So much happened I don't even know where to  begin.... I was finishing up my college degree and while I wasn't making progress at least I wasn't really losing ground either.  Then....surprise-attack no can defend.

TLDR - Holding with a Medium-Boss, and then a Mega-Boss launched a surprise attack.

Both my grandparents were hospitalized, their dog was attacked by an owl, and my mom (while her multitude of health issues) and I were the only ones around to take care of things.  

I mean, thankfully this all happened near graduation so I was able to get done with school stuff before heading to my hometown.  But between taking care of the dog (waking up every few hours for his pain meds), taking turns sleeping overnight at the hospital with my grandma (grandpa was discharged, but he's 85 and still dealing with health issues), and keeping the house intact (regular logistics plus the Anti-Hoarder Assistance Quest)..... I'm not entirely sure where my weight is at other than "higher than when I first joined NerdFitness."

I mean, the good news is I still fit my jeans.  I can still bend and twist and throw heavy boxes around (45-50 lbs) --- (yay lifting with knees and not with back.)  I can make multiple trips with heavy trash bags as I make my parents' house less cluttered and more livable.  And the dog is healed so I can take him on walks now.

The plan is - set up weekly menus so I can watch my nutrition according to my doc's recommendation.  I've got a workout plan I can start again when I have space, and a gym I can start going to in a couple weeks when I begin the official move to my new town for my new job.  There's a weekly in-person weight-loss accountability group called TOPS that I'm familiar with, and a chapter that meets on Saturdays that I plan on joining.  I'm finally accepting that online generic support just...doesn't work for me.  I need the in-person accountability. 

Going to start taking progress photos again and start sharing them - maybe with the NF FB group, or on my logs here.

End of report.

• Like 2

Hang in there. I get where you're coming from:

Mom = hoarder

Mom injures self, diagnosed with dementia & needs full time care

Result: massive decluttering effort + remodel + hubby & I moving in with her = no gym for 2 months.

Just wanted you to know you're not alone. :)

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria