• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rinna

So long and thanks for all the fish.....Rinna trips the light fantastic.

Hey. It sounded good in my sleep-addled mind Friday night.......

epi06h.jpg

icppfp.jpg

Last challenge I gave  things up. Soda was the big one.  I managed 5 weeks without one.  Sweets was the other.  Not as successful, but still a win. Now I want to keep this up, and get back to exercising regularly.  I have also decided to stop intermittent fasting.  It just wasn’t working for me.  I found myself eating way too much in the evening, due to being so hungry.  I had better results with tracking and watching what I stuffed in my face. 

I am 48 years old.  I’m pretty sure I’m undergoing global warming (my term for peri-menopause) which is wreaking havoc on my system.  Not sleeping well, odd mood swings, etc.  I need to get myself in check before it’s too late.  I feel old, ugly, fat and unattractive.  Most of this negativity is in my head.  It’s like reverse dysmorphia, if that’s a thing.  I’m a little overweight, but I see the 400lb fat woman from the circus in the mirror.  I’d really like the fix this.  I know I can, all I have to do, is IT. 

But I get so apathetic.  And lazy.  It’s just so much easier to not.

Rolling over  from last time:

M:  Yoga, walk

T: BBW, walk

W: Yoga, walk

Th: BBW, walk

F: Yoga, walk

I really wish bullying helped.  I’d let you all go to town. Sympathy doesn’t seem to work either. I’m open to ideas, frenz. Anyone got any?

I forgot to add that I’ll be tracking calories again.  I did better with that.....

• Like 2

Love that term for perimenopause- Global warming. Having come out the other side- finally- hurray- I will encourage you that you are doing well. It is super hard to stay with it when you have mood swings, and don't sleep well. But don't give up, just keep at it.  Then really when you finally make it through, you will have established some good habits and it does get a lot easier . Maybe for now you can treat yourself to some new clothes or haircut?  For me , going to a regular hair stylist, and buying new clothes really helped with the "I'm just a frump" feeling. 

9 hours ago, Rinna said:

I really wish bullying helped.  I’d let you all go to town. Sympathy doesn’t seem to work either. I’m open to ideas, frenz. Anyone got any?

Bribery and Coaxing, perhaps? *auto salesman voice* for the exorbitant price of DOING THINGS YOU DON'T WANNA, you get to say "I DID THE THING I DIDN'T WANNA", for a limited time only DO THE THING and get BRAGGING RIGHTS, that's RIGHT! Tell all your friends what a BADASS YOU ARE. But wait! There's more! Do some exercise (fun? sucky? doesn't matter- it's all approved!) And get Endorphins for FREE! but WAIT THERE IS STILL MORE. Sign up and subscribe for four weeks, that's right, just four weeks, and you'll receive an extra additional package of REALIZING YOU'VE GOTTEN HECKIN STRONG. SIGN UP TODAY AND

9 hours ago, Rinna said:

I feel old, ugly, fat and unattractive.

If it helps at all, perception of these things is pretty variable. One person's standards of 'fat' might be another person's standards of 'just right' and another's standards of 'thin' might be what someone else thinks is fat. Also, there are people all over the internet thirsting over that Pennywise Clown, the new Venom, Detective Pikachu, and Hermaeus Mora so i mean. I don't think there is a standard for just flat-out, 100% 'unattractive'. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Love that term for perimenopause- Global warming. Having come out the other side- finally- hurray- I will encourage you that you are doing well. It is super hard to stay with it when you have mood swings, and don't sleep well. But don't give up, just keep at it.  Then really when you finally make it through, you will have established some good habits and it does get a lot easier . Maybe for now you can treat yourself to some new clothes or haircut?  For me , going to a regular hair stylist, and buying new clothes really helped with the "I'm just a frump" feeling. 

But you see, all the clothes make me took horrible!  It’s also shark week (after being a week late, at least I knew I didn’t need to worry) and nothing makes me happy, you see.

32 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

Bribery and Coaxing, perhaps?

Nope.  Doan work either.

And get Endorphins for FREE!

Endophins? What are these endorphins you speak of?  I’ve never met them...... ;) 

Also, there are people all over the internet thirsting over that Pennywise Clown, the new Venom, Detective Pikachu, and Hermaeus Mora

That’s just.......wrong.  And creepy.  And wrong. :D 

This week will be ..... harder due to shark week, bloat and pms.  But dammit, I have a wedding to plan (eek!) and none of my dresses fit :( .  So I gotta do something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

But you see, all the clothes make me took horrible!  It’s also shark week (after being a week late, at least I knew I didn’t need to worry) and nothing makes me happy, you see.

Sorry, that's an awful feeling. DON"T go shopping on shark week. Take a deep breath, relize that right now your hormones are sending your emotions  weird and untrue emotions. Next week, take a look at your body and give thanks for all the wonderful things it can do and has done , and then go clothes shopping. True, you may not look like those gorgeous gals in their  perfect  Instagram photos, but I bet in a new dress you look reasonably attractive  (this is what I remind myself- I'm not gorgeous, but I am healthy and I look  pleasantly average :smile-new:)

Yesterday went well.  Got most of my stuff done around the house, and got a workout in.  Did hip stretches before bed. 

Today started out good.  Once again I got most of my housework done. Did not get a workout in.  Everything was good until hubby got snappish while grouting the kitchen.  Apparently I was “hovering like a waitress, checking if he needed anything.” , and he ran out of grout.  My feelings got a wee bit hurt, plus PMSing here.  That makes me über sensitive.  I’m working past it, so things are getting better.  He did apologize for being snappy.  I managed to overeat today by quite a bit, which is a bummer.  I’ll have to trim back, and just get used to it.

Playlist for today:

9 to 5 - Dolly Parton

Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley

Mother - Danzig

Figured You Out - Nickelback

You Keep me Hangin’ On - The Surpreme’s

• Like 2

We recently decided to start slowly updating our home.  We began with the kitchen, since we didn’t know how old my jenn air cooktop was, and it was slowly falling apart.  The burner on button disappeared into the depths, the fan no longer worked, and the burners only had one setting, high.  No matter where you set it.  When we went to pick a new cooktop, we discovered we could get a free standing stove/oven for the price of a cooktop.  Delivery in 10 days. So we ripped out the counter a few days before in anticipation of the new one coming.  D day arrives.  The delivery dudes refused to bring the truck up our driveway.  Said the trees would scratch the truck. Our options were re-delivery or hauling up to the house ourself.  We hauled (with their dolly).  It then took another 10 days to get someone else out to install the stove & haul away the old fridge.  (Oh yeah, we ordered a new fridge, so that all the appliances would match).  So now I have my new stuff, and we decided to tile behind the stove for easier cleaning.  Today I finished grouting the tile.  Hubby did the lions share, but we ran out of grout Tuesday.  Today I finished, so he could have a break.  

Anyway I guess I’m trying to say I’ve been busy doing other stuff, plus the weather hasn’t been cooperating, so I’ve not gotten much exercising done.  Yesterday and today were better calorie wise, but still need work.  I will work on it.  I promise.  :) 

• Like 2

Yesterday kicked my ass.  We helped an older couple split and stack about 3 cords of wood (that’s a pile 4’ x 4’ x 8’, for those of you who don’t know).  It took 6 of us (3 couples) 4 1/2 hours. The boys split, the girls hauled until the splitting was done, then we all hauled & stacked til it was done. I feel beat up today.  I managed to trip in a hole, drop a log on my food (actually, someone else dropped it on my foot) and get a sunburn.  But despite the hard work, it was a good day of fellowship with friends.

I am sad because l had to delete my account on my favorite knitting site.  They implemented a new policy that I just couldn’t support.  If I choose to support  the current President, I would be labeled a racist and white supremacist. They would ban me for ANY mention, post, pattern relating to or supporting him.  But they don’t ban any mention of anyone else.  They state it’s to include everyone.  How can you include everyone when you exclude some?  Or say “you can be here, but sit down and shut up”?  This policy made me sad, it used to be a welcoming community.  Oh well.  I’ll have to find my patterns elsewhere I suppose.  

