• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's twenty third challenge!

Thanks @TGP yes i do know it, but thank you for reminding me, it is easy to panic and forget!! I weigh myself every Saturday morning (if i remember) not each day, im not totally fixated on it...i know it will fluctuate. Im still down a pound from when i started, i lost 4lb in the first week. 

Im doing ok yeah, im going the gym more than i was doing, 2 a week mainly, 3 sometimes. I need to ensure the 3 a week happens. Even if life is busy....my gym is 24 hour so i can go early...need to just bloody DO IT!!!!

Hmmmm. I may change my bedding tonight, whilst i run a bath in a bit :) that may be nice! Hopefullly means i will sleep better too. x

• Like 4

idk

maybe this doen't help so VERY much

but really just remember : your pretty now!  Don't allow your weight to stand in for your beauty or value.

just a thought and surely Not as easy as it sounds.  many people feel very self conscious about their weight.

so ... no panic-ing please!   

anyways, tomarrow is your day with the coach, right?  tell us how thats going, if you get the chance.

are you learning lots? he/she was doing lots of kettlebell exercises, right?

are the exercises changing- or is it mostly the same??

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TGP said:

but really just remember : your pretty now!  Don't allow your weight to stand in for your beauty or value.

Thanks a lot. Yes im very conscious and quite hate myself and how i look :( ill try to think more positive... xx

9 hours ago, TGP said:

anyways, tomarrow is your day with the coach, right?  tell us how thats going, if you get the chance.

Yep! Today is with the coach, 1pm.  Its going well. He is good. We are generally just building a bit of a base up at the moment. 

Each week, the exercises change a little. 

Yeah using kettlebells to do swings, deadlifts and squats. Using the rower as well which i never have before. Ill write down what i do today, later on! x

• Like 3

Morning all. 6.30am, rain rain rain. Im so tired, i'm sleeping so badly at the moment. I had a nice hot bath before bed and i got off quite quickly, but then kept waking up during the night. Annoying. 

So yes, today i need to work on this application...and then go to the gym, practice self care, read, video work...eat well, drink water etc 

I need my bloody hair cutting. But i cant afford it at the moment :( im getting tattooed on Monday.... bleurgh. i should have got a hair cut instead!??

ANYWAY...things are ok i suppose! xx

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Thanks a lot. Yes im very conscious and quite hate myself and how i look :( ill try to think more positive... xx

I know you are,  I'd Flirt but I'm NOT rather sure at my age It would come all wrong and creepy-like

h64161194

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yep! Today is with the coach, 1pm.  Its going well. He is good. We are generally just building a bit of a base up at the moment. 

Each week, the exercises change a little. 

Yeah using kettlebells to do swings, deadlifts and squats. Using the rower as well which i never have before. Ill write down what i do today, later on! x

that would be interesting, Yes.

anyways, it seems very solid.   me and the rower have a special agreement.  I agree that, when I want a workout that feels close to the discomfort of having a tooth pulled, the rower guarentees that time will seem endless and that I will mentally pleading to get off and do anything Else in 2minutes flat!

so a BIG thumbs up for the rower.

doing THAT seems very hardcore...

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TGP said:

that would be interesting, Yes.

anyways, it seems very solid.   me and the rower have a special agreement.  I agree that, when I want a workout that feels close to the discomfort of having a tooth pulled, the rower guarentees that time will seem endless and that I will mentally pleading to get off and do anything Else in 2minutes flat!

so a BIG thumbs up for the rower.

doing THAT seems very hardcore...

I quite like the rower!! xx

11 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

Following to support, cheer and tell you how awesome you are!

THANKS Rho <3 hope you are well x

• Like 2

seriously though

did you find yourself quickly getting out of breath when doing the rower?

that has been a real problem for me.  I can row for 1-2 minutes... beyond that, I start breathing heavily and motivation slips away.

I've never gotten past it. 

----

sometimes I think; that personally speaking; I run out of breath faster than other people.  

Either way.  a big WOOT for doing so well with the rower.  

I think that is a really good cardio workout

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 11:28 AM, Salinger said:

Thanks @TGP yes i do know it, but thank you for reminding me, it is easy to panic and forget!! I weigh myself every Saturday morning (if i remember) not each day, im not totally fixated on it...i know it will fluctuate. Im still down a pound from when i started, i lost 4lb in the first week. 

