• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Endor

Run along now

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Man, keeping up with you across two different threads is a challenge upon itself!

Glad you found your way over here. I was going to tag you when the biking talk started getting more specific. I just forgot...

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 12:51 AM, Endor said:

Which GS have you got?

A 2011 eleven model, the transitional one between a GS650 and the later GS800. It's got a 650 chassis but 800cc engine.

Mine's the one on the left. The other one's an Anniversary Edition GS1200 my dad owns.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Mine's the one on the left. The other one's an Anniversary Edition GS1200 my dad owns.

Very nice, I like the square headlight setup, looks cool. Have you had it off-road much? The reviews I have read say the 650/800/850 is more of a road bike that can go off-road and the 850GS onwardsw are more of an off-road that can go on-road. How tall is your dad? I think the bigger ones are just slightly too high for me. 

Also, that is pic is really good for comparison, thank you :) 

• Like 1

Let's see we must be starting week 3 by now? This challenge is flying past! 

Goal recap:

- Run 3 times a week (follow the app)

- No alcohol

- Eat real food only (mostly this means no trashy snacks like chips and chocolate)

Starting weight: 95.2kg

Finishing weight: sub 90 would be awesome, let's see....)

-------

- I've stopped running completely to let my shin splints rest, but I am walking 5 to 8k almost every day. I might get back to running today but it's sooooo cold :soap:  8 degrees here now at 8am!

- I'm still not drinking alcohol, that's 5 weeks now. I do occasionally miss it, mostly red wine and mostly with certain foods (roast beef) or weather conditions (rain/storm). I haven't really missed beer that much which surprises me but then it is winter. 

-  I am eating mostly real food, I've had occasional treats but not much. I have had some Pana Organic Dark Chocolate  (Organic, Gluten free, No dairy, No Refined Sugar and Hand-Made), a bit of white rice with a curry and some bread with Hummus at a Turkish Restaurant that was too good to resist, but nothing main-stream. No crisps (chips) or sugared stuff. When I want a sweet treat it's Kombucha, Coconut Water or Fruit. The chocolate has been 1 bar on a Friday as a treat. I have had 3 dried figs a couple times too. I've been buying only 3 from the pick and mix, almost bought a whole packet with about 20 in which is a lot cheaper but I knew I would eat more than 3. I did have some ice-cream cravings yesterday though!

This is the choc i like the best so far.

19579.gif&zc=2&w=598&h=424

Current Weight: 91.9kg  (202.6lbs)

Pretty pleased to get sub 92 this week, next week I'm aiming for sub 91 but I have to commute 3 days so it will be harder to get the walking in. Just realised we've only done 2 weeks of the challenge not 3 but I started a week early I think so I'm averaging 1.1kg per week which is pretty much spot-on. I've only counted cals 1 day so far., I'd prefer to avoid cal counting so I'll hold off until the weight loss starts to taper off. 

• Like 6

I stopped at the Harley store on the way home yesterday to see if they would let me sit on the bikes I'm considering for my Nov trip. The sales guy was super chilled and friendly, no pressure.

He told me they actually rent out one harley even though it's not advertised. Awesome, this is much easier because they're local and i don't have to travel am hour and a half to the other store. He couldn't tell me pricing, have to talk with the admin girl I'm the week.

He did let me sit on it though, not as heavy as i thought it would be. If the price is right I'll definitely take it out. Heritage Classic. Here it is:

df58495b6a7cf46b703b1502bbba490f.jpgc14ca2025dc2d73a86a4ca3920592ba5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

8.5k walk today.
No alcohol.
1 mini reeces peanut butter cup.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Endor said:

Let's see we must be starting week 3 by now? This challenge is flying past!

Yep, it goes fast!

- I've stopped running completely to let my shin splints rest, but I am walking 5 to 8k almost every day. I might get back to running today but it's sooooo cold :soap:  8 degrees here now at 8am!

Sorry you are still fighting the shin splints, but it huge that you've kept up with the walking (and running when you can).

- I'm still not drinking alcohol, that's 5 weeks now. I do occasionally miss it, mostly red wine and mostly with certain foods (roast beef) or weather conditions (rain/storm). I haven't really missed beer that much which surprises me but then it is winter. 

I've been buying only 3 from the pick and mix, almost bought a whole packet with about 20 in which is a lot cheaper but I knew I would eat more than 3.

Great job on diet and congratulations on the weight loss. I have to do the same thing (buy smaller portions even though it's more expensive to avoid binging). I even realized I can't cook extra amounts of pasta (like to take for lunch the next day) because I end up eating it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Endor said:

Very nice, I like the square headlight setup, looks cool. Have you had it off-road much? The reviews I have read say the 650/800/850 is more of a road bike that can go off-road and the 850GS onwardsw are more of an off-road that can go on-road. How tall is your dad? I think the bigger ones are just slightly too high for me. 

Also, that is pic is really good for comparison, thank you :) 

He's as tall as I am, but that seat bends real low so he's fine. As for the bike, it's cool both on and off the road, but I'm more about ease of use and comfort of travel; it does fine on all those and consumes almost no fuel, so I'm happy. It's not built for speed, but it'll go 120-140km easy on a highway. Likewise, it's not a dirt bike, but it's easy to handle and super efficcient off road.

Also, tagging @Mr_Willes even though he's a slimy Ducatista and @Rurik Harrgath because Harelys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Xena said:

extra amounts of pasta

Any pasta is extra pasta! :)

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

ease of use and comfort of travel;

it'll go 120-140km easy on a highway

That'll do me, I'm all for comfort these days, done my sports bike time on a Ninja and an SV650 so I'm ready for some relaxed riding and this sounds like it will do everything I want it to, except maybe the longer distances (300 - 400km in a day). 

