• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost is Nephalem

On 7/10/2019 at 6:42 AM, SheriffWolfpool said:

Heck yeah!! Way to go, Ghostlet! Smart AND good with the ladies ;) 

Image result for liar liar gif

I love that it's "couch co-op"! Heather and I used to play often. She's a BIG fan of top down action RPG's like Diablo.

Seems like you're killing it, brother! I wouldn't expect anything less if I'm being honest, so....KEEP KILLIN' IT! 

Image result for diablo 3 gif

Wolf

Thanks brother!  I just realized I haven't been following you this challenge.  I need to head over and see what you are up to these days

12 hours ago, raptron said:

Yay Ghostlet! :D 

excited hooray GIF

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Your Ghostlet is turning into one of those obnoxious people that are great at everything. :P 

I'm trying to head him in that direction, but we'll see how much of it sticks by the end of the teenage years.

or

maybe I am just turning into one of those obnoxious parents :D 

4 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

Congrats to Ghostlet on the good grades! And you're doing awesome as well-- I'm always so inspired by reading your posts. Congrats on the handstands!

Thanks!

-----------------------------

Yesterday I switched things up and went to the gym.  I guess everything is off by one day this week.  I had to wait for the squat rack again, but not too long so I started with curls.  Curls, squats, OHP, and bench all went fine, bu doing bench last meant I had to go a little lighter than when I do them first.  For deadlifts (I am going to start calling the machine deads "truck lifts" just to differentiate) I went with the same weight as last week, and did 3 sets trying out a different grip each time.  Double overhand first and with this grip 100kgs seems to be just the right weight.  For the other 2 sets I tried switch grip but alternated which hand was the over hand.  I don't think it made a difference which hand was over, but it was pretty clear that the lifts went up much easier with the mixed grip.  I probably could have gone up another 10kgs or so.  For "trucks", I hit a new PR: 180kgs!  That's 8 plates :)  I tried this weight 2 weeks ago and couldn't do it, so I was stoked that this time I was able to get a full 5 reps at that weight.  For pullups, I do regular CTB->neutral grip front lever pulls->Chinups->Ninja Pullups (rotate between pronated, neutral, supinated and back at the top of each rep)->regular CTB

Workout details were:

DB Curls:  12  14,  14,  14,  14
Squats:  70,  80,  85,  85,  80

OHP:  30,  35,  40,  35,  35
Trucks:  160,  170,  170,  180,  170
Bench:  60,  55,  50,  50,  50
Deads:  100,  100,  100

LPD:  20,  20,  20,  20,  20
BB Rows: 50,  55,  55,  55,  55

Pullups:  5x5

After I got back, I did my Pike module for MyFlex and then in the afternoon I played hot wheels with Ghostlet (He had a bunch of cars race around a track while I was the announcer)

Dinner was chicken & green peppers again

• Like 12

Wow! Those are amazing grades! He must be really happy with his results :)

17 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Your Ghostlet is turning into one of those obnoxious people that are great at everything. :P 

Agreed! :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ninja Pullups (rotate between pronated, neutral, supinated and back at the top of each rep)

:distant:.  That's interesting. I trained a variety of grips when I was at the height of my Assassin strength a few years ago.  But I don't think I ever worked grip changes at the top of the pull.  That's a very interesting idea.  :applouse:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm trying to head him in that direction, but we'll see how much of it sticks by the end of the teenage years.

or

maybe I am just turning into one of those obnoxious parents :D 

You know that's not an "either/or" situation, right...? A lot of those obnoxious children have those obnoxious parents... :D

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, zenLara said:

Wow! Those are amazing grades! He must be really happy with his results :)

Yes he was very pleased :) 

15 hours ago, Hazard said:

:distant:.  That's interesting. I trained a variety of grips when I was at the height of my Assassin strength a few years ago.  But I don't think I ever worked grip changes at the top of the pull.  That's a very interesting idea.  :applouse:

The pullup station at the gym has this weird antler type thing, with three different handles coming out at different angles for the various grips.  What I do is plyometric pullup, using the momentum from the pull to grab a different handle each rep.  Makes me feel very much like a ninja :D 

11 hours ago, raptron said:

Nice workout. :D 

thank u GIF by StickerGiant

10 hours ago, mediaguy99 said:

Super healthy meals, amazing work in the weight room.  Impressive.

