• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hotacidbath

Hotacidbath's Challenge Round 2: Electric Boogaloo

Race: As much as I hate to admit it, I have to go with ogre. 5'10" and 235 pounds.

Ideal Profession: Monk with a little assassin thrown in for good measure. I already practice TKD, but upping my speed is one of my biggest goals.

Goals:

1. Fitness: Work out 5-6 times a week, no excuses. If I can't get to the gym, then body weight exercises or running is in order. An extension of this goal is to continue the Couch to 5K program and to be able to jog a 5K by the end of the challenge.

2. Diet: Continue attempting 90-100% paleo. This previous challenge I did well on weekdays, but flubbed on weekends. This time around I would like to continue being paleo on weekends. I still saw weight loss, even with the bad weekends, but it wasn't nearly as much as that first week where I went 100% paleo. Included in this is a 100% cutout of all pops.

3. Weight loss: I've been pretty consistently losing around 10 pounds a month since I started in September (260 starting weight and 235 current weight) so I'll stick with a 10-15 pound weight loss goal. I know that this challenge will only go through mid-December, but I would like to be between 215-220 by Christmas.

4. Life Goal: Read 2 books this month and practice mandolin 3 times a week. I spend way too much of my time just messing about on the internet so I would like to transfer that free time into reading and music. First book up is Bonk by Mary Roach followed by The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan. I also have a huge pile of books that I need to read, but I'm always open to book suggestions if anyone has any.

Stalking: http://www.facebook.com/jeannobeano I'll need to add you though for stalking so just send a friend request. It would also be nice if that friend request came along with a message letting me know what your screen name here is.

Day 1:

Breakfast: Egg quiche, turkey sausage, cup of coffee

Lunch: Beef jerky and coffee

Snack: Sunflower seeds

Dinner: Turkey brats with mushrooms and a glass of almond milk

Fitness: Off to a rocky start. During class today I started getting a migraine which kept me from working out. This is also the reason that I only had beef jerky and coffee for lunch. For some reason they make me feel better. I'm going to replace today by running on Wednesday, which is my usual break day.

Life: Had the migraine as mentioned above which kept me from really accomplishing anything. I did read a little bit though.

Guitar is a great instrument as well. I've been ignoring my guitar as of late, but it's hard for me to switch between them because my hands feel ridiculously tiny when I pick up a guitar after playing mandolin for awhile. I think my hands are just too small for guitar and work better with a mandolin.

hey, great job with the weight loss so far, and good luck this month! :)

for books - my personal favorites are vonnegut, bradbury and kerouac. i'd recommend anything by them :)

I do loves me some Vonnegut. I'm actually planning to get "Goodbye Blue Monday" tattooed eventually. I also have "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater" sitting unread and lonely on my book shelf so I'll try and get to that one this month as well.

Day 2

Breakfast: Quiche, 2 turkey sausages, cup of coffee

Lunch: Turkey brat with ketchup\

Dinner: Steak salad with spinach, tomato, and mushrooms and mashed sweet potato for dessert

Fitness: 1 hour of TKD followed by weight training. Squats up to 145, bench press up to 85, assisted chin ups, incline sit ups.

Life: Read a little more and got a bunch of work done on a research project for school.

Day 3

Breakfast: Quiche, sausage, coffee

Lunch: Tuna with spinach and tomato

Dinner: 2 pieces of pizza

Fitness: Day off

Life: Lots of studying

Day 4

Breakfast: Same as above

Lunch: 2 eggs

Dinner: Steak and mushrooms with a spinach salad and an apple for dessert

Fitness: An hour of TKD followed by about 45 minutes of weight training. Bench presses up to 90 pounds, squats up to 145, assisted pull-ups, incline sit-ups. I might also get another 45 minutes of TKD in tonight, but it doesn't start until 8:45 so it really depends on how I'm feeling.

Life: Had an exam and ran some errands. I then spent the rest of the day doing a whole lot of nothing.

I do loves me some Vonnegut. I'm actually planning to get "Goodbye Blue Monday" tattooed eventually. I also have "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater" sitting unread and lonely on my book shelf so I'll try and get to that one this month as well.

ooo ive thought about goodbye blue monday as a tattoo - i currently have "so it goes" on my wrist. need more though! :)

ooo ive thought about goodbye blue monday as a tattoo - i currently have "so it goes" on my wrist. need more though! :)

Haha, I've also thought about getting "so it goes" on my wrist but I'm waiting until I get another tattoo first. A wrist tattoo just seems a bit too painful for a first tattoo.

hey, great job with the weight loss so far, and good luck this month! :)

for books - my personal favorites are vonnegut, bradbury and kerouac. i'd recommend anything by them :)

Mmmm, Fahrenheit 451 may be my favorite sci-fi of all time and I am working through Big Sur right now. I am a total Kerouac junkie. Dharma Bums is must-read for anyone, hell my bicycle is nick-named Japhy. [nerd shame]

Vonnegut, I haven't read much of. I've got one of his books but it's always gotten left behind by others. Once Big Sur is done I will have to pick it up and go.

Hey hotacidbath, I'm still waiting to see a breakfast of yours that isn't quiche. Are you changing up the recipe with different fillers or is it all the same basic one?

Hey hotacidbath, I'm still waiting to see a breakfast of yours that isn't quiche. Are you changing up the recipe with different fillers or is it all the same basic one?

I change the fillers with different veggies and occasionally bacon. I make 6 on Sundays so that I have an easy breakfast during that week that I can just microwave. The ratio comes out to about 1 egg per quiche and then each quiche is 25-40% veggies depending on how badly I misjudge the amounts of veggies to chop up. On weekends I'll cook up eggs or something else when I have more time to make a fresh breakfast. I haven't gotten sick of them yet, so I just figure why fix what isn't broken. I also used to just have an apple, but I would be hungry within an hour and with these I stay full until lunch. Though I did just look up a recipe for almond meal pancakes that I might try if I can find almond meal.

What sort of training stuff are you doing for the TKD speed?

I haven't done anything specific with that in mind yet. Just sparring more and working on losing weight and strengthening my legs.

Day 5

Breakfast: Coffee and an apple cause I overslept

Lunch: Tuna, spinach and tomato

Dinner: Venison taco with tomato

Fitness: Two hours of TKD club which included about an hour of sparring.

Life: Practiced mandolin and learned

never heard that song before... I really like it!

You should look up some other stuff by Mumford and Sons, they're quite good.

Day 6

Breakfast: 2 eggs, turkey sausage, coffee

Lunch: Turkey burger with tomato and ketchup

Snack: Sweet potato with walnut oil

Dinner: Grilled chicken with broccoli and an apple for dessert

Fitness: Rode my bike for an hour and a half and went somewhere between 11 and 12 miles. It wasn't the 15 that I was shooting for, but I wanted to turn around and start heading back before I got too far from home and too hopelessly lost.

Life: Practiced mandolin and lazed about for most of the day.

Haha, I've also thought about getting "so it goes" on my wrist but I'm waiting until I get another tattoo first. A wrist tattoo just seems a bit too painful for a first tattoo.

haha it wasnt that bad! then again, i have a high threshold for pain. my first tattoo was on my foot :)

haha it wasnt that bad! then again, i have a high threshold for pain. my first tattoo was on my foot :)

I don't have a wrist tattoo yet (planning on getting green hot rod flames with the Green Lantern symbol in the center on my whole forearm), however, my artist makes fun of me as I have fallen asleep a few times while getting work done (the buzzing of the tattoo machine really relaxes me for some reason). I don't think that it hurts nearly as much as some people say it does. The pain is temporary, and you can easily will yourself through it.

I wouldn't say it's as bad as people think once you get used to the strange sensation itself, but fell ASLEEP?! You're a madman. I got a fairly sizable phoenix between my shoulderblades. Going over the spine rattled my entire body. Was really funny.

I love how my thread has become the tattoo/book thread. I feel like I'm doing something right.

Day 7

B: Apple and coffee

L: Turkey burger and tomato

D: Grilled chicken

Fitness: Play basketball for an hour

Life: Practiced mandolin and worked on a group project

Day 8

Lost 3 pounds this week. Down to 232 as of this morning.

B: Quiche, sausage, coffee

L: 2 eggs and come sliced turkey

D: Grilled chicken and carrots

Fitness: 30 minutes of elliptical

Life: Did some reading

Well done, Acid! Well done indeed! 3 lbs is an excellent amount of loss in one week, that's for damn sure. It looks like you're doing really well in the nutrition department, too. And you're definitely beating me out in the Life department.

Maybe we could entice you to pop up an mp3 of your mandolin playing so we may gander? :mrgreen:

Well, I went home for Thanksgiving and didn't have access to a computer so yay lack of updates. Also didn't eat as well as I could have, but I did get a couple of workouts in so there's that.

Day 15

Breakfast: Apple and coffee

Lunch: Spinach salad with tomato and cucumber

Dinner: Steak with mushrooms and a little feta cheese and a glass of almond milk

Fitness: Jogged/walked for 20 minutes and then worked on the rowing machine for 10 minutes

Life: Group project work and read for 20 minutes. Gonna try and read more later tonight.

Day 16

Breakfast: Coffee and an apple

Lunch: Spinach salad with steak and tomato

Dinner: Chicken and mushrooms with feta

Fitness: An hour of TKD and some body weight exercises

Life: Worked all afternoon on a research project

Day 17

Breakfast: Same

Lunch: 2 eggs and turkey

Dinner: Turkey unwich from Jimmy John's

Fitness: Off day

Life: Made almond flour pancakes for breakfast for the next couple of days and continued on my research project

Sign in to follow this