Valkyrie's Crusade

Even for normal people I think one leg is weaker then the other, at least I notice I can go down further on one leg for pistol attempts then the other. Sorry to hear that your gym will be moving, its sometimes hard to get exercise venues. I've been doing the I-dont-give-a-fk and using the playground monkey bars and doing push ups in the playground.

• Like 1

4A workout this morning, increased weight and reps.

The gym was downright crowded (by my standards), very different atmosphere. I love that it is so community friendly, several mums with children doing their workouts, others were my age and inbetween. I had no idea it got so busy in the mornings too, usually I go later in the day but rain was incoming and I wanted to get there and back without getting wet. Everyone very friendly and respectful, nice!

Another couple of weeks or so and I will be able to ride my bike in the bush again for longer distances, yay!

Food:

remaining sugar free and not feeling tempted, made a mistake of buying stuff that was easy to overindulge (and I did), won't do that again, self control remains a challenge.

It is warming up and salads are back on the menu. 

Got through winter much better physically and mentally than the previous years and I am putting it down to supplementation. I learnt also that the extremely low cholesterol levels are in fact a cause for concern and work to remedy that (malabsorption from Coeliac damaged intestines means I can't digest fat and absorb nutrients very well).

• Like 2

4B done, increased weights and reps with this also.

Gym was busy for a Sunday morning, this will take some getting used to, I preferred to have it to myself, lol. 

Loving that I am back in the groove and my body is positively craving the exercise.

Re-started the Bullet Journal and pencilled in a few things for the coming week, it is so satisfying to tick them off.

People around me are dropping dead like flies, there seems to be a rush to exit. 

• Like 1

No! Gyms are for sharing! Well, here's pretty crowded and I get issues getting the squat rack... But that could be why your previous gym closed down - not enough membership. 

Yeah it's depressing to see friends/family go off but it's one of the things that happen as you grow older. Try to find ways of keeping your spirits up, okay? 

• Like 1
On 9/1/2019 at 2:04 PM, Mortimer said:

No! Gyms are for sharing! Well, here's pretty crowded and I get issues getting the squat rack... But that could be why your previous gym closed down - not enough membership. 

Yeah it's depressing to see friends/family go off but it's one of the things that happen as you grow older. Try to find ways of keeping your spirits up, okay? 

my gym has not closed down, nor am I in a new one, the membership seems to have increased a lot recently and the gym is moving to a new location soon, sorry about the confusion

4A done, more reps, good to see progress.

I felt so shaky and spaced out this morning that I really needed a long, hard workout to get the feeling I am in my body, it feels like I am shrugging back into my suit so to speak.

Some nice definition on the arms starting to show up, that was a surprise.

Food - feeling uninspired, continue with IF

Mental Health - feeling very raw and vulnerable, need to take extra care to protect myself. Got news of another friend's death :ambivalence:, they say it comes in three, well, we are up to number four now.

Exercising my brain with learning the Fibonacci sequence on my bike ride home from the gym, should log my progress there as well I guess:chuncky: 

no gym yesterday or today due to sick days but managed to keep up with the planking app workouts at home, on day four now - 3 mins of varying planks.

Moved some furniture, that too was a workout in itself, fresh perspective and different seating direction mean that now also different muscles are being used to get on and off the lounge, hah! 

Hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow, fingers crossed.

The myotherapist is now working on the rotor cuff as I have not yet regained full function yet, the shoulder has unfrozen and is pain-free (TF! don't wish it on my worst enemy) but rotation is limited and I cannot do some exercises with any hint of good form yet. 

Had a few days where I felt really 'off', made it back to the gym yesterday but really struggled to get through a workout, knee joints were hurting and I still felt really weak, had to use lower weights and less reps.

But - I went and didn't let the lapse go on for too long. Found the energy to do 17mins on the rowing machine at home later last night, all good.

Still alive.

Lacking accountability because my workout partner dropped the bundle and does not hold me to ransom anymore, which is why I came here but just logging my workouts isn't doing the trick either. There are no immidiate consequences other than feeling sh*t about it.

This really sucks.

Anyway, I went maybe three times in the last four weeks, it got to the point of wanting to cancel my membership . So utterly bored with the workouts. But I started doing daily Yoga practise again at home, so there is some form of movement.

Today was leg day and I added 30 mins of brisk walking on the treadmill. Of course I felt great afterwards - here is hoping that I will find my way back into a regular routine of endorphin releasing exercise.