Mortimer's battle logs.

So I ran with the running group (Group 2) at a oh shit I dunno how fast they're going pace =P

Usually fartlek(or speed play) - people don't want to spoil the market by running too fast(else the poor sap sprinting to the front has a hard time), but today we had some speedy gonzalleses around so I had to chase them up with my short stubby feet. The good news is that there was quite a bit of recovery time where we were still jogging at a decent pace and I guess I did manage to catch some breath during that phase.

Post run snack:

50g pecans

1 glass of milk.

No chicken wings or mushroom fritters were eaten but I still got to redirect the greedy guts somewhere...

Mmmm, pecan nuts :D

On the other topic - what is your normal jogging pace? And how tall are you? Because when I told my long-time runner coworker my pace is 6 km/min he was surprised. Maybe it's because I'm tall (193 cm) and have long legs. 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

6.30 min/km under optimal conditions(yes, I can and have maintained that pace for 10 km straight). I.e with not too much sunlight and with a running group on road(I'm lazy as f to push myself if I am alone =p). I'm 1.57m lol^^

If I am alone I will probably do a 7 min/km thing and laze around while I'm at it. On hills it drops to 7.30 min/km, but going up 100m in 1.4 km distance is considered rather steep incline here.

• Thanks 1

Breakfast:

Curry tuna zucchini boat

Glass of cinnamon milk

Morning snack:

Decoction of 1 tablespoon cumin, fennel and 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds

Weights:

Inclined chest press (x10) -just the bar, no weights - 3 sets 

Deadlift @ bar +10 kg (x8)

Deadlift @ bar +15 kg (x8)

Deadlift @ bar +17.5kg (x8) - took a break in between 

Deadlift @ bar +17.5kg (x8) - took a break in between 

But also was using the actual bar and not the shortened bar. Also someone was using the weight locks so balancing 3 different weights on each end was making me nervous.

Calf raises on seated leg press x20 @65

Calf raises on seated leg press x20 @85

Calf raises on seated leg press x20 @95

Dual adjustable pulley tricep curls @6.25 kg x20, 3 sets

Diagonal leg raises on stability ball (x15) each side,  first set without breaks then took a break at 10, 3 sets.

Weighted sit ups lifting medicine ball(5kg) from back to overhead (x15)

Followed by plank with alternate arm raise (1 min)

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

250g cucumber with ginger

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Weighed myself on the in body scale, I lost muscle =( I don't know if I'm running (or cardioing) too much or what.. 

The only good news is I didn't gain fat.

Joined a Hiits workout at night.

• Like 1

Breakfast:

Curry tuna zucchini boat

Glass of cinnamon milk

Morning snack:

Decoction of 1 tablespoon cumin, fennel and 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds and a kiwi

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

250g cucumber with ginger

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Yeah no workout recorded yet. Going for a Fight-Do class in the evening though. I'm wondering if too much cardio has been causing me to lose muscle mass so I decided not to wake up early so as to get more sleep.

A company event tea:

One curry puff

One chicken pie

I'd say really bad timing because today has been an inactive day so I pretty much blew the budget. I doubt I'll have enough time to burn those calories off tonight ><

Dinner(well it had to get eaten or things would be wasted):

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

60g chickpeas

6 stuffed tofu puffs 

Then did Fight-Do for about 45 min, it's like body combat except theres more emphasis on leg movements while punching and also theres some drop to the ground to crouch/burpees between punching sequences.

Breakfast:

Curry chicken zucchini boat

Green bean drink with cinnamon

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon cumin, fennel and 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds

One orange

Weights:

Did the star wars workout:

Jabba the Hutt choke: Bodyweight rows, 3x 10, took a break after each set

Jedi high jump:

3 x 15 box jump on 18 inch high sit up bench with breaks in between 

Force choke:

60 secs, no break 

Force push:

4x 8 plyometric push ups,  took a break

Han solo shuttle runs:

6x 20 secs at a run, Fitbit provided timing 

Skywalker handstands:

4 breaks for a 5 min plank, meh that's crap.

Lunch:

An A&W waffle with maple syrup and butter 

Drank some root beer ice cream float .

Couple of fries with cheese and minced beef.

A&W just came back to my country after leaving about...20 years ago? So yep, had to go try their famous waffles.

I'll probably do the Chewbacca carries later in the day.

Teabreak: An apple

Did the Chewbacca carries: 3 kg on each hand.

Dinner(eating out):

Half a chicken(yes, I know I wasn't getting enough protein throughout the day so I hit it rather heavy).

