My way towards (next) OCR

3 hours ago, aramis said:

Workout (running) - NONE

I'm a little mad about it, because it's already my third missed running workout. Two earlier due to war games, and this one because I came back home at 9pm, my arm hurt from PV catheter and MRI tech told me to take easy on me after the scan (because contrast agent)... So many excuses, but I'm still not fine with missing the run. 

Seemed like you’re doing the best with your situation at the moment, it’s a shame but sounds like you might need to. 

That being said, it’ll just mean that next workout you can go all out! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

early morning run before it

That would be hard, as I wake at 5:55 and head to work. 

Anyway, it was yesterday, and it's no use crying over spilt milk. All this whining is only my "all-or-nothing" personality kicking in. I just need to do my workout today and tomorrow, and my momentum will be back. The worst case scenario is I need to repeat one week from my running program, which is totally fine, as I didn't set any deadline to finish it. 

19 minutes ago, porkkchop said:

it’ll just mean that next workout you can go all out

Yeah, I think that's pretty on point :) 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

12 hours ago, aramis said:

Workout (running) - NONE

I'm a little mad about it, because it's already my third missed running workout. Two earlier due to war games, and this one because I came back home at 9pm, my arm hurt from PV catheter and MRI tech told me to take easy on me after the scan (because contrast agent)... So many excuses, but I'm still not fine with missing the run. 

I get being frustrated with not getting to run but I wouldn't call life happening excuses. You had different sort of workout just by being in the war games, right? It's still not the same as running but you've basically just skipped one day of being active. 

I don't know about you but I think that is still pretty awesome :D

• Like 1

July 17th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - chicken with spinach, rye bread  - 656kcal, 57.5g protein

Dinner - chicken in batter, groats, cucumber salad - 548kcal, 26.5g protein

Supper - quark, strawberry and tahini halva smoothie, blueberry sweetroll - 673kcal, 34.5g protein

Drinks - black coffee, water. Morning coffee with 200ml whole milk - 120kcal, 6g protein

Total 2033 kcal, 125 g protein.

Workout (strength):

warmup - 5min elliptical

3 x 8 body rows

3 x (15 squats with sand pillow (22,7kg / 50lb) / 16 push-ups) in circuit

stretching - bit of dynamic stretch, bit of yoga poses

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Arm is all good now - it was only irritation from venous catheter. I could do my strength workout without any pain from it. 

And the MR scan results? They should be within a week, but this depends. As with every imaging examination, it takes someone to actually look at the images and serach for any unnatural things. And in my case, they search for anything that could cause chronic headaches - so it can be basically anything. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

When will you be going for the screening test for your kidneys so the docs can find out if there's anything wrong? I mean, so you can get back to proteins. Part of me wonders if I'll get the same problem or uric acid issues, though there's some research showing purine from beans does not lead to gout, but again the medical community is divided on that. 

• Like 1

I've been scheduled to ultrasound at August 23rd. But before that, I will take elaborate urine and blood test on next Monday. This should give the best info about kidney functions - ultrasound will be mostly "just in case" checking on any physical changes/kidney stones etc. 

4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

so you can get back to proteins

I still eat proteins, just a bit less. My doc didn't advise me to cut them entirely, just don't go crazy on them. I still eat somewhere about 1.7g per kg of bodyweight. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

July 18th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - chicken with spinach, broad beans, rye bread, apple pie - 936kcal, 72.5g protein

Dinner - mortadela in batter, potatoes, napa cabbage salad with mayo - 1245kcal, 18.5g protein

Supper - quark with protein powder and fresh cucumber - 248kcal, 38g protein

Drinks - black coffee, water. Morning coffee with 200ml whole milk - 120kcal, 6g protein

Total 2549 kcal, 129 g protein.

Weight still dropping, so I need to eat MOAR!

Workout (running):

31min - 3min marching warmup, 10x (2min jog, 30sec walk), 3min cooldown. Stretching afterwards.

After a week without running this was challenging, but I'm more than happy I did it. Going back to good habits. Another test will be my two week vacations. 

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

My subdermal fat is pretty non-existent, so it is hard to tell. I'm afraid I lose muscle, because exercising got harder than, let's say, two weeks ago. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

July 19th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - chicken with spinach, rye bread  - 862kcal, 63g protein

Dinner - potato, mortadela, eggs and cheese casserole, napa cabbage salad - 1005kcal, 38g protein

Supper - quark, halva and banana smoothie - 522kcal, 25g protein

Total 2509 kcal, 132 g protein.

Workout (strength):

warmup - 5min elliptical

8 | 7 | 7  assisted chin-ups

10 neg pull-ups

3 x (15 squats with sand pillow (22,7kg / 50lb) / 16 push-ups) in circuit

1 min plank

Turns out I can't do negative chin-ups after all. I tried different hand placement, but in every configuration my right elbow pit stung. Some muscle just isn't cooperating and squeezes veins/nerves. When I do regular (assisted) chinup, it is fine. Maybe said muscle just needs time to position itself the right place and when jumping to the bar without the tension, the muscle places itself awkwardly. 

Anyway - I just did negative pull-ups instead. 

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

July 20th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - scrambled eggs with sausage, rye bread and fresh cucumber, 1x protein shake  - 770kcal, 56g protein

Dinner - pasta and leftovers casserole, tomato salad - 987kcal, 25g protein

Supper - grilled eggplant with mozzarella, cottage cheese with blueberry jam, one cookie - 665kcal, 30g protein

Total 2542 kcal, 117 g protein.

Workout (running):

33min - 3min marching warmup, 11x (2min jog, 30sec walk), 2.5min cooldown. Stretching afterwards.

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

July 21st

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - quark paste/smoothie with blended apples, cinnamon and halva  - 903kcal, 85g protein

Dinner - leftovers of "leftovers casserole", fried egg and tomato salad - 976kcal, 28g protein

Supper - whole milk, muesli with nuts and seeds, one peach  - 554kcal, 14g protein

Total 2553 kcal, 133 g protein.

Workout: none (rest day).

Kids are back home and suddenly there is so much noise and turmoil. But it's good. Without it, home seemed strangely quiet and empty. 

As "active rest" I did some Domestic Rangering - some chores, bit of de-cluttering my living space, hanging washed stuff dry etc. Also fixed some minor, but annoying stuff like broken hinge in wardrobe or my wife's flashlight. In the afternoon we watched Mulan together. My 5yo spawn almost burst in tears two or three times, but I did manage to calm him. It's a pain to watch even Disney movies with him, because he is very susceptible for emotional message form movie - all he needs is a bit of sad music or scene of someone being sad and he instantly starts to cry. But we watched the movie together, we had fun and it was awesome. 

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Theres quite some evidence that you can lose your fitness pretty quickly after falling out of routine.

Here:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2017-04-09/how-long-does-it-take-to-lose-fitness/8426246

I watched Mulan twice(about the only movie that I did watch twice), and look forward to the remake by Disney. It's a refreshing change from the usual Disney princesses(think Cinderella and Snow White) that need someone to rescue them. Heh I am not good at fixing stuff - rock climbing skill set did get me up to the flouroscent light on a ladder that was a little too short, but trying to replace it was an epic fail. Managed to take the old light out with YouTube help,but putting the new light tube in didn't work out as I wasn't of the eye level to actually see what I was doing.

• Like 1

That's why I'm figuring out ways to continue my exercises on the vacation :)

July 22nd:

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - chicken with spinach, rye bread  - 796kcal, 62.5g protein

Dinner - groats flour omelette with fatback and tomatoes - 1176kcal, 35g protein

Supper - quark with powidl (plum stew), one peach  - 444kcal, 30g protein

Total 2536 kcal, 133.5 g protein.

Workout (strength):

warmup - shoveling two cubic meters of soil :D 

8 | 6 | 6  assisted pull-ups

10 neg. pull-ups

15 | 16 | 15 | 16 | 15 | 16  squats with sand pillow (22,7kg / 50lb) /push-ups circuit

stretching

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Drama Queen mode ENGAGE!!!

My MR scan results just came in. Looks like I need CT angiography, because doc looking at my MR found something, that might be...

drum roll....

Spoiler

second drum roll...

Spoiler

brain aneurysm!

WOO HOO!!! Confetti! Fireworks! Samba!

Seriously, I don't know why I tell this here... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Hey @MrUgly72! Didn't see you lately. How's your mood? Better, or depression hit you again? I hope you aren't posting because you are busy, not because of poor condition. 

About mine "Not cool" - I'll just bottle this up and pretend nothing happened. Not much else I can do tbh. Today me and wife are going to Rammstein concert, I plan on having fun there. And at night from Sunday on Monday we 're off to seaside for our family vacation. I won't let medical stuff ruin this time. 

July 23rd:

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Dinner - pork chop with potatos and cucumber salad, homemade raspberry and banana icecream with two chocolate squares - 950kcal, 36.5g protein

Supper - toasted ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches with italian herb mix - 640kcal, 22.5g protein

Total 2506 kcal, 127.5 g protein.

Workout (running):

33min - 3min marching warmup, 11x (2min jog, 30sec walk), 2.5min cooldown. Stretching afterwards.

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

July 24th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Dinner - Potatoes with turkey stew and stewed cabbage - 1068kcal, 36.5g protein

Supper - two servings of wholegrain cookies, 2 chocolate pralines - 579kcal, 10.5g protein

Total 2563 kcal, 115.5 g protein.

Bigger dinner before concert. Supper after the gig (after midnight) made of "emergency food" I have in my car. 

Workout (strength):

warmup - 5min elliptical

3 x 8 body rows

3 x (15 squats with sand pillow (22,7kg / 50lb)/15 good mornings with sand pillow / 15 elevated feet push-ups) in circuit (12 pushups on last set), 1min rest between sets

I managed to squeeze my workout right before dinner when I came home after work. After that, we left for the concert (should I count this as 2 hours of aerobic?).

Reading this article, I noticed I lack exercises for my hamstrings and core. As core is used anyway in other exercises I decided to only add something for posterior chain. Good mornings look fun, and I can shove them right after squats in my circuit (without putting sand pillow down). And I tried a bit harder push-ups - with elevated feet (current box is about 14cm/5.5in).

BTW / Edit / P.S.

More of the concert here.

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

July 25th

Nutrition:

Breakfast - none

Dinner - Leftovers extravaganza - Farfalle pasta, turkey stew, stewed cabbage, bread, tomatoes (all dumped in one pot and stewed) - 731kcal, 24g protein

Supper - quark, banana, apple, halva smoothie - 1095kcal, 48g protein

Total 2815 kcal, 141.5 g protein.

Oops... After supper I checked my recipe again and looks like I messed amounts in my smoothie. I added 100g of halva instead of 50g, resulting in overeating 260 kcal and 6g protein. 

Not the end of the world, but I need to be more focused on what I do. 

Workout (running):

This one was brutal. My posterior thigh is sore after Wednesday's good mornings and concert, I didn't think I will be able to do my running. But I did. Legs still sore, so I think today I will lower reps on good mornings. 

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler