- 10x body rows with feet on a chair,

- 10x glute bridge, 

- 15x decline push-ups with feet on a chair,

- 2 min rest.

Didn't have time for planks this time.

Stretching - Sun Salutations. 

On 10/15/2019 at 9:47 PM, aramis said:

I don't feel weaker

Yeah, I said that and I jinxed it. Today I had big problem with push-ups - after 10-12reps I had to take a break for a moment before  finishing my set. Maybe it's overall fatigue (weather changing again), maybe larger dinner before the workout, I don't know. 

Food: 2790kcal, 159.5g protein. 

• Like 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

6 hours ago, aramis said:

Hmm... B)

Oct. 16th

Workout (full body)

3x superset:

- max pull-ups followed by max assisted pull-ups (3+5),

- 6x KB halos each side (16kg/35lb)

- 15x weighted squats (22.7kg/50lb),

- 6x KB clean and press each side (16kg/35lb),

- 20x KB swing

- 10x glute bridge, 

- 2 min rest.

Didn't have time for planks this time.

Stretching - Sun Salutations. 

Yeah, I said that and I jinxed it. Today I had big problem with push-ups - after 10-12reps I had to take a break for a moment before  finishing my set. Maybe it's overall fatigue (weather changing again), maybe larger dinner before the workout, I don't know. 

Food: 2790kcal, 159.5g protein. 

Nope, bad Aramis! You do NOT run in a blizzard. *jumps up to smack Aramis on his nose with a rolled news paper*

Yep, I'm that short lol(5'2)

I think you ate too much. I ate too much before running and ended up walking up the hill once >< 

Though yesterday I ran a bit less then the usual group cos I saw the guy I was following turn, so I turned too. Anyway will try do the half marathon thing today in the afternoon. 

• Haha 1

Oct. 17th

As warm-up I finished shoveling coal from front yard to basement. Most of it was done earlier by wife, she left me maybe half of ton from two we ordered. And helped my dad to move scaffolding once again. 

Workout (burpees):

15min timer, 78reps. YAY progress! 

Stretching - Sun Salutations and some various stretches for arms and upper body.

Food: 2763kcal, 160g protein.

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Oct. 18th

Workout (back):

3x superset:

- pull-ups followed immediately by assisted pull-ups (4+5) YAY! Progress! ,

- 10x face pulls (7kg / 15lb on cable),

- 10x trap raises,

- 10x body rows with feet on chair, 

- rest 2 min

20x KB swings (16kg/35lb)

10x per side KB clean and press (alternating arms for each rep)

Stretching

Trap, tricep and shoulder stretches, Sun Salutations.

Food: 2804kcal, 155.5g protein.

Couldn't resist home made lemon caramel...

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 19th

Running:

I made a big mistake. I made myself miserable for first kilometer of my run. I stupidly decided sprinting 120m uphill before 5K run will be fun and reasonable warm-up... Sigh. 

But anyway, I did the run.

5.25km, 29min, 48sec - 5.7 min/km pace. Quite nice regarding I've cut my running to only one run a week, and did three breaks mid run (two for short rest and one for photos).

Also very active day - I started my day by doing dishes, then made breakfast, later replaced headlights on my car, squeezed my run before dinner, and after did meal prep for next week's work lunches.

Food: 2762kcal, 193g protein :blink:

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 20th.

Rest day, so no real workout. Went for airsoft training with friends - we trained dynamic shooting and conquering and defending designated point/area, so quite actively spent time. After training I took my boys and went to visit nearby castle with arms exhibition - from 13th to 18th century. 

Food: 2760kcal, 150.5g protein. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

It is surprisingly lighter when you put it on. It's about weight distribution. But running in extra 20kg of armor is still hard :)

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

On 10/19/2019 at 3:47 PM, aramis said:

Oct. 19th

Running:

I made a big mistake. I made myself miserable for first kilometer of my run. I stupidly decided sprinting 120m uphill before 5K run will be fun and reasonable warm-up... Sigh. 

But anyway, I did the run.

5.25km, 29min, 48sec - 5.7 min/km pace. Quite nice regarding I've cut my running to only one run a week, and did three breaks mid run (two for short rest and one for photos).

Also very active day - I started my day by doing dishes, then made breakfast, later replaced headlights on my car, squeezed my run before dinner, and after did meal prep for next week's work lunches.

Food: 2762kcal, 193g protein :blink:

I missed this; 

but you got very good advice on the next post.

the mantra in running , is to have something called negative splits.

meaning that each sequence of distance takes less time and is faster.

this prevents you from burning out- as you Put out your entire whole effort only AFTER almost all the distance has been run.

now alternately

sprinting up a hill AND then walking back (and doing it again and again)

Has a NAME and a purpose in running.

this is Called HILL SPRINTS and is known as a very tough Hardcore training that you'd only want to do occasionally.

with all that effort and fatigue your body needs rest and relaxation before another workout.

think of it, as like Weight lifting for running.  your are pushing your leg muscle in reps and sets till fatigue and a couple days later strength comes back and your body adjusts/compensates for the effort.  I may do a Hill Sprint workout as quickly as tomarrow...

FWIW; I think you have a similar pace to me.  your described 5.7min/km would seem fast to me but I've matched it* during lots of runs ; I just normally do it at the end.

*now it has to be said; that most of my quicker paces have all been on paved macadam roads.  I've seen what you run on and you May be quite a lot than me given the same kind of road.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

13 hours ago, TGP said:

sprinting up a hill AND then walking back [...]  is Called HILL SPRINTS

Yeah, I did it (8x125m with 10% elevation) for some time, but found it boring. Now I do burpees instead. Maybe in some time (when I get bored with burpees) I will get back to sprints, or mix the two.

Anyway, 

Oct. 21st

Workout (back):

3x superset:

- pull-ups followed immediately by assisted pull-ups (4+5),

- 10x trap raises,

- rest 2 min

Stretching

Trap, tricep and shoulder stretches, Sun Salutations.

Food: 2741kcal, 161g protein.

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 22nd

Workout (burpees):

15min, 90 reps. 

Sounds nice, but in the end it felt like cheating. After like 20some reps my phone rang and I just HAD TO answer. I stopped the timer, got through the conversation and went back to burpees counting reps from 20. Only after I was done, I checked the phone - the conversation was almost 4 minutes! This means I got additional 4min rest in my workout. I was sure it was shorter. On the other hand, I did 70reps non stop after the call. I think even without this unintentional rest I would do over 80 reps. Anyway, I will have nice even number to beat at Thursday :) 

Food: 2506kcal, 152.5g protein.

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 23rd

Workout (full body):

3x superset:

- max pull-ups followed by max assisted pull-ups (4+5),

- 8x KB halos each side (16kg/35lb)

- 8x KB clean and press each side (16kg/35lb),

- 20x KB swing

- 10x glute bridge, 

- 2 min rest.

Didn't have time/forgot to do planks again... sigh.

Stretching - arms, shoulders, upper body, followed by Sun Salutations.

Workout in a hurry - I came home, did it right away, ate quick dinner and left with wife and her sister to an "office party" my wife's department was throwing.

Food: 2571kcal, 166.5g protein. Managed not to overeat at the party YAY! :triumphant:

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 24th

Workout (burpees):

15min, 80 reps.

I said previous burpees felt like cheating because 4min rest in the middle. Now I feel it even more.

I probably could push 5 or so more in time limit, but today was quite a hard say and on top of that I slept only 5 hours (we came quite late from wife's office party). At least this time nobody bothered me mid- workout.

Food: 2666kcal, 156.5g protein.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 25th

Workout (back):

3x superset:

- 10x trap raises,

- rest 2 min

Stretching

Trap, bicep, tricep and shoulder stretches, Sun Salutations.

Food: 2472kcal, 161.5g protein.

•  

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 26th

Running:

This time I didn't sabotage myself with uphill sprinting right before a 5K offroad. And the result is...

(drum roll)

5.25 km, 28 min 34 sec - 5.44 min/km pace :D 

I thought it will end up worse, because today was windy and parts of my run was right against the wind. I never thought this may be a thing, but it was really harder to run there. 

Food: 2640kcal, 166g protein.

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 27th

rest day

Food: 2614kcal, 162g protein.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 28th

Workout (back):

3x superset:

- 10x trap raises,

- rest 2 min

11x per side KB clean and press (alternating arms for each rep)

Stretching

Trap, bicep, tricep and shoulder stretches, Sun Salutations.

Food: 2690kcal, 181.5g protein.

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 29th

Burpees

15 minutes, 85 reps. 

Food: 2601kcal, 166.5g protein.

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

The strange thing about burpees - I think if you were to take breaks, you could actually finish the burpees faster because you take less time per burpee. At least for nubby me =P

I think my burpee timings were better when I took 1 min break per set of 20 rather then 30s but I wasn't tracking very hard anyway. 

• Like 1

For me, I try to do them in sets of 5, then short rest (5-10 inhales) and repeat. I can do 10-15 straight at the beginning, but not much more. I think I lack endurance for high intensity work, so I want to work on this first. Long term - I think on reaching 100 burpees, and then cutting the time. 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 30th

Workout (full body)

Today I had to cut my workout shorter, so only 2 full sets.

2x superset:

- max pull-ups followed by max assisted pull-ups (5+5) ONE MORE!

- 10x KB halos each side (16kg/35lb)

- 10x KB clean and press each side (16kg/35lb),

- 20x KB swing

- 10x glute bridge, 

- 2 min rest.

As a finisher, third set of pull-ups (5 + 4 assisted), 15 push-ups and 20 KB swings. 

Food: 2603kcal, 164.5g protein.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oct. 31st

Burpees

15min, 80reps. 

Today was not my day, fitness wise nor any other way. But at least I resisted the urge to just gorge on any food I see. I hate this compulsive eating episodes...

Food: 2525kcal, 160g protein

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Nov. 1st

Workout (back):

3x superset:

- pull-ups followed immediately by assisted pull-ups (5+5!!!

- 10x trap raises,

- rest 2 min

11x per side KB clean and press (alternating arms for each rep)

Stretching

Sun Salutations.

Food: 2601kcal, 166g protein.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler