• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Week 2 Briefing

I didn’t quite make it last week, but time marches on, even if sometimes I don’t. I’m still going to ramp up my big walks this week in preparation for the upcoming Boss Battle.

1 day of 130+ minutes.

1 day of 100+ min.

3 days of 40+ Min.

1 day rest (if needed).

Mr has started running to and from work a couple of times a week, and I’m kind of jealous, but at the same time I prefer a long wander to a fast run—even if it is more time efficient per mile. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

has started running to and from work a couple of times a week, and I’m kind of jealous, but at the same time I prefer a long wander to a fast run—even if it is more time efficient per mile. 

I enjoy a long wander too!  Running can be fun, but there’s something lovely about taking your time to explore and  see around you that running doesn’t always afford. 

2.Monday

55 active minutes.

The Scoreboard

0/1 day of 130+ minutes.

0/1 day of 100+ min.

1/3 days of 40+ Min.

0/1 day rest (if needed).

• Like 3

I’m being total rubbish at keeping up with other threads again. 

In good news, I’ve put a crack in my weight loss plateau, and I’m liking what I see in the mirror. In dubious news, I’m not sure when I’m going to get those 100+ walks in this week.

2.Tuesday

50 active minutes.

The Scoreboard

0/1 day of 130+ minutes.

0/1 day of 100+ min.

2/3 days of 40+ Min.

• Like 3

2.Wednesday

60 active minutes.

2.Thursday

135 active minutes. (So far.)

The Scoreboard

1/1 day of 130+ minutes. :encouragement:

0/1 day of 100+ min.

3/3 days of 40+ Min. :encouragement:

• Like 3

2.Friday

105 active minutes. Lots of walking errands in the morning with Rowan, followed by more walking during my date night out with the Mr. 

The Scoreboard

1/1 day of 100+ min. :encouragement:

Did anyone else notice my math is off here? I only accounted for 6 days! Oops.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

2.Friday

105 active minutes. Lots of walking errands in the morning with Rowan, followed by more walking during my date night out with the Mr. 

The Scoreboard

1/1 day of 100+ min. :encouragement:

Did anyone else notice my math is off here? I only accounted for 6 days! Oops.

I honestly didnt notice! I was too bust admiring your thumbs up little guys

• Like 1

2. Saturday

Inadvertent rest day. I was feeling a little unwell and worried it would blow up into something worse.

2.Sunday

115 active minutes. We were at a folk festival, lots of walking around ^_^

The Scoreboard

2/1 day of 100+ min. :encouragement: :encouragement:

1/1 day rest (if needed).

I hadn’t wanted to use that rest day this week, but I think I did darn well over all! And the cold did not blow up, so that was worst the rest day.

• Like 3

Week 3 Briefing

The Plan (now with corrected math!)

0/1 day of 150+ minutes. 

0/2 days of 100+ min. 

0/3 days of 40+ Min. 

I’m a little leery of that top day, it’s hard to rack up much more than I did last week without making the entire day about it. But I’m going to give it a try.  I got a Boss Battle to face in a couple of weeks! 

Weight loss creeps downward. My current average weight is 1.5lbs below where it was when I started. I’m a fan of slow, sustainable loss so I’m pleased with this result. (The irony? We’re looking to try for a 2nd Enting, so... kind of backwards progress.)

• Like 4

3.Monday

64 active minutes.

3.Tuesday 

22 active minutes (IE, a rest day. Yikes... don’t like to use them this early in the week.) 

I’ve started finding more local activities to take Rowan to in the morning, rather than ones that involve longer distances (IE transport under the river and walking). This is good in the sense that I’m paying less tube fares, and maybe I’ll actually make some neighborhood mom-friends. However, less good for racking up the active minutes in the midst of my day to day activities. 

I’ll figure something out.

The Scoreboard

0/1 day of 150+ minutes. 

0/2 days of 100+ min. 

1/3 days of 40+ Min. 

• Like 4

3.Wednesday

100 active minutes.

3.Thursday

105 active minutes.

3.Friday

57 active minutes.

The Scoreboard

0/1 day of 150+ minutes. 

2/2 days of 100+ min. :encouragement:

2/3 days of 40+ Min. 

We have a hike planned for Sunday, which I’m hoping will take care of that big one....

• Like 4

3.Saturday

30 active minutes. Technically, a rest day. But I did get out for a walk late afternoon so I wouldn’t be a total slug.

3.Sunday

180 active minutes. Hurrah! We did a 6 or 7 mile walk in the countryside. (Mr carried Rowan, as the hiking carrier, while it says it can suit adults of all sizes, probably didn’t have petite me in mind as “adult sized” :P) The timing is off my FitBit, although Mr argues that we walked for most of 4 hours so the number should be higher. To be fair, it also clocked out a 7 mile walk when the guide had it at 6. Whatever, I’m happy either way. We got in a great walk, metrics are just details.

The Scoreboard

1/1 day of 150+ minutes. :encouragement:

2/2 days of 100+ min. :encouragement:

2/3 days of 40+ Min. 

2/1 day rest (if needed).

I’m not convinced I’ll use this kind of metric scheme on the next challenge (it’s a bit arbitrary, and the lengthier walks are hard to schedule in), but I’m just going to keep rolling with it for this one as I don’t really want to come up with a new set-up on the last week.

That said, while I’m not always hitting the numbers, I’ve been much more active than I was four weeks ago, and I’m happy about that.

• Like 3

Week 4 Briefing

Okay, I lied. I am going to trial a new idea for this last week. Instead of individual walks, I’m going to go for a total number of active minutes for the week. Well, for the next 5 days, because the Big Boss Battle Hike is on Saturday and I’m not going to count that in the total because it’s an event all its own.

Anyway, for this last week I’m going to aim for 250 active minutes between Monday and Friday. That’s an average of 50 minutes a day, but some days will have more active minutes than others. If nothing else, that’s a healthy amount of daily walking even if I just stick to the average. 

(I’ve done a lot of activity this challenge, and I’m proud of that. But if I learned (or, possibly, relearned) something this challenge is that I need flexible metrics. My life doesn’t tend to function on ‘do X for Y minutes Z days a week’ as much as I’d love it to.)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

(I’ve done a lot of activity this challenge, and I’m proud of that. But if I learned (or, possibly, relearned) something this challenge is that I need flexible metrics. My life doesn’t tend to function on ‘do X for Y minutes Z days a week’ as much as I’d love it to.)

I'm really the same. Flexibility is really key, and I can imagine especially when you are taking care of a tiny human. I'm really excited about your Boss Battle!

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Flexibility is really key, and I can imagine especially when you are taking care of a tiny human.

I had this problem before I was a parent, too XD More of one now, though....

• Like 2

4. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

127/250 active minutes so far. I’m not expecting to make goal this week because tomorrow could apparently be record-setting temperatures (38+ C) and I want to stay hidden in the bottom of my brick house where it’ll only be like... 35C, but I didn’t expect to do 87 minutes in 32C today, either >_>;

Usually when I excuse myself for weather, it’s because it’s cold/rainy... not because it’s a freaking inferno!

• Like 3

183/250 active minutes. Surprised myself today in the intense heat (although I did my walking earlier in the day when it was still just “unpleasantly hot”) This is meant to be the end of this heatwave, but I’ve got some blisters on the bottom of my feet from walking in my sandals in the heat (I must assume, since I often walk miles and miles in them and they don’t blister), so I’m going to take it easy tomorrow. The big hike is Saturday!

We were worried, because although we’ve been in heatwave, the forecast was putting rain for the weekend... but this danger seems to have diminished and it’s looking good now. Hurray!

• Like 3

ALAS! My Boss Battle has been canceled. 

Following our heatwave has been thunder storms and showers and there are now Flood Warnings coming into effect for much of the country... including where we live and where we planned to hike. And it looks like the worst will hit tomorrow.

The House of Vries is now preparing to host a boardgaming party tomorrow....

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

ALAS! My Boss Battle has been canceled. 

Following our heatwave has been thunder storms and showers and there are now Flood Warnings coming into effect for much of the country... including where we live and where we planned to hike. And it looks like the worst will hit tomorrow.

The House of Vries is now preparing to host a boardgaming party tomorrow....

Oh no! I’m glad you will be safe! Sounds like a fun night planned as a consolation!

• Like 1

A good weekend for playing games and socialization, not so much on the physical activity. We had last minute guests staying for the weekend on top of other things.

Had some thinks about this challenge that will go into the next. 

• Like 1