My way towards (next) OCR

June 13th:

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - garlic chicken strips with olive oil, stir-fried Chinese veggie mix- 699kcal, 95g protein

Dinner - none

after workout shake - protein powder on coffee - 120kcal, 23g protein

snack - handful of strawberries - 60kcal, 1g protein

Supper - rice, cod, fried eggs, quark, mushrooms, all mixed in form of risotto, cucumber salad - 849kcal, 62g protein

Drinks - black coffee, water. Small bottle of flavored water. Morning coffee with 100ml whole milk - 160kcal, 3g protein

Total 1888kcal, 184g protein.

Bit too high with calories, but man, I NEEDED that sweet water (100kcal of sugar). When there is 36 deg C outside, full sun, car's interior is scorching. I'm so proud of my AC for not giving up. But anyway, I have this lemon water in my car, because it's only drink I can swallow when it's warm. Plain water at 30-60 degrees C is disgusting. And this tastes like lemon tea when warm :)

Skipped dinner because air was hotter than my meal...

Workout (running):

3.2 km in 23 min

7 segments of 1 min running and 2 min walking.

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

June 14th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - garlic chicken strips with olive oil, stir-fried Chinese veggie mix- 699kcal, 95g protein

Dinner - veggie soup with chicken and groats, cauliflower, sausage - 405kcal, 23g protein

after workout shake - protein powder on water - 120kcal, 23g protein

Supper - leftover cleanup (quark, mushrooms, wiener sausage, mozarella, lard, cauliflower) - 771kcal, 45g protein

Drinks - black coffee, water. Morning coffee with 100ml whole milk - 60kcal, 3g protein

Total 2055kcal, 189g protein.

I overate because I hate throwing out food, and those leftovers were either eaten asap or thrown away. And besides, I was seriously hungry after workout :) 

Workout (strength):

warmup - 5min elliptical

8 | 7 | 7  assisted chin-ups 

1x10 (to failure) negative chin-ups

3x circuit (20 squats with exercise band, 13 push-ups) - on last set of push-ups - 17 reps - pushing my PR!

streching - bit of dynamic strech, bit of yoga poses

Adding reps, breaking my PR, overall pushing myself more. Looks like I operate quite effectively in such heat (temps still in the 30's). Maybe I'm a lizard? 

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

It's the heat, I know it. I'm a lizard... or... 

Spoiler

DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oh my god!

*salutes on temps in 30s*

Temps in 30s, I'm hiding in an air-conditioned gym for my workouts. Though for running I may make an exception - because I believe you should be able to run in all weather. No point being unable to outrun the zombie apocalypse because it was too hot, right? Those zombies don't care about the weather! 

My nephew loves dinosaurs! What kind of dinosaur are you? 

Sorry I don't know how to hide content(Im on phone). 

5 hours ago, Mortimer said:

What kind

Not sure yet if any, but I'll do my research on a free time. 

June 15th.

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - scrambled eggs on tuna chunks, rice, tomato and cucumber salad - 678kcal, 54g protein

Dinner - potatoes, fried mortadela in batter, cucumber - 680kcal, 24g protein

shake - protein powder on water - 120kcal, 23g protein

Supper - smoked cod and quark rolls in lettuce leaves- 302kcal, 67g protein

Drinks - black coffee, water. Morning coffee with 100ml whole milk - 60kcal, 3g protein

Total 1840kcal, 171g protein.

Workout (running) - 3.2 km walk, no running. 

My day was quite good, I was productive and all... until afternoon, when it all went to hell when it turned out my car died. Now I need to call in late to work on Monday, tow my car (it won't start) to mechanic who JUST did big engine repair (and cashed some serious $$) and... yadda yadda yadda (don't whine AGAIN aramis, get your shit together). 

Anyway - just a walk (fast march tbh) for a workout. I felt down and overwhelmed and almost dropped my workout entirely, but then my wife decided to go with me, and I needed this support. So... no running, but still better than nothing.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

June 16th.

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - bacon and grilled quark omelette, tomatoes and iceberg lettuce - 935kcal, 57g protein

Dinner - potatoes, fried mortadela in batter, stewed cabbage - 412kcal, 14g protein

Supper - grilled eggplant with mozarella, smoked cod rolls in lettuce leaves- 416kcal, 46g protein

Total 1823kcal, 120g protein.

Low on proteins. I overate on fats in lunch, dinner was low on protein (but lots of stewed cabbage - I love it! ), and wasn't really able to throw more protein in the supper without overshooting my calories. I still think "no harm done", since I keep my proteins high on a daily basis. Tomorrow it'll be back at target level.

Workout - none (rest day)

No workout, but had lots of move - first I needed to examine why my car won't start (some acrobatics to get to fuel pump), then some house chores and finally grilling eggplant for supper (and for my wife to take it for nightshift) and prepping my workweek lunch. Not much sitting on my ass anyway. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

June 17th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - chicken stew, grilled veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrot frozen mix) - 696kcal, 98g protein

Dinner - fried potatoes, fried eggs, stewed cabbage - 514kcal, 25g protein

Supper - quark blended with blueberries, handful of almonds - 429kcal, 31g protein

Total 1819kcal, 180g protein.

Chicken stew is exaggeration - It's just chicken breast (2kg) fried in a large pot on tiny bit of olive oil (25ml), seasoned with salt, powdered garlic and Italian herb mix. When done, excess juice was tickened with a bit of flour (50g) to nappe consistency. Super easy, delicious, and a protein bomb for work lunch :D Nice new way to eat lots of chicken. And what's best - it's not so dry as grilled/fried strips.

Workout (strength):

warmup - 5min elliptical

3x7  assisted pull-ups 

1x10 negative pull-ups

3x circuit (20 squats with exercise band, 13 push-ups) - on last set of push-ups - 17 reps

Doesn't feel like breaking any of my PRs.

I feel a bit exhausted after all day of worrying about my car repair. As I eliminated causes like fuel pump and injectors or ignition, the next possibility was valvetrain. Funny thing - two weeks ago I picked my car from mechanic after general cylinder head regeneration (big $$ repair). Doing this, he put back old valvetrain parts. This alone earned him crucifixion in my eyes. I suspect there was something botched (be it valvetrain synchronization or timing belt tension too low allowing the belt to hop over the camwheels), and it just surfaced.

Anyway, I towed my car to him in the morning and he told me he will examine the cause and call me. I took my wife's car, so I was able to get to work (late, but still). Of course mechanic didn't call me all day. On my way home he called and told me the car is fixed, no charge, and the cause was some torn engine sensor cable (which is a lie, because it would summon the dreadful "check engine" light, which it  didn't). I suspect he just found a thing he did wrong and corrected it. Anyway, I'm on a new mission - to find better mechanic :)

Edit:

Wait, I broke my PR in reps of pulls and negs. 

Edit 2:

Am I oversharing? Why am I bore you with those stories?

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

June 18th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - chicken stew, grilled veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrot frozen mix) - 696kcal, 98g protein

Dinner - potatoes, fried fish, stewed cabbage, tomato - 331kcal, 17g protein

Supper - quark blended with frozen blueberries and dash of 30%fat cream, handful of almonds - 597kcal, 39g protein

Total 1804kcal, 180g protein.

Quark with frozen fruit taste almost like ice cream. Almost. I added cream because a) it's low fat quark and it's sort of dry, b) to add some smoothness. Next time I'll buy some Greek yogurt and try it as a base. 

Workout (running):

Something about 4 - 4,5km (forgot to switch gps on), 35 min.

I introduced running program "None to Run" as a progress from my interval jog/walking. Since I already did some 1 min jog / 2 min walk, I decided to move right to week 4 - 1,5 min run with 2 min walk, repeat for 25 min. I'm tired, but I definitely enjoyed it :)

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

It's easy to skip breakfast when your stomach can't handle any food before 10 o'clock. Only coffee with dash of milk, and then BIG lunch at noon :) 

For some time my doc suspected I had some parasites, but luckily it turned out I'm clean. Maybe my stomach just needs more sleep than the rest of me?

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

If I don't exercise, I can skip breakfast with no trouble. Few cups of coffee, all is well. Now that I am doing about 2 hours of cardio in the morning before I get to the office, I need food or I get hangry. Of course, then I skip lunch and make dinner as soon as I get home.

I toyed with the idea of giving myself a tapeworm for weightloss. Mulled it over for a few weeks, did the research.

Just couldn't stomach the idea.

Hey-ooh!

• Confused 1

Look me up!  MapMyFitness       MyFitnessPal       Fitbit

14 hours ago, MrUgly72 said:

giving myself a tapeworm for weightloss

As I can't see your expression nor hear your voice I may not catch a joke. Because it was a joke, right? ...RIGHT?!

Shrug

Anyway...

report for June 19th:

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Dinner - fried potatoes, stewed pork shoulder in gravy, tomato and cucumber salad - 957kcal, 51g protein

Supper - smoked cod in lettuce - 111kcal, 25g protein

Total 1824kcal, 177g protein.

I needed to skip my after workout protein shake, just to eat anything for supper. Didn't realize gravy is so caloric... sigh. 

Workout (strength):

warmup - 5min elliptical

9 | 8 | 9 body rows from little above ground

3x circuit (20 squats with exercise band, 13 push-ups) - on first set of push-ups I just went full-on and did 20 reps! T W E N T Y ! ! ! And 15 on last.

Yeah, I just felt like - it's too easy, let's see what Im capable of. Needed longer rests between circuits tho to catch my breath and wasn't able to push my last number (17reps) on last set, but I'm happy as a clam anyway :) 

Oh, and since I haven't skip any workout since first one back in March, I decided to give myself a gift. I bought myself new running shoes :)

Spoiler

Here's my accountability list - sadly, no rainbow star stickers :)

DSC_1248.thumb.JPG.0edc3ef803891904f1398d251e18a9f1.JPG

I used it to track my general progress as well. Red ticks were 2 circuits Basic Bodyweight Workout, filled reds - 3 circuits (with limited reps), green filled ones - full routine. Then I tried pull-up training (purple ones). For now I'm settled with my current program - strength (pull-ups + circuits) are blue ticks, running are orange ticks. 

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

On 6/19/2019 at 3:58 AM, aramis said:

For some time my doc suspected I had some parasites...

On 6/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, MrUgly72 said:

I toyed with the idea of giving myself a tapeworm for weightloss. Mulled it over for a few weeks, did the research.

Just couldn't stomach the idea.

Hey-ooh!

I was trying to make a funny. I did not. I humbly apologize for making a stinky in your thread.

Look me up!  MapMyFitness       MyFitnessPal       Fitbit

14 hours ago, aramis said:

Hide contents

Here's my accountability list - sadly, no rainbow star stickers :)

DSC_1248.thumb.JPG.0edc3ef803891904f1398d251e18a9f1.JPG

I used it to track my general progress as well. Red ticks were 2 circuits Basic Bodyweight Workout, filled reds - 3 circuits (with limited reps), green filled ones - full routine. Then I tried pull-up training (purple ones). For now I'm settled with my current program - strength (pull-ups + circuits) are blue ticks, running are orange ticks. 

I need to do this too! Probably hang it on my wall so I'll be too ashamed to skip a day! (I've skipped way too much, oh no) 

Great job sticking to it, that's super inspiring! I wanna manage the same next challenge :D

• Like 1
11 hours ago, MrUgly72 said:

I was trying to make a funny [...] I humbly apologize

I didn't even connected this joke to parasites I mentioned earlier. Sometimes I'm as sharp as a stump... Sorry you had to explain a joke to me. The one to apologize is me.

9 hours ago, Pecs said:

I need to do this too! Probably hang it on my wall so I'll be too ashamed to skip a day!

It's just a wall calendar printed in grayscale to make it more dull, so color ticks stand out more :) And yes, it hangs over my desk at home, so I can see it while sitting in front of PC. And double yes - it's for this "kick-in-the-butt" motivation when I don't feel like exercising. Plus, I feel proud as hell seeing it fills nicely :D 

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

June 20th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - quark, bacon and mozarella omelette, fresh cucumber - 785kcal, 76g protein

Dinner - pork shoulder in gravy, fresh tomatoes - 344kcal, 33g protein

Supper - smoked cod and cheese lettuce wraps, cottage cheese blueberry ice cream prototype - 507kcal, 45g protein

Total 1816kcal, 180g protein.

Another ice cream prototype. Blending AFTER freezing does the work, as texture is way smoother. Next time - Greek yogurt, banana and blueberries (or strawberries).

Workout (running):

5km, 40 min.