@Rurik Harrgath because Harelys

Did not know Rurik is into Harleys but that figures :) I'm so excited about renting the Harley, it's 9:18 and I've been waiting 18 mins for my phone to ring already about the hire terms :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9.5km walking today.

Called the Harley shop $300 for 24 hrs, pretty expensive....might make this a reward for fitting into my old bike jeans.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Endor said:

Did not know Rurik is into Harleys but that figures

If Momoa is, then Rurik is. Fact.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Commuting 3 days for a training course.

The provided lunch was rubbish, sandwiches and 2 slices of brownie.

Sat down all day.

Had a 15 min wait to change trains on way home so i put an audio book on and walked up and down the platform. Got some funny looks but also got 1000 steps.

Straight out for a 7km walk when i got home.

Now to eat, go to bed and do it all again tomorrow. I made the right choice not switching to a higher paid job with a commute.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Endor said:

The provided lunch was rubbish, sandwiches and 2 slices of brownie.

That makes you a racoon, right?

• Like 2

Hey - saw this on instagram yesterday!

Thank you! I'll check it out on the weekend.

16 hours ago, Endor said:

I made the right choice not switching to a higher paid job with a commute.

I believe it. Back when I had a significant commute I felt like it was sucking the life right out of me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That makes you a racoon, right?

Much maligned but actually very tidy creatures... 

tumblr_ntw8anb1DY1s391qwo1_400.gif

and actually the fat ones eat a mostly feline diet  :lol: 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Xena said:

I believe it. Back when I had a significant commute I felt like it was sucking the life right out of me.

Yeah 2 days in and I'm feeling it tonight. Mind you I have got the most monotone instructor, a class full of silent introverts and a flickering light 2 feet in front of me...today was death by about 200 powerpoint slides he just read out. It's a topic I am really interested in which he's managed to make incredibly tedious. Oh well, at least I have learnt some stuff.

P.S. I have no problem with silent introverts (I can sometimes fall into this category depending on circumstances) but it doesn't make for a very interactive and engaging learning environment in this case.  

• Like 2

Only walked 4km tonight. I had problems with my lab kit today which the instructor couldn't fix and it took me about 4 hours to figure out what the hell was wrong with it and fix it so I have to catch up tonight to be able to do the labs tomorrow since they are sequential exercises. 

I had some good news today though, I have been allocated 2 new projects, an interesting one designing Encryption standards and a very very dull one migrating some antique Novell environments that will pay well and secures me and another guy for about 6 months so the pressure will be off again for a while. 

I also had some good news (hopefully) about my running, I was chatting with a guy in the office that does a lot of running and told him I had stopped because of shin splints. He asked me who diagnosed that and I said me! He suggested it most likely was not shin splints and that he'd had a similar issue that got sorted with some physio and rolling with a ball at home.....this would be good news indeed if it turns out to be the case. I had held off going to a physio, so expensive but maybe I will go after all....actually i might look the area up in my supple leopard book and see if there are any exercises that might apply. I think it's going to need someone else to manipulate it though, it's very painful and I'll probably wuss out myself!

Tomorrow will be a good day too, I'm going climbing after work with @Yuen followed by a burger. 

• Like 6

Had a good time climbing on Thurs, geez I'm out of shape but enjoyed it none the less. 

Friday I was super tired after 3 days commuting and the climbing but got some work done and a 4k walk. 

Saturday I slept in and had a cruisey morning then we had some friends round for a roast lunch. They brought some Sierra Nevada beer with them, I cracked and had some which led to wine and whisky. First alcohol for 6 weeks. 

Sunday I felt so bad, hungover and with all the mental crap that goes with it, a really good reminder that it's not worth it, at least for me at the moment. I was craving carbs and crappy food all day but managed to eat well and do 7km of walking. I spent a few hours in the evening fixing a broken Kobo Glo and replacing the battery on an old Tile which is now working fine. Saved me $30 and saved something going to landfill. 

• Like 4

Week 4 is here already! 

Monday:

Weigh-in 91.4kg

Started this challenge 1 week early at 95.2kg so I'm pretty much on the money for my goal of 1kg per week. Surprised I lost anything this week with all the bread and treats I ate in the office. 

I washed my motorcycle jeans and jacket over the weekend and tried the jeans on, they are very tight round the waist but I can actually do them up! I think they would be uncomfortable to wear though so still a way to go yet. 

The Adventure tour I booked got cancelled unfortunately, I was the only one that booked it. I discovered the Harley I was looking at renting has a 1.9 litre engine, way too big for me as the first cruiser I ever ride I think, maybe when I've had some more practice. I'm planning to rent an XVS650 instead, I can get that for the whole weekend for less than 1 day for the Harley. I might make that my sub-90kg reward. 

This is what it looks like:

1200px-YamahaDragstar.jpg

I've had a good brekky this morning, another week starts.....another opportunity to work on my goals :) 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Endor said:

The Adventure tour I booked got cancelled unfortunately, I was the only one that booked it. I discovered the Harley I was looking at renting has a 1.9 litre engine, way too big for me as the first cruiser I ever ride I think, maybe when I've had some more practice. I'm planning to rent an XVS650 instead, I can get that for the whole weekend for less than 1 day for the Harley. I might make that my sub-90kg reward. 

Sucks about the tour - that looked like a lot of fun! Are you looking for an alternative tour to take instead? 

• Like 1