• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

h3r0

H3r0 Earns Some Skill Badges

Name: h3r0

Class: Rogue 

Level: 1

Skills: ? 

Hiro, hero for hire. Ruthless, intelligent, efficient. You have an impossible problem, then he's the man to call. Slim, trim, cocky grin, completely self contained and self assured.

He stays in peak physical condition through training and daily activity. His body looks like it was carved out of wood, strong and capable, lean and hard, without bulk, but flexible and defined.

He has more than enough energy to run, jump, and play all day, with energy to burn, never stopping and never quitting until he is done.

------------------------------

JULY CHALLENGE 

I had a great challenge last month and picked up some Stat points but I don't have any skill badges. How can I get my lowly rogue to level 2 without some kick ass skills? 

Overall goal is to earn some skills and level up. Let's count them off. 

#1 Athletics

I have recently discovered the joy of early morning workouts and how much fun kettlebell training can be, with a barbell chaser. I plan to train every other day with Saturday as a off day. 

#2 Acrobatics

On the other days I will be doing some mobility work with Saturday as a off day. 

#3 Stealth 

It's a sad rogue that can't sneak around. I have trimmed up noticeably the last six weeks but have a little bit more to go. Continue with the nerd fitness diet progression and target a cut of 500 kcal a day. 

#4 Deception

I want to grow a beard. No real reason except that I have never had one before in my entire life. Not sure if it will make me look rugged or like a patchy wierd homeless guy. We will find out. Already on the second day of not shaving and it is already starting to get itchy so this will be a challenge. 

nick-sinclair-buckaroofront-a-web.jpg

• Like 2

latest?cb=20101012164833

Mobility workout this morning. It has been several days since I have done one and I could really tell. Got to keep the hips open. 

First day at work with some major scruff. No one has said anything yet but it is only a matter of time. 

59 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Looks like a great challenge!  Following along :) 

Thanks! This should be fun.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mom2sjm said:

Image result for growing a beard meme

Hahahahahha I love it! 

Can you believe that nobody said anything to me about all this stuff on my face at work? It's definitely in the awkward stage of not yet a beard and not stubble anymore, it's just hair on my face. I work with 99% men so maybe that is why but I expected at least one comment saying, dude what are you doing? 

• Like 1

58729924_133004647870853_350785676929757

Good training session this morning. Two rounds of KB and some presses and rows thrown in for good measure. Feel good afterwards. 

Only a 100 kcal deficit yesterday but didn't go over. 

I cleaned up my neckline last night and my scruff looks better. More like I did this on purpose and less like a hobo. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Can you believe that nobody said anything to me about all this stuff on my face at work? It's definitely in the awkward stage of not yet a beard and not stubble anymore, it's just hair on my face.

Ha not easy, my husband went through that and it takes a while to get a nice shape. His hair is also a bit rebellious, so he has a hard time maintaining the shape he wants. Beards are not easy to grow, it's real work from what I can witness!

7 hours ago, @mu said:

Ha not easy, my husband went through that and it takes a while to get a nice shape. His hair is also a bit rebellious, so he has a hard time maintaining the shape he wants. Beards are not easy to grow, it's real work from what I can witness!

Going to be extra work it seems. My wife has already asked me twice today when I am going to shave. 

tumblr_n3kyz9zn7B1rlwpsao1_r1_1280.gif

Mobility workout this morning. It is getting easier. I've been stuck on this one workout because it focuses on hip opening and I really like it but I think I might need to try a different one just for a change. 

Came just under my calorie target for yesterday. Although I am not always confident in the fitbit calorie count, but I figured it will come out in the wash over time. 

The beard is coming in good. Nothing patchy so far, just needs to fill out. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, h3r0 said:

Not sure if it will make me look rugged or like a patchy wierd homeless guy

I tried growing a beard a few challenges ago but it definitely came out looking like the latter.  After discussion with Ghostess, we both very happily came to the conclusion that I will remain beardless :) 

3701596-2458726879-tumbl.gif

I woke up 5 minutes before my alarm wide awake so I had a little extra time this morning to train. Spent the few extra minutes on a longer warmup and a bit more rest time between sets. 