Walk 5 min as warmup, then alternating jog 1.5min and walk 2 min. This was first "run" in new shoes, and I already can tell - difference between walking and running shoes is HUGE. Cushioning under the heel is so good...

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

June 21st 

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Dinner - pasta casserole with tomatoes, eggs and mozarella - 585kcal, 41g protein

after workout shake - protein powder on water - 120kcal, 23g protein

Supper - half of cottage cheese with nectarine and almonds - 335kcal, 16g protein

Total 1796kcal, 181g protein.

Workout (strength):

warmup - 5min elliptical

9 | 8 | 8  assisted chin-ups 

1x10 (to failure) negative chin-ups

3x circuit (20 squats with exercise band, 15 push-ups)

Just between fist and second set of chin-ups my boss called me and hold me on the phone for 10+ minutes. After this I lost my enthusiasm about exercising. I got angry about it, but managed to channel this emotion and forced myself to finish the routine. No PR breaking or anything, just doing what had to be done. No fun at all, but muscles got their daily ass-kicking.

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

June 22nd

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Dinner - broccoli, potatoes, fried eggs - 560kcal, 37g protein

Supper - quark blended with coconut paste and raspberries - 492kcal, 47g protein

Total 1808kcal, 185g protein.

Dinner consisted dessert of one meringue and two skittles (my kids' leftovers). Counting calories for a single skittle was fun :) 

As of supper, I needed to eat lot of quark, as it will expire today. (Did I mentioned I hate throwing out food?)

BTW, I weighted myself today and the scale shows 76kg (167.5lb). Looks like burning while jogging starts to add up. I think I need add some calories to keep my weight.

Workout (running): absolute fail

I was so pumped up for the jog all day, installed workout timer app to measure interval times while listening music from my phone, picked music for my cadence etc. 

But then my dad asked me to help him move a table. So I helped. And this happened.

Spoiler

spot.thumb.jpg.c599c72da4335e3e212286f69575fad9.jpg

No running for me, as toe hurt when pressed, but anyway I went on a 3km walk (in looser shoes). Sadly, it wouldn't stop hurting overnight and hematoma grew, so I pierced it just now (it's Sunday morning now). 

Letting the blood out was so relieving, I consider maybe I will be able to go for my run later today. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Mortimer said:

That's horrible

The worst part was disappointment. Physical pain is something I can endure, suppress with painkillers or plainly ignore. But being disheartened, dispirited is toughest to overcome for me. But after trephining the nail it's all better now. I think I will even go for a run in the evening :D

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Pain is an indicator that something is wrong, so even though you can push past pain(I get the best run timings if I push myself till I get stitches, then run despite the stitches), it may not be wise to do so all the time. 

*waggles finger*

But yeah just keep an eye on your toe as you run. 

• Like 1

June 23rd

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - ice cream prototype, sweets, quark, bacon, broccoli - 1050kcal, 58g protein

Dinner - broccoli, fried eggs on tuna - 426kcal, 58g protein

Supper - quark with protein powder and blueberries - 350kcal, 66g protein

Total 1918kcal, 186g protein.

Lunch is wicked, but firstly - when ice cream killed my blender, it wasn't looking very good, but tasted nice. As I stress all the time - I hate throwing out food - so I ate the prototype. 

And secondly - there was festival at my parish, so kids dragged me there to see what's on toy stands. We got cotton candy, some cookies etc. 

Supper was another eye-opener. Blending low-fat quark with pistachio-flavored protein powder gave me a creamy, sweet cheese similar in texture to yogurt (but thicker). I'd say best similarity would be Philadelphia cream cheese with pistachio flavoring. WOW, didn't expect that. 

AND - I raised my calorie limit up to 1900/day. My weight is still slowly dropping (76kg now), so I need to eat a bit more to stop it. My target weight is 80-82kg, but I hope I can reach it with slow muscle gain. 

Workout (running):

~5km, 35 min. - 5min walking warmup, 8x (1,5min jog, 2min walk),  4min cooldown/strech.

I don't want to skip trainings, so when I felt I can run (my toe got way better) I just went and did the thing. Let's call it a switch, I did the "rest day" yesterday.

And it was the best run training I had to date, music helped me keep the tempo, app told me my intervals, temperature was better than manageable (8:30pm and light breeze). More of these please :)

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler