• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

"Tempered by the fires of Hell, his iron will remain steadfast through the passage that preys upon the weak. For he alone was the Hell Walker, the Unchained Predator, who sought retribution in all quarters, dark and light, fire and ice, in the beginning and the end, and he hunted the slaves of Doom with barbarous cruelty; for he passed through the divide as none but demon had before." - UAC Report File 9REIZDUR

Related image

Welcome back to another challenge! I'm so glad you joined me :D. In the last installment, I was FINALLY able to gain some traction and create a consistent routine of living life, working out, and leading my family or as they are better known, The Wolfpack. And now, we keep the streak alive and continue to employ good habits to keep the momentum going! My theme for this challenge (and possible future challenges) will be none other than: Doom. Or, more specifically, The Doom Slayer; the main protagonist in the Doom series. I remember back in the day playing the original Doom, which came out in 1993. It was my very first PC gaming experience and I enjoyed every minute of it. I also remember reading the first book in the Doom series:

Image result for doom novels

I must've been in...6th or 7th grade when I read "Knee-deep in the Dead" and remember loving it. There's 3 more books in the series that I wouldn't mind reading them one of these days. I'm more of an audible listener now, but, I could save those for a rainy day or two ;).

In the last challenge, I embodied the legendary retired hitman, John Wick, to get me started. The challenge was a roaring success. This time around, I'll embody the beastly Doom Slayer. My goals will more or less be the same, with maybe a few things added, but the same three plans are still in play:

• Plan A: Relentless
  • Plan B: Focus
  • Plan C: Calm Under Pressure 

Plan A: Slayin' Workouts like a Doom Slayer- Relentless

Image result for doom eternal

Jeez Louise....My man is STACKED! #BIcepGoals

I will continue Powerbuilding; something I discovered the last challenge. It's basically combining Power-lifting and body building to create an aesthetically pleasing athletic look while being strong as a bear and conditioned like a wolf.

Goal: 4x a week using a PPLFB split (Push/Pull/Legs/Full-body) and using Saturday as a conditioning day which can involve things such as sprints and metcons. Anything to get the heart pumping and the sweat pouring!

Possible Points: +2 STR, +2 END, +2 DEX

Plan B: Slayin' Demons makes my Hungry! - Focus

Image result for fight like hell doom gif 

Hands off my peanut butter and banana sandwich, foul beast!

Since I've upped my activity level, I'm finding myself hungrier and hungrier. I need to fuel as best as I can and maintain my energy levels to match my workout intensity levels. I will intermittent fast on non training days and conditioning days so I'm still burning fat and shoot for 5-6 smaller meals during training days, including high caloric food like peanut butter and banana sandwiches for snacks. This does not mean I can eat whatever. The goal is to eat high quality foods that are good for me. NOT Junk food.

Goal: 

• Intermittent Fast (IF) 3x a week - Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
  • Eat like a Slayer (5-6 smaller meals) - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday

Possible Points: +2 CON, +2 WIS

Plan C: Slayin' Speeches and Fillin' Roles - Calm Under Pressure

Related image

*Continuation Goal from the previous challenge*

I officially joined Toastmasters at my job and completed my "ice breaker" speech a little over a month ago and my second speech just recently. What many of you may not know, is that public speaking used to scare the crap out of me. Like, for real. Now, it's not so scary having already done a few speeches ;). My focus aka pathway is Presentation Mastery. I love the community here and have become good friends with all the members. Toastmasters happens every Wednesday during lunch time and I want to make sure that I'm constantly filling roles needed for each meeting and working on my pathway. Public speaking is not something I'm great at and any opportunity I get to work on my weaknesses is welcomed with open arms.

Goals:

• Finish Level 1 before the challenge ends
  • Fill a role 4 separate times
    • 1 role filled during the last challenge - 3 more to go
  • Bring in 1 new member before the challenge ends

Possible Goals: +4 CHA, +1 WIS

I'm really excited about this challenge and it's theme. The Doom Slayer or "Doomguy" is a cool and badass character. As of right now, I'm also playing through the 2016 remake of Doom on the Xbox and having a hell of a good time! Now, it's time to suit up and "Raze some Hell"!!

