out of bed and run 2.3km more with him at at 7:25 pace. I was singing while jogging and he was telling me that the river was next to me and I needed to be thrown in. Just as an interesting point, when he did the sprint finish, I couldn't keep up. Mmm I guess I really don't have much acceleration for nuts(though it might not have been fair either because it's after I ran 20k at a 6 min pace)

• Like 1

Monday:

2 pull ups x2 set

2 chin ups x2  set

Final set of 3 pull ups and 3 chin ups

20x5 burpees during lunch

4 sets total of the following:

20 divebomber push ups

5 assisted pistol squats(yoo hoo pole!) on each leg

1 min hollow hold

20 pike push ups

3 dips

To and fro once on monkey bars (figure I should use my pull muscles a bit more). I'm far better on monkey bars with right hand (dominant hand) leading then my left.

Tuesday:

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

10x1TGU @11.8kg

Ran 6km to a photoshoot for a fitness blog then ran 6km back home total 12km.

• Like 1

Weds:

2 pull ups x3 set

2 chin ups x2 set

3 chin ups x1 set

Went to friends house, walked-run 7km and had a cook out,then soaked in the swimming pool for a bit. Nice relaxing day but not particularly productive in terms of exercise.

Thursday:

10x10 1h swings @11.8kg

10x1TGU @11.8kg