• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gotcha beat! We bought our house in the fever of pre-wedding week nesting hormones, found out we got it on our honeymoon, and signed the day after we got back.

So happy for you two, and excited that you’ll actually have time to set up the little one’s room before she arrives!

Also: 2 years?! How has it been 2 years already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

19 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Moving - woohoo! The packing part sucks, but setting up a new place is so fun!

I'm not crazy about the setting up, but unpacking boxes does feel like opening presents, especially when that ONE THING you have been looking for and are convinced is lost turns up in a box you would not expect it to be in.

8 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

emoji38.png gotcha beat! We bought our house in the fever of pre-wedding week nesting hormones, found out we got it on our honeymoon, and signed the day after we got back.

So happy for you two, and excited that you’ll actually have time to set up the little one’s room before she arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe it's been two years either. That's too long without a DF visit.

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

Hooray for all the exciting stuff!

Yeah!

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Hiya Tank! Moving buddies are we!

Yes, many people from the forums are moving in and around this challenge.

Yesterday was a day. Work was ok despite being sleepy from poor sleep quality. Then when I went out to my truck I found I was a victim of MVB (Motor Vehicle Burglary). The damage to my truck was minimal; they used a screwdriver to pop the lock on the passenger side. It can still lock, but can no only be unlocked from the inside. All they took was the deal to hold my phone when I use GPS and a cheap pair of old-person-over-the-top-of-regular-glasses-sunglasses that they probably thought were waaay more expensive than they actually are. I was able to replace that stuff for about 40 bucks. The repairs to the door will be a little more. I told Security at the hospital, but did not call the police for a report. The damage is below the deductible on my insurance what was actually stolen was practically worthless, and there is no way to catch the people who did it. I was perturbed at the inconvenience of it. Poor sleep quality again last night, got up in the middle of it and it took me a while to fall back to sleep.

• Like 11
  • Sad 5

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yesterday was a day. Work was ok despite being sleepy from poor sleep quality. Then when I went out to my truck I found I was a victim of MVB (Motor Vehicle Burglary). The damage to my truck was minimal; they used a screwdriver to pop the lock on the passenger side. It can still lock, but can no only be unlocked from the inside. All they took was the deal to hold my phone when I use GPS and a cheap pair of old-person-over-the-top-of-regular-glasses-sunglasses that they probably thought were waaay more expensive than they actually are. I was able to replace that stuff for about 40 bucks. The repairs to the door will be a little more. I told Security at the hospital, but did not call the police for a report. The damage is below the deductible on my insurance what was actually stolen was practically worthless, and there is no way to catch the people who did it. I was perturbed at the inconvenience of it. Poor sleep quality again last night, got up in the middle of it and it took me a while to fall back to sleep.

Oh, that sucks!!!! I'm sorry to hear, Tank! Stoopid burglars. 

Here's a cat gif to cheer you up. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Then when I went out to my truck I found I was a victim of MVB

That sucks.  At least you didn't lose anything valuable/irreplaceable, but still extremely frustrating, especially when there is no (apparent) justice.

• Like 4

On 6/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

July 8th, moving day, will also be our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. Tell the truth, how many of you got a house for an Anniversary present?

That's a nice present! I hope you have an excellent relocativersay! 

• Like 1

Urgh. Sorry about your truck. Times like this it's not really about what was or wasn't taken, it's more the LOW DOWN DIRTY PUNKS being all up in yo stuff. 

• Like 3

Following...

Having other people do the heavy lifting is really nice - that leaves time to do box arrangement in the new place:

NeedyHarmfulJapanesebeetle-max-1mb.gif

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I Then when I went out to my truck I found I was a victim of MVB (Motor Vehicle Burglary). The damage to my truck was minimal; they used a screwdriver to pop the lock on the passenger side. It can still lock, but can no only be unlocked from the inside.

Boo!  That's unprintably lame.  The damage to the lock would drive me nuts, personally.  I hope nothing else happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Oh, that sucks!!!! I'm sorry to hear, Tank! Stoopid burglars. 

Here's a cat gif to cheer you up. 

giphy.gif

Thank you!

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That sucks.  At least you didn't lose anything valuable/irreplaceable, but still extremely frustrating, especially when there is no (apparent) justice.

I couldn't care less about the justice. It could be a lot worse. The lock still locks, I just can't unlock it from the outside anymore. The people who did it have sad enough lives that I wouldn't get any joy of knowing they went to jail (and if they did, it wouldn't be a long time). I would want them caught so they don't do the same to anyone else.

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

That's a nice present! I hope you have an excellent relocativersay! 

It is a nice present!

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Urgh. Sorry about your truck. Times like this it's not really about what was or wasn't taken, it's more the LOW DOWN DIRTY PUNKS being all up in yo stuff. 

Yeah, it was an odd feeling. Because of ridealongs and being around the police, I know pretty well how these thieves operate. They pull up next to the vehicle, passenger door to passenger door. They then open their door, shielding them from view. They take a screwdriver and put it on the keyhole of the victim vehicle, then hit it with a hammer. This pops open the lock. They then open the victim vehicle's door  and take what they can quickly. The reason they typically get away with it is because they are in and out very quickly, which is why they didn't get into my glove box or center console. All I can think is that they mistook the sunglasses for something more valuable and took the magnet stand because it was there. If they go quickly, it's low risk because they are gone before anyone knows what happens. Because of the low percieved risk, it's worth it to try as many vehicles as they can because even if they don't get much they are very unlikely to be caught.

2 minutes ago, Moros said:

Following...

Having other people do the heavy lifting is really nice - that leaves time to do box arrangement in the new place:

NeedyHarmfulJapanesebeetle-max-1mb.gif

Boo!  That's unprintably lame.  The damage to the lock would drive me nuts, personally.  I hope nothing else happens.

I hope so too. It's not going to be super hard to fix the lock, just annoying and moderately costly. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

That was such a fantastic weekend. Meeting you IRL with @Raxie, Mr. Raxie @Sloth the Enduringand @DrFeelgood was such a cool experience! Whenever I scroll through my pics to that weekend, it always brings a large smile to my face :D.

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The damage is below the deductible on my insurance what was actually stolen was practically worthless, and there is no way to catch the people who did it. I was perturbed at the inconvenience of it.

That stinks, dude. I remember when someone broke into our car at our apartment. All they took was the change compartment that had MAYBE 5-6$ in it...but still, it didn't unperturbed me any more or less knowing it could of been worse. Hopefully you can get a good deal on the door repair. And sorry to hear your sleep hasn't been as pleasant recently. Praying for a peaceful nights sleep this evening ;) 

Wolf

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

That was such a fantastic weekend. Meeting you IRL with @Raxie, Mr. Raxie @Sloth the Enduringand @DrFeelgood was such a cool experience! Whenever I scroll through my pics to that weekend, it always brings a large smile to my face :D.

Wowwww time really does fly!! We need to have a reunion!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

That stinks, dude. I remember when someone broke into our car at our apartment. All they took was the change compartment that had MAYBE 5-6$ in it...but still, it didn't unperturbed me any more or less knowing it could of been worse. Hopefully you can get a good deal on the door repair. And sorry to hear your sleep hasn't been as pleasant recently. Praying for a peaceful nights sleep this evening ;) 

Wolf

Thank you, I know thinking of me sleeping must be nice for you ;) 

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Wowwww time really does fly!! We need to have a reunion!

I agree wholeheartedly!

• Like 2

On 6/24/2019 at 2:04 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I didn't say I was too old to help people move. I just don't want people to help me move. This is not because I have a hard time asking for help. This is because if I pay people to move my stuff I don't have to help. I agree the post move beer and pizza is great, but not when I'm the one who's being moved.

Good luck with the move and the new place. May this be your forever home and be greatly blessed from the start.

LOL, what you said about moving! :D I totally agree, although it has only worked out once (since being married) that we paid movers and didn't have to do anything - when we moved cross country within South Africa. The other times we did it mostly ourselves, with a rented truck.

The first thing I read when I found out about moving across oceans, is that all the companies insist on packing your stuff, taking down curtains, etc. for insurance purposes. And that is absolutely fine by me. I've moved too many times in my life, but I have to admit... I've never had pizza (and beer) after a move.

EDIT: So sorry to hear about the break in to your truck! That sucks. The inconvenience and irritation of having to deal with this extra stuff (fixing/replacing) is usually worse than what they were able to steal.

