3. Update partnership contract
  4. Finish US trip planning
  5. Install A/C Panels
  6. Inventory Freezer/Pantry
  7. Register Ghostlet for Summer Activity
  8. Recycle Cardboard & Plastic
  9. 1 ukulele session
  10. 1 sketch session

8. Summon a dragon (any primary elemental attribute will do) and use it to conquer at least three provinces in mainland China.

Again, more wizardy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

On 7/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, deftona said:

Image result for yaaas gif

pizza yes GIF

On 7/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, zenLara said:

Those gifs! Impressive!

cary elwes princess GIF

On 7/4/2019 at 10:36 PM, KB Girl said:

Good for you :)

johnny manziel smile GIF

13 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

8. Summon a dragon (any primary elemental attribute will do) and use it to conquer at least three provinces in mainland China.

Again, more wizardy.

Hmmm.  I like this idea but I think it will take longer than this week to finish.  It will just need to go on the longer term To Do List ;) 

-----------------------------------------------

Yesterday started out with me doing the dishes, because with Ghostlet out of school I don't need to have his lunch dishes washed the night before so I have gotten a bit lazy.  The gym doesn't open until 10am anyway (People who work regular hours are obviously not their target clientele...) so I had time to kill.  When I got to the gym, the squat rack was occupied by by some guy teaching his girlfriend how to do goblet squats so I had to change up my lifting order again.  This time I started with bench, then deads and curls before finally getting to the squat rack for squats & OHP.  For the deadlifts, I did some real actual deadlifts to see how they compare against the machine.  Apparently, my numbers are lot lower with just the bar than using a machine.  I started out trying to do 140 but couldn't maintain my grip well enough to lift the bar.  I took off a couple of plates and did some more at 100, which felt light for my posterior chain, but right about the limit for my grip.  Not sure why I can grip 150+ in a neutral grip just fine but can barely hang on to 100 in a pronated grip.  My best guess is that it was because it was a spinny bar (the part you hold would spin but they weights wouldn't) but I can't figure out why that would make a difference.  For squats, I tried doing a wider stance as @Hazard suggested and I think it helped quite a bit.  I was feeling the lift a lot more in my quads and hip flexors and not so much in my lower back, which seems like how it should be.

Overall workout was

Bench:  55  60  60  60  60

Deads*:  160  160  160  160  160

DB Curls (R/L):  14/12  12/12  14/14  14/14  12/12

Squats:  70  75  80  80  80
OHP:  30  35  35  35  35

LPD:  20  20  20  20  20

BB Rows:  50  55  55  55  55 
Pullups:  5x5

I sent most of the afternoon playing with Ghostlet

Dinner was short ribs and mashed cucumbers again.

lg6gA7u.jpgrzkRaHA.jpg

Ribs:

Chop ribs into individual pieces if they start as a full slab and then boil, scooping off the foam that forms on top.  Continue until no more foam forms, then drain.

Heat up some oil in a pan and put the ribs in, along with 1/4 cup sugar.  Fry until nice and browned.

Once the color looks right, add 1/4 cup cooking alcohol and immediately cover for 1 minute

Add 3 glugs of soy sauce, one glug of 老抽 (which is a very thick kind of soy sauce, no idea what it is called in English but I have seen Worcestershire Sauce as a substitute in some recipes) and half a glug of red vinegar and mix thoroughly  while continuing to fry.

Add water until ribs are just barely covered and simmer.

Prepare a bag or spice holder with 3 anise stars, 1 stick of cinnamon and a handful of dried Sichuan Peppercorn (the red ones, not the greenish ones), 2-3 bay leaves.  Put into pressure cooker with 3-4 slices of ginger and about 1-2 inches of leek.

Once this is ready, go back to the ribs and skim off any foam/oil floating on the top, stir in 1 tbsp of mushroom bullion and then pour everything into the pressure cooker

Cook under high pressure for 45 minutes

When it is finished, put it back in the wok/fry pan and reduce until the sauce starts to thicken.

Serve with rice

Cucumbers:

Pound an Asian cucumber (the long skinny kind) with the side of a knife until it mashes into large chunks.  Add 1-2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tbsp sugar and 2-3 glugs of red vinegar and mix well.

As an interesting aside, the Chinese government has formally declared the Beijing Bikini to be indecent, and anyone sporting this look may be fined up to 200RMB (about $30)

Spoiler

The Beijing Bikini is what they call it when (usually) middle aged dudes walk around with the front of their shirt rolled up to expose the belly
RwXTx2T.jpg

• Like 10
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Apparently, my numbers are lot lower with just the bar than using a machine.  I started out trying to do 140 but couldn't maintain my grip well enough to lift the bar.  I took off a couple of plates and did some more at 100, which felt light for my posterior chain, but right about the limit for my grip.  Not sure why I can grip 150+ in a neutral grip just fine but can barely hang on to 100 in a pronated grip.  My best guess is that it was because it was a spinny bar (the part you hold would spin but they weights wouldn't) but I can't figure out why that would make a difference.

This is usually the case with barbells vs machines. Free weights force us to use extra resources for stabilization and balance issues that aren't a factor on rigid machines. It adds up. And if you try it with dumbbells, it should be even less.

I can't speak for you but grip issues often come down to confidence and experience with me, specifically in regards to neutral vs non-neutral hand positions. I have a good feeling that if you continue to incorporate regular deads into your routine, your grip, and confidence in those hand positions, will catch up. Any interest in trying a switch grip? I struggle to rep even 50ish % of my 1rm with double overhand, but I can easily rep 85+% with a switch grip. Everyone's different though.

Oh, and how much are you normally feeling it in your posterior chain? My posterior chain usually only gets exhausted if I'm doing something wrong (which is fairly often, and usually a good sign it's time for me to stop). 

• Like 3

Stay awhile... we're liftin'

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

For the deadlifts, I did some real actual deadlifts to see how they compare against the machine.  Apparently, my numbers are lot lower with just the bar than using a machine.

This is completely normal. The machine balances and sets the bar path for you, so your muscles can focus on nothing but lifting. When you have to balance and control the path, you have do more than just lifting => Lower max weight. Or at least, lower max weight with proper form. It's what makes free weights more effective than machines for building strength. Well, one of the things.

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

For the deadlifts, I did some real actual deadlifts to see how they compare against the machine.  Apparently, my numbers are lot lower with just the bar than using a machine.  I started out trying to do 140 but couldn't maintain my grip well enough to lift the bar.  I took off a couple of plates and did some more at 100, which felt light for my posterior chain, but right about the limit for my grip.  Not sure why I can grip 150+ in a neutral grip just fine but can barely hang on to 100 in a pronated grip. 

By pronated, do you mean double overhand? I can hold a lot less with double overhand than with mixed grip, and for finite reps, too. I need mixed grip for my heavy deadlifts or it's a nope. My grip strength is improving, though, gradually. What is neutral grip? 

Yay, ribs! I have never cooked ribs before but I want to try. Why do you boil them first? I don't often see instructions to boil meat. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

53 minutes ago, Harriet said:

By pronated, do you mean double overhand? I can hold a lot less with double overhand than with mixed grip, and for finite reps, too. I need mixed grip for my heavy deadlifts or it's a nope. My grip strength is improving, though, gradually. What is neutral grip?

Palms facing each other before the hands close. The way they face at the top of a dumbbell bench press.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

21 hours ago, deftona said:

So is toplessness ok, but the Beijing Bikini indecent?

I am pretty sure toplessness is out too (for for both genders but especially for women) but it is pretty rare.  People just don't go topless here.  Bare midriffs on women are fine, though, so this is one of the very rare instances where men are more restricted than women in terms of (lack of) clothing choices

12 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

This is usually the case with barbells vs machines. Free weights force us to use extra resources for stabilization and balance issues that aren't a factor on rigid machines. It adds up. And if you try it with dumbbells, it should be even less.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense

Any interest in trying a switch grip? I struggle to rep even 50ish % of my 1rm with double overhand, but I can easily rep 85+% with a switch grip. Everyone's different though

I did give switch grip a go, but my body was too confused by it to even function.  I have spent so long doing bodyweight work, where it is always either both pronated or both supinated.  Mixed grip makes my body think we are doing commando pullups and I instinctively want to twist my body to the side accordingly.

Oh, and how much are you normally feeling it in your posterior chain? My posterior chain usually only gets exhausted if I'm doing something wrong (which is fairly often, and usually a good sign it's time for me to stop). 

I don't understand this at all. I thought deadlifts were primarily a posterior chain exercise.  If you don't feel it in your posterior chain, where do you feel it?

11 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

This is completely normal. The machine balances and sets the bar path for you, so your muscles can focus on nothing but lifting. When you have to balance and control the path, you have do more than just lifting => Lower max weight. Or at least, lower max weight with proper form. It's what makes free weights more effective than machines for building strength. Well, one of the things.

That is good to know.  I think I going to need to do a bit of both for a while until my body figures out the free weight deadlift

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

By pronated, do you mean double overhand? I can hold a lot less with double overhand than with mixed grip, and for finite reps, too. I need mixed grip for my heavy deadlifts or it's a nope. My grip strength is improving, though, gradually. 

Yep, double overhand.  Seems I really should figure out this whole mixed grip thing

10 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

What is neutral grip?

Palms facing each other before the hands close. The way they face at the top of a dumbbell bench press

Yes, this.  Or the way your hands would be carrying a couple of suitcases

Yay, ribs! I have never cooked ribs before but I want to try. Why do you boil them first? I don't often see instructions to boil meat.

Boiling them cleans out the blood and other gunk from the meat.  If you don't boil it first you end up with a more greasy tasting meat.  It makes more of difference in red meats such as beef or lamb than lighter meats, so I usually only boil first if for red meat and even then only if I will be using the pressure cooker later.  Otherwise it will end up tough as old leather.

----------------------------------

Yesterday I had to run over to the place where we have church because the management office there needed to replace the wiring in the emergency alarm warning system for the whole building.  By the time I got back it was pouring down rain so I didn't bother going to the park.  Instead I had some lunch and then took a nap.  I spent the afternoon playing with Ghostlet and then in the evening we (including Ghostess and her parents) went out for dinner to a fish hotpot place and then watched the Secret Life of Pets 2 at the theater.

• Like 6

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

While you're still getting used to lifting weights I'd stick with double overhand grip anyway. It's not a bad thing to have your grip limit how much you lift when you're just starting out. 

Some feel deadlifts more in legs, mostly hamstrings or even glutes. It all depends on what's your 'weak' spot. 

I sometimes feel them in my hips, probably the gluteus medius. 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

While you're still getting used to lifting weights I'd stick with double overhand grip anyway. It's not a bad thing to have your grip limit how much you lift when you're just starting out. 

Some feel deadlifts more in legs, mostly hamstrings or even glutes. It all depends on what's your 'weak' spot. 

I'd say weak spot, or individual body geometry quirks - limb length ratios will change the hip and knee angles for each person's correct deadlift form, or at least that's how I understand it.

But second the use of double overhand - or at least using it for as many sets as practical, then switching to mixed when the grip feels fried.

• Like 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Interesting, I feel it in my lower back if I feel it anywhere (sometimes I just feel all-over fatigue). Can't imagine my back ever being stronger than my legs/posterior, but we'll see. 

You can always do double overhand for warmups and mixed grip just for your heaviest sets--maybe later on when you're pretty comfy with the deadlift generally. That way your grip gets some training but it doesn't stop you from moving up in weight and kicking your, um, posterior chain with some real heavies. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

12 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

But second the use of double overhand - or at least using it for as many sets as practical, then switching to mixed when the grip feels fried.

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

You can always do double overhand for warmups and mixed grip just for your heaviest sets--maybe later on when you're pretty comfy with the deadlift generally. That way your grip gets some training but it doesn't stop you from moving up in weight and kicking your, um, posterior chain with some real heavies. 

Thanks for all the advice guys.  The biggest reason I prefer double overhand is that it has all the carryover into my regular bar workouts (gymnastics, calisthenics, etc.)  I can't imagine any other use for mixed grip other than the deadlift

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

12 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I'd say weak spot, or individual body geometry quirks - limb length ratios will change the hip and knee angles for each person's correct deadlift form, or at least that's how I understand it.

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Interesting, I feel it in my lower back if I feel it anywhere (sometimes I just feel all-over fatigue). Can't imagine my back ever being stronger than my legs/posterior, but we'll see. 

I feel it all through my hamstrings, glutes and lower back, which I understand combined makes up the posterior chain.  

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Lolz.

ha ha simpsons GIF

---------------------------------

Yesterday I went to the park even though it was a Saturday and there was a pretty good size crowd there.  I mostly just did a leg workout, which was fun, but I also did some showing gymnastics stuff, because what's the point of having skills to show off if you don't do it when there is a big crowd to watch, amirite?

When I got back, I did both the straddle and shoulder module for  MyFlex.  In the afternoon, Ghostlet and Ghostess both had dentist appointments.  Ghostet was just there for a cleaning, but it turned out he had a bunch of cavities so the dentist went ahead and filled those.  Then while Ghostess was doing her stuff, Ghostlet and I went and watched Spiderman: Far From Home, which we both really enjoyed.   However, when we got back to the dentist Ghostess was only about halfway done because it was taking longer than expected.  In fact, she didn't finish until almost 11pm, after which we were all starving so we went out for burgers and didn't get home until around 1am

• Like 8

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

However, when we got back to the dentist Ghostess was only about halfway done because it was taking longer than expected.  In fact, she didn't finish until almost 11pm, after which we were all starving so we went out for burgers and didn't get home until around 1am

Wow, you got some 24 hour dentists over there right? 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Wow, you got some 24 hour dentists over there right? 

There are 24 hour dentists (the dental hospital and many private hospitals have dentists in their emergency rooms) but this one wasn't.  She normally gets off at 6, but Ghostess is a VIP client so the dentist works whenever Ghostess has availability.  We pay for that privilege, though, because this dentist ain't cheap.

This morning I did not feel like waking up to go to church, so I turned my alarm off and ended up sleeping until about 11:30.  I spent most of the afternoon working on things from my To Do List, mostly because I knew I would have to report back here soon.  

In the evening I made dinner, which was Coconut Shrimp, Beer Batter Fish, Taiwanese Style Popcorn Chicken (which came frozen in a bag, I just heated it up), and Deffy Fries based on @deftona's Secret Recipe.

82lHMf3.jpg

Deffy's Top Secret G-14 Classified Recipe:

Spoiler

For chips, [Redacted] potatoes ([Redacted]) per portion and cut [Redacted]. [Redacted] water and [Redacted]. Take off [Redacted] and [Redacted] them [Redacted] edges. Add [Redacted] per portion, [Redacted]. Add [Redacted] per portion ([Redacted]) and [Redacted] glossy. Sprinkle with [Redacted] minutes. 

After dinner I took Ghostlet to his swimming lessons and where I got in a good 45 minutes of swimming cardio  

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Level 2 Ninja

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That looks delicious! 

