• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Tarly

Brogo is Rocky part I

Ugh! Finally done.

Link to my project.

https://dataplatform.cloud.ibm.com/analytics/notebooks/v2/4cbff17a-6e1f-4374-8007-63d47612a601/view?access_token=e11172eca42c8420861fe67ecd9d12a94025bc7760a0a7a74a82fec809f6f373

Addit:

FML. Now that I've graded two others' assignment:

1) I made things way more complicated than necessary (as usual). Fuck me for actually trying to optimize the models. The others' assignments and the example answers did not go this far into depth.

2) From the others' assignment, one skipped a couple questions, the other didn't share their code at all (i.e. they don't know how the share settings work). -- so I feel better about the work I did since I at least did all the work and can properly share a notebook.

3) I'm a better programmer and scientist than I think.

• Like 4

On 7/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, scalyfreak said:

There are only three Rocky movies, by the way. Do not believe the internet if it tries to tell you otherwise. (There are also no sequels to the Matrix. There was only ever one Matrix movie.)

I like to think there's only the original 3 Star Wars movies, too :) 

Though I don't say no the Adam Driver addition. And it was nice to see the original gang again, even if not all together.

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

FML. Now that I've graded two others' assignment:

1) I made things way more complicated than necessary (as usual). Fuck me for actually trying to optimize the models. The others' assignments and the example answers did not go this far into depth.

2) From the others' assignment, one skipped a couple questions, the other didn't share their code at all (i.e. they don't know how the share settings work). -- so I feel better about the work I did since I at least did all the work and can properly share a notebook.

3) I'm a better programmer and scientist than I think.

It's a wonderful feeling to see how you stack up. Me after every homework assignment or embarking on a new group project. F group projects.

• Like 1

Okay... Lifting Program -- Finally let's get this organized and set a schedule

Workout A -- Monday Evening

Deadlift 1x3

Dips 3x3

Leg Raises 3x10

Stretch Session -- Tuesday Evening

>= 15 min. (Stretch/yoga poses)

Workout B -- Wednesday Evening

Chinup 3x1

Front Squat 3x3

Ab Crunch(vars) 3x10

Stretch Session -- Thursday Evening

>= 15 min. (Stretch/yoga poses)

Workout C -- Friday Evening (or Saturday)

Press 3x3

Row 3x10

Russian Twist 3x10

Morning Warmup -- Mon-Fri Morning

Kung Fu warmup or yoga sun salutation

AMRAP x (BW squats,  pushups,  chinups) or (KB swing, clean, squat, press)

1 AB exercise: rotate through ( plank, superman, side plank)

1 extra Paulie point for each workout and/or morning warmup, +2 bonus if I do all ten workouts + stretch sessions + morning warmups this week.

• Like 2

WAIT!

I changed my mind.

Mickey points for the workouts.

Adrian points for anything creative: playing guitar, painting/drawing, cooking a new recipe

Paulie is for checking things off my "TO-DO" list if it ever starts existing.

I am probably drinking way too much caffeine and listening to too much electronica...

• Like 3

Still got it!

262a0875d79d736d87043154e26e180657f6c882

I spent my afternoon and evening working on developing a synth wave generator using python. Above is the result of my model of an ADSR envelope.

Yay Algebra!

That was after I wrote 250 lines of code developing a module that generates sine waves in a harmonic series, then applies the ADSR to the amplitudes as a function of time.

Yay Coffee!

tumblr_puaw39C0oG1ugai4oo1_400.png

Still just flirting with 250. But note that most of my new lows come after peaks.

• Like 4

On 7/5/2019 at 6:04 PM, Curl Brogo said:

What else is there to listen to when programming?

I'm so glad you asked, even if it was facetious. I know you've pretty much got the chill/synthwave/vaporwave scene down, and who knows, maybe you're into even more of the same stuff as I am beyond that, BUT I am going to post this up because 1) it's new 2) it's a mix from one of, if not my favorite musical group of all time, and 3) it's good programming music (even if it does have a few more vocals than I generally like for coding). It skews a little more towards the esoteric and lo-fi, but it has a retro charm similar in some ways to the synthwave stuff.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Still got it!

262a0875d79d736d87043154e26e180657f6c882

Arghhhhhh, algebra. I'm glad there are other people to do this, because my character has a tendency to suffer catastrophic morale failure when faced with mathematics. 

• Like 1

Workout A -- Monday Evening

Deadlift 1x3: 125# 3,  155# 3,  205# 3,

Dips 3x3: 3, 3, 3

Leg Raises 3x10: 10, 10, 10

Evening workout done. +2 Mickey marks.

Went grocery shopping today: +1 Paulie point

Without doubt, I will practice some guitar and work on my synthwave generator: +1 Adrian achievement award

BTW:

Dairy is back on the menu. If it becomes a problem, it'll come off again, but I need some cheese in my lyfe. I'm gonna try to restrict it to small quantities of low fat varieties (because it tends to be higher in saturated fat)

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Curl Brogo said:

BTW:

Dairy is back on the menu. If it becomes a problem, it'll come off again, but I need some cheese in my lyfe. I'm gonna try to restrict it to small quantities of low fat varieties (because it tends to be higher in saturated fat)

There is such a thing as low fat cheese? I mean, apart from cottage cheese, which hardly counts as cheese? I thought the whole purpose of cheese was to be flavour suspended in fat.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

I'm so glad you asked, even if it was facetious. I know you've pretty much got the chill/synthwave/vaporwave scene down, and who knows, maybe you're into even more of the same stuff as I am beyond that, BUT I am going to post this up because 1) it's new 2) it's a mix from one of, if not my favorite musical group of all time, and 3) it's good programming music (even if it does have a few more vocals than I generally like for coding). It skews a little more towards the esoteric and lo-fi, but it has a retro charm similar in some ways to the synthwave stuff.

Definitely eccentric/esoteric... not done with the mix yet.

Some of this so far reminds me a lot of a google play radio staion I really like called "Scandinavian Stargazing" which has a lot of 'experimental rock', indie with electronics along with contemporary Scandinavian composers who mix electronica with classical/traditional instruments and forms... but this is quite lofi by comparison.

I'd hardly say I've got "the scene" down, but I know where to find it when I need it. I first found out about vaporwave through this video...

I think I like vaporwave as a way to disrespect bad commercial pop music... slow it down, edit, and distort it, then "piss" all over it with stock audio samples and cheezy melodies or effects or whatever the fuck.

17 minutes ago, Harriet said:

There is such a thing as low fat cheese? I mean, apart from cottage cheese, which hardly counts as cheese? I thought the whole purpose of cheese was to be flavour suspended in fat.

Flavor suspended in fat and protein... sometimes companies find a way to remove some of the fat.

Cheese is one of the foods I can’t really eat, but I LOVE SO MUCH that I’ve spent a lifetime to the study of how much cheese can I really get away with?* and then eat JUST A LITTLE MORE THAN THAT.

:D

Enjoy your cheese, my friend! I can’t wait to hear all your cheesy tales!

*The answer is about a slice every other day. Sometimes less

• Like 2

Cheese is good. Coding is good. Music is good.

If you do ever want another rabbit hole to go down for coding music, just look up Warp Records. If you're familiar with Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Brian Eno, Squarepusher, and stuff like that, they are all on this label (the mix I posted was for an 'online music festival' celebrating that label's 30th anniversary a few weeks back). It's easily my favorite label in the world. Most of the artists are primarily instrumental, good weird, and ranging from chill to pretty wild. Like Danny Brown is also on this label so ya know, there's a range.

• Like 2

Weighed in at 249.8 lbs this morning. That's a new low for this run on ketosis. And I'm beyond flirting with 250. This is basically like getting to first base with 250.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

And I'm beyond flirting with 250. This is basically like getting to first base with 250.

Cheering you on for AT LEAST a ground rule double. You feel up that 250 real nice now, you hear?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday and Today:

Mickey: 3 + 2 = 5

Yesterday I both my morning warmup and evening stretch. I woke up late and rushed out the door, then just forgot in the evening. Today I attemped my 'Workout B' consisting of Chinups and Front squats and crunches or something. I did 3 negative chinups, then when I attempted the first work set of front squats at 135# I couldn't clean the bar to position. I then did one set of 3 @ 115#. Cleaning that made me tipsy so I called it a day.

Cleaning 135#, let alone 115# should have been a breeze. I do not have the power I did before keto. And, my recovery is super slow and shitty. I am going to attempt my third workout, press and rows and see how that goes. Then this weekend I'm going to plan out a targeted ketogenic diet protocol (small dose of carbs before and after workouts).

Adrian: 4 + 2 =  6

Getting myself to play guitar is not hard.

Paulie: 4 + 0 = 4

There's not anything on my (non-existent) to-do list right now. On Sunday morning I promised to go to church with my Mom. I'm not into it but I promised her I'd go as a Mother's Day present kind of thing.

• Like 7