• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Xena

Xena makes a new start

14 hours ago, Xena said:

2. I'm kind of excited by the power of kicking people off the beach, but I think @Tanktimus the Encourager would disapprove.

Preeeetty sure he's on record saying you have queenlike powers ripe for the abuse. Power corrupts, after all. They'd not have given you this power if they didn't want you to abuse it. QED.

ETA: Plus, you're a Scout now, you can totally outrun him (not encouraging disobedience here, o my Lord Tanktimus the Mighty, not at all, nope).

So, what are your orders, my queen?

Looks at his guild insigna and whispers: "totally not some kind of shifty move to try and spy on y'all. Nope m'am, none of that here.":ph34r:

14 hours ago, Xena said:

Maybe in our next mini-challenge some hooligans will invade the beach and we'll all have to do something about it (like steal their beer).

Ooooh, ooooh, can I play the hooligan? I'd celebrate on mead instead of beer but I'd try to give you a run on the palm trees anyway. Throwing coconuts at angry scouts is soooo druidy, anything happening after that will have been worth it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jean said:

Preeeetty sure he's on record saying you have queenlike powers ripe for the abuse. Power corrupts, after all. They'd not have given you this power if they didn't want you to abuse it. QED.

ETA: Plus, you're a Scout now, you can totally outrun him (not encouraging disobedience here, o my Lord Tanktimus the Mighty, not at all, nope).

Looks at his guild insigna and whispers: "totally not some kind of shifty move to try and spy on y'all. Nope m'am, none of that here.":ph34r:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

19 hours ago, deftona said:

Just give me a shout, I feel like I would thrive in this role.

You're at the top of the list!

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Once a Ranger, always a Ranger :P

At least a little true.

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We revel in our power when we ban spammers.

They are surely cowering in some corner of the dark web having been thoroughly smited by our resident Paladin!

9 hours ago, Jean said:

Ooooh, ooooh, can I play the hooligan? I'd celebrate on mead instead of beer but I'd try to give you a run on the palm trees anyway. Throwing coconuts at angry scouts is soooo druidy, anything happening after that will have been worth it.

You are quite the disruptor! This is kind of Trickster-god behavior.

Today....wtf??

I was off my game today. I'm tired and drained. The summer does that to me.

Part of it was running the mile last night. It really flipped my schedule and I ended up getting to bed late.

Part of it is the exhaustion from keeping my interns going. Doing all the thinking for everyone wears me out.

This is a short-term problem...it gets better.

Today I did 4 pushups. That's good. I decided to take the day off running/biking for various reasons. That's fine, and was even written in as an option in my schedule. I ate crap because I got home late and was tired. I feel blah. 

I'm going to turn off the computer, organize the house a bit, stretch a bit, and go to bed early(ish). Tomorrow is another day.

• Like 7

*Morphs out of his tricky Shape of the Crow.*

4 hours ago, Xena said:

This is a short-term problem...it gets better.

Some days are like that, wise call on unplugging and trying it again tomorrow(today). Hope you're well rested and everything will fall in place.

Have a nice, soothing day.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:28 AM, Jean said:

*Morphs out of his tricky Shape of the Crow.*

I *knew* it!!

I "nope-d it" on a run today. It was predicted to be hot...then the local forecast didn't looks so bad...but in fact it WAS that bad. I jogged for about two miles then got hot enough that I couldn't hold a steady pace and had to run/walk the rest of the way home. Got in 5 miles of misery.

Made my calorie goal today, bringing me to 16/16 for the challenge. Also hit new low weight today (since at least the beginning of the year). Looking to lose another pound or two and then (the tricky part) stay under that threshold.

Gaining traction on the pushups. Managed 5 yesterday, bringing me to 29/100. Will try to get some in today still. Oh yes coffeemaker, you will be mine!

Leave early tomorrow for a work trip for several days. I'll have internet access but likely will fall behind a bit on the forums.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Xena said:

I "nope-d it" on a run today.

21 hours ago, Xena said:

Got in 5 miles of misery.

I know you're on a whole different level of running than me, but this does not sound like nope-ing it on a run :P

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Xena said:

I "nope-d it" on a run today. It was predicted to be hot...then the local forecast didn't looks so bad...but in fact it WAS that bad. I jogged for about two miles then got hot enough that I couldn't hold a steady pace and had to run/walk the rest of the way home. Got in 5 miles of misery.

The heatwave in New England really has been miserable, hasn't it? Kudos to you for getting even 5 miles in!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 9:03 PM, Xena said:

Made my calorie goal today, bringing me to 16/16 for the challenge. Also hit new low weight today (since at least the beginning of the year). Looking to lose another pound or two and then (the tricky part) stay under that threshold.

Gaining traction on the pushups. Managed 5 yesterday, bringing me to 29/100. Will try to get some in today still. Oh yes coffeemaker, you will be mine!

Yay for making progress on your weight loss goals and pushups!

• Like 1

Hi Everyone! I'm ba---aaack. A brief update now, then catching up with the scout tribe. Then a longer update and catching up with the rest of the NF world.

So quickie update....I was in Bermuda for ~5 days. It was really hot and humid, like it's been in New England. We were working very late hours, so I was often tired, and getting up early to exercise wasn't practical. I could usually fit it in at night after dinner, but sometimes that wasn't practical either. My living conditions were pretty rustic, so the idea of push-ups/planking/daily dare did not appeal. I did a little but skipped a few days. I prioritized running and got in 3 runs of 3-3.5 miles each, including some interval training. I ate reasonably.

