So I am back on the band wagon. I bought a gym program from Industrial Fitness, which I love for its ease (it has an app), variety (different workout every day), and still being progressive and measured. Its also being done by active military operatives, and gives back to that community, which I really like.

So I have done a full week so far, and other than very sore legs, I am going ok. Running still sucks, but I will keep trying to get the foot/calf working ok.

So I am also going to try to keep a log on here, just to keep myself amused and accountable, and maybe some others will have a look too. The lack of fitness and motivation has taken a bit of a toll on my mental wellbeing, so I want to nip that in the bud before it gets too far onto me. I am also doing yoga twice a week, and meditating daily, as well as some st johns wart and fish oil to try and help a little.

Todays workout was simple, 15 mins jog and 15 mins bike ride. Just keeping the legs moving I guess. I find the jogging hard and had to have a couple of breaks to stretch my right calf, but hey I did it, so I am happy.

• Like 2

Me

Race Orc (if I am to be honest, that or giant blob), Level 2, Attributes str 5, dex 1, stam 1, con 2, wis 3, cha 3

Soo apparently at the moment I am better at actually working out than I am at keeping this updated. 

I have been really good at following my programing, which so far isn't too full on, but has still brought its challenges considering I had not been doing too much recently. I have worked out every day for the last two weeks so far, which is great for me. I have also meditated every day, and done yoga 3 times a week. 

So far, I am happy, the programming is challenging and beyond what I would do myself, but not so tough that I am worried about getting injured or discouraged. I am progressing and happy!

Today was a 20 min walk, then a 20 min bike (both easy), then 5 by 5 deadlift (85kg), lat pull down 12 by 5 47kg, seated row 12 by 5 36kg, bent over rear fly 12 by 5 5 kg, upright barbell row 12 by 5 20kg, hip thrusters 12 by 4, med ball twisters 10 by 4

Have a great weekend all

• Like 2

Me

Race Orc (if I am to be honest, that or giant blob), Level 2, Attributes str 5, dex 1, stam 1, con 2, wis 3, cha 3

This month has been interesting. I have mostly been on track with my exercise, and I have been to the gym most days. I am super proud of that, as I have often just fallen off after a few days/weeks. 

I am extra proud because it has come at a time when my mum is in hospital, which has made it even harder to stick with it all. And I have lost little to no weight, which I have (in the past) found evry demoralising).

So my main lifts went up a little (dead, squat, bench and press), and I THINK I feel fitter.

I do need to look at getting my feet feeling better!

Me

Yesterday was a cool day (I guess). I did a 1km run on the elliptical, followed by 2 500m, then 3 250m. Those last attempts were getting harder and harder.

Then it was a 1rm attempt at deadlift and seated press. 150 and 80Kg respectively is fine by me. I don't think either is an all time pb, but the best I have done in some time, so yay me.

• Like 1

Me

Yesterday was basically a gym free day, as I did a stupid long work day. But I still managed an hours walk, and an hour or so of roller blading with the cubs.

That was kind of a big deal for me, as in the past I would certainly have not done that. What if I am too fat? What if I fall? What if I look stupid?

Last night I just decided it was exercise, and a new skill and looked fun. So I did it. Amd it was both. Yay me

Me

On 7/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, Scott Walters said:

Yesterday was basically a gym free day, as I did a stupid long work day. But I still managed an hours walk, and an hour or so of roller blading with the cubs.

That was kind of a big deal for me, as in the past I would certainly have not done that. What if I am too fat? What if I fall? What if I look stupid?

Last night I just decided it was exercise, and a new skill and looked fun. So I did it. Amd it was both. Yay me

:applause: such an uplifting post, yay you! 

Thank you so much.

Yesterday was just a walking, stretching, meditation day. but that's still more than I have done in the past on busy days. I would have done nothing.

To be honest, I have felt a little overwhelmed this week. Especially yesterday, but the meditation and exercise seems to have helped me deal with it all better, and bounce back better today. Not perfect, but certainly better.Today is my day "off" and I've done 7 hours of catch up so far! But that started at 4 am, so I will be able to get to the gym later today, and surprisingly I am really looking forward to it. 

Me

Back again! Not to training, but to the forum!

I have been tracking pretty well. I have been in the gym most days, and walking the dog a lot. I am certainly getting fitter, but next month I think I will be focusing more on my diet!!

As the industrial fitness program has gone from beginner to strength and conditioning, it has gotten a fair bit tougher. I am enjoying the program so far, and it seems to be challenging but I am staying injury free, which is awesome.

I have meditated each day too, sometimes for a fair while, sometimes not, but at least I am making that habit a daily one. It isn't always making me feel tip toppity too, but it seems to be making  a pretty big difference overall. 

• Like 1

Me

So the last week on the new program has been TOUGH. I am SORE. I survived legs day ok, but the bench press/flys/push up day was a killer for me. So I didn't go to the gym yesterday, and I might not today. I did however keep walking (an hour or so), in the hills and will again today. I also did 30 mins of yoga yesterday, and will again today (just to get everything a bit looser and happier).

I am proud of myself so far!

• Like 1

Me

So, I managed to tear my back a little again. Maybe not as bad as some other times I have done it, but damn it was frustrating. 

So it has made me think, am I better off backing off my prioritisation of strength, and focussing more on mobility and endurance. I really want to feel great, and I am sure that I can loose weight that way anyway. With some thoughts of some open water swims, and maybe some trecking, why not? I am sick to death of being injured. 

So I am thinking 2 to 3 days a week of a general, all over weights routine, followed by lots of walking, swimming and yoga, maybe just the ticket. Time will tell I guess.

I am most thankful that I have not given in, but just kept moving! Go me

Me

So I am here on holiday, alone, attempting to get my mojo back. It has been a long time since I felt amazing, so it will be interesting to see how it all goes.

Exercise wise, I bought a new heart rate monitor, a garmin Fenix 5 plus. I have been looking for some time at something that can measure heart rate without a strap, sleep, vo2 max and help keep me thinking about my activities. It came up at over 50% off, so buggar it, I bought one. 

So far it has had another surprising effect. I was phone addicted, pulling it out constantly to check notifications etc. With the notices coming up on the watch, I have nbeen watching the phone much much less which is great. I have done yoga and meditated daily, and swam in the ocean today (home is much too cold to swim, and 5 hours from a beach.I have also been doing a lot more walking, which is super cool.

I don't know if I have lost any weight, but I am happier than I have been in some time, which is kind of the point at the moment.

• Like 1

Me