Man so much hype here Wolf!    Great to see these positive updates!   Get me all super juiced to be bad ass myself.    Great rundowns on the workouts... makes me want to go out right now and lift some iron (I can't, it's work hours right now lol).

I have totally done the same thing with incorrect plate math.    I posted it on my twitter feed for #dndfitness, that I was unsure if I should be proud for the PR, or ashamed of the failed math lol.

giphy.gif

Keep up the great work Wolfie!

• Like 1

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

5 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

So, I didn't go the gym yesterday. I ended up having to pick up Declan from his camp after work and then go pick up Heather and the rest of the Wolfpack from her mom's. Heather's grandma had to go to the hospital yesterday and it's looking like they want to keep her for the next 2 days. I'm praying everything is OK, but I think it may have something to do with her heart. By the time we got home, it was almost 6 and we still needed to clean the kitchen and make dinner. I knew if I went to the gym that it would not only be selfish, but it would put Heather in a bind because she was cleaning/cooking and someone needed to watch Trixie. Yeah, Racer could of helped, but he's 9, there's only so much he could of done. So, I took the day off from the gym and took care of baby girl while Heather made an awesome dinner: Airfryer "fried" shrimp that she breaded in the paleo pancake mix, homemade coleslaw and some steamed broccoli. Wooooooweeeee! It was delish. The shrimp we used was wild caught that we got from Sprouts, and they were pretty big shrimp. I ate 6 of them, cut them up into smaller bites and ate them on top of the coleslaw. I was gonna use tortilla's to make shrimp tacos, but decided against the extra carbs of the tortillas. 

You did the right thing.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

48 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Man so much hype here Wolf!    Great to see these positive updates!   Get me all super juiced to be bad ass myself.    Great rundowns on the workouts... makes me want to go out right now and lift some iron (I can't, it's work hours right now lol).

Lol, thank you so much, Puck! It means a lot. Like I've said before; I've been so inconsistent the last...feels like the last year! And now, things are finally getting into a groove and better yet, I'm already seeing some muscle gain!

You are bad ass, btw ;). Have you found some inspiration yet? I'm heading to the gym after work to NOT skip leg day for the week, and if you're still feeling juiced after work, you should go throw around some iron yourself :D. You're more than welcomed to steal my workouts and use them for yourself!

P.S. I hate wanting to go lift and being held back by my day job lol

48 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

I have totally done the same thing with incorrect plate math.    I posted it on my twitter feed for #dndfitness, that I was unsure if I should be proud for the PR, or ashamed of the failed math lol.

giphy.gif

Keep up the great work Wolfie!

HAHAHA! I'm not too embarrassed by my lack of math skills. More just, "Wolfie! Why didn't you ask the front desk to begin with? You know what happens when you assume things, right??" LOL :P

Thank you again for the support, Puck. You rock!

Related image

33 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You did the right thing.

giphy.gif

'Preciate that, brother. Plus, I got quality time with Trixie. NEVER a bad thing :D.

Wolf

• Like 6

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

14 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

The new ones that have come out in the past few years were really good. Lara needed a solid makeover and Crystal Dynamics did her right. Plus, she has a pick axe now that she fights and climbs with! 

11 hours ago, Hansjay said:

Really? Because the newer Lara Croft is my favourite. Ugh

My biggest complaint isn't with the character but more with the platform/gameplay.  Or maybe language?  The later games I only played in Chinese, and so suddenly you will be getting trapped by a bad guy and nothing I do can get me out.  After dying a few times in a row, I get a message/tutorial flashing up on the screen, but it is in Chinese.  So as I am struggling not to get choked out, or am getting gnawed on by a wolf, a message will flash for 1-2 seconds on the screen that says something like "X的按钮没用,Y的按钮更没用,按LT就等于自杀"  It just got so frustrating that it wasn't worth continuing with the game.

Maybe if I was running it on a PC in English I would have enjoyed it more.

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

My biggest complaint isn't with the character but more with the platform/gameplay.  Or maybe language?  The later games I only played in Chinese, and so suddenly you will be getting trapped by a bad guy and nothing I do can get me out.  After dying a few times in a row, I get a message/tutorial flashing up on the screen, but it is in Chinese.  So as I am struggling not to get choked out, or am getting gnawed on by a wolf, a message will flash for 1-2 seconds on the screen that says something like "X的按钮没用,Y的按钮更没用,按LT就等于自杀"  It just got so frustrating that it wasn't worth continuing with the game.

Are you learning Chinese?

• Like 2

Class and Profession: Rangers
Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Current Challenge: Hani Gets Back On The Health Choo-Choo

1 hour ago, Hansjay said:

Are you learning Chinese?

Not as such anymore, but I should probably keep trying to learn more.   I have been living in Beijing for the last 15 years. 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The language switch would probably make your game play a lot more enjoyable, but who knows. If you ever do get a chance to play them again, try it and see ;).

Camp Gladiator didn't start till 6:30 last night so I decided to just go to the gym and try and make it out to camp tomorrow morning for their Saturday session. I did my leg workout for the week and felt pretty awesome about it.

7/18 Leg Day:

Warm-up: foam rolling, leg swings and KB goblet squats

Back Squat: 5RM, 5RM, 10RM, 20RM

• 205#, 205#, 175#, 115#
    • This was much better than last weeks and more on par with my "rep max" numbers. I think next time I'll go a little heavier with my 20RM, though.

BB Hip Thrust: 20RM, 10RM, 5RM, 5RM

• 40#, 60#, 80#, 80#

DB Bulgarian Squat hi/lo w/ 15#: 2 x 10 alternating hi/lo

DB reverse lunges x 10 -rest pause- reverse lunges TF w/ 15#

• 10/7

Cable step out: 2x 30 second each side using 30#

I forgot to do the plyo hops after my Bularian Squat exercise, which was annoying, but overall this was a great workout. I need to remember to integrate hip thrust and other glute exercises into my routine. A strong butt correlates with ALL other lifts.

Today is Declan's play! He's spent all week at a theater arts camp, and the theme is Hotel Transylvania lol. Declan gets to play a zombie and he's pretty excited about it. This also means I don't have to stay in training till 445-5 today because his play starts at 4. So, I'm leaving around 3-3:05 :D. It'll be a nice jump on the weekend! We're also going to pick Jamison up after the play and will keep him over the weekend.

Notable things coming up in the next couple weeks:

• Next speech is next Wednesday, the 24th. I'll follow that up with an evaluation of a speech the next Wednesday which should complete my level 1 training for Presentation Mastery
  • July 28th, we're getting Trixie dedicated at the church! I'm really excited about this. John Cruse, our campus pastor and also the dad of one of very good friends, Neiman, is dedicating her. It's going to be an amazing day! We'll probably have 10-15 family members there to experience the whole thing :D
  • The first week of August (5th-9th), I'm back in training.... <_<. Also, Heather and the Wolfpack are leaving on the 6th and coming back the following Monday, the 12th. It's gonna be weird because I normally only spend a few days away from them, but they are headed to Beavers Bend for the week to camp, fish and enjoy mother nature. During this week, I plan on working out like a mad person, writing at least 1 hour a day, playing video games and trying to catch up on sleep. I'll probably plan to hang with my brother that weekend and go out and play some frisbee golf. It's been WAAAAAY to long since I played last. 
  • Speaking of working out, I decided that in August, Chad and I will start the BeastX training program from Athelan-X. I've been looking into all the programs and trying to get an idea on which one would best suit us, and the BeastX program is the winner. We're gonna get the unlimited access pass and work through the 4-5 phases of it, totaling 4 months. After that period is over, we'll re-access and do the program over again, but this time with heavier gains and new PR's. Now that I FINALLY have a handle on my training and diet, I really think that by the end of the year, I could be in the best shape I've ever been in. I'm definitely motivated by it ;).

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today! And, Happy Friday!! 

Related image

Wolf

• Like 8

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Sorry for the delay with my food log, but here it is since I last updated (minus today):

586958918ec22036cac5590481415e91.jpg

P.S. when I mention “salmon burgers” it also means bun-less ;)

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Spoiler

Happy Monday, everyone!

