My way towards (next) OCR

56 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

November 7th! Eeeek I'm fat and out of shape! 

No worries, it's plenty of time still. You'll get in better shape without much fuss I presume. 

And honestly - you are not out of shape. It's just in your head :) 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Jul 7th

GtG pull-ups: 5x8

and pretty much nothing more... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Jul 8th

Simple&Sinister:

Warm-up: 2x5 prying goblet squats (24kg). 

Main (also 60% tapered):

6 x 10 single arm swings with 24kg

6 x 1 TGU with 24kg

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 9th

Nothing more, as I needed to inspect my car's suspension in the afternoon. 

Jul 10th

Today I won't do anything training-wise. I'm getting as much rest as I can before tomorrow OCR.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

You saw the other thread, right? :)

It was sooooooooooooo much fun, despite rainy and cold weather. It was 6km with ~30 obstacles. I failed at only couple of them, but I did more than I expected. 

Sadly I don't have any photos, as there was no public/audience, so I had no one to take pictures. There was couple photographers from the staff, but their photos will be put online in couple days time. Maybe I'll find myself somewhere :) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 11th

My OCR debut :)

Jul 12th

rest, rest, rest.

And I suppose I'll take couple extra days off training to get myself together ;) 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

On 7/13/2020 at 7:32 AM, aramis said:

couple extra days off training

Yeah, right...

Jul 13th

Simple&Sinister:

Warm-up: 2x5 prying goblet squats 

Main:

10 x 10 single arm swings 

10 x 1 TGU 

But to be honest, I took it easy. I used 16kg kettlebell instead of usual 24kg.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 14th

Nothing. Got stuck at work and in commute after. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Mortimer said:

All you need is an empty toilet cubicle afterall ><

For now I'll pass on burpees. Let's call this week "regeneration time".

Jul 15th

Speaking of not doing anything -  another such day. Drove ~600km after work, came home slightly before midnight. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

I needed to pick up my Sister and her daughter and bring them to our home. She lives half the country away, hence the distance. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Sigh. This week is a mess training-wise. But today (Saturday Jul. 18th) I did full S&S routine with 24kg 'bell. All I need more is some running or skating tomorrow, and I'll be back on track (sort of). 

P.S.

Edited the Log's title. Old one got outdated, and I don't want to create new Battle Log.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

No cardio on Sunday. I think I will live with it (somehow) 😎 

But Now is Now, and I need to get back to consistent training. I already decided to drop GtG pull-up routine (at least for some time), but S&S will continue (3 times a week) and some form of cardio in the weekend will be done. On off days I will try to get some fun exercises - handstands, parkour, calisthenics etc. Or just play vigorously with kids. 

So...

Jul 20th  

Simple&Sinister (timed, 24 kg):

Warm-up: prying goblet squats 

Main: 10 x 10 single arm swings, 10 x 1 TGU

Gotta start (again) looking for a 32kg 'bell

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 21st

Nothing really. Just couple Sun Salutations in the evening. Better this than nothing.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 22nd

S&S routine (timed, 24kg)

Jul 23rd

10 min simple gymnastics (squats, plank, jumping jack and jog) with kids, 4 x Sun Salutations in the evening

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 24th

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 25th

Wanted to run some, but circumstances had other plans for me. Spent 3 hours fixing wife's car (needed to replace catalytic converter) and another two at car crash scene (I'm a volunteer firefighter/EMT). In the afternoon wasn't too eager to run anywhere. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 27th

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 29th

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Okay. Time to admit it - I'm backsliding with my training, but not much I can (or rather want to) do about it. There are reasons - post race blues, lots of stuff to do around the house, raising kids - to name a few. 

As I see it, there is no sense in forcing myself to do more right now. I AM keeping my kettlebell routine as a baseline of training, I move a lot every day doing stuff around me. I think I will be fine.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Jul 31st

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Aug 3rd

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Aug. 5th

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler