Mortimer's battle logs.

Ok last sat I did forest force 50. 50k of trail work in about 8h 22 min(some parts were too muddy and slippery to run) and it kicked my ass =P 1k of elevation in 50 km ><

Yesterday I went to KA13. They have a collection of spartan obstacles. I feel since I was seriously out of OCR shape, I didn't really utilize as much as I could have.

Rope climb: Fail

Multi rig: Fail

Low rig:Fail

30kg atlas stone carry: Fail

Inverted wall structure climb: Had to use side scaffolding to get over.(Not supposed to)

Wall climbing: Only to what I can jump and reach from standing position. About 8 wooden planks worth.

I get my hands on top of the wall, scramble to cat hang before moving feet to hands and hooking foot over.

Basically this method:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLALQuK1NDrgi5ANcBQ1UfyhcrmpEvTWW

Balance beam : ehh iffy

Hurdle: Meh until I was told not to get my knees on the hurdle. Then I used parkour safety vault. Went a lot smoother

Tyre flip(100kg) - Yes, I can flip a 100kg tyre but my technique leaves much to be desired. Apparently I don't keep my back straight when doing the flip.

20kg rocks bucket carry: Yep I can carry a bucket filled with rocks weighing 20kg and walk around with it. Again I did practice before with a bucket of soapy water...

Anyway on Sunday I'm back to....zipping down roads as fast as I can go.

Sub 2h Half marathon. Yep, I always wanted that one. With pacer help. Impossible without.

Screenshot_2021-11-21-22-25-15-441_com.strava.jpg

Also I'm now everesting. Everyday I will make my way to Fort Canning for 20 loops(should be 400m, but my seely nub watch only records 270+m). I hope I have time to finish it since it must be done by 11 Dec. I will try to pull longer shifts on weekends. I am not allowed to attempt one shot as my husband has given me a ban from ultras for the rest of the year.

4 years. Serious training started about 2 years ago when Covid hit since gyms were closed. The marathon on trail is just the begining. Basically until December 31st 7pm,I will aim to clock as many loops around the resevoir as possible. I will run on alternate days but will aim to do 30k minimum per stretch. Weekends if I am free - back to back marathons on the resevoir. We'll see how far I can go.

Last year I was doing 1-2 loops(11-22km)/day everyday, but I don't have the time to do that this year.

• Like 1

That's madness! I love it!

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Is this even allowed? I mean hauling their stuff for them? 

For me, if I'd take on such challenge like long-distance run, it would be self-explanatory I need to carry all I need on me. Maybe except water on drinking stations.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

It's a virtual race so uh yeah we help out =P

And because it's a virtual race - there are no aid stations. But there are still cut off times. 

It's sort of dumb to miss the finishing timing (45h for 200km), because you were busy queueing to enter (multiple) petrol kiosks toilets to fill up your water bottle/buy water from petrol kiosk. Yes, you can get quite the queue. Since there may be one cubicle and 3-4 people queueing to enter.  Or several people at the counter manned by one person. No the route does not run through water fountains. My water consumption/10k is about 500 - 750 ml and I think I am quite the camel.  A certain Norwegian ice bear would probably take a lot more...

Also runners won't be able to run continuously - this is run through the city so there are traffic lights etc. If it's night and the road is empty, by all means jay run/jay walk. But there will be enough forced stops to delay you as it is.

I need about 70g/dates per 10km, at bare minimum. If I were doing ultra work, I would bump intake to 100g/10km. So 200km you'd be carrying 2kg of dates? It does add up - once I'm over about 3kg load my speed drops to 7:30min/km. Not to mention at least for us not pros, we're not very sharp after a night of running.

Case in point, myself: I can still run after 100km, but whether I run the right direction or not is questionable. Even at my best I'm a crappy navigator. A night without sleep makes things worse ><

• Like 1

I am rather short of time here - I have not the time to do strength training. What I'm trying to do is just squeeze in sets of  body weight exercises throughout the day.

So far I've done a set of:

4x 2 assisted pull ups

4x2 assisted chin ups

2x2 assisted pull ups

2x2 assisted chin ups

1 assisted pull up

1 assisted chin up

3 sets of 3 dips

2 sets of 10 push ups

I intend to do later another 10 push ups, 3 sets of 1 min hollow body hold and 3 sets of 5 assisted pistol squats per leg and call it a day.

I want to do simple and sinister but I have this little problem...

IMG_20220124_054403.jpg

The scar tissue actually formed a blood blister which I promptly popped the last time I tried to do Turkish get ups. I tried wearing a knee brace over it but it's still painful put weight on that knee.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Cure that blister first. 

Also - did you tried do S&S on some sort of thin foam lining, like yoga mat or exercise puzzles? A bit of padding works wonders for knees and elbows :) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler