• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedPandaOne

Red Panda has deja vu

You guys will be proud, I did not go to IKEA.

I had an 'eff it day. I knew I'd go over in calories but I literally only have Red Food in the house right now.

I've been in a mood all day. Like, could potentially cry at a drop of a hat. That usually means one of two things 1) PMS or 2) I'm getting sick. I think it's a combo of both. It's shark week next week and my tummy has been bothering me all day. It's either shark week cramps (which I haven't had in YEARS!) or I'm coming down with another bug.

So, today's recap:

Money - resisted the dark side

Soda - no, but the thought crossed my mind. And I've apparently replaced it with (homemade) chai lattes so I need to work on that too

Exercise - I needed sleep and I was afraid I was going to puke if I did when I got home

Track/Measure food - yes. Lunch was hard since I bought it from the cafeteria. But using my hand as a guide, I got a rough estimate

06b81c1b09a14bd9aa4e53634da2e129.jpg75d24e1c1e6411e1345f58a9bf2d08d2.jpg

• Like 2

Foiled again! Got up to walk on the treadmill and it started to make the sound again. I can get it to not make the sound when I'm off it. But when I start walking i dont know if I push the tread off or what, but it starts making the sound.

It's going to be over 100 tomorrow, so it'll be a good day to stay hidden in my a/c bedroom and try to fix it.

I also think my scale is broken. When I first weighed myself it told me I was 184! I wish! Next two had me at 219, which correct. But I'm wondering if it actually is because I've never seen it go 40 pounds less by accident.

• Like 2

Unknown mini goal complete: I got my travel blog up and running!

nerdgirltravel.com

Hoping to make a little spending cash with it. Not aiming to be a major one where travel is fully funded by others, but enough that I feel more comfortable every month.

• Like 3

My scale is definitely dying. It first had my at 164 (oh man, I miss 164!). Next two had me at 207, last was 219. I dont know if it needs new batteries or if it's just kicking the bucket. Batteries will be first. Makes me question a lot.

Yesterday!! Yesterday did not go as planned and was not the best.

Exercise - none. Fell asleep at 8pm. Got 13 hours of sleep....

Money - no CC use

Soda - none, but I had a chocolate milkshake....

Food - I did measure out my breakfastand lunch, but dinner.. I've been craving 5 guys all week and I caved. Double my calories later....

bceeb4ac2b8ede6ce5b4ebbff43d877f.jpg7a436bfc8c14371e309580521480b53e.jpg

• Like 2

Treadmill still not working. Spent yesterday afternoon working on it. I can get the belt centered, but not stay centered. Once I start walking on it it moves so I am missing a key step in fixing it. Have an email to customer service to help.

• Like 1

We are not going to talk about Sunday....

So let's talk about today!

Soda - nope

Money - no CC use

Exercise - yes! Fitness Marshall for half an hour. I was dripping sweat by the time I was done. I dont feel like I'm working out that hard, but according to my fitbit i raised my heart rate enough for it to count!

Track/Measure food - so I eat more processed foods than Noom likes. I was also hungry all day today! But when I started eating lunch I couldn't eat it all. But then when I got home I could have had everything in the kitchen. Then I danced and my appetite went away. I actually ate the mixed fruit just to reach 1200 today.

824e5225d061a7f0bf9082b851f12a77.jpg0075fc5b5201dccac0c556388edbd65a.jpg

• Like 2

My mom and I went to see Michael Buble last night. Omg, that man can sing! I am so tired this morning, I didnt get home until midnight. Concert got out at 10:20, I was able to leave the parking garage at 11.

Why am I mentioning this? Because I've hit the f*ck it stage of Noom. I'm having a venti chai latte this morning to keep me awake. A month and a half following their plan and no budge in my weight. Officially monthly measurements are next week (that I do, they still want you to weigh yourself every day), so maybe I've lost inches, but if anything I think I've gained because i dont think my work pants are as loose as they were.

I am just tired of trying to stick to such a severe deficit, seeing everyone else saying they've lost 5-10 pounds and I'm just sitting here the same.

So, as part of the f*ck it stage, I also had deep dish pizza at Unos last night. And a Pepsi.

Goals:

Soda - yes

Money - put the parking garage price of $25 on my card. Though my mom was going to pay for it so she might slip me the money later. She arrived early and didnt need to prepay the fee, but when I got there an hour later they were charging at entry.

Exercise - no

Track/Measure food - even though I said f*ck it, I still tracked those a$$hole calories

And one of Buble grabbing some guys phone who was face timing the show for his girlfriend/wife/daughter, I dunno, some female in his life. He kept the phone for about 2-3 songs06e7a385d139fda199ccd0699dbf7fc6.jpg45f7cdab63a776ea40111731d9c2d12b.jpg6cbb7e08c1453a5bd26d78ef1cb87817.jpg

• Like 2

Just doing some quick searching this morning, I'm kind of tempted to go to this clinic. I was talking to my mom last night about how frustrated I am with not being to lose the weight. She's seen me struggle my entire life with it, and she's right there with me too. Poor woman blames herself for some of my weight problems. But one of the questions she asked last night was is there a doctor who specializes in finding the cause of weight gain and treatment, someone who's first thought is to test thyroid, not put someone on a diet. My first thought was a nutritionist, but I wasn't sure. 

