*POM POMS INTENSIFY MORE THAN THEY'VE EVER INTENSIFIED*

sooooo many many congratulations, Sky!

New Ranger: "Take me to your leader"

Skygirl, the absolute champion:

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I FELT WHEN I SAW MY NEW TITLE

THANK YOU THANK YOU MELLON NIN

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

Good job Sky x

Thank you Sal!!! I didn't do anything besides apply, but I'm awfully grateful!!  :D  :D  :D 

• Like 1

Ashes+of+Love+EP03.2018-11-30+20_09_24.g

Today was ... interesting. Emotional glitching seems to be continuing. My brain is working hard on a lot of questions that are all tied back to the one I was asking at the beginning of this challenge, which is - who am I? Now that I'm out here on my own building my own life however I want, what am I doing with it? Should I join this church? What kind of exercise do I want to try next? Am I really becoming a welcomed part of my team at work, like I feel I am? Should I get my tattoo now? Can I get a kitten? Is it okay that I'm talking to Guy even though my parents are very upset about it? Which people at church do I want to start hanging out with? What do I do now that I'm a Guild Leader, and how can I possibly set a good example for the Rangers I love so much? I feel very acutely aware of all the possibility and potential that exists in my life these days and frankly, it scares and overwhelms me a little. I feel like I'm changing but I don't know what I'm changing into. And that scares me and excites me and leaves me feeling very emotional many days, especially since I'm not getting enough sleep lately.

Last night I had a phone conversation with Guy for the first time in ... years? Ever?; and it was kind of weird and unsettled me enough that I had some of the most bizarre and hideous nightmares I've had in many, many years and woke up every couple of hours all night. (I think the weird pizza I had for dinner had something to do with that too.) No lasting damage but I was tired and spacey all day. And unfortunately, I decided that the appropriate person to share all these turbulent, indignant, confused, frightened, self-conscious emotions with was Ayre; but while Ayre has grown massively since I introduced him in my threads three years ago, any expression of discomfort on my part still sends him into a tailspin of anxiety, so then I got to feel guilty about upsetting him on top of being upset myself, and ... yeah, I just really need some sleep.  :) 

Wrote up a battle speech and that felt really good, and actually I motivated myself too, to try to recover some direction and purpose for the end of this challenge. I cooked dinner tonight instead of eating junk, which was lovely; and I'm about to head for bed a bit early, which is also lovely. Tomorrow has a lot of natural walking built into it, and Wednesday I might try to do some yoga. I haven't looked at fitness classes yet but I'll try to remember tomorrow.  :)  

Time for the sleeps. Goodnight!!

tumblr_inline_pf5r4jSz531qdha7v_540.gif 

GAAH IS HE JUST NOT SWEET AND ADORABLE I AM SO MAD THEY'RE ALL DRIVING HIM TO EVIL GRRRR 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Last night I had a phone conversation with Guy for the first time in ... years? Ever?; and it was kind of weird and unsettled me enough that I had some of the most bizarre and hideous nightmares I've had in many, many years and woke up every couple of hours all night. (I think the weird pizza I had for dinner had something to do with that too.) No lasting damage but I was tired and spacey all day. And unfortunately, I decided that the appropriate person to share all these turbulent, indignant, confused, frightened, self-conscious emotions with was Ayre; but while Ayre has grown massively since I introduced him in my threads three years ago, any expression of discomfort on my part still sends him into a tailspin of anxiety, so then I got to feel guilty about upsetting him on top of being upset myself, and ... yeah, I just really need some sleep.  :) 

You know, I can be one of the people you talk to...

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You know, I can be one of the people you talk to...

I can already hear your eye rolls from wayyyy back here, but ... I almost did message you, and then decided I didn't want to bother you with my transient drama on your birthday.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

I can already hear your eye rolls from wayyyy back here, but ... I almost did message you, and then decided I didn't want to bother you with my transient drama on your birthday.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifTalkativeShockingAfricanparadiseflycatcher-size_restricted.gif

"Still brooding, I see."

