• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

PinkNinja

PinkNinja's Routine +1

Recommended Posts

The routine last challenge went well. 

I'm going to build on that. 

 

I was on vacation last week. It was awesome. I broke my arm Thursday and got a cast Friday. My grandpa has been in the hospital and isn't doing well. My boss retired Friday. 

So I'm not going to ask much of myself this challenge round. I'm going to wake up on time, drink a glass of water when I wake up, and spend the first 5 minutes at work getting organized for the day so I can be more productive and go home on time without feeling guilty. 

I was going to make my bed but I prefer to wait until I have two hands again. Same with doing a sun salutation each morning. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch! My sympathy on breaking your arm. You had plenty to worry about before that happened.

 

I think you are smart in choosing simple goals for this challenge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I saw about the broken arm. Sorry for that. And also sorry to hear about your grandpa; I hope that gets better. :(

 

Is there anything we can do from here to help?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 1:10 PM, Kishi said:

Yeah, I saw about the broken arm. Sorry for that. And also sorry to hear about your grandpa; I hope that gets better. :(

 

Is there anything we can do from here to help?

 

No, thank you though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this:

On 6/15/2019 at 10:12 PM, PinkNinja said:

spend the first 5 minutes at work getting organized for the day so I can be more productive and go home on time without feeling guilty

It's helping. The arm is also helping me go home early though.

 

My grandpa is supposed to be out Friday-ish, if nothing changes. But he's going to have to live with my parents. He's no longer able to stay on his own & his doctor said that we are nearing the end. G-pa says that's, 95 is enough.

After work today (I'm probably leaving early) I'm going to stay with Mom & Dad for the night. I'm off the next two days.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad that it's got to this point, but I'm happy for the time you got to spend with him and that you can make more. /hugs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad that you are in easy range of visiting your parents. It's great that they can take care of your grandpa. It's also quite likely to cause some stress. Good for you for helping out where you can. I hope you get to spend a lot of quality time with your family.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. 

So found out yesterday mom may have cancer. We'll know for sure Thursday. She's having surgery Thursday to have the tumor removed regardless of whether it's cancerous or not, so it's good that we know that. 

Papaw came home today. 

I was pretty badly sick yesterday. 

But I meal prepped yesterday, for myself and mom. Being mostly one handed and needing frequent breaks, it took most of the day. We're having Hawaiian chicken, pesto chicken & zucchini, broccoli & shrimp stirfry, and chicken with green bean& pineapple stirfry. 

It's adventurous eating for Mom. 

My arm still hurts but not near as badly as before. I can sleep without help from modern chemistry. 

Today was my Monday. I woke up on time, I finished a bottle of water before 8:30, and while my first 10 minutes at work was spent catching up with the happenings while I was off, the first five in my office was organizing for the day/week. I went home a couple hours early. Today was a challenge success. :) 

I didn't eat any of my meal prep because my stomach still felt queasy from yesterday. I had chicken noodle soup for dinner. I've had lots of water today because when I weighed this morning I was down 8 lbs from Wednesday. Figured that explained the headache. Lol

 

I want to add about five minutes of one workout move each morning and rotate the move. I've obviously got to stick with arm free moves for a while. I looked for yoga sequences and stuff but haven't found any yet. Looks like I'll be starting with squats. Lol

Suggestions welcome. I can't bend my left arm and too much jostling still hurts. I'm thinking of airing up my exercise ball to add sit ups on the ball. But I have to find it. Can't do regular ones because my tailbone is still a putz. 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that!  You must be really stressed.  I hope you all get the best news on Thursday and your mom recovers quickly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It never rains but it pours, huh? I hope stuff in your life settles down soon. Till then, do your best with all this stuff and relax when you can. It's rarely the worst case, just keep moving.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos to you for doing meal prep for your parents with a broken arm and sick. I hope things work out okay for your mom.

 

Exercises for legs and core:

  • Lie on your back. Put padding under your tailbone area if needed. Start with your knees directly over your hips and shins in the air parallel to the floor (like sitting in a chair but tipped onto your back). Try to tuck your pelvis so that your lower back is flat on the floor. From this position, slowly extend one leg. Straighten the knee and lower the leg until you feel your back starting to come up off the floor, then pull the knee back to the starting position. Do the same with the other foot. It helps to use the breath for timing. Exhale to extend, inhale to draw in. At first it seems really easy. After a minute or two you will start to feel it in your lower abs and hips. The upper body should stay completely relaxed.
  •  
  • Side-steps with an exercise band around your ankles. Keep your knees slightly bent and over the feet, toes facing forward (no turn-out). Do a couple laps across a room and back. Your hips should start to burn.
  •  
  • Reverse lunges and floating lunges. I find these easier on my knees than forward lunges. Step back into a lunge. For floating lunges, extend the back foot into a lunge but don't put weight on it. Bring the knee all the way up to your chest as you stand up. That covers the full range of motion for the active hip. It helps to hold onto a support for balance. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Lie on your back. Put padding under your tailbone area if needed. Start with your knees directly over your hips and shins in the air parallel to the floor (like sitting in a chair but tipped onto your back). Try to tuck your pelvis so that your lower back is flat on the floor. From this position, slowly extend one leg. Straighten the knee and lower the leg until you feel your back starting to come up off the floor, then pull the knee back to the starting position. Do the same with the other foot. It helps to use the breath for timing. Exhale to extend, inhale to draw in. At first it seems really easy. After a minute or two you will start to feel it in your lower abs and hips. The upper body should stay completely relaxed.

I *think* I get it. Is it kind of like when you do this but you only extend one leg at a time?

leg-lifts.png

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Side-steps with an exercise band around your ankles. Keep your knees slightly bent and over the feet, toes facing forward (no turn-out). Do a couple laps across a room and back. Your hips should start to burn.

I forgot about the exercise bands! My sister got me a set a couple years ago (she called them Booty Bands). I even think I know where they are! I can do squats, hamstring curls, and all kinds of stuff. Thank you!!

 

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Reverse lunges and floating lunges. I find these easier on my knees than forward lunges. Step back into a lunge. For floating lunges, extend the back foot into a lunge but don't put weight on it. Bring the knee all the way up to your chest as you stand up. That covers the full range of motion for the active hip. It helps to hold onto a support for balance.

I prefer reverse lunges. And I really need to work on lunges. I like the sound of the floating lunge; I like working on balance.

 

Thanks a ton!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PinkNinja said:

I *think* I get it. Is it kind of like when you do this but you only extend one leg at a time?

leg-lifts.png

 

 

Yes, that is the bottom position, but only one leg at a time. The "resting" leg is bent at a 90 degree angle with the knee right above the hip and the lower leg parallel to the floor. The move starts by straightening the active leg then lowering it. One leg at a time is easier than both legs at once. If you can hold the position shown in the picture with your back flat on the floor, you have amazing abs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now