Edited by ElizeElvinFoxRyder
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Good luck with the move and the new place. May this be your forever home and be greatly blessed from the start.

LOL, what you said about moving! :D I totally agree, although it has only worked out once (since being married) that we paid movers and didn't have to do anything - when we moved cross country within South Africa. The other times we did it mostly ourselves, with a rented truck.

The first thing I read when I found out about moving across oceans, is that all the companies insist on packing your stuff, taking down curtains, etc. for insurance purposes. And that is absolutely fine by me. I've moved too many times in my life, but I have to admit... I've never had pizza (and beer) after a move.

EDIT: So sorry to hear about the break in to your truck! That sucks. The inconvenience and irritation of having to deal with this extra stuff (fixing/replacing) is usually worse than what they were able to steal.

As much as I dislike packing I'm not sure I'd want a moving company packing for me, but at the same time not having to pack at all does have an allure.

Yesterday was a good day. Was tired off and on at work, but it was a good day. No workout or cooking. I was on call last night for close hospital, and had to go in, but I still managed to get some sleep. I won't know till later today if it was enough or not. Today we do the final walkthrough on the new house, and will measure the windows for blinds and see how big a fridge we can put in the kitchen. This will be our first time inside the house since we toured it with the Real Estate Agent over a month ago!

• Like 11

As much as I dislike packing I'm not sure I'd want a moving company packing for me, but at the same time not having to pack at all does have an allure.

Oh, I'd definitely have to pack my own stuff... I couldn't let movers touch my things... only boxes. 

Today we do the final walkthrough on the new house, and will measure the windows for blinds and see how big a fridge we can put in the kitchen. This will be our first time inside the house since we toured it with the Real Estate Agent over a month ago!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Oh, I'd definitely have to pack my own stuff... I couldn't let movers touch my things... only boxes. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

What happened to you wasn't cute. But this is.

image.png

You are correct on both counts.

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

That sucks about your truck. People are asshats sometimes. 

I hope you enjoy blind shopping and walking through your NEW HOME

We did enjoy shopping and the walk through.

Today is a good day. I was low energy due to getting called in, but we did the walkthrough and measured the windows. That house is so BIG! The closets are ginormous, and the master bath has A GARDEN TUB! For a six foot tall person that is incredible. I can't straighten my legs in it, but it's so deep I can get way more submerged than I ever could in standard tubs, which I hate having to use. There are all new light fixtures, the doors are in good shape. We will want to replace the toilets (too low and the bowls are too small) at some point, but don't have to be done right away. We also went grocery shopping, and bought hand soap and toilet paper for each bathroom, and are going to take spare hand towels over as well. 

Tomorrow is closing, then off to the big box hardware store for mowers and trimmers and shovels etc.

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A GARDEN TUB!

One of my lifetime goals is to own a tub that I can lay down in.  And a steam shower.  That would be great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

One of my lifetime goals is to own a tub that I can lay down in.  And a steam shower.  That would be great.

I'm content with my garden tub for now, but I hear you.

I forgot to mention we also bought a fridge at the scratch and dent place. It's a $1799 fridge we got for $1099 (minor dents in the handles and a scratch on one door). The fridge in our apartment is an 18 cubic foot fridge with the freezer on top. I hate it. I have to bend over to see anything in the fridge part, which is by far what I open more often. What we just bought (and will put in the house on Friday) is a 25.4 cubic foot fridge. It's a side by side, which is what I grew up with and haven't had since leaving home for college. It also has a water and ice dispenser. The afforementioned fridge of my childhood had the icemaker go out when I was five and the water dispenser calcified over when I was fifteen. I am very excited about this fridge.

• Like 12

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I was low energy due to getting called in, but we did the walkthrough and measured the windows. That house is so BIG! The closets are ginormous, and the master bath has A GARDEN TUB! For a six foot tall person that is incredible. I can't straighten my legs in it, but it's so deep I can get way more submerged than I ever could in standard tubs, which I hate having to use.

A big tub is a major win - congrats!

fe1b6bedb2242288d035904fd2ec741e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That fridge sounds fancyyyyy! So exciting!

Also that tub sounds AMAZING! Moving is so stressful but all the upgrades you're getting sound pretty spectacular.

• Like 1