Im doing ok yeah, im going the gym more than i was doing, 2 a week mainly, 3 sometimes. I need to ensure the 3 a week happens. Even if life is busy....my gym is 24 hour so i can go early...need to just bloody DO IT!!!!

Hmmmm. I may change my bedding tonight, whilst i run a bath in a bit :) that may be nice! Hopefullly means i will sleep better too. x

Hot bath, fresh sheets.  Nothing better imo.  But I have also beem sleeping fitfully.  Add to that up at 4:20 a.m. to take my boys to airport, and I’m quite numb at the moment.

On 7/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, TGP said:

idk

maybe this doen't help so VERY much

just a thought and surely Not as easy as it sounds.  many people feel very self conscious about their weight.

so ... no panic-ing please!   

I hate my appearance also.  Trying to not....but easier sad than done.  After all we have all those anorexic models as our.....models?

Hey Sal, sorry I've been MIA! Just got caught up. I know you might feel like you're not making progress, but those of us who are watching you progress on your journey have seen the accomplishments you've reached, and I, for one, am so proud of and happy for you! Life may be taking some wacky twists and turns, but you're rolling with the punches and doing the best you can. That's really all you can do, right? Keep being your wonderful self-- you're doing great <3 

• Like 3

Thanks guys, will respond properly tomorrow....to each of you. 

My date is tonight, 6.30pm - i feel sick with nerves. Wish me luck....xx

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Thanks guys, will respond properly tomorrow....to each of you. 

My date is tonight, 6.30pm - i feel sick with nerves. Wish me luck....xx

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2782444e6b4d6836

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2019 at 4:50 PM, TGP said:

seriously though

did you find yourself quickly getting out of breath when doing the rower?

Not massively...maybe im not doing it right? But my trainer says i am!? I get out of breath but not like i do when jogging. I feel my whole core and legs working the most. x

On 7/11/2019 at 1:25 AM, NicTheRugger said:

Hey Sal, sorry I've been MIA! Just got caught up. I know you might feel like you're not making progress, but those of us who are watching you progress on your journey have seen the accomplishments you've reached, and I, for one, am so proud of and happy for you! Life may be taking some wacky twists and turns, but you're rolling with the punches and doing the best you can. That's really all you can do, right? Keep being your wonderful self-- you're doing great <3 

Thank you Nic. Thats so kind <3 xx

• Like 1

Hey morning all, 7am FRIDAY! 

Well, last night was...good? I was there early as i usually am, found a seat and got a drink. She arrived. First thought in all honesty was 'i dont think i fancy her' - but we got on great, had a real laugh. We moved to another pub then, and found armchairs to sit in! I started thinking maybe i did fancy her a bit. Could have been the alcohol, but more likely due to the fact we were getting on good. ?

Anyway we did have a little kiss when she left. And shes invited me round to hers tomorrow...

I dont know how i feel. I have such a brick wall built up, i hate being so vulnerable. I hate liking people. I tend to self destruct and im worrying. HAHA im such a loser! Why cant i just go with the flow?!

Anyway...there is my night. 

Today, i have a meeting at 2pm, and need to get ready for next week as well as its a busy one. Might try to get to the gym as well as its been a BAD week for that... x

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

I feel my whole core and legs working the most

My old crew coach would be proud of you. Most people want to row with their back and their arms. While you use those muscles, if you leverage you leg strength you can really provide a lot more force than thinking about pulling with your arms. 

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

I dont know how i feel.

Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you're just not sure and sorting things out takes time. It took me most of a summer to sort out how I felt about my wife when we first started seeing each other. That was 31 years ago and each day is still better than the previous. Sometimes things just click and other times they take time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jstanlick said:

My old crew coach would be proud of you. Most people want to row with their back and their arms. While you use those muscles, if you leverage you leg strength you can really provide a lot more force than thinking about pulling with your arms. 

:D that made me very happy! Thanks! x

21 minutes ago, jstanlick said:

Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you're just not sure and sorting things out takes time. It took me most of a summer to sort out how I felt about my wife when we first started seeing each other. That was 31 years ago and each day is still better than the previous. Sometimes things just click and other times they take time.

This definitely makes me feel better, thank you. I guess if im being honest, there is also vanity there, wanting her to like me...but not wanting to get hurt like i have in the past. Ugh.

Im just going to take it easy though (or try to) and see what happens... x

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I guess if im being honest, there is also vanity there, wanting her to like me...but not wanting to get hurt like i have in the past.

