• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

8 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

I'd be interested in taking the test but from the looks of the descriptions, I'm probably a One of a Three.

Wolf

I didn't take the test on that site. The test I used was from here:

https://enneaapp.com/find-your-type/

It's free. What I recommend is that people take the test and read about the types and see what makes sense. 

Today is a good day. We set up the dining room and worked on setting up our closet. I went grocery shopping in the morning while Sra Tanque did laundry. My parents came over and Dad watched me plumbing. Turns out we only had to replace the cartridge in the fixture, which solved the problem. Dad brought a couple of things I didn't have that helped out immensely. He brought some heat proof grease that helped me replace the seats and springs:

037155806867.jpg?vkey=232mPJuLISlsKNsB0jpPGJNiWx3ju%2BA%2Ba775LbjGYhQ=

which come seperately from the cartridge. The upshot is everything works now.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

didn't take the test on that site. The test I used was from here:

https://enneaapp.com/find-your-type/

I'm a 7 first (enthusiast, epicure, dreamer) 5 second (investigator, observer, scholar). Which seems like a contradiction but that seems about right too. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The test I used was from here:

I took that quiz and came out equally on 7 and 9, with 2 coming in a very close third.  Everything else was far below

• Like 1

Ahhh, the Enneagram. I remember taking it in college in either a psych or sociology and being a Dead even split between 1 (the perfectionist) & 8 (the active controller).

Which both suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deftona said:

I'm a 7 first (enthusiast, epicure, dreamer) 5 second (investigator, observer, scholar). Which seems like a contradiction but that seems about right too. 

A seven makes sense for you.

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I took that quiz and came out equally on 7 and 9, with 2 coming in a very close third.  Everything else was far below

I see you as a 9, with how diplomatic you are.

5 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Ahhh, the Enneagram. I remember taking it in college in either a psych or sociology and being a Dead even split between 1 (the perfectionist) & 8 (the active controller).

Which both suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper make sense.

Fellow Gut triad person! As a 9 I'm right there with you dealing with anger. Do you find yourself dealing more with envy or outright anger?

@SkyGirl people are nerding out about the Enneagram over here, come get in on this!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Apparently I'm a 5, then 8, then 7... reading up on it now.

EDIT:
This is so on spot!

Not to mention those cupcakes in the videos...

Welcome to the Enneagram!

Today is a GOOD day. I set up my lawnmower, walked to the corner gas station and back, filling my gas can, then mowed the yard and trimmed a tree with my bypass loppers. That got me tired, so I took a shower and soaked in a tub with some epsom salts. The shower works so much better with that new cartridge I put in. I finished setting up my part of the closet. Sra. Tanque did a lot of work setting up too. I also ACTUALLY COOKED DINNER!!!

In the afternoon I made a fruit salad so it could sit and the flavors could blend. I mixed 1 tbsp olive oil, 3 tbsp honey, and 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar. I then chopped some mint and stirred that in. I then dumped in blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, and watermelon. The fruit was all pre cut when I bought it. I stirred that and put it in the fridge to sit. When it came time to actually cook I made a honey mustard sauce with 3tbsp each olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp mustard and stirred. I cooked some chopped bacon and chopped chicken thighs together till they were done. I served the meat with the sauce over it, and for a side had some steam in the bag lightly sauced roasted potatoes and green beans. The fruit salad made an excellent desert. 

• Like 12

43 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When it came time to actually cook I made a honey mustard sauce with 3tbsp each olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp mustard and stirred. I cooked some chopped bacon and chopped chicken thighs together till they were done. I served the meat with the sauce over it,

That sounds good, I think I am going to try that one next week

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Apparently I'm a 5, then 8, then 7... reading up on it now.

EDIT:
This is so on spot!

Five and Eight are closely connected, which fascinates me since they seem so opposite at first glance! My grandma has been studying the Enneagram with me and she's settled that her type is "somewhere along the line between 5 and 8" and she doesn't think she can narrow it down much more than that.  :D  

• Like 2

For me, I operate more with rage than envy, even after calming down from my teens and 20s.

I’m too cynical to be easy to envy - the Joneses are up to their damn eyeballs in credit card debt, and my human organism is my own.

I do fall into completely weirdo envy traps though when it comes to things like ‘having a dragon’, or perceptions of success where it intersects with personal fulfillment.

Ya know, the hella easy stuff to go pick up at Walmart ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That sounds good, I think I am going to try that one next week

I hope you like it.

11 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Seriously Tank. You need to start posting photos of the food...

I've done it a few times, it's a pain going from my phone, to making sure it's on google, to loading it to imgur to copy paste on here.