I had a good weekend-busy, but good. I ate OK, it was a little carb heavy, but that's about it. We went over my dad's house Saturday to hangout for the day and he made French Dip, one of my ALL time favorite meals. I had 2 sandwiches. Then, we took the kids to the park/splash park for an hour or so. Dusty (my step brother) and I messed around with the ZipChip, a little circular shaped, silicon disk that you toss like you're skipping a rock. It's a lot of fun to play with. I also did a couple jump muscle-ups at the little gymnastic park near the splash park. I used to work out there years ago because they have dip bars and pull-up bars. It's been a while since I've done any type of muscle up progression, but I managed about 6-7 of them and would do 3-5 bar dips once I was on top. I wanted to do dips, but the bars were wicked hot from the heat of the day. 

Declan's play on Friday was awesome. He really had a good time and I hope we can get him to more camps. We also rented Shazam! and watched it. It was pretty good! I think I like Aquaman and Wonder Woman better, though. 

Related image

I streamed some Doom Saturday night again for #SlayerStreamSaturday and did pretty good. Not saying I'm better than my friend who I streamed with, but I died less and got further along in a shorter amount of time lol. I'm really getting the hang of that game! I also found out something epic: QuakeCon is in Dallas!! Not only that, but it's held in Dallas ever year! QuakeCon is a gaming con held by id Software (creators of Doom), Bethesda and anything in relation to those companies and is considered the larges Lan party in the world. They have a thing called BYOC aka bring your own computer and people can enter Quake tournaments and possible win money! This year's QuakeCon is called "Year of Doom" because Doom Eternal comes out right after my birthday. The best part is, is it's free to go. So, I signed up. I should be able to play a sneak peak of Doom Eternal there too along with possibly talking with the developers and getting to see various panels regarding to Eternal and other games from id Software and Bethesda. WOOT WOOT!

Image result for doomguy gif

I'm super pumped! The con is going on this Thursday-Sunday, but I'm only gonna try and go Saturday for a few hours. I'm waiting for them to release the schedule so I know about the Doom Eternal panels and then try my hand at playing :D. All these years and I had NO IDEA that QuakeCon was held in Dallas every year, lol. I'm gonna take lots of pics and post them on here.

07/22 Push Day:

Warm-up doing light military press and then some light internal/external rotator work

4 x Bench press: 6/10/10/12

• 155# x 6
  • 115# x 10 x 2
    • I could of gone heavier here
  • 95# x 12

Incline press machine drop set: 10 > 10 > 10

• 91#
  • 81#
  • 61#

2 x dips TF > crossover cable flexion (each arm) TF w/ 15#

• 5/L:18/R:19
  • 4/L:12/R:14

2 x (12x triceps cable push downs > 10x overhead extension > push down iso hold TF) w/ 55# cable

• 17 seconds
  • 17 seconds
    • Remember last week when I said 55# seemed REALLY heavy? I think I know why. The "cable" part on the machine I used last week isn't really a cable at all, but a flat band. So, I'm thinking it adds way more resistance because I crushed the 55# on the other cable this morning. I can't think of another explanation, otherwise. 

8x landmine press -rp- landmine press TF w/ 25# plate

• L:5/R:6

12x DB hammer grip skull crushers 10#

10x Arnold press -rp- Arnold press TF 25#

• 10/6

A solid workout today. I can definitely see strength improvement in a lot of areas as the weeks continue. And as Chad and I near starting the BeastX program, I have laser focus. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend and ready to crush the last week of the challenge?! 

Related image

Wolf

• Like 5

Spoiler

Have fun at Quake con!

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

07/23 Pull Day:

Foam rolling, KB deadlifts and leg swings

2 x 4 Deadlift

• 165# x 8
  • 205# x 6
  • 215# x 5
  • 225 x 4 x 2

3x laps on TRX monkey bars

2x: chin-ups TF > inverted TRX row

• 9/7
  • 4/6

2 x 10 45# curl bar > 2 x 10 cross body hammer curls with 15# DB's

Cable curl drop set: 10 > 10 > 10

• 55/40/25#

2 x 10 light bent over rows w/ 50# BB > 2 x 10 face pulls 55#

I cut out a few things due to time constraints today. Once again, the 225# was pretty heavy but I felt good form wise and think that next week's deload week will really help me once the BeastX program starts. I have no idea what's in store with that program and don't want to transition into it being tired from the last 5 weeks. Or is it 6, lol? I haven't had a deload week in a while.

I have an interview with Costco at 445 today and I'm hoping that goes well. They did tell me they need open availability...which I can't do due to my current job, but I'm hoping they will overlook that because I have prior costco experience. We'll see what happens. I'm definitely praying about it. I also applied for the Garland Fire Department but was denied because it's been less than a year since I smoked weed. I'm 10000% done smoking these days, but unfortunately, it's only been since Trixie was born. Maybe in a year I can re-apply. 

The DOOM: Eternal panel I want to go to at QuakeCon isn't until Saturday morning, so, I think I'll just go Saturday for the day and try and get my chance to play Eternal before it comes out. Either way, it's gonna be a good time :D

Image result for quakecon 2019 schedule

Wolf

• Like 7

Spoiler

On 7/23/2019 at 3:09 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

I have an interview with Costco at 445 today and I'm hoping that goes well. They did tell me they need open availability...which I can't do due to my current job, but I'm hoping they will overlook that because I have prior costco experience. We'll see what happens. I'm definitely praying about it.

It looks like they are gonna look past me having a job!! Woot woot!! The interview yesterday went great and I got a call last night to come in this afternoon for a second interview. That interview went really good and they said they wanted to go ahead and get my background check/mouth swab going. I filled out paperwork and they are gonna call me with a formal offer in the next day or so. I'll probably start next weekend! Ohhhh man things are about to be busier than ever...

Finding a balance is gonna be a challenge but I think I'm up for it.

Related image

Wolf

• Like 6

Spoiler

Yay! Congrats!!

• Thanks 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I agree with sloth... is mouth swabbing common practice over there?

Congrats on the interview success! (Even if it means they’re going to clone you)

• Haha 1

Congratulations Wolfman! I hope they don't clone you, I'm not sure the world can handle the awesome of two Wolfies running around!

• Haha 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Mouth swabs are for drug testing. There are jobs that for insurance reasons drug test their candidates.

• Like 1

Man, for a boy you have some really awesome printing!  I love it!   Haha.    (I am a connoisseur of writing you see...)

Yay on the hopeful Costco-ness.   Good luck on the balancing act!    And oooh Con!  I haven't been to one in like a year... I am jonesing hard now.

• Like 1

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

9 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Yay! Congrats!!

Thank you, Foxxy!

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mouth swab? They’re gonna clone you brother. They’ll fire you and next time you go in you’ll see yourself working there.

HAHAHA! Well maybe my clone can work there for me and I'll just reap the benefits of the paycheck. I may have to go all Prestige on his ass, tho!

Image result for the prestige clone gif

7 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I agree with sloth... is mouth swabbing common practice over there?

Congrats on the interview success! (Even if it means they’re going to clone you)

Costco is still the only job I've ever known to do a mouth swab for a drug test. The majority of places do a pee test. Thank you, though! I'm excited about it (even if it means my schedule is gonna be jam packed!)

6 hours ago, Jarric said:

Congratulations Wolfman! I hope they don't clone you, I'm not sure the world can handle the awesome of two Wolfies running around!

Related image

Thank you sir!! Good to see ya, too, Jarric :D

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Mouth swabs are for drug testing. There are jobs that for insurance reasons drug test their candidates.

LOL. I couldn't help but laugh here. Tank, the Encourager of factual facts ;) 

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Man, for a boy you have some really awesome printing!  I love it!   Haha.    (I am a connoisseur of writing you see...)

Yay on the hopeful Costco-ness.   Good luck on the balancing act!    And oooh Con!  I haven't been to one in like a year... I am jonesing hard now.

Lol, I've been told this a time or two! I have a buddy I used to work with and if he needed things hand written he would always come ask me to write it haha. I'm a big fan of paper-to-pen writing. There's just something....relaxing about it ;)

I'll let you know how QuakeCon goes. I'm excited about it for sure. And there's always the chance to make new friends and meet some cool people. What was the last Con you went too?

I'm also pretty stoked about Costco. It's a physically demanding job, completely opposite of what I do during the day and I think it will compliment my training. I should be getting in tons of steps, too!

3 hours ago, Raxie said:

Wow sorry I fell a little behind here!

That air fried shrimp Heather made last week sounds BOMB.  I've really been debating getting an air fryer.

Congrats on the job interview going so well!!

Girrrrl! No need to apologize! You get here when you can and that's ALWAYS gonna be good enough for me ;). Air fryers are the bomb. I don't think you'd regret buying one. However, if you don't have an instantpot yet, I would recommend that before an air fryer. That's just me though. I LOVE our two instantpots.

Thank you for the congratz :D!

My speech went really well yesterday. I was over on my time by a little less than a minute, but I received so many compliments. Heather, Declan, Orin and Trixie came up to see my speech and meet the Toastmaster club members, too. Even though the challenge ends this weekend, I'm going to count my evaluation next week. I've been trying to get the one lady that does the training to attend TM, but she hasn't came by yet. Even with that being said, I will have completed my level 1 pathway, something I set out to do at the beginning of last month. It feels good to set that goal and accomplish it!

In the spirit of QuakeCon, I started researching Quake (the game) a little more. A lot of the emote gifs I've found from the Doom Slayer are from a game that came out in 2017 called Quake Champions. Its a FPS (first person shooter) game only for PC and apparently at QuakeCon they are gonna have a huge tournament with cash prize winners. One of the characters in Quake Champions name is Ranger:

Image result for ranger quake champions

He's considered one of the best champions in the game and has this super swanky ability called: Dire Orb. 

Image result for ranger quake champions

The purple orb is the Dire Orb. At a quick glance, Ranger kind of looks like Thanos here.

Anyways, the orb is shot out in a straight line and there's a few things it does. 

1. It allows Ranger to teleport to the orbs location if it hasn't landed on a surface area yet. This allows for speedy re-position that can give you a huge advantage tactically
  2. It can land on a particular surface area like a wall or the floor and after a few seconds will detonate like a frag grenade
  3. It can pass through enemies and damage them
  4. If you time it right, you can teleport as it passes through an enemy and instant kill them. They call this a telefrag. 

I say all this because I'm really interested in the character. He reminds me a LOT of Doom Slayer/Doomguy and reading into his history, he was based off Doom Slayer for the most part. Quake was also based off Doom. If I don't continue with the Doom Slayer the next round (which isn't likely), there's a possibility that I'll base my challenge off Ranger ;). Either that or just save a challenge later on down the road. 

Wolf

• Like 6

Spoiler

Challenge Wrap-Up: Short and Simple

If I could describe this challenge in 2 words: EPICALLY SUCCESSFUL! 

All goals were met. I worked my way up the weight ladder in the gym and on the scale (good weight gain = muscle). I tracked my food. I did the Toastmaster thing. All of it! 

Thank you all for your support and keeping me honest-I really appreciate it and couldn't do this without y'all. Please join me in my next challenge as I invade the Warriors guild and try and keep up with all their gainZZZ ;).

BEAST UNLEASHED!

Related image

Wolf

• Like 2

Spoiler

On 7/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

Girrrrl! No need to apologize! You get here when you can and that's ALWAYS gonna be good enough for me ;). Air fryers are the bomb. I don't think you'd regret buying one. However, if you don't have an instantpot yet, I would recommend that before an air fryer. That's just me though. I LOVE our two instantpots. 

Aw thanks Wolfie :D

I do have an instant pot!! It's a definite game changer - I still am surprised sometimes with how simple meals can be with it.

Omg TWO instant pots?!?!! Do you guys use them at the same time? Or for different things? Are they different sizes?

On 7/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

My speech went really well yesterday. I was over on my time by a little less than a minute, but I received so many compliments.

YAY nice job! I did a mini toast masters thing during an internship back in college - it was so good for my speaking confidence.  So glad you kicked this in the butt!

On 7/29/2019 at 11:32 AM, SheriffWolfpool said:

If I could describe this challenge in 2 words: EPICALLY SUCCESSFUL! 

giphy.gif

Does toast stand for something? Like T.O.A.S.T.? Or is it like proposing a toast? Is there toast?

...now I want toast

d3f198fb0d5176da53e9927b81b1403e.jpg

• Like 1