Related image

Wolf 

• Like 13

I hadn't realized you were scared of speaking in public. Woot for going out of your comfort zone! I like the plan of conditioning on Saturday, I may need to steal that idea. And fun challenge!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following to watch you doom your goals to completed oblivion.

giphy.gif

HAHA! This is a great gif. I'm always happy to have ya aboard, my friend!

And just to keep the Doomguy dance theme going-

Related image

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Always so organized, and themed, and nicely formatted.   How could I not hang out here?

Aww, thanks, Puck :D :D! It's good to see ya! It's as entertaining to me as it is to you guys to build my challenges like this. Plus, I wanna be motivated when I come and update and embodying the Doom Slayer seemed appropriate ;) 

Image result for doomguy gif

1 hour ago, RhiaWolfe said:

giphy.gif

Heya Wolfpool! I'm back and hanging out, perving your challenge with the best of everyone! Let's get it!

WOOT WOOT! Haaaaiiii Rhia! It's so good to see you :D. Yes, please, come hang out! Challenge with us. Be badass with us!

Related image

56 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I hadn't realized you were scared of speaking in public. Woot for going out of your comfort zone! I like the plan of conditioning on Saturday, I may need to steal that idea. And fun challenge!

Yeah...public speaking alllllways gave me reoccurring stress dreams lol. Well, maybe not that bad, but I did NOT like getting up in front of people. I decided to try Toastmasters initially because I know God has said I would have a ministry one day...and what that ministry looks like, I have no clue. I do know that being more comfortable speaking in front of people is going to help with all that :). Yusssssssssssss! Conditioning Saturday is da best! It's hard, but it's worth it. You could easily do some sort of KB metcon and call it a day. 

Today's workout-

Monday, 06/24: Push Day

Warm-up: spent about 10 min from various angles working internal and external rotations on the cable machine with some incline push-ups

2 x 5 bench press

• 65# x 10
  • 95# x 8
  • 115# x 6
  • 2 x 135# x 5

*Today I went full on bar to chest. I usually float about 4-6 inches off my chest because of my shoulder but wanted to test it out today. It felt good. A little heavy, but good nonetheless.*

2 x 8 Incline 35# DB bench press > cable cross 12.5# (upper) TF

• 17 reps TF
  • 14 reps TF

2 x 3 dips > cable cross 7.5# (lower) TF

• 12 reps TF
  • 12 reps TF

*Dips are still hard for me given my previous shoulder injury. It doesn't hurt to do dips now, I'm just REALLY weak doing them. I miss the days of pumping out 12-15 of them, however, starting over, I gotta start from the bottom and work my way back up to the top.*

2 x (10 x triceps rope push downs > 8 x overhead rope extensions > push down iso hold using 55#

• 26 second hold
  • 22 second hold

8 x landmine press w/ 25# (using bent-over row machine where the plates are loaded on the front and you have a platform you row from) -rest pause- landmine press TF

• 8/7 (right)
  • 8/6 (left)

8 x Arnold press -rest pause- Arnold press TF w/ 20# DB's

• 8/5

Food:

I'm off work today, so, after I got home from the gym, I had my Green Shake ™, 3 hard boiled eggs (dipped in cajun seasoning) and two pieces of Dave's killer bread toasted with some butter. For a snack, about 3 hours later, I had a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich with a small glass of milk.

Wolfie's Green Shake ™ Recipe-

• 1 cup of coconut water
  • 1 granny smith apple, cored
  • 3 TBS of flax seed
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1.5 scoops of chocolate veggie protein from Sprouts
  • 1/2 banana 
  • handful of organic spinach (because it's #2 on Dirty Dozen list)
  • 8-10 ice cubes 

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I can't claim the entire recipe for myself since I got the idea from Centr, the fitness/diet thing from Chris Hemsworth. The only thing I added was the flax seed, lol, but, still.....it's a very refreshing shake. You can substitute the protein, of course, or add something like almond/peanut butter :). I figured if it was good enough for Chris Hemsworth then it's good enough for me.