I feel perfectly fine about what I was able to do on this trip. If it was a longer time period, I would have worked harder to figure out a practical exercise regime, but it was fine for a short period.

Today I'm headed out to yoga class in a bit. I'll try doing some planking and stuff tonight, but sometimes yoga works over those muscles pretty well.

Tomorrow will be a big long run.

• Like 9

On 7/27/2019 at 11:09 AM, Kestrel Grey said:

Did you get any time for beach lounging?

Not really, but that was ok. The work we did was pretty enjoyable. I did get to have lunch at a fancy spa-like place. That was fun, but mostly because I got to spend time with my friend/colleague. The food was good (supposedly ahi poke bowl, but didn't have the right seasoning in my book) but I wished there was about twice as much of it.

• Like 2

I'm wrapping this up, even though I technically might do a bit more today.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:40 PM, Xena said:

1. Run 100 miles (4 week goal). I'm working with a coach, so I mostly just do what he tells me. It should work out over 100 miles. If I do cardio cross-training, I'm also allowed to count that (1 mile/10 min) up to a total of 25 miles per week (running plus cross training). I can only count more than 25 miles for the week if it is all running.

Got 15.7 miles today bringing me to 114 miles for the challenge. It's been a tough stretch with all the heat. I'm relieved today was a more reasonable temperature.

2. 60 min plank and 3 sessions of Ab Ripper (Start in zero week, take as long as I need, no deadline). The plank can be broken up as much as needed into segments of at least 30 seconds. Last time I did this, it took me about 9 weeks. This time I'll aim for much shorter. I added the Ab ripper this time to force myself to do more than just planking. I'm also adding a new restriction. Each day that I do planking, I have to do include some variations (3 leg raises on each side, or 10 "rainbows" or 10 "back and forth").

I'm up to 44:30 of planking and 2/3 ab ripper sessions done. I slacked last week while traveling. I'm going to try hard to finish this up during zero week (so I can start it again obviously)

3. 16 days under 2300 calories. I'm going to start this in zero week and skip the week of July 22 (will be traveling).

Yep, finished this last week. It's a goal that works pretty well for me. I'm going to sort of take zero week off...I'll still track the days I can, but I'm not going to tie it into a challenge goal.

4. Mobility 3x per week (at least 10 min), best 4 weeks out of 5. So I'll start in zero week and run through the end of the challenge. Success will be meeting this goal for at least 4 of the 5 weeks.

I finished this one up last week too. Honestly it hasn't worked out all that well. It pretty much always felt like something I didn't want to do. I need to figure out a way to make it an easier fit into my routines.

I also have some leftover goals:

1. 99 pushups (no deadline): The original goal was 100/200/100 knee/negative/full pushups. At time of writing (Sat 6/22), I've done almost all the knee and negatives (95/163/1). I should have just full pushups left by the time this challenge officially kicks off.

Yeah, I was really gaining steam on this, but then I slacked while traveling . I'm up to 32/100 and will get back to it this week.

2. Sushi list (no deadline): I started with a list of 10 tasks. When I finish it I get to treat myself to a couple of sushi rolls. At time of writing I have 5 things left. Exciting things like cleaning all the refrigerator shelves, making a will, and moving a whole bunch of computer files from one cloud-based account to another.

I basically have two things left to do...I had it down to one, but have re-evaluated. I got thrown off course by the sudden death of my computer. I'll work on this stuff today. Gotta get it done because the chores are piling up and I really need to make a new sushi list! I don't want to do a bunch of dreaded tasks without being rewarded.

TL:DR Decent challenge. I'm happy I improved a lot on pushups, but now I gotta start doing them again. Because my coffee maker sucks. Yesterday the water level indicator even stopped working. Not sure why that is. I think it's supposed to float...because physics. So either something is jammed or gummed up or deflated. OR my crappy coffee maker actually contains some kind of mystical chamber where the laws of gravity don't apply. Probably the latter. If I could figure out how to harness that power for good (or personal gain) I wouldn't be so eager to throw the darned thing out.

• Like 6

Looks to me that you've done pretty great. The Scouts are lucky that you've found your way here.

18 minutes ago, Xena said:

OR my crappy coffee maker actually contains some kind of mystical chamber where the laws of gravity don't apply. Probably the latter. If I could figure out how to harness that power for good (or personal gain) I wouldn't be so eager to throw the darned thing out.

You seem to be driving your kitchen appliances up to their very hedge. My bet is it's long passed and is only doing coffee anymore because of some manifestation of the afterlife. The lack of floating is just a manifestation of the lack of body functions of late deceased Mr. Coffeemaker. May his soul inhabit his old carcass and serve ectoplasmic coffee for as long as you'll be doing your pushup challenge.

• Haha 1

So impressed with what you always manage to do while gone! You went from 1 to 32 pushups in one challenge! That is majorly impressive. Not to mention the other goals that you did well in.

We won't talk about mobility, or the mobility of your coffee maker (while I quickly check and thank my coffee maker for working and spewing out the magic brew).

• Like 1

Yay for another successful challenge!

Working in Bermuda sounds like fun. I'm glad you gave yourself some slack on doing your workouts while you were travelling.

Well done! Good challenge results :encouragement:

Mobility is so hard to be consistent with, I hear ya on that one. 

• Like 1