I blushed and straightened out of my hunched posture, shaking off my hood to sheepishly face the Bearded Ranger. I had been crouched at the edge of the small jagged embankment for nearly an hour, feeling miserably cold despite the hot weather and gloomily thinking about all the decisions I needed to make. I had been invited to become a member of the local community of Lightbearers, the followers of the King who served and ministered to the community where I lived. I was deeply impressed by their elder, Steven the Wise, a tall and broad-shouldered man with kind, preoccupied eyes that never seemed to be focused on anyone, yet always aware of who was nearby and in need of a helpful or thoughtful word. He was as learned as a monk but quietly and fiercely revolutionary, as was his wife Marlee, a bright-eyed, powerful woman with intricate tattoos woven across her skin from her neck to her fingertips and a warm smile like a welcoming campfire. I was drawn to their spirit - I wanted to serve with them and learn from them and be part of their community. But the way they lived was different from what I was accustomed to, and I needed to decide if I was ready to change what I had believed all my life.

And as I had come trooping home from work one day the previous week, I found a small letter tucked underneath the wreath of dried flowers on my door, in firm, masculine handwriting that I didn't recognize. When I opened it, I was stunned to find a note from Guy, the man from Middle Earth whom I had long since given up hope of ever seeing again. He'd been thinking of me, he said, and he hoped I was well. And if I was willing, he hoped he could write to me again. I had gently laid the letter on the table and glanced at it quietly throughout the rest of the evening, uncertain what to think. Nearly two years had passed since I had bumped into him in the marketplace back in Middle Earth and he had treated me to dinner. Why was he thinking of me now? Should I give him permission to write to me, or leave the note unanswered? 

"I have a lot on my mind," I said lamely, scooting over to make room for the Bearded Ranger to lower himself to the ground. He didn't raise his eyes to my face, though, and I frowned as I followed his gaze - to my wrist, where the scrolling runes around them were glowing blue. I flushed and pulled my sleeve down to cover them.

"Nightmares?" he asked calmly. I blushed deeper, but he didn't change his expression. "Sometimes you'll feel the ice more than the heat. That's all right. It's part of the cycle of life. Remember that these feelings don't come from a place of failure or evil - it's normal to be anxious about decisions and changes in our lives. You're more sensitive to them than some people, but not all. Remember Celah Uweni, the mage - she carries the ice and fire inside her like you do, but she has learned to let the waves of ice flow through and pass on their way. You'll get better at that. But you're not failing when you feel afraid - only if you act on that fear. If you were to take that icy fear in your veins right now and use it to harm others, then you have fallen into the shadow. But when you feel it there and you sit with it, just like you're doing, then you're just as strong as if you never felt it at all."

"But I don't feel strong," I snapped, striking my hand against the ground. To my horror, ice shot out on each side of it and froze the grass almost up to the Bearded Ranger's knee. I gasped and yanked my hands back, quickly wrapping them up inside my loose jacket. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that!"

The Bearded Ranger held out his hand, palm down, still not changing his expression. "Touch my hand, Sky."

I stared at him. "Are you crazy? I'll freeze you!"

"Touch my hand, Sky."

"But -"

"Sky."

I bit my lip and slowly pulled my right hand out of my jacket, fearfully watching as the blue light pulsed angrily beneath the runes on my skin. This was exactly what had frightened me ever since I reclaimed my ice powers - if I touched the Bearded Ranger's hand, I would surely freeze him and cause him pain. And above all, I was terrified of the thought of hurting someone I loved when the ice was strong like it was now. But he sat still with his hand outstretched, so with unexpected tears tightening my throat, I slowly placed my hand on top of his wrist.

Sure enough, as if I were a thundercloud exploding with lightning, the blue power shot out of my body and struck his hand, rapidly coating it with ice that crackled up his wrist and arm and began to encase his sleeve. I gasped and yanked my hand back, but he caught my wrist with his other hand and slapped my hand back down on top of his completely frozen hand. "Give me the words that go with this much pain," he said calmly. 

I trembled as the words poured out. "I'm not who I used to be, and that frightens me," I blurted. "If I choose to join this group of Lightbearers, I'll be something different than I always have been, agreeing with different truths about my King than I was brought up to believe. That scares me - what if they're wrong? What if I follow them because of my feelings and they're wrong, and then I'm wrong? Will my family be disappointed in me if I go this way? Do I truly want to be like these people? What happens if I change under their influence into someone I didn't want to be? What if I'm following them because of their human qualities and not because of how they serve the King? And -" I paused to catch my breath. "And what about the letter from Guy? He hasn't seen all the growth and change I've done in these past few years - he doesn't know how hard I've fought to become strong and brave and to speak up for what I believe and think, nor does he know how much fear and anxiety and weakness I carry inside me. What if he tries to change me back into who I used to be, when he knew me? And what if I'm tempted to do the same to him? What if I want to answer his letter because I still think of who he was when we were children, but he's a terrible person now? And what if-" I gulped a breath to try to slow the gush of words, trying to pry my hand away from the Bearded Ranger's wrist, where the ice had thickened until his entire arm was encased in more than an inch of ice. "Oh, my friend, I'm so sorry -"

The Bearded Ranger smiled and let me tug my hand away, his eyes twinkling deep inside his hood. "Don't you feel better?"

did feel better saying those questions out loud - as if I had finally drained a blister, or released a breath I had been holding for much too long. I felt shaky and empty. And the blue ice no longer pulsed in my veins. "But your arm," I stammered.

