My way towards (next) OCR

May 21st

GtG pull-ups: 7x8

Handstand progression - 15min

Wall walk was all the way up, until my palms were ~30cm from the wall (was that a wall handstand?). I kept the position for about 30 sec. Rinse and repeat for ~5 min.

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

May 22nd

Simple&Sinister:

As Pavel says it is allowed, I ditched hip bridges and halos.

As a warm-up I did only prying squats to get hips open. 

Main:

10 x 10 single arm swings with 24kg

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

No issues with arms or glutes. This lets me cut down on warm-up time, and (sadly) time is the most important factor for me. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

May 23rd

Run: NONE.

My mood was down, weather was meh, so I was putting my run for later and later. Finally I put my rollerblades on and went for an hour ride - or rather braking/slowing down practice. Had lots of fun :)

Sadly, skipped my HS progression as well. I was planning on catching up with it on Sunday, but it didn't clicked in.

May 24th

rest day

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 25th

Simple&Sinister:

Warm-up: 2x5 prying goblet squats (24kg). 

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

You know about the roller blades thing, my husband has one of those scooter skates, maybe I'm not good around vehicles of any sort, but I tried it and I was like...urm I think the slightest bump would send me off the road =P I was like uh...I think I'll stick to running, thanks.

What kind of terrain do you roller blade on? Paved roads?

For now I have two places - one paved with those (bit annoying because brick "borders")

brick-tiles-interlocking-pavers-500x500.jpg

and one being asphalt parking lot (smoother, but with bigger incline). 

When I get more used to skating, I plan on going longer routes on asphalt roads.

May 26th

Handstand progression:

5 min - wrist mobility and abs activation

5 min - Crow pose. Longest I kept the pose was 6 seconds. Not much, but longer than last time - I finally start to catch the balance :) 

And then wall walk to Wall Handstand, keep the HS, wall walk down and rest. Three times, HS held for 50, 40 and 30 seconds.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 27th

Simple&Sinister:

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

And  about half an hour of skating in the evening.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Your handstand training intrigues me...hrmm walls aren't hard to find at home, and I guess the only thing you need for crow pose is a pillow in case you lose balance ^^

Asphalt and flat is a good idea. I remember my last scooter skate attempts any bumps were like...iffy business.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Mortimer said:

handstand training

I use this NF article as my source of info. Check it out, maybe you'll find it worthy a try :) 

11 hours ago, Mortimer said:

my last scooter skate attempts any bumps were like...iffy business

Yeah. My skating on brick paved place is iffy as well :) Especially when there are small rocks/gravel bits... 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 28th

Handstand progression:

5 min - wrist mobility and abs activation

5 min - Crow pose. Best was 8 sec hold.

Wall Handstand held for 60 seconds, then 30 seconds and once more for 50 seconds.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 29th

GtG pull-ups: 7x8

S&S - NONE

I got stuck at work for extra 3 hours, so I had no time for a training when finally came back home.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 30th

Run - 5.3km, 30:00 (5:40/km pace).

Wanted to do 10K at first, went slower to keep my energy for longer, then in the middle lost all motivation and ended the run after 5K with a poor time. I have no idea what caused that, but I don't like it.

Later in the evening did S&S routine:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

May 31st

rest day

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

On 5/31/2020 at 12:11 PM, aramis said:

May 29th

GtG pull-ups: 7x8

S&S - NONE

I got stuck at work for extra 3 hours, so I had no time for a training when finally came back home.

Ow. That sucks. I wonder if I should stop myself from checking emails out of working hours really... 

On 5/31/2020 at 12:20 PM, aramis said:

May 30th

Run - 5.3km, 30:00 (5:40/km pace).

Wanted to do 10K at first, went slower to keep my energy for longer, then in the middle lost all motivation and ended the run after 5K with a poor time. I have no idea what caused that, but I don't like it.

Later in the evening did S&S routine:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Hmm. I suppose you didn't figure out why you lost motivation? I lost motivation once because of trying to find the toilet so I could get water. Some other times it's too mother fking hot to run at 32 degrees in the noon. 

3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

if I should stop myself from checking emails out of working hours really... 

I think you should. After all, "working hours" are called like this for a reason :) 

3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

I suppose you didn't figure out why you lost motivation?

Nope. But, to be honest, I wasn't even trying. I was like... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I realized there's no pressure on my running other than one I give myself. And decided I won't push myself to run amazing distances with great speed... I'm not into running that much. For me it's enough to be able to run 5K at pretty much any moment. I think I can run 10K from time to time, which is even more I was aiming for in the first place. So... no pressure (I think I will turn it into my new motto :))

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jun 1st

Simple&Sinister:

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jun 2nd

Handstand progression - none. Fire unit stuff kept me busy all afternoon, and when I had like half an hour of free time, Dad asked me to help him haul some steel rods from one place of our garden to the other. So instead of doing handstands, I was pulling heavy stuff around :) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jun 3rd

Simple&Sinister:

Warm-up: 2x5 goblet squats (24kg). 

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jun 4th

HS progression: ~20min

Wall Handstand held for 60 sec, 40 sec, 40 sec.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jun 5th

Simple&Sinister:

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jun 6th

Wall handstands: 3 x 40sec

Not much, but I was busy all day and did HS late in the evening, when I was pretty tired. Still not bad IMO.

Running tomorrow.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jun 7th

Run: 10.3km, in a 59:26. Average pace 5:46/km (9:17/mi).

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jun 8th

Simple&Sinister:

Main:

10 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler