RuthixCube Trains for a 5k... (Part 1)

RuthixCube

Aaaand I’m back! A week later than I'd planned, but I needed some down time after my move. That’s okay though, I won’t need the next zero week as this is going to be more of an 8wk challenge than a 4wk challenge. I only have 2 goals, plus a side goal, to keep distractions to a minimum.

In August, my sister and I are doing Warrior Dash. I’m not sure how she managed to convince me to do this, but she did. She’s probably the only person who could honestly lol. Anyway, since that’s coming up quickly, I need to start my training. Now that all my moving and such is pretty much over and I’ve given myself a week to relax (haha I wish, there has been no relaxing), I can actually start doing just that. Warrior Dash has its own 4wk training program, so I’ll be following that plan twice over. The first 4 wks (Part 1) is going to be "easing" my way into training, but that doesn't mean I'll be taking it easy. While I did my 30 days of fitness last challenge, it wasn’t necessarily 30 days of legitimate workout sessions - I’m still pretty out of shape. The second set of 4wks (Part 2) is where I’ll take it up a notch and really push myself. I want to compare my first set with my second set to see how things changed (hopefully for the better). I’ll have another 2.5wks after the second round before the race, so maybe I’ll start it again a 3rd time to keep myself going until race day. I don’t know yet, but I also don’t want to wear myself out.

Goals:

Intermittent Fasting

Same as last time - Mon-Fri; eating only between the hours of 12p and 10p. Prior to noon only coffee, tea, and water are allowed. Weekends are not strict, other than to continue being conscious of what’s on my plate.

OCR Training

Follow the training program for Warrior dash according to the schedule: 

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Cardio & Strength

Wednesday - Core & Flexibility

Thursday - Cardio & Strength

Friday - Cardio

Saturday - Strength

Sunday - Active Rest

Side Goal: Unpacking

I have a fair bit left to do after the move. The big important stuff is mostly done, or at least to the point where I can live there without issue. What's left is mostly aesthetics, decorating, and moving things to their proper places. I still have some boxes to unpack and some reorganizing to do. I don't want to overwhelm myself with too much, but 3x/wk I want to pick one thing to do and spend the evening working on it. I don't even have to finish it the same day, just so long as I have it started and a plan to finish it. 

• Like 3

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

Yeah for getting moved!!!  Glad you jumped back in to the challenges!  

I did a warrior dash several years ago.  I ran with a friend who is a runner.  It was interesting how the running was easier for her but I smashed the obstacles.  Strength versus stamina? Naaah, it takes both for the ORCs!  That training plan looks well balanced.  

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Take Care!

3 hours ago, RuthixCube said:

In August, my sister and I are doing Warrior Dash.

WOOT WOOT! You'll have fun. I remember when @Tanktimus the Encouragerand I ran one a couple years back. It was his first OCR and we both had a lot of fun :D. The picture we took was pretty epic during our race. 

I'm glad to see ya back, Ruthie. Definitely gonna give ya a follow and support your come back tour ;) 

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

1 hour ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

WOOT WOOT! You'll have fun. I remember when @Tanktimus the Encouragerand I ran one a couple years back. It was his first OCR and we both had a lot of fun :D. The picture we took was pretty epic during our race. 

I'm glad to see ya back, Ruthie. Definitely gonna give ya a follow and support your come back tour ;) 

Wolf

Image may contain: Ryan Wolf Bell and David Tank Tankersley, people smiling, people standing, cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath