• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

giphy.gif

As the title and the tags indicate, we are now homeowners! Closing will be on Thursday, June 27th. Week 1 of the challenge will be finalizing packing and getting some things set up at the new place (buying a fridge [probably from the scratch and dent place], installing blinds, putting Toilet paper and hand soap in all the bathrooms). Week 2 I am taking off from work for the move. July 8th, moving day, will also be our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. Tell the truth, how many of you got a house for an Anniversary present? We are hiring movers because we are too old and make too much money to ask our friends for help. The rest of that week will be unpacking and setting things up, as well as cleaning the old apartment and turning in the keys. Weeks 3 and four will be continuing to unpack and filling out myriad change of address forms.

giphy.gif

At some point, we will be eating and I will hopefully get some workouts in. 

moving-drib.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 24

On 6/22/2019 at 8:01 AM, deftona said:

Following along! 

Welcome!

21 hours ago, Xena said:

image.png

:D 

4 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Following For Function Fitness...

The real 4 F's.

You just earned yourself a title mister.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome!

You just earned yourself a title mister.

'bout time I get some recognition 'round here.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

tenor.gif?itemid=12846228

sending every good wish and pray for your move! it's nice that you have it all mapped out per-week! :D

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

'bout time I get some recognition 'round here.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Miaulin said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12846228

sending every good wish and pray for your move! it's nice that you have it all mapped out per-week! :D

Thank you!

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

You’re never too old to help people move. The post-move pizza and beer is the best pizza and beer.

I didn't say I was too old to help people move. I just don't want people to help me move. This is not because I have a hard time asking for help. This is because if I pay people to move my stuff I don't have to help. I agree the post move beer and pizza is great, but not when I'm the one who's being moved.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I didn't say I was too old to help people move. I just don't want people to help me move. This is not because I have a hard time asking for help. This is because if I pay people to move my stuff I don't have to help. I agree the post move beer and pizza is great, but not when I'm the one who's being moved.

I had been thinking of writing something along the lines of what Sloth wrote...but now I see that you have some very good points!

• Like 4

Following on the first page!!  :D  Congrats again on the house and I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xena said:

I had been thinking of writing something along the lines of what Sloth wrote...but now I see that you have some very good points!

Yes, the last two moves I hired movers. It was heavenly. That's why I'm hiring them again. It's actually the same people.

1 hour ago, NicTheRugger said:

Congrats on becoming a homeowner! And best of luck with the move. :D 

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Following on the first page!!  :D  Congrats again on the house and I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible!

Welcome to the first page club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You’re never too old to help people move. The post-move pizza and beer is the best pizza and beer.

You’re darn tootin’! ;) 

But....last time we moved, and had friends help, I found out one was a recovering alcoholic.  After I bought the beer. Oops.  Luckily I found out before I offered  it up.

Hai Tank!  Exciting times await you.  New home, new baby.  All the feels. Following along.

• Like 2

Happy moving! I love the line that you’re too old to have friends help you move! There’s this satisfying “oh yeah, I’m awesome” checkpoint in life when you hire someone to move all the stuff. Then you can invite all your friends for pizza and beer after and relish in the not lifting a giant bed up the stairs. 

Congratulations, friend!

• Like 3

On 6/19/2019 at 7:18 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Tell the truth, how many of you got a house for an Anniversary present?

I'm praying to make this a reality one day! #LifeGoals

On 6/19/2019 at 7:18 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We are hiring movers because we are too old and make too much money to ask our friends for help.

Heck yeah! I hate moving...packing is ok, I suppose, but moving licks butthole. Good for you guys! Can't wait to see the new house (and new baby)!

Wolf

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yes, the last two moves I hired movers.

We considered hiring movers but then I thought about all the stuff I have I don't want people to see and we did it on our own 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My husband and I have decided that our next move, we will definitely hire movers for reasons similar. We were gifted some solid oak bedroom furniture and moving it into our current house was enough for us to nope out of that ever again. 

Also, I love packing and unpacking. So if you need any help! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rinna said:

You’re darn tootin’! ;) 

But....last time we moved, and had friends help, I found out one was a recovering alcoholic.  After I bought the beer. Oops.  Luckily I found out before I offered  it up.

Hai Tank!  Exciting times await you.  New home, new baby.  All the feels. Following along.

Glad to have you.

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Happy moving! I love the line that you’re too old to have friends help you move! There’s this satisfying “oh yeah, I’m awesome” checkpoint in life when you hire someone to move all the stuff. Then you can invite all your friends for pizza and beer after and relish in the not lifting a giant bed up the stairs. 

Congratulations, friend!

Yes, at a certain age some of us reach the point where we've realized we have nothing to prove and let younger people do things for money. And our Mattress is VERY heavy.

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Happy moving!

Thank yoU!

2 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

I'm praying to make this a reality one day! #LifeGoals

Heck yeah! I hate moving...packing is ok, I suppose, but moving licks butthole. Good for you guys! Can't wait to see the new house (and new baby)!

Wolf

We are excited at the prospect of not having to move again, at least not for a long time.

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here and hoping I am here in time to make the first page

You are indeed in time.

1 hour ago, deftona said:

We considered hiring movers but then I thought about all the stuff I have I don't want people to see and we did it on our own 

Did no one explain to you the function of boxes and discrete brown paper wrappers?

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

My husband and I have decided that our next move, we will definitely hire movers for reasons similar. We were gifted some solid oak bedroom furniture and moving it into our current house was enough for us to nope out of that ever again. 

Also, I love packing and unpacking. So if you need any help! 

If you want to burn some frequent flyer miles to come down and help us put things in boxes I'm sure we can come to an arrangement. We have, however, already dismantled the guest room, so you'd be crashing on a couch.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

giphy.gif

Heya Tank! Congrats on the move! I hope the move goes fairly painlessly for you! 

I've been away for a while, but I have now returned! Let us share the awesomeness!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Congrats!

Following!

Jealous!

Yup, that about sums it up. :)

Thanks!

Thanks!

Niener Niener Niener :P

38 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

giphy.gif

Heya Tank! Congrats on the move! I hope the move goes fairly painlessly for you! 

I've been away for a while, but I have now returned! Let us share the awesomeness!

Welcome back!