Jump to content

Pack. Move. Unpack: Tanktimus Relocates Forum Headquarters


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Fridge Water!!!!!!!!! emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait for that first cup.

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

NICE!!!! I'm totally jealous of your tub. 

You should be, it's awesome!

3 hours ago, Moros said:

 

 A big tub is a major win - congrats!

 

fe1b6bedb2242288d035904fd2ec741e.jpg

 

 

You're not wrong :) 

3 hours ago, Raxie said:

That fridge sounds fancyyyyy! So exciting!

 

Also that tub sounds AMAZING! Moving is so stressful but all the upgrades you're getting sound pretty spectacular.

They are both awesome!

 

Today is a good day despite an air quality day that made it difficult to breathe. That was only part of the day. We started out by going to the title company to sign paperwork, and that went well. Our realtor gifted us with a $150 big box hardware store gift card too! We then dropped off some supplies at the house (The TP and soap we got yesterday). We then went to the post office to get keys (we live in one of those subdivisions where all the mailboxes are grouped together like in an apartment complex). After that was lunch, then the big box hardware store, where we used both the gift card and a coupon and got: blinds, a mower, a weed eater, hedge clippers. two kinds of rakes, a shovel, pruning shears, bypass loppers, contact paper, miscellaneous bathroom towel and TP holders, and wasp spray. Tonight is small group.

  • Like 12

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

big box hardware store gift card

 

That's brotherly love, right there.

  • Like 1

  Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Link to comment

So much new house excitement going on :)  When do you officially move in?

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment

Haven’t read over all the comments, but diving in. New house, new baby, such fun!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Cheetah said:

 

That's brotherly love, right there.

It really is.

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

So much new house excitement going on :)  When do you officially move in?

July 8th.

17 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Haven’t read over all the comments, but diving in. New house, new baby, such fun!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

  • Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Terra said:

I'm so excited for you Tank!!!  July 8th will be here before you know it! 

 

That shopping sounds like fun home stuff!  I love tinkering around the house and gardens.

 

Thank you!

 

Today is a good day. A headache went away! I also got a haircut. We then went with a buddy of mine to get the fridge from the scratch and dent place. It came off the truck just fine, but we are going to have to take the doors of the fridge off to get it through the doors of the house. Not a problem normally, but I left my tools at the apartment. It was too late to go get them as I had to get ready for work. We'll go back tomorrow morning to finish the job.  Our realtor also delivered keys, a garage door opener, and a $250 gift card from the sellers.

  • Like 11

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment

Today is a good day. Back to the house to finish putting the fridge in. We managed fairly quickly, but couldn't find the valve to turn on the water to the fridge. After going home and getting some lunch, I gave it one last try. We had texted the realtor, who went through the seller's realtor to find out the valve is upstairs in the water heater closet. I found it and it works great on the fridge end, but the valve itself leaks. We are using our home warranty to get a service call done and have the valve fixed. 

  • Like 10

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
Our realtor also delivered keys, a garage door opener, and a $250 gift card from the sellers.


Are $250 gift cards common when buying a new house? I suppose, we got a gift voucher for a free pizza when we signed the lease on those place, which is similar...

Glad you got the valve figured out! Though I don’t know why your fridge needs water O_o

Sounds like you are having fun putting together the place!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

 


Are $250 gift cards common when buying a new house? I suppose, we got a gift voucher for a free pizza when we signed the lease on those place, which is similar...

Glad you got the valve figured out! Though I don’t know why your fridge needs water O_o

Sounds like you are having fun putting together the place!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Nope, that’s pretty rare. My folks were thrilled to get a binder of appliance manuals and house facts. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

 


Are $250 gift cards common when buying a new house? I suppose, we got a gift voucher for a free pizza when we signed the lease on those place, which is similar...

Glad you got the valve figured out! Though I don’t know why your fridge needs water O_o

Sounds like you are having fun putting together the place!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

No. In the negotiation phase the sellers had said something about a gift card to defray the cost of blinds, and that was the origin of that particular gift card. These sellers were very accommodating. The fridge itself doesn't need water, but the ice maker and drinking water dispenser do :) 

stainless-steel-door-dark-gray-case-ge-s

That panel on the left is recessed. The black vertical rectangle is a lever that can be pushed to dispense ice or water, depending on the controls pushed. That particular model can dispense cubed or crushed ice.

10 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Nope, that’s pretty rare. My folks were thrilled to get a binder of appliance manuals and house facts. 

The house facts would have been practical when trying to figure out the location of the cutoff valve.

  • Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment

That’s not a fridge, it’s a spaceship!!!

So cool!

Heh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

 

We need to make a binder of House stuff trendy!

I agree.

3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

That’s not a fridge, it’s a spaceship!!!

So cool!

Heh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very middle of the line fridge.

samsung-family-hub-refrigerator-29.jpg

That's closer to a spaceship fridge. Those are computer screens in the door. And yes, one of the things they do is show you the inside of the fridge so you don't have to stand there with the door open.

 

Today is a good day. Church, then some dissappointing trips to furniture stores, then naps, then a look at the budget and the realization the furniture we have for now is good enough. We got some packing done, and make about the progress I think we need to have made up to this point.

  • Like 12

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. Church, then some dissappointing trips to furniture stores, then naps, then a look at the budget and the realization the furniture we have for now is good enough. We got some packing done, and make about the progress I think we need to have made up to this point.

 

As someone who did all this six months ago my advice to you is live with what you have for a while to work out what you truly need. It's hard to know just by looking how you're going to live in the new space and you're not going to live in it like you imagined. And you lived with the stuff you have in the old place so there's probably not much that you're desperate for. 

  • Like 5

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Those are computer screens in the door. And yes, one of the things they do is show you the inside of the fridge so you don't have to stand there with the door open.

Wow, now that is a useful feature

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment
6 hours ago, deftona said:

 

As someone who did all this six months ago my advice to you is live with what you have for a while to work out what you truly need. It's hard to know just by looking how you're going to live in the new space and you're not going to live in it like you imagined. And you lived with the stuff you have in the old place so there's probably not much that you're desperate for. 

True. We were mainly looking for things we would like.

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, now that is a useful feature

It is.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
On 6/30/2019 at 3:54 AM, Yasha92 said:

 


Are $250 gift cards common when buying a new house? I suppose, we got a gift voucher for a free pizza when we signed the lease on those place, which is similar...

Glad you got the valve figured out! Though I don’t know why your fridge needs water O_o

Sounds like you are having fun putting together the place!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

We got a crappy plant, and my daughter got an A. A. Milne Complete Tales & Poems of Winnie the Pooh.  The book was actually a welcome gift, since pooh was a staple in our home (I still have mine, and he looks rode hard & put up wet).  

  • Like 4

 Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

 

"The only way to lose is to give up."

 -Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

 

 

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's closer to a spaceship fridge. Those are computer screens in the door. And yes, one of the things they do is show you the inside of the fridge so you don't have to stand there with the door open.

 

That is pretty wild - but should save some energy (I think).  Of course, with the way AI is going, this could become a thing:

 

05_klossnerj_internetofthings_03-24-2014-100535431-orig.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

Link to comment
20 hours ago, deftona said:

 

As someone who did all this six months ago my advice to you is live with what you have for a while to work out what you truly need. It's hard to know just by looking how you're going to live in the new space and you're not going to live in it like you imagined. And you lived with the stuff you have in the old place so there's probably not much that you're desperate for. 

 

I second this!!

  • Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 48

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

 

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 
 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Link to comment

What the hell?! Those fridges are CRAZY! It's like some kind of futuristic space fridge!!!! 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to comment

Catching up here, but getting movers is the greatest thing. I felt so adult when we actually were able to afford movers. I still do most of the packing and unpacking, but I also hope that we never have to move from our current house.

  • Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Link to comment
On 7/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, Rinna said:

 

We got a crappy plant, and my daughter got an A. A. Milne Complete Tales & Poems of Winnie the Pooh.  The book was actually a welcome gift, since pooh was a staple in our home (I still have mine, and he looks rode hard & put up wet).  

That's better than nothing

On 7/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, Moros said:

 

That is pretty wild - but should save some energy (I think).  Of course, with the way AI is going, this could become a thing:

 

05_klossnerj_internetofthings_03-24-2014-100535431-orig.jpg

:D 

16 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

 

I second this!!

Motion carries.

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

What the hell?! Those fridges are CRAZY! It's like some kind of futuristic space fridge!!!! 

 

THose aren't even the craziest fridges I saw on an image search.

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

Catching up here, but getting movers is the greatest thing. I felt so adult when we actually were able to afford movers. I still do most of the packing and unpacking, but I also hope that we never have to move from our current house.

I agree completely. 

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

THose aren't even the craziest fridges I saw on an image search.

 

Did one look like this?

 

Related image

 

Cuz that's NUTS!!

 

Wolf

  • Confused 6

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

 

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

 

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines