• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedPandaOne

Red Panda has deja vu

I was going to go into the Adventurers, but decided I'm more of a Rebel instead!! This is my second challenge after a couple year hiatus, and the last challenge didn't go so well. So I'm going to repeat almost all of it. 

Goal 1

Soda - only drink it 1-3x a week. End goal is to only have it on Tuesdays when I'm at trivia. How am I going to accomplish this? Try not to have it in the house. And when I do, just try to avoid it.

Goal 2

Exercise - do it at least 3x per week. Even if it's just taking my phone and walking Main St. to play Harry Potter. Just get moving!! (I also plan on buying a treadmill this week, which will hopefully arrive by the end of next week)

Goal 3 (new goal)

Measure/log my food - while overall my food choices are okay, I believe I am still eating too much of it. Because too much of a good thing can still be bad. So, Monday thru Friday I want to log my food to get a good sense of what I'm doing and fix anything that needs to be adjusted. 

Goal 4 (edit for this last minute add on)

Stop spending excess money!!!!

I can only put a max of $100 on Normal card (unless an emergency like needing new brakes happen). I'm going to pretend to call my mom when I want to use it, and if I feel embarrassed asking for her permission, then I won't buy it.

Travel credit card I will only be allowed to use for travel expenses only. 

• Like 7

On 6/27/2019 at 7:49 PM, fleaball said:

Welcome back! 

Thank you!

Happy first day of the challenge! I took rest week seriously and didn't post anything. Needed a mental break. But I am back!

I had planned on working out this morning, but then I forgot to change my alarm last night. Remembered this morning when it went off. Oops. Maybe if the weather isn't too hot I'll do a quick change and go out after work. 

I wasn't able to order my treadmill last week due to needing to replace the breaks on my car. But the new credit cycle has begun and I just placed the order today. Hoping it gets here next week. 

My hope had been use my under desk elliptical in the meantime, however I hit a major snag with that one too. I was storing it in my parents garage due to lack of storage space where I am. It was tucked all nice up again a wall and out of the way. Well, my dad decided to give it away last week without asking. When I was home this weekend my mom asked me if I had wanted to give it away. I said I hadn't made up my mind what I was going to do with it, but I was going to grab it anyway. Her response "So, you didn't tell your father to give it away?" Nope, I had told him I was undecided with what I was going to do last time I was here. Needless to say, I was pissed. She had already yelled at him for not double checking with me. He didn't even get any money for it, just gave it to someone. And he gave it with a dead battery and without the power cord (which I don't even know where that is at the moment). The good news in all of this is that he felt so guilty that I got a text message from my mom this morning that he got it back yesterday. I'm thinking he gave it to a friend who was okay with giving it back. Whomever it was is very understanding to give it back. I'm going to try and get it on Sunday when we have a family dinner. Still not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it since I now see it won't fit under my desk (computer and massive power block strip thing). Maybe I'll put it in my bedroom until the treadmill comes. 

• Like 3

No walking for me today. We've officially hit summer, so any outdoor activities will need to be done in the morning. I did find some shade at lunch and went outside, but my behind (where pants go down and shirt rides up) is now covered in mosquito bites. Its either that or a sunburn when I go out, this is why I'm pale and overweight, nothing good happens when I go out. Just kidding. Sort of.

Anyway! Here is my food for the day. I've been bad with meal prep this week. Tomorrow will be the rest of the pizza.

21d661d7e17a96ca5bf46043ecb63562.jpg

• Like 2

I was going to ask if you were still in the Boston area because I remembered seeing you mention it in the past. Seeing Papa Gino's gave me my answer lol.

Oh, dang!  The mosquitos have been vicious.  Foolish me forgot about rain + heat = miserably itchy legs thanks to doggie demanded walks.  

• Like 1

Oh, I am sorry about the itchy legs! I had to apply some cream this morning, I counted at least 5 bites, and I didnt even check my legs/hips. My friend sent me a link to this bracelet thing that states it prevents bites. Not sure I believe it, but if I can keep it at my desk so I can go out without applying bug spray it would be great.

Okay, so I'm going to edit my challenge to add a goal. 

Goal 4

Stop spending excess money!!!!

One (of my two) credit cards I just had to pay last night was more than my paycheck, and I needed to draw from the savings to cover the balance AND pay the rest of my bills that are due in the next two weeks. This has been common for the past year. My savings has dipped significantly. I no longer have a rainy day fund. If an emergency happened, or if I lost my job, I would not have enough to sustain myself. I haven't had this little money in about 10 years. I wanted to cry when I went to bed last night. 

So, starting next pay cycle, I can only put a max of $100 on normal card (unless an emergency like needing new brakes happen). Travel credit card I will only be allowed to use for travel expenses only. Why am I starting next cycle for both? Because travel card already has roughly $600 on it, and regular card has about $200 (so no more for this one). Travel will be a new cycle next week. 

• Like 2

Alright, time to recap the day.

Soda - it's Tuesday so I had Pepsi at trivia. And only 1 glass

Exercise - I walked across the street to get my lunch, does that count? Round trip is 10-15 minutes

Track food - picture at bottom of post

Spending - no credit card use today
91ed3538df1c5bde8f7eb2dfa395b570.jpg5012950318beb99f568688cf0e6d675d.jpg

• Like 3

Before I forget, here is today's update:

Soda - none!

Exercise - does carrying a watermelon from my car up a slight of stairs into my apartment count? No? Then, nope.

Measure/log food - yes! Pictures below (I need to eat more in the green category...)

Money - I did use my normal card for a $30 Amazon purchase, but Mom would approve. I bought a shower curtain and rod plus some magic erasers. I installed the a/c in my living room and shes the one who told me to buy the curtain to help keep the cold air in the room. And my roommate spilled I dont know what on our floor and walls and I need something to clean it up because we are out of cleaning supplies that would work on this stain. If she had just used the paper towels we do have, well....

Tomorrow is the 4th of July, holiday here in the USA and I'm going to a BBQ. I read Steve's email about planning. I think I'm going to try and stick with fruit and water as best I can. And one cheeseburger. I normally dont go out because I dont want to drive home with drunks on the road, but I'm trying to be more social. c7c5bc2fbd59386007bc7fd7a7233dda.jpg9dd099acf85cf2d190cd4dc90cc7e918.jpg

• Like 4

4th of July update! Even though I went over budget, I did pretty well for a BBQ

Soda - none!! (Though I did have sangria...)

Exercise - does carrying the watermelon out of my house and into the hosts' backyard still count?

Track/measure food - pictures below. Measuring was done by using the hand guidance system.

Money - no credit card use

200de6af859f0d8c766a3b7f9dc622e8.jpg9e0100c4bcbc0fad19b7a2a061f55902.jpg

• Like 3

Guys! Guys! Guys! Guess what I just did?! 20 minutes of strength training!!!!

I got exercise in this week!!

Also today:

Soda - nope

Measure/track food - yup

CC use - nope

I've also noticed one of the reasons I dont get up and exercise in the morning is that I dont want to disturb the others living in the house. Like, if I work out in my bedroom I may bother my roommate across the (very short) hall, or the people on the other side of the wall. And if I do it in my livingroom then I may bother the person whose bedroom shares the wall and living room is below mine. I dont want to be that annoying upstairs/next door neighbor at 5:30 am. I'll figure this out. Still waiting for my treadmill to arrive.

79df4cf715c03b1a9368db756fbfa85f.jpg120d4924ba93d4a7c3c6141aba6472c6.jpg

• Like 4

I compeltely forgot to update this weekend!

Saturday:

Soda - nope, and I even went to the movies. I resisted! 

Measure/log food - yup

Exercise - I was going to, and then I fell asleep on the couch. Oops. But there was a thunder storm, it was so calming!

Money - no CC use

Sunday:

Soda - yes. Went to a Mexican restaurant for my sis-in-laws birthday. Only drank one soda and had just one sip of my mom's margarita. I'm getting a lot better at only have 1 soda while out for dinner

Measure/log food - sort of. Did so for breakfast, but not for the rest of the day. I ate so much chips and guacamole, but only ate half of my grilled chicken quesadilla. 

Money - no CC use!

Exercise - no. Spent the day at my parents doing laundry and chilling with my cat. I needed some pet therapy, and I miss the buggers now that they live with my parents until the end of the year. 

Today is a new day! I plan on dancing to The Fitness Marshall after work. I love his workout videos, he is just so hilarious. And his boyfriend doing some of the level 1 moves is motivating to watch. And if it's not his boyfriend, he has some actual plus size dancers. Screw my neighbors, I'm going to dance tonight!

• Like 2

Need opinions. 

I've been going to Boston Comic Con every year for the last 5 or so years, for the last 4 I've gotten a hotel room. It started because initially I was an hour+ drive away so it just made sense to stay in Boston. Now I'm only about 20 minutes away, but it's nice after a very long day at the con to just walk across the street and collapse and not have to worry about driving or taking the train and then driving. 

This year I had booked 3 nights, checking in Thursday and checking out Sunday. It was going to be over $800. So I decided to take it down to 2 nights. I couldn't change my reservation online without the rate changing, so I booked a second reservation at the cheaper rate, getting it around $500 total. I then couldn't cancel the first one online. I called and was informed that there was a one night penalty charge for cancelling. No where did it say this, it's a Marriott property so I was under the impression that I had up to 3 days before like normal. So I tried to cancel my second one since it was only booked the day before and keep the first. Same penalty. Guy on the phone agreed with me that I shouldn't be penalized trying to cancel a month out. He couldn't get around it so he sent an email to someone to contact me to see if the penalty could be waived for one of the reservations. This was Wednesday, I wasn't expecting to hear back until this week due to the holiday. 

My dad is an elite Marriott member. He's been staying with them for over 30 years, they do whatever to please him he's that high up. So I joked I should get him involved and he said he would, just give him the reservations numbers. So, I go online just now to get the information, and come to find out BOTH reservations have been cancelled! I don't know if I've been charged. I wanted to talk to someone to see what my options were. I was still debating on whether or not I wanted to stay for 2 nights. 

So here's where I need help. I need to save money. However, I'm also really thinking about my safety. I go hard at the cons, dead on my feet when I leave. Yes, it's only a 20 minute drive, but driving tired is dangerous. 

So, do I:

1. Rebook now

2. Wait to make a decision (it's in one month)

3. Drive in, but still need to pay $60 a day for parking (about $180 for the entire weekend)

I had it budgeted, but do I stick with it is what it's coming down to. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 8:59 PM, RedPandaOne said:

I've also noticed one of the reasons I dont get up and exercise in the morning is that I dont want to disturb the others living in the house. Like, if I work out in my bedroom I may bother my roommate across the (very short) hall, or the people on the other side of the wall. And if I do it in my livingroom then I may bother the person whose bedroom shares the wall and living room is below mine. I dont want to be that annoying upstairs/next door neighbor at 5:30 am. I'll figure this out. Still waiting for my treadmill to arrive.

How close are you with the people who may or may not be impacted? Are you able to either text or talk to them about it? Maybe do the workout at a time where they are all home and awake and see if they hear anything before doing it in the morning? That way, you'll know whether or not this is an issue before trying it out at 5:30. Back when I was renting, I lived in a house with a guy who lived in the basement who played drums. We coordinated that pretty easily, even though my bf at the time worked a late shift. 

24 minutes ago, RedPandaOne said:

So, do I:

1. Rebook now

2. Wait to make a decision (it's in one month)

3. Drive in, but still need to pay $60 a day for parking (about $180 for the entire weekend)

4. What's the cost of using Uber or Lyft instead? IIRC, when I was in the Boston area, it was less than $20 a trip to get from the suburbs to the city (we were staying in Woburn). 

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

How close are you with the people who may or may not be impacted? Are you able to either text or talk to them about it? Maybe do the workout at a time where they are all home and awake and see if they hear anything before doing it in the morning? That way, you'll know whether or not this is an issue before trying it out at 5:30. Back when I was renting, I lived in a house with a guy who lived in the basement who played drums. We coordinated that pretty easily, even though my bf at the time worked a late shift. 

Not too close. The one that shares living room wall/floor I see on occasion. I may be able to ask her next time I see her. The ones that I share a bedroom wall with? I honestly don't even know if someone is living there at the moment. The one person I am close with in the building thinks they moved out at the end of June. I haven't seen their cars since the first of the month. Two new cars showed up in the driveway the first two days of July, but I haven't seen them since. I haven't hear the closet door open and close in awhile. It could just be that they were on vacation last week. If it's still them, I think I've seen them twice in the last year. But if it is new people and they are a couple sleeping in the other bedroom I shouldn't have an issue. I'll figure that out this week. 

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

What's the cost of using Uber or Lyft instead? IIRC, when I was in the Boston area, it was less than $20 a trip to get from the suburbs to the city (we were staying in Woburn). 

I never even thought of that! I'm in the Woburn area (it's about 20 minutes north of me up the highway). A shared Lyft looks like it would be about $20. 

• Like 2

End of the day, time for a update.

Soda - nope
Exercise - yes! Did about 20 minutes from the YouTube channel The Fitness Marshall. Omg, was I sweating.
Measure/log food - yes, pics below
Money - no CC use today

183ca450cc2f88ecc33ab8e9cf52e1f5.jpg5a7a6d44b1e5caf9b88d6f71be9f1fc2.jpg

• Like 3

I'm exhausted but let me post before I forget.

Soda - yes (trivia night) but only had one even though I really wanted a second

Exercise - no. But I did walk up and down the flight of stairs at work about 4-5 times today, I usually only do it once. My legs were so sore from dancing yesterday I wasnt sure I could do the stairs a couple times

Measure/log food - yes, pictures below. My lunch today was a new recipe, greek cucumber subs. Messy but good

Money - no CC use today

7ed745ac067ec5ae82b3dd1350f44e92.jpg85724a75895f206c8fc7516051f958c9.jpgdc42def2183dead46dd178665ef56bbd.jpgeedf5f707024a14e549ab0f1f387d881.jpg

• Like 3

The greek cucumber subs don't meal prep well, even though they say they do. I'm also not sure I want to eat the 3rd one tomorrow. If I do, I need to scrap off all the hummus, I don't like it. 

And as much as I don't want to, I've decided not to get a hotel room for Boston Comic Con. I'm going to take Uber/Lyft in everyday. I'm going to Disney/Universal in October so that $500 will be better spent there. You have no idea how much this pains me! 

Speaking of "pain" my legs are still sore from Monday! I'm going to try and do another round today. I've already done the stairs at work 4 times, and I've got at least one round I need to do. Why does the postage meter machine need to be one the first floor only?! 

• Like 1

Okay, what does your food app have against olives and cheese?

Also, 100% that money will be better spent in Orlando! Taking an Uber or Lyft sounds like a great compromise between staying over and having to drive yourself (and I'm not just saying that because I recommended it!). 

• Like 1

Haha, I was wondering who was going to comment on that first. Red doesn't mean "dont eat" just means dont eat too much. Which cheese is a main staple in my diet so it sucks. I think its red because it's high calorie and not that filling? Green foods tend to be very water rich.

Its the Noom app/program. Thought I'd give it a try. So far no weight loss. Been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. Story of my life. And it's all water weight.

Yea, I was looking at some of the souvenirs I want to buy (I need new Harry Potter robes, I bought the wrong house. I'm not gryffindor, I'm ravenclaw!). They are not cheap. They are about what parking would cost. And we are going to be there for the wine and food festival so I need some extra money for the lovely snacks I want to try! I can guarantee my mom will sneak me some money before I go, but I'm 33! I shouldn't be relying on my parents for that. But I wont turn it down either, momma didnt raise no fool!

• Like 2

The day did not end as planned.

I was going to workout.

I instead received my new treadmill and asked my friend to come over to help me get it up to my bedroom. While she was driving over my male housemate come over and helped. The three of us then spent the rest of the night playing cards against humanity and ticket to ride. I also had 2, maybe 3 downeast ciders. I think it was 3, but honestly can't remember, I was already buzzed at 1 and drunk at 2. I'm a light weight.

So I had a lot of fun tonight, but those empty calories did not help!

Wednesday goal recap:
Soda - no
Measure/track food - yes, but a drink may be missing
Exercise - no, but I was sweating by the time we got the treadmill up to my room
Money - no CC usage

6ae54cfb1808993997cc4c08debde50c.jpg2364087eaeb3c02f5621f3c8e7318310.jpg

• Like 1