Image result for chris hemsworth wink gif

Anywho, have a great rest of the day everyone! I'm gonna try and catch up on some Zero Week challenges!!

Related image

Wolf

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

• 1 cup of coconut water
  • 3 TBS of flax seed
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1/2 banana 
  • 8-10 ice cubes 

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I can't claim the entire recipe for myself since I got the idea from Centr, the fitness/diet thing from Chris Hemsworth. The only thing I added was the flax seed, lol, but, still.....it's a very refreshing shake. You can substitute the protein, of course, or add something like almond/peanut butter :). I figured if it was good enough for Chris Hemsworth then it's good enough for me.

This is VERY similar to the green smoothie that I have been having lately.  I however keep forgetting the chia seeds I want to add to mine.  I like the smoothie but I am getting to a point where i need to change it up (I am getting bored!) Oh and I throw the whole darn avocado in because storing the them is a pain in the a$$.  

Excited that you have found your rhythm and are making progress!!!  :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart: . OMG, I remember the original DOOM, that was when I figured out the video games make me car sick, hahaha!

Oh and I kept Chris Hemsworth because it's Chris Hemsworth winking at me!!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

I'm off work today, so, after I got home from the gym, I had my Green Shake ™, 3 hard boiled eggs (dipped in cajun seasoning) and two pieces of Dave's killer bread toasted with some butter. For a snack, about 3 hours later, I had a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich with a small glass of milk.

• 1 cup of coconut water
  • 3 TBS of flax seed
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1/2 banana 
  • 8-10 ice cubes 

Mmm... shake....

Mmm... Chris Hemsworth... 

I've thought about getting out my blender and start making shakes and smoothies. I'll need to look up some good recipes. Most of the ones I know are fairly high in sugar because they have juice as a base. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3542332

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Terra said:

This is VERY similar to the green smoothie that I have been having lately.  I however keep forgetting the chia seeds I want to add to mine.  I like the smoothie but I am getting to a point where i need to change it up (I am getting bored!) Oh and I throw the whole darn avocado in because storing the them is a pain in the a$$.  

I haven't got bored with mine...yet, but that is always a possibility. Figuring out the thickness consistency has been a challenge, too! I notice if I don't juice a whole lime that the shake tends to be super thick. Chia seeds are great little additions as well, I forget that we have some up in one of the upper cabinets, lol. And, I hear ya about keeping the avocado's. I throw my leftover ones in the fridge in a little ziplock baggie for storage. It browns a little, but that's usually just surface level. I guess you could always dice them up and freeze them?? 

Excited that you have found your rhythm and are making progress!!!  :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart: . OMG, I remember the original DOOM, that was when I figured out the video games make me car sick, hahaha!

Thank you, Terra :D! I'm excited that I've found my rhythm too. Stella has FINALLY got her groove back ;) hahaha. Ya know, you're not the only person that can't play video games because of that reason. AND, video games are so much more advanced from the time the original Doom was around. By law they have to give a "this game could cause seizures - stop playing immediately if this occurs" warning before the game even starts up :(

OH! And I found this for you -

Image result for doomguy laugh gif

HAHA! If I remember correctly, Pinky Pie is your fav, right??

Oh and I kept Chris Hemsworth because it's Chris Hemsworth winking at me!!!  

I don't blame you...

23 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Mmm... shake....

Mmm... Chris Hemsworth... 

Related image

I've thought about getting out my blender and start making shakes and smoothies. I'll need to look up some good recipes. Most of the ones I know are fairly high in sugar because they have juice as a base. 

I like the one I've been drinking because it's not overly sweet and heavy. I used to add plain yogurt in mine and I guess I didn't realize how much I DON'T miss it having not added it in my shakes in over 3 weeks. A lot of what you'll have to do is experiment and see what you like/don't like. I will say that lime with my shake is a game changer :) 

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3542332

HA! :lol: another great gif, sir. You were on point yesterday! 

Related image

I was up late last night, so, I forwent the gym this morning and just moved it to this afternoon after work. Trying to deadlift while tired just seemed like a terrible idea and a recipe for injury. Heather made a nice dinner last night: Lemon quinoa salad with chopped romaine, rotisserie chicken, grape tomatoes, cooked red onions and a balsamic-garlic salad dressing. It was friggin yummy! And that was with me forgetting to add the feta cheese lol. 

So far today, I've eaten/drank:

• 1x 18 oz shake 
  • 3 hard boiled eggs
  • 1x 8oz cup of coffee

I haven't been super hungry so I wasn't about to stuff myself. I'm gonna make a PBB and honey sandwich and go grab a salad from market street in a little bit. They have a really good cobb salad there for under $5 ;)

I'll post an update later this evening if I have time, otherwise, I'll just add in today's Pull workout with tomorrows Leg workout. I've come to love my pull day the most...and maybe that's because of the pump I get from doing some bicep curls...or maybe because I'm starting to figure out my form on deadlifts which makes it easier to lift heavier without fear of hurting myself. Who knows. Either way, I'm fired up and ready to slay these next two workouts!

Related image

Edit: I set a goal out for myself this month to lead my team in loans worked. We just got an update and so far I'm 8 loans ahead of 2nd place with 3 worked today already! If I keep up the pace this week I should hit over 50 loans (which was my numbered goal ) and get a nice bonus at the end of next month :)

Wolf

• Like 4

Heya wolfie!!! I've missed you while I've been breaking from the forums - followingggggg!!! :)

• Like 1

I stopped reading the updates at the first sign of Hemsworth, and now the lot of you keep posting more.

Stop.

Please.

Don't.

I'm kidding.

More.

• Like 2

Following. Love the theme. Played lots of Doom in high school. My first game you also reference, namely Wolfenstein. Found loads of help with some Toastmasters groups in the past. Love the goals. Kick ass!

42927-castle-wolfenstein-apple-ii-screenshot-hold-up-the-guards-and.gif

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I stopped reading the updates at the first sign of Hemsworth, and now the lot of you keep posting more.

Stop.

Please.

Don't.

I'm kidding.

More.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Raxie said:

Heya wolfie!!! I've missed you while I've been breaking from the forums - followingggggg!!! :)

I've missed you too, Raxie!! I've been following you more on IG and seeing all your kick ass dancing pics/vids! I really love how you've just owned the whole dancing gig and you're REALLY good at it. :D #Scorpio'sCanDance

19 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Stop.

Please.

Don't.

I'm kidding.

More.

LOL!! Ohhh, you rascal, you! Fine-MOAR HEMSWORTH!

Image result for chris hemsworth sad gif

Related image

17 hours ago, forkboy said:

Following. Love the theme. Played lots of Doom in high school. My first game you also reference, namely Wolfenstein. Found loads of help with some Toastmasters groups in the past. Love the goals. Kick ass!

42927-castle-wolfenstein-apple-ii-screenshot-hold-up-the-guards-and.gif

Woot woot! Good to see ya Forkboy :D. Yeah, old school Doom was legit! And, funny thing, Wolfenstein was my original name here on the Ranger forums before I decided to act like a girl and change it. It went from Wolfenstein > Wild Wolf > Wolfpool > SheriffWolfpool since 2015. The latter and my current name is also my XB gamer tag ;). Toastmasters is the highlight of my work week for sure. I love the people there and I love the progress I've made with getting over my fear of public speaking. 

Shall we kick ass together????

(Funny side note-I found this image and the title for it on Google says "Doctorake becomes DOOM GUY!" @doctorake)

5 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

*Instantly regretting bringing up Chris Hemsworth*

Related image

02/25 Food Log:

• 1x 18 oz green shake 
  • 3 hard boiled eggs
  • 1x 8oz cup of coffee
  • handful of almonds & 2 large Medjool dates (yum!)
  • 1x PBB w/ a packet of honey sandwich
  • 1x post workout protein shake w/ coconut water
  • 2 x salmon burger patties w/ steamed broccoli and spinach
    • I drizzled avocado oil on both items- with shredded cheese on the broccoli w/ some cajun seasoning and some balsamic vinegar w/ cajun seasoning 

06/25 Pull Day WOD:

General "pull day" warm-up

2 x 4 trap bar deadlifts

• 135# x 8
  • 145# x 6
  • 155# x 5
  • 2x 165# x 4

2 x laps on monkey bars (TRX)

2 x pull-ups TF > inverted TRX row TF

• 6/6
  • 4/5

1x chin-ups TF > chin up iso hold on last rep TF

• 4 reps/8 seconds

Active deadhang TF

• 17 seconds

2 x 8 curls 45# curl bar > 2 x 8 cross body hammer curls w/ 15# DB's

Cable curls drop set: 10x > 10x > 10x

• 55/40/25#

10 x wide grip overhand bicep curls 35#

20 x light bent over rows 50# > 10 x face pulls 25#

2.5 min intervals x 2 row machine (hard pace)

• 1:57 per 500m pace/ 640m total 
  • 1:59 per 500m pace/ 620m total

Stretch/Cooldown

*This was a great workout. The trap bar deadlifts really kick it off and I love the pump aka "how jacked" I look after all the exercises :D*

*02/26 food log still in progress-will update tomorrow*

06/26 Leg Day WOD:

General leg day warm-up w/ jump rope

2 x 5 back squats

• 95# x 10
  • 115# x 8
  • 135# x 6
  • 185# x 5
  • 205# x 5
    • These felt heavy today. I think it's because I was tired.

2 x 30 seconds overcoming isometrics leg press w/ 450#

2 x 8 one leg leg press w/ 90#

2 x 10 lunges w/ 25# DB's -rest pause- lunges TF

• 10/6 (each side)
  • 10/5 (each side)

10 x light good mornings 

Stationary bike metcon

• 30 seconds hard/30 seconds easy
  • 5 min total

Stretch/cool down

Two very taxing workouts in a 12 hour time frame....I. Am. Whooped! This Doom Slayer needs a nap. I did slay the workouts, though ;) 

I'm probably going to take a nap when I get home. I've seriously been fighting sleep all day-only two loans worked compared to my normal 4 :(.

Wolf

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Get some rest.

No nap yesterday, but a much better nights sleep and today's a rest day :)

Food Log 6/26:

• 18 oz Green Shake ™ (6:30 AM)
  • 3 breakfast sausage patties (9:15 AM)
  • 3 eggs (11:15 AM)
  • 3 sandwiches from Jason's Deli (without the bun) (12:15 PM)
    • 2x turkey, swiss, avocado, tomato and spinach
    • 1x chicken salad w/ pineapple
  • handful of almonds and 2x large medjool dates (2:15 PM)
  • 2x salmon burger patties, serving of steamed broccoli and a heap of sweet potato fries (8 PM)

I was pretty busy helping with Trixie when I got home, so, I didn't get to snack on anything until we ate dinner. The sweet potato fries were amazing. Heather cuts them and "fries" them in the Air Fryer ;)

Today is a Fasting Day. I haven't eaten anything yet, just water and some coffee. I'll probably eat in the next hour or so. We made some hotdogs for the boys last night, Hebrew National all beef hotdogs to be exact, and we had 4x leftover dogs, so, I brought those with leftover broccoli for lunch. If time permits, I would love to do a yoga flow at the house when I get home. I really want to implement more yoga into my weekly routine, especially after a 3-day onslaught on my body and I KNOW y'all have some good suggestions on video's/flow, so send them my way, pretty please :D.

Story Update: The Company

I'm still in the "world building" phase of the story but and outline is on the horizon. I really want to nail down character development for the main character, Wade Jennings, and his two partners in crime, Sammy J the dark complected sassy elf sniper and Sanctus, the elf assassin dressed as a priest with a mysterious past. Once again, my story is a LitRPG, which means Literary RPG. Think of something similar to Ready Player One, but with stats, level ups, skills and a slue of missions and NPC's. And if you've read/watched Ready Player One, you may recognize the main character and my main character have something in common: their first name. However, my Wade is derived from Wade Wilson, aka Deadpool ;) and his initials are opposite of John Wick ;). Wade Jennings and Wade Watts (Ready Player One protagonist) have nothing in common except their love for video games.

I had initially wanted Wade to be a pistol expert (because of John Wick), but have instead changed that to shotguns to round out his group better. And my inspiration was none other than the Doom Slayer :).

Image result for doom slayer super shotgun gif

Is a combination of John Wick and the Doom Slayer odd? Maybe. But I'll make it work, lol. 

Anywho, I hope everyone is having a good day today?! 

Image result for doom slayer gif

Wolf

• Like 6

I'm pondering buying an air fryer. So you give a thumbs up for how they cook sweet potato fries? Having fries is my number  1 reason for wanting an air fryer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

I've missed you too, Raxie!! I've been following you more on IG and seeing all your kick ass dancing pics/vids! I really love how you've just owned the whole dancing gig and you're REALLY good at it. :D #Scorpio'sCanDance

Awww thanks Wolfie! I have really been embracing the heck out of it for sure - it's more or less taken over my life honestly and I'm loving every minute of it.

If time permits, I would love to do a yoga flow at the house when I get home. I really want to implement more yoga into my weekly routine, especially after a 3-day onslaught on my body and I KNOW y'all have some good suggestions on video's/flow, so send them my way, pretty please :D.

Are you looking for something stretchy and flowy for a range of motion sort of thing or something more geared towards strength?

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm pondering buying an air fryer. So you give a thumbs up for how they cook sweet potato fries? Having fries is my number  1 reason for wanting an air fryer.

Yes ma'am, a BIG thumbs up!! 

Image result for doomguy thumbs up gif

The air fryer also makes yummy zucchini and squash "chips". I'm sure there's other ways to use it, but we've been exclusively using the air fryer for sweet potato fries since we got one for Christmas :).

3 hours ago, Raxie said:

Awww thanks Wolfie! I have really been embracing the heck out of it for sure - it's more or less taken over my life honestly and I'm loving every minute of it.

Yessssss, I saw your busy schedule in your challenge thread, lol! #ALLDADANCING

Image result for doom slayer emotes gif

3 hours ago, Raxie said:

Are you looking for something stretchy and flowy for a range of motion sort of thing or something more geared towards strength?

Ummmmm, I guess I'm looking for something geared more towards strength. Stretchy and flowy sound good too, but, I feel like I would enjoy the challenge more of a strength oriented one :)

Guys! I didn't break my fast till like 1:30 this afternoon! WOOT WOOT! That puts me at a 16 hour fast since I was eating around 8 last night...not too shabby!

Wolf

• Like 3

Yoga Resources

Sean Vigue: Probably exactly what you are looking for. Tons of power and injury prevention-focused flows aimed at athletes.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motleyfitness

DoYogaWithMe: All types of flow. On the website you can stream as well and sort by flow and/or duration. Heather & the kiddos may like this channel more.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/doyogawithme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh hai

If you rinse your cut avocado off under cold water then put it in the fridge it forms a little barrier and you don’t need plastic wrap/baggie.

I hope your mind is as blown as mine was when I learned that :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Yoga Resources

Sean Vigue: Probably exactly what you are looking for. Tons of power and injury prevention-focused flows aimed at athletes.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motleyfitness

DoYogaWithMe: All types of flow. On the website you can stream as well and sort by flow and/or duration. Heather & the kiddos may like this channel more.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/doyogawithme

SEAN! Yesssss, that's who I was trying to remember from back in the day. Thank you so much, Foxxy! :D 

4 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Oh hai

If you rinse your cut avocado off under cold water then put it in the fridge it forms a little barrier and you don’t need plastic wrap/baggie.

I hope your mind is as blown as mine was when I learned that :P

Really?? Wow, I did NOT know this. And yes...mind (or body is blown) right now...

Related image

Also, HAI, Yasha!! :D 

(I try to check on other threads before I update mine and low and behold I commented on Foxxy and Yasha's challenge before I knew they commented on mine. HA!)

06/28 Full-Body WOD:

General Warm-up

2 x 10 36" box jumps

2 x 10 leg lifts (on the floor)

2 x 10 stability ball crunches

2 x 10 (L+R) lying down rotations (with knees in the air and slowly falling to either side)

5-6-7-8 ladder of:

• Squat w/ TRX shoulder iso-hold
  • TRX rows
  • push-ups w/ an extended push at the top

The little ab workout in the beginning was tough. I do a lot of in-direct ab work through my big lifts and other exercises but rarely actually work them in isolation, and that's gonna change. I'm shooting for working my abs a little every day moving forward to address some weaknesses and imbalances I KNOW I have, and not because I'm trying to make up for lost time, but because I'll see so many great benefits from it in all area's of my fitness ;) I've been following a guy named Jeff Cavaliere on YouTube and he owns Athlean-X. I like his videos a lot and his advice, IMO, seems like it's super legit and works. The whole "address the abs deal" came from a video I saw last night, and so, for the duration of this challenge, I want to work abs a little every day to see the benefits. 

I'll update my food log over the weekend and hopefully will get to batch cook some meals for the week on Sunday. Heather and I have done that before and saw great benefits from it, so, I'd like to get back in the habit of doing so :).

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Wolf

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

I try to check on other threads before I update mine and low and behold I commented on Foxxy and Yasha's challenge before I knew they commented on mine. HA

On the bar at the top of the page that has the options "Nerd Fitness" "Private Coaching" "Browse" "Four Week Challenge" "Activity" and "Leaderboard" if you hover over "Activity" and select "Content I started" it will show you your own challenge thread so you can be sure you start with your own challenge thread.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

On the bar at the top of the page that has the options "Nerd Fitness" "Private Coaching" "Browse" "Four Week Challenge" "Activity" and "Leaderboard" if you hover over "Activity" and select "Content I started" it will show you your own challenge thread so you can be sure you start with your own challenge thread.

I think I might have known that, but either way, thanks for the tip, Tank :D

06/27 Food Log:

• Broke my fast at 1:30 PM
  • 3 hard boiled eggs w/ cajun seasoning (1:30 PM)
  • handful of almonds and 2 large medjool dates (3 PM)
  • cashew alfredo chicken with banza pasta and asparagus (7:30 PM)

6/28 Food Log:

• 18 oz Green Shake ™ (6:30 AM)
  • 3 hard boiled eggs (9 AM)
  • leftover cashew alfredo chicken w/ banza pasta and sliced cherry tomatoes (12:15 PM)
  • handful of almonds and 2 large medjool dates (3 PM)
  • 1.5 serving of chicken tortilla soup with half a squeezed lime (8 PM)
  • 2 almond scones (9:30 PM)

We watched Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse last night because it hit Netflix. I remember how much I enjoyed it the first time I watched it and it was just as good the second go-round. This was Heather's first time watching and she loved it! It's got really good humor and action and I highly recommend you see it :D.

I stayed up till like 1:30 last night playing Doom, lol. The level I was on was pretty tough and I died a couple times during this part near the end. There were a ton of larger, more powerful enemies and they kept destroying me. I finally buckled down and kicked some demon ass, though! It helped that I had a Quad Damage Power Up ;)

Related image

It makes it better that it's purple.

Anyways, I'm gonna adult a little today, clean the kitchen, get some laundry done, and then we have church tonight at 5:45. Sometime today, I'm gonna do a conditioning workout and sweat some bullets! I hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far! 

Image result for doom gif

Wolf

• Like 8