• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mom2sjm

mom2sjm heads to Hotlanta

Image result for hotlanta

Heading to Hotlanta in three weeks for a wedding.  Do not want to pack all the shapewear things.  Plus it's time to start losing that freshman 15 I gained this school year.  So while I know I'm not losing 15 pounds during this challenge it would be awesome to lose 5.  Here's my plan:

1. Log all the food. 
    • 1xp paper journal
    • 1xp myfitnesspal
  2. Morning walk. 
    • 1xp 30 minutes
    • 2xp BONUS:  30 minutes at the gym (easy cardio)
  3. Sleep.
    • 1xp in bed by 10pm
    • 1xp BONUS:  screen curfew 9pm

I feel like the goals are good and these efforts will help me lose weight.   Slowing down, keeping things simple, reducing stress.  Same goals as last time which didn't end up being as successful as I was hoping (only lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks) but my investment in the previous challenge was low.  It was the end of the school year and I was prioritizing my kids (students).  This round, I'm prioritizing...

Image result for it's all about me gif

• Like 1

Good luck on the challenge! 

Pack light on the trip, it's been a hot summer and it's only June. 

• Like 1

Pack layers! In case the air conditioners are all on overdrive to compensate for the heat and you can't handle 30 degree temperature differentials like me. 

• Like 2

Solid approach and strategy. 5# is kind of a lot if you are starting at as low of a weight as you are, but get after it. :)

• Like 1

Week 1

26 points for the week

I did really good with the journaling and my eating wasn't too terrible.  I made 9 bad choices but even then there weren't so terrible like I identified my lunch on friday as a bad choice because it was summer squash soup and I have no idea what was in there since I bought it. 

I walked 6 out of the 7 days.  No gym points though because I've lost my gym membership!!  I would be sad but my son left the proclub because he got an IT job so that makes me happy.  but no more gym so it's just walking going forward.

sleep was not super great.  I'm taking a class right now for my teaching certificate and it's been keeping me up, some tossing and turning as I'm thinking about my work load and ideas.  I'll be done this week though so hopefully my brain will calm down and go on summer break mode.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mom2sjm said:

I identified my lunch on friday as a bad choice because it was summer squash soup and I have no idea what was in there since I bought it. 

That seems kind of harsh.  Maybe not a good choice, but seems like it should at least be neutral

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That seems kind of harsh.  Maybe not a good choice, but seems like it should at least be neutral

I know.  It is harsh.  Since my challenge has a weight loss focus I'm trying to keep my meals super simple.  meat/eggs, veggies, water.  also trying to mostly eat at home instead of going out. 

I'm circling things in my journal as a bad choice if it's not meat/eggs & veggies at home or if my meal was eaten out.  Loads of things I've circled are actually healthy - or neutral :).  Calling it bad is more for me to see if I'm being disciplined to keeping things simple than a judgement. 

so nine "bad choices" tells me I'm still eating out quite a bit more than I should be if I want to drop a couple of pounds this challenge.  

• Like 2

On 7/1/2019 at 1:23 AM, mom2sjm said:

sleep was not super great.  I'm taking a class right now for my teaching certificate and it's been keeping me up, some tossing and turning as I'm thinking about my work load and ideas.  I'll be done this week though so hopefully my brain will calm down and go on summer break mode.

Good luck, hope the sleep quality improves, and grats on finishing the class. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mom2sjm said:

so no change in the weight but the body fat is moving in the right direction...

Packing on those muscles...

• Haha 1

Week 2 recap

Finished my zoo class and earned 30 clock hours.  Yay!  (plus lots of walking so exercise - check!)

Over ate on the 4th.  Boo!  (I did record it all though so points for accountability.)

Binged Stranger Things season 3.  And then re-binged 1 and 2 for reminder.  And then season 3 AGAIN.  so much strange... (not great for sleep but it was worth it - don't worry, no spoilers!)

Results:  21 points

th?id=OIF.CqZ%2fW8ClfUNb2xloQKniWA&pid=Api&P=0&w=374&h=187

• Like 3

Image result for weigh myself meme

136lbs

29% body fat

the weight loss makes be happy but the non-shift in the body fat lets me know I'm not in fat burn.  really need to tighten up my eating.  the key here I think is more veggies!!  specifically, whole veggies that I cut/prepare myself.  I've been doing lots of the frozen prepared veggie side dishes, for example:

Pinnacle Foods Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made Pasta, 10 oz 

This stuff may be fine for later but when I'm trying to lose weight, I think, stick with the spaghetti squash!

so that's the goal for the rest of the week. 

Image result for veggies meme

• Like 3

On 7/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, mom2sjm said:

Binged Stranger Things season 3.  And then re-binged 1 and 2 for reminder.  And then season 3 AGAIN.  so much strange... (not great for sleep but it was worth it - don't worry, no spoilers!)

Holy cow, how do you have time to do that???  I cancelled Netflix, and the deadline is looming (7/18) for us to finish just watching the rest of ST and Jessica Jones... I fear we won't finish and I'll have to re-up my subscription again.  Wait a minute, I'm going to have to when GLOW comes out again anyway.  Sigh.  

Yes, eat more veggies is on my challenge for the month too.  It's hard!  But it seems like you're doing a pretty good job at it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mediaguy99 said:

Holy cow, how do you have time to do that???  I cancelled Netflix, and the deadline is looming (7/18) for us to finish just watching the rest of ST and Jessica Jones...

I just started Jessica Jones!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Week 3 recap
22 points

image.jpeg.26ff997f961d312082d06000aa14edd5.jpeg

Did good on recording my food.  Ate better this week but still waaaay too many nuts.  Like 170-680 calories worth of nuts in a day, depending on the day.  I'm really trying to kill this habit. On my to-do list when I get back from Atlanta:  buy pickles!!  might fill my salt craving which I was satisfying first with cheese and now with nuts.

Exercise:  not good.  4 walks total this week

Sleep:  not good.  too much netflix. 

I'm watching too much netflix because I'm avoiding prepping for this trip to hotlanta.  my closet is filled with clothes that don't fit me.  I should buy some new things but I keep putting off shopping "until I lose the weight."  And now I'm stressed out about how I'm going to look in Atlanta because I'm 15 pounds overweight and all my clothes are too tight.  Argh!!  Avoidance is stupid because my clothes are still too tight but i leave Tuesday.  I need to feel comfy in Atlanta because it's going to be hot so my normal layering strategy to hide my fat isn't going to work.  So.  The plan.  I'm going to be a big girl tomorrow (in more ways than one) and go to the mall and buy a couple things that fit me.  

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 12:33 PM, Manarelle said:
20 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Did you get some clothes? 

I did!  I went up a pants size but there you go.  I also bought a bunch of spanx :)

On 7/15/2019 at 8:50 AM, raptron said:

Hope you have a good shopping experience! Clothes that fit are much less stressful! 

It wasn't too painful.  Plus I had a bunch of gift cards so I didn't put much on our credit cards which makes the husband unit happy!

Clothes buying so such a pain in the tail, but definitely worth feeling comfy in your clothes. Hope you had a worthwhile hunt. 

I found a dress to wear to the wedding and then I can wear it again for back to school night so that made me happy!

• Like 2

image.jpeg.c3faaa8636e773605f6a36afe587f912.jpeg

133.5lbs
28% body fat

things continue to move in the right direction. 

I leave for Atlanta tonight with some new clothes and yes, I had to pack all my shapewear, but I'm feeling confident.  As for my longer term weight loss goal,  I have a plan for eating in ATL.  Don't stress, little bites of things won't kill me, load the veggies whenever possible, and one and done for alcohol if I decide to indulge (I've got my water bottle!!).  The goal for this trip is to maintain.  And then I'll get back to it.  Won't have my laptop with me so I'll see y'all when I get back!

• Like 1