Sounds totally normal and human to me. We all want to be liked and no one likes getting hurt. So we all have walls that we let very few people see behind.

8 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Im just going to take it easy though (or try to) and see what happens... x

I know this is not always easy for you, but I do think that's the best way to go.

Just remember, we can't control what we feel. Feelings just are. They happen based on our previous experiences and current environment. We just do our best to make good decisions on what action to take from what we're feeling. That's super hard to do when you're still sorting out those feelings. Breathe and do your best. That's all any of us can do.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Sounds totally normal and human to me. We all want to be liked and no one likes getting hurt. So we all have walls that we let very few people see behind.

I know this is not always easy for you, but I do think that's the best way to go.

Just remember, we can't control what we feel. Feelings just are. They happen based on our previous experiences and current environment. We just do our best to make good decisions on what action to take from what we're feeling. That's super hard to do when you're still sorting out those feelings. Breathe and do your best. That's all any of us can do.

Thanks a lot JS . i appreciate your kindness xx

Hey all. 9.20pm - i am so tired. Got asked if i wanted to go drinking tonight but turned it down. Im exhausted. Im skint. Im sad!!!!! What a combo!

Just hit me earlier, trying to feel ok though. Dunno what to do tonight now. My housemate is out all night, i could watch something? But what? Or just go to bed? Or have a bath? Or what what what??

Oh, im going to that girls NEXT Saturday, not tomorrow. Shes away this weekend, we crossed wires!

So a chilled weekend, work and relax. Will go to the gym tomorrow as well. Sunday its the cricket world cup final and Wimbledon tennis final. So im going to slob out. haha

x

Liz I think you would look AWESOME in that outfit!

hows the weekend tho' ... it sounds kind of slow.  that can be real nice.  peace/quiet / relaxed....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Salinger said:

Bought a new suit jacket .....

Red lipstick, my doc martens and a skirt and ill be flying hahahahahaha

giphy.gif

You're going to look like one of those successful young professionals who commutes between London, New York and Paris every week!!  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Liz I think you would look AWESOME in that outfit!

hows the weekend tho' ... it sounds kind of slow.  that can be real nice.  peace/quiet / relaxed....

THANK YOU !! 

Yes its pretty slow going, will write more in a mo x

54 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

You're going to look like one of those successful young professionals who commutes between London, New York and Paris every week!!  :D 

hehehehe thanks Sky!! ;) xx

• Like 2

Hey all. its 6.30am - not had much sleep but fed up of lying awake in bed. Boring. So i got up and made a tea. 

Yesterday was ok. I worked on my video, and also worked on the funding application. Listened to a lot of music. Watched the Wimbledon women's tennis final. Read a little bit. Drank a few beers. Chatted to my friends online. Went to bed. 

Today, its the world cup cricket final! So ill literally be lazing on the sofa watching that with my housemate all day. haha. Then the mens Wimbledon final (but i may have to have that up on my laptop at the same time as the cricket as they overlap) 

ill eat mindfully, ill drink tea, and plan my week. Its a busy one...

Tomorrow, gym session in the morn then i have a meeting in the afternoon, and then a gig in the evening. Tuesday i am getting tattooed at 2pm and have to work on the funding application. Then i'm going to London on Wednesday morning, as i am working on a new collaborative video, then Thursday i have a dinner party to go to (hahahahah) how posh!!! im a bit anxious really. They are all so slim and gorgeous. Then Nellie the elephant walks in (me) :( oh well. Then back to Manchester on Friday, quick meeting at 4pm, then back into town for my mates 30th party. Saturday i will be probably going round to that girls house...Sunday, relax. 

giphy.gif

hahah i love that gif...i feel exactly like that too.... !!!! TOO BUSY!!!!

x

• Like 2

hello morning its 9am MONDAY morning. 

Yesterday was good....i watched the cricket with my housemate. The world cup final, England v New Zealand. It was mesmerising. England literally won it with the LAST FUCKING BALL......me and Ste were bouncing around the room and hugging. It was unreal, even if you dont like cricket, it was exciting. wow. 

I calmed down and chilled out, we watched highlights (!) and i went to bed early. Exhausted haha. 

Today...well im very tired as always. Just going to work on the funding application. and the video. Then go to the gym. And also to a free gig tonight with a few mates. Not a late one though as so busy all week. 

Apart from that, eat well, chill, read, self care, drink water, shower...

x

• Like 4