20g carrot

1/2 cup of mushrooms 

Curry eggplant  

And a scoop of icecream

Breakfast:

Curry tuna zucchini boat

Cinnamon milk

One kiwi

Did some disguise checks(wore a light coloured shirt and baggy pants) to appear ah..hem..not so fit and more rounded so as to qualify for a lose to win fitness assessment.

So basically the results were as follows:

33 knee push ups(elbows close to body) in 1 min

36 sit ups in a minute

66 squats in a minute(but it was squat on a chair)

Shuttle run of 4x10m at 11.90 secs (hey, all those Han Solo shuttle runs paid off ^^)

Step test(3 min of steps, 1 min of rest) of 79 heart beats per min

That was pretty much the only work out I got for the day as I was busy with my culinary experiments(hey, where would you find a food mage except in the kitchen?=)

So for lunch I researched the eggplant lasagna.

Not a true lasagna per se, but I cut eggplants into strips,  baked them with salt, basil and oregano for 10 min. Then I made the "meat sauce" out of 2 tomatoes, one chopped onion, 80g minced pork and 230g okra adding half a teaspoon of basil,thyme and rosemary.

After that I put one layer of meat sauce, put a layer of eggplant strips, and spread it with a bit of mozarella cheese, added the next layer of meat sauce,  followed by eggplant slices, then another layer of meat sauce and a bit more mozzarella cheese. 

It worked pretty well except the eggplant was still tough. Maybe I need to bake it longer?

But that was lunch.

20190818_124557.jpg

Breakfast:

3 eggs

Green bean powder with cinnamon 

155g of cempedak

1.5 cups of cempedak seeds

One kiwi

Weights:

Bench press - just the bar(x8)

Bench press - just the bar + 2.5 kg(x8)

Bench press - just the bar + 3.75 kg(x8)

Bench press - just the bar + 5 kg(x8)

Deadlift @ bar +10 kg (x8)

Deadlift @ bar +17.5kg (x8) 

Actual bar, weights all locked down so wasn't worried about anything going all over the place.

Calf raises on seated leg press x20 @65

Calf raises on seated leg press x20 @85

Calf raises on seated leg press x20 @95

Dual adjustable pulley tricep curls @6.25 kg x20, 3 sets

Diagonal leg raises on stability ball (x15) each side,  first two set without breaks then took a break at 10, 3 sets.

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Afternoon snack:

An orange

Did some jogging with my BF. Probably 3 km or so only.

Dinner:

Pig stomach soup 

And a cup of milk since I was short of protein.

Breakfast:

Curry tuna zucchini boat

1 cup of cinnamon milk

Did 43 min of body combat.

Then did 47 min of yoga before lunch.

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Since my office karaoke session was postponed, I plan to go running with a local running group. Shape run 10k is this Sunday. Time to see if I can do 10k in under an hour.

• Like 1

fzimfdhnhs6b99bt2bvf.jpg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Ran with a local running group, but a different one then was previously planned. So the schedule today was 3.2k run + 20 min Hiits + 3.2k run back. Not that I mind,  since I am also in need of Hiits sessions. Run there was lead by the trainer who was doing a reasonable pace, but since most of the group didn't care for running back, the run back was on a voluntary basis - and the guy in front of me ran at a speed I couldn't catch up, despite pushing. (That's not exactly that easy - I'd say I'm trained). Ahhh...its all those tall guys and their long legs =P

Dinner:

150g cauliflower

100g brocoli 

2 salted egg fried chicken pieces 

2 stuffed tofu puffs

1 cup of milk

2 plums

Forgot to bring my phone so I have no idea how fast we were running on the return but going there wasn't that fast.

Breakfast:

3 eggs with 26g of spinach

Green bean powder with cinnamon

1 kiwi fruit

Did an hour of body combat.

Morning snack:

A small box of fried beehoon that my colleague sponsored

Weights:

Squats

8 x Just the bar

8 x bar + 10 kg on each side

8x bar + 15 kg on each side

8x bar + 20 kg on each side (gosh that's rough)

Deadlift @ bar +10 kg (x8)

Actual bar, weights all locked down so wasn't worried about anything going all over the place.

Calf extension on calf extension machine x20 @60

Calf extension on calf extension machine x20 @ 60

Dual adjustable pulley tricep curls @6.25 kg x20, 2 sets, last set was done @8.25 kg

Diagonal leg raises on stability ball (x15) each side,  all sets without breaks(except between sets), 3 sets.

Chest press, inclined chest press and even the bench was being used, so I resigned myself to doing push ups. 10 per set, first two sets were fine, last set I had to take a break at 5.

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Also, its mid autumn festival and I'm wondering if I should try my hand at making mooncakes. But they're awfully calorific...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/from-the-straits-times-archives-1-mooncake-975-calories%3famp

I wonder if I could..make them healthier. But itd mean I have to make everything from scratch and even so...I don't believe in artificial sweeteners so the sugar would still have to come from somewhere.