10 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

:D 

9 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Five and Eight are closely connected, which fascinates me since they seem so opposite at first glance! My grandma has been studying the Enneagram with me and she's settled that her type is "somewhere along the line between 5 and 8" and she doesn't think she can narrow it down much more than that.  :D  

Five and 8 are connected by what are called Stress and Security points. Each number has a number it goes to when healthy, and a different number it goes to when unhealthy. When fives are healthy, they take on the healthy characteristics of an eight. When eights are unhealthy, they take on the unhealthy characteristics of a five.

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

For me, I operate more with rage than envy, even after calming down from my teens and 20s.

I’m too cynical to be easy to envy - the Joneses are up to their damn eyeballs in credit card debt, and my human organism is my own.

I do fall into completely weirdo envy traps though when it comes to things like ‘having a dragon’, or perceptions of success where it intersects with personal fulfillment.

Ya know, the hella easy stuff to go pick up at Walmart ;)

I suspect then you are more 8 than 1. 8s tend to externalize their anger and rage is always easy to express/feel. 1s tend to internalize their anger and struggle with envy the most.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I came out a 9 > 2 > 3.  The 9 & 2 made sense, but not the 3.  I’ll have to read more.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rinna said:

I came out a 9 > 2 > 3.  The 9 & 2 made sense, but not the 3.  I’ll have to read more.....

The first one is likely your number. When 9s are healthy they take on the positive aspects of threes.

Today is a good day. I went to church, then came home and cooked lunch. I made couscous with water, butter, white wine vinegar, salt and dried cranberries. I then cooked some salmon in a pan with salt and pepper in avocado oil, and topped it with bacon jam. When the couscous was done I added more dried cranberries and Sra Tanque stirred it up. I also cooked some green beans in a bag and finished them in the skillet where I cooked the salmon, adding salt, pepper and white wine vinegar. It all came together beautifully.

• Like 8

Catching up after the weekend:

According to the website, I'm a 7, then 9, then 5; however at the bottom it shows that I have an equal number of tally marks in all three.Honestly, the 5 was the least surprising to me.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2019 at 6:31 AM, SkyGirl said:

On 7/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Five and 8 are connected by what are called Stress and Security points. Each number has a number it goes to when healthy, and a different number it goes to when unhealthy. When fives are healthy, they take on the healthy characteristics of an eight. When eights are unhealthy, they take on the unhealthy characteristics of a five.

This ^^^. I'm as base a (healthy) 5, then when I'm confident and sure of myself I go to 8. When I'm in a bad place, I go to the unhealthy points of a 7.

Fruit salad! Ooh... some farmers around here put up tunnels so now we have berries almost the whole year around. I love a fruit/berry mix with my porridge in the morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Catching up after the weekend:

According to the website, I'm a 7, then 9, then 5; however at the bottom it shows that I have an equal number of tally marks in all three.Honestly, the 5 was the least surprising to me.

I am realizing the test is only the beginning in finding your number, you can take more than one kind of test, but learning about the numbers should solidify it.

2 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

This ^^^. I'm as base a (healthy) 5, then when I'm confident and sure of myself I go to 8. When I'm in a bad place, I go to the unhealthy points of a 7.

Fruit salad! Ooh... some farmers around here put up tunnels so now we have berries almost the whole year around. I love a fruit/berry mix with my porridge in the morning.

A five makes sense to me for you. 

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I got 5, 9, 7. None of them make much sense for me. I wonder how much the ADHD and compensating for being an introvert in an extrovert ‘s job alter the results.

Do you feel like you struggle more with anger or fear?

1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

Catching up as well!

I got 9, then 1, then 2. Interesting!

Fellow 9 with a 1 wing!

• Like 3

Alright I took a different quiz and got 5, 9, 7 again or a 5 wing 6.

I didn’t know how to answer some of the questions, like do I avoid conflict? Yes, but not because conflict bothers me, but because I avoid people. I see all points of view, but it’s hard to take a side? I see all points of vie because I think too much, but it’s always easy to take a side.

Anger or fear? I dunno, I’m not that emotional. The doctor says I have anxiety, so fear I guess.

• Like 4

5 6 and 7 are in the head triad, that deals with fear. Given that two different tests gave you a five, and five is traditionally the most un-emotional of the types, I'd say a five is very likely for you.

• Like 2

Today is a good day. First day back at work, wasn't too bad. My commute is slightly shorter to and from my new place. Came home and Sra Tanque made dinner, then I batch cooked some lunches, roasting veggies and using canned chicken so I won't have to go to the cafeteria at work. A step in the right direction.

• Like 8

I love that personality test! I took it a while back, I particularly like how thorough it is in terms of describing relationships an potential issues between different numbers and communication strategies, etc.  Definitely way better than Myers Briggs IMHO.

That picture is so cute! Sra. Tanque looks so glowy :D

• Like 1