Today starts week one.  I really want to do better, so I’ll try, try, try and we’ll see.  I definitely need to do some yoga to ease my stiff self.  I also need to finish scraping off the grout haze (no! Don’t make me!) at some point so ai can put my kitchen back to rights.

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

Yesterday kicked my ass.  We helped an older couple split and stack about 3 cords of wood (that’s a pile 4’ x 4’ x 8’, for those of you who don’t know).  It took 6 of us (3 couples) 4 1/2 hours. The boys split, the girls hauled until the splitting was done, then we all hauled & stacked til it was done. I feel beat up today.  I managed to trip in a hole, drop a log on my food (actually, someone else dropped it on my foot) and get a sunburn.  But despite the hard work, it was a good day of fellowship with friends.

I am sad because l had to delete my account on my favorite knitting site.  They implemented a new policy that I just couldn’t support.  If I choose to support  the current President, I would be labeled a racist and white supremacist. They would ban me for ANY mention, post, pattern relating to or supporting him.  But they don’t ban any mention of anyone else.  They state it’s to include everyone.  How can you include everyone when you exclude some?  Or say “you can be here, but sit down and shut up”?  This policy made me sad, it used to be a welcoming community.  Oh well.  I’ll have to find my patterns elsewhere I suppose.  

Today starts week one.  I really want to do better, so I’ll try, try, try and we’ll see.  I definitely need to do some yoga to ease my stiff self.  I also need to finish scraping off the grout haze (no! Don’t make me!) at some point so ai can put my kitchen back to rights.

Congrats and woot for being strong  enough to help - very badass stacking wood! 

I read about that new policy on  the knitting site. I thought it was a pretty terrible policy .

On 6/24/2019 at 9:10 AM, Rinna said:

!  It’s also shark week (after being a week late, at least I knew I didn’t need to worry)

I am in exactly your spot - I just started getting irregular with my shark week about eight months ago - and I joked with a friend of mine the other day that the money I am saving on sanitary supplies I am spending on pregnancy tests, because I don’t want to make THAT mistake. 

14 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

I am in exactly your spot - I just started getting irregular with my shark week about eight months ago - and I joked with a friend of mine the other day that the money I am saving on sanitary supplies I am spending on pregnancy tests, because I don’t want to make THAT mistake. 

Trust me, that mistake ain’t happenin without an act from God.  At 48, gonna nope right out of that option. Nope, nope, noppity nope. ;)  

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 4:52 AM, Rinna said:

I have also decided to stop intermittent fasting.  It just wasn’t working for me.

Ever heard of IF 5:2? I did that for a whole year and it worked pretty good for me! Let me know if you are interested in it, i can tell you much about it.

4 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Ever heard of IF 5:2? I did that for a whole year and it worked pretty good for me! Let me know if you are interested in it, i can tell you much about it.

I’m interested.......

Well basically, it takes the Intermittent part of the fasting to 2 (non-connecting) days a week (hence the 5/2). For example, tuesday and thursday. Which leaves room for the weekend. I found it pretty easy, only hard time was during lunch on the fasting days.

I was used to not eating breakfast, i skipped lunch, and ate a 500 KCAL max dinner. 5/2 means 2 days a week of 500 KCAL max. Which should net you a reduction of about 3000 KCAL a week (almost half a pound of fat). I found it very sustainable.

https://vimeo.com/170735109

If you need to know specifics just ask!

39 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Well basically, it takes the Intermittent part of the fasting to 2 (non-connecting) days a week (hence the 5/2). For example, tuesday and thursday. Which leaves room for the weekend. I found it pretty easy, only hard time was during lunch on the fasting days.

I was used to not eating breakfast, i skipped lunch, and ate a 500 KCAL max dinner. 5/2 means 2 days a week of 500 KCAL max. Which should net you a reduction of about 3000 KCAL a week (almost half a pound of fat). I found it very sustainable.

https://vimeo.com/170735109

If you need to know specifics just ask!

Cool, thanks!