First search had me going to weight loss surgery doctors. No, I don't want surgery. Well, I do, but I know it's not right for me and I'd most likely gain the weight right back. I want someone who will look at the whole picture, internal and external. Rule out any diagnosed medical problems, and then work on behavior. This clinic appears to do that. I am just so scared of what it will cost. 

Am I overreacting? I feel like me going "f*ck it" and overeating at 1500 calories is not really overeating, it's what I did last weekend with five guys, which is not common for me at all. Fast food is not a major part of my diet, I cut that back a lot in 2004 when I did WW and had to read...oh god I can't think of the book name now. It was a book about fast food in America.... Oversize It... Oversize Me... I'll have to go look that up. Anyway, I had to read it for my Freshmen year of college as part of orientation. So being on WW for the first time and reading that was eye opening. I only eat fast food now as a last resort. Or apparently when I'm really really craving a burger.

• Like 2

It sounds worthwhile to go and see what they say there. If you are trying things that aren't working, it's definitely worth looking into alternatives.

I guess I just didnt want people to be like "why are you making excuses? You're problem is clearly blah". I dunno. I called and made an appointment for their orientation. Will be going on Monday. Let's see how this goes.

• Like 4

I got home about an hour later than planned. I had plans to workout and I lost motivation to do so. But guess what? I pulled my ass off the couch and did it. I said a halfassed workout is better than none. Turns out I burned almost 20 calories more than Monday doing the same routine!

Soda - no, but did have the chai

Exercise - yes!

Money - no CC use

Track/Measure food - yes

7d4bbeb6ae482de055b9c7248aa9f7c3.jpg8e775b1a08d4601c72aaa863c4a3aa56.jpg93982d73bccd4c6a117546cf4ea1c1ab.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RedPandaOne said:

I guess I just didnt want people to be like "why are you making excuses? You're problem is clearly blah". I dunno. I called and made an appointment for their orientation. Will be going on Monday. Let's see how this goes.

I hope it goes well for you! At the end of the day, if you think there is a problem, it makes sense to test to either confirm or deny. If you haven't been getting the support to get that confirmation, you should look elsewhere. Personally, I really like the idea of, "let's validate that these common issues aren't a factor" first. That way, it gets rid of a lot of excuses.

I'm interested in hearing how it goes!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 10:26 AM, RedPandaOne said:

Good job! I'm also interested in hearing how it goes :) 

• Like 1

So I realized I never updated for Thursday and Friday:

Soda - no for Thursday but yes Friday

Exercise - no for both

Money - I did use my card to buy a shirt one day (I think it was Friday)

Track/Measure food - yes for both

I had a chiropractor appointment today. He's worried about my weight, he saw me put it on. He's going to look into some bariatric departments to check out. My dad also today asked if I've lost weight. Told him according to my scale I haven't. He thinks I have. But I also mentioned to him that I'm going to the clinic on Monday and he said if I needed help with that to let him know. I know my biggest factor for that will be price. 2abd440e4ddbfbc6581e9725777e1709.jpgc2c634791b39616c9a5a6c0ccfda6cec.jpg4b39abadf2fa47108a0a21bba305bd99.jpgc5dd062cf04c3198ba142f495e9e1113.jpg

• Like 2

Left the clinic holding back tears I was so frustrated. It is not what I was looking for. They do test for medical problems (yay!), but should have known there was an issue when they compared obesity from 1994 to today. I know some time in the 90s people literally went from being healthy to overweight over night because the CDC(?) changed the classification overnight. Now, I wont deny Ameicans have gotten fatter since then, but to do this comparison without a caveat is deceiving.

What they leave off their website is that their program consists of meal replacements for every meal for 12 weeks. That's right, meal replacements FOR. EVERY. SINGLE. MEAL. FOR. 12. WEEKS!!! No real food for 3 whole months. You then need to sign back on for another month to be reintroduced to actual food.

I now need to do some more searching for a program that does the same thing but with actual food.

• Sad 1

Ugh, I'm sorry it wasn't what you expected. But I am glad that you aren't buying into the meal replacement method. 

Question for you: when was the last time you had a physical with your primary care doctor / routine blood testing? Is it possible that you can get that done and request thyroid testing also (as I know this is something you are concerned about)? 

My last physical was about a year ago. When I went to this doctor, about 3ish years ago I asked him to test my thyroid and it came back fine. But I know how inaccurate the test can be, a lot of false negatives if they dont do a deep dive test. And I think they did just the baseline one. I'm looking for a new PCP that's closer to me and hopefully will be more willing to do tests.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedPandaOne said:

My last physical was about a year ago. When I went to this doctor, about 3ish years ago I asked him to test my thyroid and it came back fine. But I know how inaccurate the test can be, a lot of false negatives if they dont do a deep dive test. And I think they did just the baseline one. I'm looking for a new PCP that's closer to me and hopefully will be more willing to do tests.

Something else to consider: I know some people have success in getting additional testing done by asking their physician to document in the chart that they requested a specific test and the request was denied. You can also see an Endocrinologist instead of your primary care physician to discuss your issues. Not sure if your insurance requires a referral, but you can request one regardless. 

That being said, the test really isn't as inaccurate as it's been sensationalized to be. There are subsets of patients where a TSH isn't going to pick up on thyroid issues, but they aren't very common. Honestly, the bigger issue is that there isn't a good standard for when treatment needs to occur (i.e. at what level are interventions necessary). 

• Like 1