It was :) 

Well, we have now beat the Caldeum level, defeating both Mahgda and Belial, one of the Lords of Hell.  Let's check in on our party and see who gets to level up

Barbarian

Animated GIF

To level up the Barbarian I need to go to the gym and go through my workout.  This was done, so Barbarian levels up.  Although I didn't take any videos, I did solicit (and received) feedback so the Barbarian gets Boots of Wounding

Demon Hunter

Animated GIF

To level up the Demon Hunter I need to do 3 skill workouts.  I got in 4, including a day full of muscleups and another full of double flips (front & back) so Demon Hunter levels up twice!  Magical loot was Leoric's Signet and Squirt's Necklace.

Monk

Animated GIF

To level up the Monk I need to go though each of the 4 MyFlex modules.  I got the last two in on Saturday so Monk also levels up.  No other stretching was done so my Monk still doesn't have any magical items.

Witch Doctor

Animated GIF

To level up the Witch Doctor I need to get sufficient Protein and also cook 3 homemade meals.  I made the peppers & chicken, ribs, and fish & chips so the cooking passes.  For protein I didn't have eggs every morning but I made up for it by having extra meat for dinners.  Daily protein shakes happened so Witch Doctor also levels up.  Recipes and pictures were posted so the Witch Doctor gets Clever Greaves of Invasion.

Wizard

Animated GIF

To level up the Wizard, I need to complete my To Do List

1. Go to bank and withdraw cash
  2. Buy fans
  3. Update partnership contract
  4. Finish US trip planning
  5. Install A/C Panels
  6. Inventory Freezer/Pantry
  7. Register Ghostlet for Summer Activity
  8. Recycle Cardboard & Plastic
  9. 1 ukulele session
  10. 1 sketch session

The US trip is all planned but I don't have all of the hotels/tickets booked because I was having trouble accessing the websites I needed.  I didn't get to the bank and this is already the second week, but given this isn't something I have complete control over (the cash isn't actually in my account yet to withdraw).  Given the mitigating factors I the wizard gets a pass again and levels up.  However, both of these need to happen by the end of the next level or the Wizard cannot level up again.

Time to call up the caravan again, we need to go to Bastions Keep to battle the armies of Azmodan pouring out of the Arreat Crater  

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

This week's To Do List

1. Go to bank and withdraw cash
  2. Finish US trip planning
  3. Update Bank Info
  4. Create Meal Plan
  5. Talk to friend to let her know officially that I won't be joining her
  6. Drop off computers & fans
  7. 1 uke session
  8. 1 sketching session
  • Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

Solid week. :D 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:43 PM, WhiteGhost said:

I don't understand this at all. I thought deadlifts were primarily a posterior chain exercise.  If you don't feel it in your posterior chain, where do you feel it?

Please disregard that comment... it just occured to me I have been misinterpreting the term "posterior chain" to not include the legs, due to the fact that a lot of "posterior chain" building exercises I have seen relate to back pain and I somehow conflated one to mean the other. I've always considered deadlifts to be a leg exercise, but it's true that they recruit much more than just your legs so implying the whole posterior chain is fair I suppose.

In any case I think it's completely normal for grip to be a limiting factor long before any large muscle groups do. Grip has been my limiting factor for a pretty long time now. The two things that have helped me most are switch grip and chalk. Oh, the other thing you could do if you really want to hit your hamstrings hard with your current grip/grip strength is single-leg versions.

• Like 1

Stay awhile... we're liftin'

10 hours ago, raptron said:

Solid week. :D 

metal gear solid 5 pain GIF

9 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

Please disregard that comment... it just occured to me I have been misinterpreting the term "posterior chain" to not include the legs, due to the fact that a lot of "posterior chain" building exercises I have seen relate to back pain and I somehow conflated one to mean the other. I've always considered deadlifts to be a leg exercise, but it's true that they recruit much more than just your legs so implying the whole posterior chain is fair I suppose.

In any case I think it's completely normal for grip to be a limiting factor long before any large muscle groups do. Grip has been my limiting factor for a pretty long time now. The two things that have helped me most are switch grip and chalk. Oh, the other thing you could do if you really want to hit your hamstrings hard with your current grip/grip strength is single-leg versions.

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.

Good idea about single leg deads.  I had forgotten about those :) 

--------------------------------

Yesterday I decided to take Ghostlet to the trampoline park in the afternoon so I didn't go to the park.  I don't think I did anything productive in the morning.  

When we got to the trampoline park, the lady at the front desk told us they were cleaning the foam pit and that some of the trampolines may not be usable for an hour or so.  We decided to chance it and went in anyway and discovered that "some" in this case meant "pretty much all", and "an hour or so" was more like "5-6 hours".  Next time we go back, though, they will have 3 new trampolines :) 

h5nTTfY.jpg

It actually worked out fine in the end, because there were not that many other people there, and I cleared off one of the small trampolines and practiced backflips, while Ghostlet found another one and practiced front flips.  He was doing really well and landed quite a few (it is the first time for him to successfully land a front flip).   He was apparently quite popular with the girls, because while he was practicing his, there was a line of 5-6 girls sitting on the side watching him.  (Later I even saw him flirting with one of them and she was flirting back!  I am seriously not ready for the whole dating thing, but I guess it will come sooner or later...)  I found a place on the side to practice handstands, and, perhaps it was because I was still relatively fresh, I had 3-4 of them that I held for a long, long time.  I wasn't timing, but they were easily 30s+, maybe even close to a full minute.  Very happy with those :)   We ended up staying there messing around for more than 4 hours because the chaos and mess made for a bunch of new things we could play around with.

Dinner was pizza (Papa John's)

• Like 11

Level 2 Ninja

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

He was doing really well and landed quite a few (it is the first time for him to successfully land a front flip).   He was apparently quite popular with the girls, because while he was practicing his, there was a line of 5-6 girls sitting on the side watching him.  (Later I even saw him flirting with one of them and she was flirting back!  I am seriously not ready for the whole dating thing, but I guess it will come sooner or later...)

Using his athletic skills to impress people? Wow, I wonder who he gets that from? :P 

• Haha 11

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

9 hours ago, deftona said:

Using his athletic skills to impress people? Wow, I wonder who he gets that from? :P 

seth meyers no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

white goodman dodgeball GIF

ha ha laughing GIF

Went to the park this morning to work on muscleups and handstands, but muscleups were just not happening.  Could be because I slept too late last night or aybe it was just a low energy day, but I didn't feel like pushing it, so I did gymnastics stuff instead.  I worked mostly glide kips and giants, but pretty much some of everything (including some non-gymnastics stuff like bar hops).  Handstand were still good, so I guess consistency probably does help after all ;) 

When I got home I did my hip extension module for MyFlex and then screwed around on Diablo until Ghostlet got back from School.  They got their finals results today and Ghostlet killed it: 98% on all three of his big tests (English, Chinese and Math), which were the lowest scores for any of his finals.  I'm pretty darn proud of him.

IN the afternoon Ghostlet's friend came over so we all three played Diablo together until he had to go home.

Dinner was Enchiladas (using this enchilada sauce) but I probably should have replaced the chili powder with taco seasoning, because it came out way too spicy for Ghostlet.

sWHLB8S.jpg

• Like 10

Level 2 Ninja

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

98% on all three of his big tests (English, Chinese and Math), which were the lowest scores for any of his finals.  I'm pretty darn proud of him.

Heck yeah!! Way to go, Ghostlet! Smart AND good with the ladies ;) 

Image result for liar liar gif

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

IN the afternoon Ghostlet's friend came over so we all three played Diablo together until he had to go home.

I love that it's "couch co-op"! Heather and I used to play often. She's a BIG fan of top down action RPG's like Diablo.

Seems like you're killing it, brother! I wouldn't expect anything less if I'm being honest, so....KEEP KILLIN' IT! 

Image result for diablo 3 gif

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Yay Ghostlet! :D 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1