Dinner:

150g cauliflower

100g brocoli

60g chickpeas

5 stuffed tofu puffs

Then joined local running group for a solid 40 min on hills (ohhh my legs are killing me). Yes, I can run uphill but I don't usually go that fast ;)

Supper:

Apple

1.6 cups of milk

Thats like 2k calories in but again today is a run day so...

• Like 1

Breakfast:

Cashew Nut chicken zucchini boat

1 cup of cinnamon milk

Then did 44 min of yoga before lunch.

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Will have a Hiits season tonight, meanwhile I need to stay away from the pantry as there are muffins there and I don't have any calorie budget to spare, yoga being not a very good calorie burner.

• Like 1

Dinner:

200g of xiao bai cai and a fish cake

60g of pork from pork ribs, carrots(30g?), corn (half a ear)and cuttlefish soup

120g of steamed fish 

Did not eat any muffins, just as well,  for some reason the hiits session didn't register on Fitbit so I had like no budget to spare at all.

• Like 1

Breakfast:

Cashew nut chicken zucchini boat

Cinnamon milk

Going to hit the weights.

Squats

8 x Just the bar

8 x bar + 10 kg on each side

8x bar + 15 kg on each side

8x bar + 20 kg on each side 

I will try to aim for deeper squats next time. I didn't go all the way down(worried that my knees would be over toes)

Actual bar, weights all locked down so wasn't worried about anything going all over the place.

Chest press - yep I just found an empty bench, pulled up a 60 lbs barbell and got started. (Bench and inclined bench used)

8x 60 lbs,  3 sets and barely made it but I did not go low enough to touch my chest. I tried later with 50 lbs barbell, I could. May need to adjust weight for future.

Calf extension on calf extension machine x20 @60

Dual adjustable pulley tricep curls @6.25 kg x20, 1 sets, last 2 sets was done @8.25 kg

Diagonal leg raises on stability ball (x15) each side,  all sets without breaks(except between sets), 3 sets.

Weighted sit ups lifting medicine ball(5kg) from back to overhead (x15)

Morning snack:

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon of cumin, fennel and 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds and a kiwi

Also, I blew my budget as I failed my will save and enthusiastically indulged in the pies and cheese cake my colleague bought to celebrate her promotion.

• Like 1

Pre lunch noms:

All pies and quiches are palm sized

1 chicken pie 

1 ham quinche

1 vegetable quinche

One beef and potatoes pie

Several random pieces of light bites and part of a chicken sandwich and part of a smoked salmon sandwich from swiss bake.

Went for 51 min of body combat

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Dinner:

Left over chicken from zucchini boat(yeah pies and cheese cakes are all well and nice but I really better get my proteins in on a weights day).

20 pieces of longan

One kaya bun, one blueberry bun(I thought it was yam)

One piece of salmon sandwich 

Two tomato tarts

Then my colleague was saying the cheese cake wouldn't keep over the weekend and was getting us to take it back home. Since I didn't want to get cheesecake smudged all over the place, I decided the expedient thing to do was to store it in my stomach.(Another 2 pieces of cheese cake eaten)

That was the extent of the calorific damage. I'd probably have to run a marathon to burn all that but alas I am not going to be able to =P

I will also be cutting down on physical activity tomorrow as Sunday is my 10k. Will let you all know timings when it is out.

I brought the remainder of brocoli and chickpeas back home for breakfast tomorrow. I've eaten too much for the day as it is.

• Like 1

Deliberate chill out day. Conserving energy for shape run 10k tomorrow.

Breakfast:

150g cauliflower

100g brocolli

60g chickpeas

Did 30 pushups

Did some light jogging with my BF.

Lunch(eating out):

Seafood pasta in marinara sauce

Moved laterally using the side bar across the monkey bars. But the last time I tried the full monkey bar thing forward I only got half way.

My fitness buddies are trying to pull me to go for spartan sprint and I know my upper body strength is lacking. I will do 30 push ups on days I am not strength training and try to practice on monkey bars as much as I can.

Tea break:

100g jackfruit seeds

1 cup of jackfruit

Dinner:

Below picture with an extra sweet potato(yeah attempting to carb load before tomorrow)

20190824_175901.jpg

• Like 1

YAY for OCR :D

I don't really know the formula of Spartan, but heard Sprint is entry level in terms of obstacles. You got this :) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Last nights supper:

An apple

Breakfast:

4 eggs, 26g spinach

2 little sponge cakes

Nestum 3 in 1 milk

A kiwi

Usual decoction of 1 tablespoon cumin, fennel and 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds.

