• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost is Nephalem

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Seriously, barely 5 million is a Podunk city? 

My town barely has 30.000 people and while we don't have a Starbucks we certainly have plenty of kettlebells ;)

In China it is. ;)

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

This explains the fun house quiz questions. I thought you just opted for the super difficult setting. 

Haha,  yeah the questions were still hard though, even for the local folk :D

Yesterday was spent going to the ancenstral graveyard for my MIL's family and cleaning the tombs,  and then going out to the old house she grew up in.   And food.   Soooooo much food... 

• Like 6

On 7/21/2019 at 7:13 AM, WhiteGhost said:

That and @Mad Hatter's handstanding in a rubber raft :D

I wish it were me! :D We all have to thank miss @raptron for shenanigan inspiration.

Really nice job on the handstands! You seem to be able to get into them really consistently now too, any tips?

Also it amuses me that Podunk City has the same population as Finland. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I wish it were me! :D We all have to thank miss @raptron for shenanigan inspiration.

Really nice job on the handstands! You seem to be able to get into them really consistently now too, any tips?

Also it amuses me that Podunk City has the same population as Finland. :lol:

Huh,  I always thought it was you that did a handstand while in an inflatable raft that was floating in some water at the time (this was shortly after I joined NF, so I probably just you guys confused). 

Tips?  Have you tried consistency? :P

wow,  that boggles my mind

--------------------------

Today was another very interesting day.   We started out going to the ancestral graveyard of my FIL and cleaning the tombs there,  after which we went and visited the factory where he worked during the Cultural Revolution and then to the middle school he attended as a child. 

Tons of food again,  having lunch with a group of relatives and then dinner with a different group. 

• Like 2

Just now, WhiteGhost said:

wow,  that boggles my mind

I want a different tip! One that fixes my handstands for only $5.99!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Huh,  I always thought it was you that did a handstand while in an inflatable raft that was floating in some water at the time (this was shortly after I joined NF, so I probably just you guys confused). 

We're both up to no good most of the time, so I think it's totally fair. ;)

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

SO HARSH. :P 

Sounds like you guys are enjoying ALL OF THE FOOD.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I want a different tip! One that fixes my handstands for only $5.99!

If you ever find it, I'll pay you double

17 hours ago, raptron said:

SO HARSH

I know, right :P  I have a feeling I am going to see that come back and slap me in the face, though, when I start wondering why I can't handstand anymore :D

Today we drove out to the village where my FIL was born to see the place he lived as a little kid, and also where he went to elementary school. Both his old house and the school are gone now, but it was still interesting to visit the places.   The village was super tiny (less than a dozen families) and was a long way from the nearest paved road.   The place where he went to school was an hour drive away,  but apparently as a kid walking cross country he could make the same trip in about an hour. It was really fascinating to see what very, VERY rural China looks like. 

There was some road construction on the way there so they just detoured us into the forest.   There was no road there so it was an adventure trying to drive between the trees to get around the construction zone.   We took a different road home but still too late for the dinner we had scheduled with a cousin, so we have a free night where we don't have to stuff ourselves to bursting. Good thing,  because I am still full from lunch (and have been full for days now...) 

• Like 7

20 hours ago, raptron said:

SO HARSH. :P 

Not untrue though. :lol:

I still think that your consistency in getting into the handstand is impressive, even @@mu with her amazing consistency in practice hasn't yet translated to perfect consistency in getting into the handstand solidly. That's what made me curious about the difference.

Hey, sorry for being late to congratulate, but way to finish the challenge strong!

Now go eat lots of good food and hear good stories!