The Bearded Ranger chuckled. "Sky, surely you didn't forget that you're not the only one with the King's healing powers." He placed his other hand on the ice, and I watched in astonishment as it melted so quickly that it disappeared in a shower of steam. "An immature healer is in danger of taking the ice into themselves when they let another person cast it on them. But I've had many years of practice in not letting it into my system. You can talk to me, Sky. Sometimes you can let the ice fade on its own, but sometimes you need to release it. It's all right to do that, whether in private, in prayer, or with another person. You aren't hurting anyone, especially if they know how to keep it out of their own body."

I swallowed hard and rubbed my hands on my knees, feeling warmer for the first time all day. "I wish you knew the answers to those questions. But I think I'm going to have to do the work to find them on my own."

"You think correctly."

"I'm going to have to be honest with myself about whether I really believe what Steven and Marlee do, and I have to make my choice based on that, not on them being brilliant and beautiful people."

"I think that is wise."

"And I guess I can't find out what Guy and I want from each other without answering the letter. But I know in advance that I'm not going back to who I used to be - frightened and meek and ashamed. I need to keep moving forward and finding out what the King wants me to do. And I need to be open to who he is now too, not who I want him to be."

"It will be harder to do than to say, but I think you're on the right track."

I drew a deep breath and pulled my knees up to my chest, sitting quietly for a few moments and looking out over the rocky embankment. "Change is part of growing, no matter who we are," I said softly, more to myself than to the Bearded Ranger. "None of us get to stay comfortable with ourselves and our lives for very long. We're meant to be rivers, not ponds - we flow, we rise and fall, we get too big for our banks sometimes, and other times we barely have enough water to move forward at all. But we aren't meant to sit still and stay the same, year in, year out. And just because we're flowing differently than we were a year ago doesn't mean we're a different river. We're just in a different season of life."

The Bearded Ranger did not answer, but I knew, without seeing his face, that he was smiling. After another moment of letting some stillness return to my turbulent heart, I sighed and shook myself and rested my cheek on my knees to face him. "You didn't come out here to be my counselor, I assume. What did you want to talk to me about?"

This time I could see his smile deep inside his hood, and his next words seemed to freeze the entire world into silence. "The leaders of the Ranger Corps have asked me to recruit ten new leaders to help oversee their districts. I've chosen you to be the leader for this district of Rangers."

• Like 3

Sky your Ashes of Love man is so cute i'm not sure it's actual legal to post those gifs. I'm not gonna report you or anything but. the cops might well descend at any moment.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:12 PM, SkyGirl said:

Should I get my tattoo now?

*slides you a bag of chocolate coins* may i ask what sort of tattoo you're thinking of getting? Sincerest apologies i can't recall for certain if you've already shown us?

On 6/17/2019 at 10:12 PM, SkyGirl said:

Can I get a kitten?

Can't Advice This Objectively. Kitten. <3 <3 if you'd like to Look At Kittens but aren't sure about actually getting one yet, may i suggest watching some Kitten Academy or Kitten Lady on the Youtubes? ooh or Cole and Marmalade! Or Tradowlita!

Skyyyyy your writing never ceases to amaze, i love this latest installment!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

"I'm going to have to be honest with myself about whether I really believe what Steven and Marlee do, and I have to make my choice based on that, not on them being brilliant and be

The Bearded Ranger did not answer, but I knew, without seeing his face, that he was smiling. After another moment of letting some stillness return to my turbulent heart, I sighed and shook myself and rested my cheek on my knees to face him. "You didn't come out here to be my counselor, I assume. What did you want to talk to me about?"

This time I could see his smile deep inside his hood, and his next words seemed to freeze the entire world into silence. "The leaders of the Ranger Corps have asked me to recruit ten new leaders to help oversee their districts. I've chosen you to be the leader for this district of Rangers."

The Bearded Ranger Smiled once more. "Courage is not the absence of fear, it's activity despite fear. That fear is not the enemy, at least it's presence isn't. The temptation to give in to fear so that we do nothing is the actual enemy. Fear is a part of you as much as the ice. It can harm, but it can also help. I know in the heat of summer your ice powers would be helpful for someone wanting a cold drink. Even your healing powers, if applied inappropriately, can harm. Our abilities do not define us. Our choices of how to use, or not use, our abilities says far more about who we are than the abilities themselves. I wouldn't have asked you to lead if I didn't already know you are going to use your abilities well. I trust you Sky. I hope you can learn to trust yourself."

With that, the bearded Ranger put the palm of his hand on the center of Sky's forehead. Instead of a surge of power, a gentle warmth spread from the Bearded Ranger to the seated one. 

On 6/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, Miaulin said:

Sky your Ashes of Love man is so cute i'm not sure it's actual legal to post those gifs. I'm not gonna report you or anything but. the cops might well descend at any moment.

YES OKAY BUT

MY KIND GENTLE SMOL BEAN

PhonyGlumBorer-size_restricted.gif

IS GETTING SO UNHAPPY AND ANGRY AND READY TO EAT EVERYONE

tumblr_pf7mkjczcj1qdha7v_540.gif

AND IT'S HURTING MY HEART BECAUSE NOBODY CARES ABOUT HIM THEY JUST ABUSE HIM

*slides you a bag of chocolate coins* may i ask what sort of tattoo you're thinking of getting? Sincerest apologies i can't recall for certain if you've already shown us?

I mentioned my idea ages ago - I want a small tattoo of a chipping sparrow, my favorite bird, because every time I see them I think of the way God cares for me even more than those tiny, happy little birds.  :)  Lately I've been experimenting with adding a highly stylized version of my favorite name of God, El Roi, the God Who sees. Same idea but a little more explicitly faith-related.

I found a lady on Instagram who does just beautiful tattoos that I really like, but she's up in New York City and that's pretty far to go.  :P  I don't think I'm quite ready yet, but I've been mulling this for years, so eventually I'll work up the nerve!!

Can't Advice This Objectively. Kitten. <3 <3 if you'd like to Look At Kittens but aren't sure about actually getting one yet, may i suggest watching some Kitten Academy or Kitten Lady on the Youtubes? ooh or Cole and Marmalade! Or Tradowlita!

absolutely love cats and I know I very much want a pet, but whenever I think of getting one, I think through all the objections and reasons why it's a bad time, too expensive, not practical, and so on and so forth. It was that way when my brother and sister adopted the cat right before I moved out; I was like "it's the holidays, it's expensive, she needs medical care, blah blah blah"; and she's been nothing but joy for them. There are always reasons to get a pet, and always reasons not to.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:13 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

With that, the bearded Ranger put the palm of his hand on the center of Sky's forehead. Instead of a surge of power, a gentle warmth spread from the Bearded Ranger to the seated one. 

I swallowed hard and sat up straight, my hand unconsciously moving to the Silver Bow, as I let the gentle warmth of the Bearded Ranger's healing powers soothe the tumult in my heart. It was going to be all right. Whatever feelings and fears tried to shake me from day to day, I was reminded that they couldn't shake my foundation, the Truth deep down inside me that shone a little brighter in me each day. Whatever surprises and obstacles lay ahead, I knew I wouldn't face them alone, but with the other Protectors beside me, behind me and in front of me. And I still didn't need to be afraid of the things inside me that felt like ice in my veins - my fear, my anger, my shame, my loneliness, my self-doubt, my past. I was just as loved when all I could feel was those things as I was when I felt strong, brave, calm, confident and generous.

"I promise I'll do my best to watch over the Rangers in my district," I said earnestly. "I promise I'll watch out for the other Protectors and support them however I can. And I promise I'll do everything I can to help all the Rangers find the Light in their lives."

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yes, get a tattoo AND a kitten :P

Hope you are ok xx

I am okay!! And I am strongly considering getting a kitten so I can flood the internet with adorable kitty pictures 24/7!!  :D:D:D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

I am okay!! And I am strongly considering getting a kitten so I can flood the internet with adorable kitty pictures 24/7!!  :D:D:D 

Glad you are ok :)

YESSSS sounds good. Just a side note....i was mentally unstable when i got Jackson, On a whim because i was lonely and sad. People kept saying, it wasnt the right time, i couldnt look after him blah blah. 

6 years later, and he saves my life constantly. He is my best mate, i love him more than anything. We hang out and he makes me feel less lonely. It has been good for me to have this responsibility. No matter how depressed i am, he must get fed and watered....it was the best decision ive ever made :) xx

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

"I promise I'll do my best to watch over the Rangers in my district," I said earnestly. "I promise I'll watch out for the other Protectors and support them however I can. And I promise I'll do everything I can to help all the Rangers find the Light in their lives."

"I have no concerns about you taking care of the Rangers. I want to make sure you take care of yourself."

• Thanks 1

Today was a good day. I was super tired because I didn't get to sleep until almost 3AM and I've felt a little sick for a couple of days - I stayed up late talking with Guy, then just as I fell asleep, my sister texted to say she had injured her foot and was in a lot of pain, so we stayed up talking about that for a little while, and after she signed off I was wide awake and could not fall asleep. It was partly because I drank iced tea at dinner, I think, and then also worry about my sister and a lot of feelings and questions about Guy. But regardless, I did fall asleep around 3, so at least it wasn't all night.  :) 

This week I've been feeling a little extra positive about my job - I'm starting to feel like a real member of the team, as I think I mentioned in one of my anxiety-fueled brain spews the other day, plus I published my big story and it was very well received internally as well as externally. I'm starting to feel excited about some of the things coming up and also about just being here in such a cool place, and that's such a good feeling - for the past couple of months I've felt a bit - bored, maybe? Disappointed that this was all there was? But building relationships and getting to do some different things has got me feeling excited about coming to work again, which I know never lasts, but it's awfully nice while it's here.  :)  

Today my exercise was walking 4.9 miles, and I was going to take another walk when I got home, but I wasn't feeling well and decided to stay in. My stomach has been upset for a couple of days, so hopefully some sleep this evening will help it heal.  :)  Lily and I ate out last night and tonight, which normally I don't like to do, but it was nice and comforting for my stomach so I'm letting it slide. Tomorrow I might hit up a museum after I clean the house; I've wanted to for weeks but haven't been free, and the weather is supposed to be completely perfect. 

I also need to spend some time thinking about my goals for the next challenge - it feels like a good time to reboot a bit, to regain some movement and some care about what I'm eating. Work has settled into a less overwhelming rhythm, my daily commute doesn't overwhelm me anymore, and I think I need to take a look at a) upgrading my house a little bit since it still looks like I just moved in, b) finding some movement that feels good and gives me a little zest for life, and c) caring for my health in ways I've been neglecting, like finding a dentist and primary care doctor, maybe also a counselor, to help with these racing-brain episodes. 

... of course, her advice would likely be "wellp, for starters, you should sleep more"; so I'm going to work on that one preemptively right now.  :) 

giphy.gif 

• Like 5

"Excuse me, sir." I tapped lightly on the doorpost of the Second Chief Editor's shop, where he was busily transcribing copies of the evening's bulletin. He didn't hear me right away, so I tapped again harder. "Sir?"

The Editor looked up, his watery blue eyes wide and startled in his delicate face, and looking even more like a nervous rabbit than usual. "Yes? What? Oh, Sky. What is it? I'm very busy."

"The Chief Science Editor asked me to bring this to you. He neglected to include it in this morning's bulletin."

The Editor froze with his slender white hands over the table and began visibly trembling. "But I already have the evening's bulletin half copied," he protested, his voice rising slightly in pitch. He whirled to face me, eyes somehow even wider. "Who wrote this? Whose article?"

I hesitated. If I told him the writer, he would blame her and complain to the Publisher about her performance, possibly costing her. "It wasn't her fault," I said, keeping my voice calm. "The Science Editor and I both were aware it was supposed to be published today, but we failed to talk about whose job it was to deliver it to you. Each of us assumed the other would bring it. I'm very sorry, sir."

The Editor threw his pen down on to the table and dug the heels of his hands into his eyes, rocking back and forth slightly on his heels. "Does no one know how much I rely on protocols and schedules in this business," he wailed. "How am I supposed to include this lengthy article into my evening bulletin when I'm supposed to have it published in an hour? Does no one pay attention to the rules and regulations?" He suddenly slapped his hands onto the table and glared in my direction. "I want to know the author's name. It was her responsibility to make sure her project was properly finished and published. Tell me who it was so I can remind her of the protocol!"

As I drew a quick breath to try calming him again, a movement outside the small building caught my eye. My heart jumped to my throat. It was Aubron, and his deeply knitted brows showed that he was distracted and busy. If the Editor saw Aubron outside, he would rush out to complain, interrupting Aubron's thought and escalating the misunderstanding.

I quickly glanced back at the Editor, who had thrust the heels of his hands back into his eye sockets. There was no time or space in the tiny building to shoot one of my arrows of clarity into the ground. Taking a breath and hoping it would work, I slipped my hand behind my back and wrapped it around the grip of the Silver Bow, and surprise and relief filled me as the familiar bright, sharp power of clarity immediately heated the bow and made my hand tingle. I discreetly rested my other fingertips against the Editor's desk so the power could flow through the room.

"Sir, I'll make sure to remind all of the writers about the protocol, and in the meantime, we apologize greatly for all the trouble we caused you," I said gently. The Editor's pressure on his eyes lessened slightly. "I am sorry for the miscommunication and I promise we won't let this happen again. We truly do care about all the work you do and I hope you know how much we appreciate you. If you don't, please let me reassure you that we are so grateful for your work and we know we couldn't do this without you."

The Editor's frustration began to ebb and he slowly lowered his hands. "Well," he said slowly, and looked at me with one eye, "I supposed accidents do happen."

"They do, sir, unfortunately."

He curled his lip thoughtfully up to his nose, then sighed and turned back to the table. "I'll talk to the Science Editor and see if we could perhaps publish it tomorrow, as a compromise," he sighed, and began collecting the bulletins into a neat pile. "But don't let this happen again!"

"Thank you, sir, I will let Aubron know you need to talk to him," I said gracefully, and backed toward the door. "May the rest of your work go quickly."

"It will if people follow the protocols."

I backed quickly out of the door and turned to go - and nearly crashed into Aubron, who was standing just outside the door and out of sight. "Oh sir, I'm sorry," I stammered, jumping back and lowering my gaze in embarrassment. "I was just about to find you."

Aubron did not reply immediately, but stroked the slight stubble on his sharp chin as he peered, first at me, then into the Second Editor's workroom. "I saw what you did," he said in a soft enough voice that the Second Editor would not hear. "Thank you for bringing your clarity powers to that situation. I'm sorry you had to take the blame for my mistake but I appreciate your standing up for the other members of the Movement."

I blushed. "I don't mind, sir. Anytime I can defuse tension, I'm happy."

"Your skill with the clarity bow is stronger than I realized," Aubron continued, and crossed his arms to squint at me. "I'm glad to know I can depend on you in difficult situations."

I stood up straighter. "I'm honored to think so."

"That may come in very handy in some of our future efforts."

"I'm very glad, sir. You know I'm here to support the Movement however I can."

Aubron twitched his mouth back and forth for a moment thoughtfully, then picked up his satchel to resume his course. "Keep up the good work, archer."

"I will, sir."

• Like 2

Last week I had the chance to intervene in a miscommunication where people were about to get in trouble, and to defuse tensions and soothe ruffled feathers, which is something I'm really good at but don't get a chance to do very often anymore ... I enjoyed it so much (and Aubron really did take notice) that it prompted the previous vignette.  :) 

Yesterday I went into the city for the entire afternoon and had such a good time - I started at the Holocaust Museum, but they had already closed their main exhibit for the day, so I went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and that was epic. It was big and loud and bright and completely overstimulating in every way, but I saw so many cool exhibits and artifacts and absolutely loved it. Lily joined me after that and we got some ice cream from a street truck, then walked down to the Jefferson Memorial to see the sunset, then back to the Wharf District to get dinner. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to do more exploring and see things I've never seen before.

I did not, however, drink nearly enough fluids during the day; so by the time I got home, even after dinner and the ice cream, I was very dehydrated and felt sick all night, and didn't get a chance to properly start rehydrating until I got home from church and errands this afternoon. So I'm finally feeling better, but I'm going to take it easy and rest this evening.

For my challenge wrap-up, I don't think I did quite as well as I would have liked, and my problem is just what I wrote my battle speech about: Finishing well. I start out well. I have good ideas. But I don't follow through on them the way I'd like. So maybe for my next challenge, I will pick just one thing, and see if I can do it consistently every day (or every pick-your-own-time-period, like a weekly thing). I'll likely have other goals too, but the accomplishment of finishing something well would be my main focus. I like this idea already.  :) 

• Like 4

I think yo did great this challenge. Yo are doing awesome  at making  a new home and thriving and helping others in your job.