Excellent training this morning. Two rounds of KB complex, some presses and rows, and one set of BB close grip. After a shower I felt amazing. 

Under shot my calorie target by 200 kcal yesterday, but again is only a close estimate. Too early to tell if I am still losing weight or not. 

I'm developing a love hate relationship with my semi beard. It's kind of fun but I have already considered shaving already. Little itchy and patience is a virtue. 

• Like 1

PreciousCourageousHatchetfish-size_restr

I woke up a full half hour before my alarm was scheduled to go off. I keep going to bed earlier to get more sleep but instead I just wake up earlier and get the same amount. 

Did a extra long mobility workout today. After the week of training I really needed it. 

Tomorrow is a off day and I am going to try and focus on getting more sleep. 

• Like 1

assassins-sleep-after-all-these-sequels-

I of course woke up at 5:30 and forced myself to go back to sleep. I ended up sleeping for eight and a half hours! So nice. 

I wanted to mow the grass today but rain killed that plan. Other than a walk I did nothing today and over ate on top of it. Was a good off day. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Early morning training. Two rounds of KB complex, two rounds of presses, and two sets of close grip bench with a barbell. I was planning on hitting it harder today but held back a bit because of higher than normal blood sugar. Over eating yesterday was not without consequences. 

My dad was visiting and after he left I finally got the yard work done that I have been trying to do all week. Mowed, edged, and trimmed up bushes and trees. Fitbit says that I burned 800 calories. 

My food today was top shelf. Eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. We had biscuits but I abstained as part of my no / low carb breakfast choice. Small bit of sushi for lunch and grilled some fish steaks for dinner. The wife and I enjoyed a beer with the outlaw County play list while I grilled. 

Enough left over for a tasty lunch tomorrow at work. 

• Like 1

I think I am going to shave. I like the look of what I have going on but it is uncomfortable and itchy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, h3r0 said:

I think I am going to shave. I like the look of what I have going on but it is uncomfortable and itchy. 

Have you tried getting a good beard oil? It can help soften the scruff and moisturize the skin to make it less itchy. Also, try exfoliating. When growing out hair, sometimes dead skin and old skin oils can get trapped in the follicle making it uncomfortable and itchy. 

14 hours ago, ohlemontine said:

Have you tried getting a good beard oil? It can help soften the scruff and moisturize the skin to make it less itchy. Also, try exfoliating. When growing out hair, sometimes dead skin and old skin oils can get trapped in the follicle making it uncomfortable and itchy. 

Thanks. Yes I tried the beard oil and it really helped but wasn't a complete solution. I probably could have struggled through but my wife wasn't a fan of the beard either so I shaved it off. 

• Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0jbcMalPidU7Ko1tqToA

Was dragging a little bit this morning so took it easy. Two rounds of KB complex, presses, and single set of BB close grip. Increased the number of reps on the complex. 

Was under target by 200 kcal yesterday. 

Beard is gone. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ohlemontine said:

Well bummer it didnt work out, but hurray for trying something new ^_^

Thanks! I didn't have a real emotional attachment to the goal or the actual beard. It's was a whim and I just wanted to see what I would look like with one which I accomplished. 

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oeh someone lifting bells!

Do you at least wake up well rested when you wake before your alarm? 

I am enjoying the kettlebell training. It's new for me, usually it is barbell or bodyweight, but I like how I can get a killer workout in a very short period of time. Plus I am starting to see results in my shoulders and upper back. 

Ummm yes? I definitely feel more alert quicker, but is my body saying that is all the sleep I need or is it just because I am waking up on my own and not a alarm? IDK

• Like 1

17 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Thanks. Yes I tried the beard oil and it really helped but wasn't a complete solution. I probably could have struggled through but my wife wasn't a fan of the beard either so I shaved it off. 

That was basically how things ended for mine as well.  Not very comfortable,  doesn't look great, and negative feedback from the wife made it pretty much a no-brainer