Finished Shape 10k in about 58 min 1x seconds. Fitbit fked up the recording so no proper data on the run was taken. Will wait for it on site.

Oh yes that was with the help of my little green friend(aka green tea).

6-7k I felt a stitch coming on so I switched songs from we will rock you to my oh my until the stitch feeling disappeared then started trying to pick up the pace to stay ahead of the 6 min pacer group.

After run snack:

100g jackfruit seeds 

One can of 100-plus

One bottle of orange water isotonic drink.

• Like 2

After run snack part 2:

1 apple

2 glasses of milk

1 cup of jackfruit

8 rambutans(I have no clue how to calculate these in calories in my fitbit)

Master high jumps:

3 x 15 box jumps, sit up station that I was box jumping on was up to my knee. Breaks only between sets

Jabba the hutt chokes:

3x10 body weight rows, took breaks in between

Chewbacca carries:

One hand waiters carry of Ooops a bigger bottle filled with 3 kg of sand since the old one spoilt. Right hand was iffy but managed to pull it off, left hand I had to have a break.

Han Solo shuttle runs:

Just jogged the whole 6x20 secs thing. Fitbit provided the 20sec count and 10 secs intervals. Running after doing a sub 1h 10k? Sorry, nope!

Force push ups:

4 sets of 8 Knee Plyometric Push-ups - did first 2 sets on knees, then took a break and went to toes. Took breaks between sets.

Jedi force choke holds:

Needed a break for 60 secs.

Skywalker handstands: Padawan level planks it is. 4 breaks taken total. 

Lunch:

200g okra

80g pork

240g eggplant 

Dinner:

Pig stomach soup with pork ribs

200g bok choi with 60g shrimp 

2 vegetarian mock shrimp

• Like 1

Breakfast:

Black pepper chicken zucchini boat

1 cup of milk

4 empty tofu puffs

18 rambutan

Going for yoga later. Then joining running group.

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

300g cucumber with ginger

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Afternoon snack:

An orange

Local running group didn't run that fast today as the running track was wet. So running with them wasn't that tiring, phew.

Dinner:

200g chye sim with pork and fish paste

Shrimp omelette 

Baked fish with chilli and onion

I also did manage 30 push ups(standard) broken into 3 sets throughout the day. Guess who was doing push ups in the stairwell during lunch break? ^^

The other part of the plan, moving laterally across my clothes bar went sideways, since even at night there are too many things being hung down there. I guess I will just practice the dead hang.

• Like 1

So since I couldn't book body combat class, I decided to do the burpees Hiits thing. 20 burpees, 2 min rest, rinse and repeat. I got about 4 sets done before I hated myself. Next time I'll try for 5 sets. Not a bad thing to do since you don't need anything other then yourself and it does work up quite a sweat. I did do the widearm push ups instead of standard for burpees because I can't do 20 standard pushups straight.

Not to mention if I'm aiming for Spartan Sprint, I should make sure my burpees are on point. Because burpees will happen.

Breakfast:

Black pepper chicken zucchini boat

1 cup of  cinnamon cocoa milk (oooh I've missed you).

• Like 1

Morning snack:

1 kiwi

3 pieces sugared dried mango(yep, I'm a little stressed at work, thus causing my failed will save) 

Weights:

Lowered bar to my shins. 

Chest press(made sure to touch my chest with the bar) :

Just the bar (x8) 

Bar +2.5 kg(x8) 

Bar +3.75 kg(x8) 

Bar +5 kg (x8) 

6 jump pull ups (only first one went fully up) 

6 jump chin ups (first 3 went above bar) 

4 jump pull ups (can't remember if I got above bar) 

4 jump chin ups (can't remember if I got above bar)

2 jump pull ups (can't remember if I got above bar) 

2 jump chin ups (can't remember if I got above bar)

Clean and press @40 lbs, (x8), 3 sets

I can clean and press 50 lbs but I think I'd be stuck at 4 reps/set. 

10 pistol squats with doorframe help on each leg

Diagonal leg raises on stability ball (x15) each side, first 2 sets without breaks, 3 sets.

Farmers walk of 12 kg dumbells in each hand, for 1 min

Lunch:

40g pink lentils

300g cucumber with ginger

20g red pepper

60g chayote

1 tomato, all in a stew

150g broccoli 

100g cauliflower

90g sesame chicken

Afternoon snack:

2 plums

Dinner:

Platter combination of roasted pork belly, char siew pork and char siew pork ribs. 

Also 50g of chye sim. Honestly after all those cruciferous vegetables, I find leafys... Not very satisfying. I have to eat what looks like a bucketful (OK slight exaggeration) before I feel happy =(

• Like 1