Hopefully this is what I think it is

Hi. I'll avoid the life story for now.  Some bullet points:

- Male, 35, 6'1, 215 lbs

- Husband, father, DevOps engineer, metalhead, beer/bourbon/BBQ enthusiast

- Prior fitness: CrossFit, half marathon, many bouts of weight training

I'm very externally motivated. I did best in the CrossFit group exercise setting, but it was too expensive and I injured myself.

At one time I regularly posted on the now-defunct WannaBeBig forums. I liked posting on other people's training logs and having others post in mine.

I lift at home now. Power rack, multiple bars, bumper plates, etc. By myself in the early hours. I miss having a group of people to talk to about this stuff.

Heading into Fall 2018 I was working out 4x a week consistently using the GZCL method and seeing some of the best results of my life. And then I took a months long break while dealing with some life stressors and lost much of my gainzzz.  As of this week I'm back at it and my body is so, so sore.

This place seems to have the basic vibe I'd like but I'm unsure of the activity level. But I've gone through the pain of making an account so I'll give it a shot.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Thordendal said:

Hi. I'll avoid the life story for now.  Some bullet points:

- Male, 35, 6'1, 215 lbs

- Husband, father, DevOps engineer, metalhead, beer/bourbon/BBQ enthusiast

- Prior fitness: CrossFit, half marathon, many bouts of weight training

I'm very externally motivated. I did best in the CrossFit group exercise setting, but it was too expensive and I injured myself.

At one time I regularly posted on the now-defunct WannaBeBig forums. I liked posting on other people's training logs and having others post in mine.

I lift at home now. Power rack, multiple bars, bumper plates, etc. By myself in the early hours. I miss having a group of people to talk to about this stuff.

Heading into Fall 2018 I was working out 4x a week consistently using the GZCL method and seeing some of the best results of my life. And then I took a months long break while dealing with some life stressors and lost much of my gainzzz.  As of this week I'm back at it and my body is so, so sore.

This place seems to have the basic vibe I'd like but I'm unsure of the activity level. But I've gone through the pain of making an account so I'll give it a shot.

Welcome! Picking a guild and joining a challenge is where the most participation is

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hey!

Except fitness history and beer, we could be different time-lines of same person :)

As a neophyte here (registered in April) I can tell you the most active part is challenges' subforum. Daily Battle Logs are quite active as well, and if I understand correctly, those should be most similar to your previous forum experience (logging your progress, commenting on others' threads etc). 

Cheers :)

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build