Thanks you sir!

7 hours ago, Kishi said:

Sweet! Way to see gainz on lifting the truck!

My goal when I first started doing this lift was 8 plates, but never expected I would get there already.  Now I need a new goal :D 

7 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

You know that's not an "either/or" situation, right...? A lot of those obnoxious children have those obnoxious parents... :D

jim halpert GIF
argue wife swap GIF by Paramount Network

---------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I started out with a trip to the bank.  I have been receiving texts from the bank that my passport has expired and that if I don't update my information with a new record all kinds of bad things will happen.  This is all very strange, because my passport still has another 5 years on it.  So I went into the bank to ask about it, and they were as confused about it as I was.  After almost an hour of trying to track the source of this, it turns out that there is a popular app that allows the user to consolidate all mobile transactions through a single app.  I downloaded the app and got started on it but never fully finished the registration.  Because of this, the app didn't have my passport information so it just assumed an expiration date, and then started sending texts on behalf of the bank.  Apparently I can just ignore the texts, but it is really creepy how interrelated everything is getting.

After the bank, I went to the park for my workout and did a bunch of muscleup and handstand work.  Not a lot of progress on either, but it was still a good workout.

Ghostlet had invited his friend over in the afternoon (which is why I switched the gym to Wed) but it turns out that he had band practice and couldn't come.  Instead, Ghostlet and I just played hot wheels again for the afternoon.

Dinner was lasagna

ALIIcjU.jpg
Recipe:

Dice up a small onion and cook it in olive oil until it gets soft and translucent

Throw in 3-4 cloves of minced garlic until fragrant

Add in 1lb ground beef and 1/2lb ground pork and brown

Add 4 cans of stewed tomatoes and bring to a light boil until the tomatoes disintegrate

While it is boiling/simmering, add parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and oregano to taste (I do about 1-2 tsp each)

layer lasagna noodles, sauce & shredded cheese (I used cheddar, colby, mozzarella, and parmesan) until the sauce is all used up

Cook for 1 hour at 140c

• Like 8

Have you ever done grip switches while just hanging? We do that in our body control classes (ninja classes basically) as a bit of play- the slower and more controlled you can do it, the better :P

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I downloaded the app and got started on it but never fully finished the registration.  Because of this, the app didn't have my passport information so it just assumed an expiration date, and then started sending texts on behalf of the bank.  Apparently I can just ignore the texts, but it is really creepy how interrelated everything is getting.

Sounds less like creepiness and more like lazy programmers.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 11:56 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Thanks brother!  I just realized I haven't been following you this challenge.  I need to head over and see what you are up to these days

As always, I appreciate the follow, my friend! I'm actually gonna be joining the Warriors next challenge (and possible the one afterward as well). So, just a heads up where I'll be for the first 5-week challenge of the year ;) 

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

After the bank, I went to the park for my workout and did a bunch of muscleup and handstand work.  Not a lot of progress on either, but it was still a good workout.

"Not a lot of progress" means there was SOME progress and that's a win in my book! The lasagna sounded super tasty :D

Wolf

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mediaguy99 said:

Mmmmm sounds amazing

It was pretty good

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Have you ever done grip switches while just hanging? We do that in our body control classes (ninja classes basically) as a bit of play- the slower and more controlled you can do it, the better :P

How do you do slow controlled grip switches?  Oh, wait, you mean switch one hand at a time? Not really the Assassin way :P   Just kidding, I actually do that a lot as part of some of the other things I do (one hand hangs, turns, etc.)

15 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

Sounds less like creepiness and more like lazy programmers.

Yeah definitely some lazy programming going on there.  The creepiness factor was that a 3rd party app was sending me texts from the banks own internal system.  I can envision so many ways that such a an arrangement could end badly

11 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

As always, I appreciate the follow, my friend! I'm actually gonna be joining the Warriors next challenge (and possible the one afterward as well). So, just a heads up where I'll be for the first 5-week challenge of the year ;) 

"Not a lot of progress" means there was SOME progress and that's a win in my book! The lasagna sounded super tasty :D

Cool, I will keep a watch out for you here.

Not sure there was any progress at all, but that's ok.  Sometimes maintenance (or even minimizing backsliding) is good enough.

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Lasagne yessss. Automated bank harassment noooo. 

Agreed on both counts ;) 

-----------------------------------------

Yesterday was a complete rest day.  Ghostlet had 2 hours of school for end of year formalities (getting official grade reports, awards, summer homework assignments, etc.) so I didn't go to the park to workout in order to be here when he got home.  He had arranged with a friend to play at our house after lunch, but the kid didn't show up.  I texted his mom and it turns out that he had band practice again and apparently was hoping his promise to come over  was going to be enough to get him out of it.  Ghostlet was pretty sad about it, but we ended up playing together for most of the day.

Dinner was pizza again (with root beer this time), but apparently it hasn't hit me yet because the scale was still down again this morning.

So, a note about food.  For this challenge, I have been focusing on getting sufficient protein, which has had the intended side effect of reducing the munchies.  I have felt more satisfied during the day and have not needed as many calories to get through the day.  I have not been tracking calories, but I feel like I have been eating 300-500 less per day than I was previously.   So for the last 2 years or so, my weight (and BF%) has held within a pretty narrow band.  However this challenge is only about 3 weeks in and I am already down 2kgs and BF% has dropped about 2% (from 23% to 21%).   This will change about the end of the challenge, though, because that's when holiday travel season starts and I don't believe I can maintain this kind regimen while on the road.

• Like 8

And another day of very little exercise yesterday.  Most of the morning was spent helping Ghostlet with his summer homework.  in the early afternoon I took him to his swimming lessons and got in a good 45 minutes of swimming in.  I am a little surprised that I can now swim for almost 30 minutes without a rest and not feel like dying, but when I run for 30 minutes I just want it to end.

I spent most of the rest of the afternoon cooking, making 炒肉土豆丝 (pork & potato strips), 葱爆羊肉 (Mongolian style lamb & onion), and a peach crumble.  The peach crumble was because someone gave us a case of peaches and there was no way we were going to be able to eat them all before they went bad.

0ej9dyL.jpg

B1pO8Su.jpg

I didn't get a picture of the crumble before it already had a bunch of bites out of it :D 

Translated recipes for the two Chinese dishes (the way I made them):

Spoiler

Pork & Potato Strips

Slice up 250g of lean pork and marinate in 1 tsp each of soy sauce, cooking alcohol and corn starch

Cut up a potato into slivers and soak in cold water

Fry up the pork in oil

Remove the pork from the pan and then fry up 3-4 cloves of sliced garlic in the oil

Drain the potato slivers and add them, along with a small glug of red vinegar

Add the pork strips back in and add 1 glug of soy sauce, 1 tsp of sugar, and black pepper to taste

Add in a few shakes of sea salt and some slivered leek leaves

Mongolian Lamb

Cut up 250g of lamb into small chunks and marinate with 2 egg whites, 1/2 tsp cumin and a few pinches of salt

Heat up oil in a pan and fry up the lamb

When the meat starts to change color add 3-4 slices of fresh ginger and 2 glugs of soy sauce

Add in a few sections of leek along with some sliced up leek leaves

• Like 5

16 hours ago, zenLara said:

Resultado de imagen de running is evil gif

Image result for hate running gif

Just before we were about to gt into bed on Saturday night, I noticed the pipe leading to the showerhead in the bathroom was leaking.  I wen't to tighten it and the whole pipe snapped off.  After a few seconds we realized that this pipe is also the water main for our apartment, so we had to shut off the water and call a plumber, who could agreed to come over first thing in the morning.  So Sunday morning I did not make it to church because the plumber was there replacing our pipe.

In the afternoon, we went to a place that I don't think has a category yet to describe it.  Maybe a "fun center"?  They have some escape rooms and also some challenge rooms, where they put you in a stressful environment and you have to answer questions.  For example, one room, they put you in a long hallway and you have to answr a series of questions.  every few seconds one of the floorboards drops away, so if you can't get all of the questions answered in time, you end up dropping into a foam pit.  Another room has you on a treadmill that speeds up the longer it takes you to answer the questions.  My favorite was the room where they put you on a huge disk and you have to act out a word and get the others in the party to guess the word.  The longer it takes, the less stabilizers the platform has and you have to keep your balance.  Another fun one was you stand in a cubby hole, and while you answer the question, parts of the wall push out until you eventually get pushed into the foam pit.  Not even sure if those descriptions make sense, but they were pretty fun.  The only hard part was that a lot of the questions were Chinese trivia (i.e. name 6 Hong Kong actors who have won [the Hong Kong equivalent of an Oscar], or name the 6 seasons of summer under the lunar calendar, etc.).  Luckily, we could work as teams, but it was really challenging.

After this we went out for some Chinese BBQ and finished off the day with some go-karting

We are all feeling pretty dead this morning :D 

• Like 8

Week 2 in now over, let's see how things went at the Arreat Crater

Barbarian

Animated GIF

I made it to the gym and did my workout, and added in some regular deadlifts as well.  However, I didn't ask for any advice or help so the Barbarian levels up but did not get any magical items

Demon Hunter

Animated GIF

3 skill workouts happened, including a trip to the trampoline park to work on backflips.  I didn't do much skill work on other things, though, so the Demon Hunter also levels up but didn't get any magical items

Monk

Animated GIF

I forgot to mention in my previous update that after the plumber left I did a couple of MyFlex modules (straddle & shoulders) so that gets me all four modules done for the week.  I also did 2 sessions of regular stretching this week, which means that the Monk levels up and gets some magical loot.  Sabatons of the Eagle for the Monk

Witch Doctor

Animated GIF

I did a lot of cooking this week and did way beyond the 3 required to level up.  I also posted pictures and recipes, so the With Doctor levels up twice, and gets some magical items.  Dagger of Wounding and and Amulet of Invasion for the Witch Doctor

Wizard

Animated GIF

Things didn't go so well for the Wizard this week, so no leveling up.  I had good reasons for not withdrawing the cash but it didn't happen so she can't level up.

1. Go to bank and withdraw cash
  2. Finish US trip planning
  3. Update Bank Info
  4. Create Meal Plan
  5. Talk to friend to let her know officially that I won't be joining her
  6. Drop off computers & fans
  7. 1 uke session
  8. 1 sketching session

This week's To Do List:

1. Go to bank and withdraw cash
  2. Go to other bank and deposit cash
  3. Prepare Meal Plan
  4. Drop off computers & fans
  5. Mop kitchen floor
  6. Wash cleaning rags
  7. 1 uke session
  8. 1 sketching session
  9. Eat cake

Azmodan has been defeated but we were betrayed and Diablo has been resurrected and he is rampaging through the high heavens.  Time for us to follow him there and confront him.  Quick, though the portal!

• Like 6

how do you cut the potato into those perfect strips?? free hand?

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In the afternoon, we went to a place that I don't think has a category yet to describe it.  Maybe a "fun center"? 

this sounds similar to Boda Borg but with more "stress inducing" obstacles! love it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

how do you cut the potato into those perfect strips?? free hand?

Funny you should say that.  Ghostess's reaction when she saw the potatoes was "Dude, what's up with the potatoes. these aren't fries".   Apparently they are supposed to be about 1/4 or 1/8 of that thickness but I don't have that kind of knife control (or patience) yet. 

So I appreciate that you thought they were cut nicely :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In the afternoon, we went to a place that I don't think has a category yet to describe it.  Maybe a "fun center"?  

Sounds hilarious, though I think I would prefer one with a different set of trivia. Not sure I can answer anything about Chinese actors or lunar calendars. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In the afternoon, we went to a place that I don't think has a category yet to describe it.  Maybe a "fun center"?  They have some escape rooms and also some challenge rooms, where they put you in a stressful environment and you have to answer questions.

Um, that's called "work"... and when I go to mine, I get paid :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 5