• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MMyers

ArmyMike's Challenge

This is a re-post from the original November Challenge thread.

Name: ArmyMike

Race: Human (Not tall or short, not fat or skinny)

Profession: Ranger (Strength and Endurance)

Goals

1. 30 Consecutive Burpees

2. 8 Chin-Ups

3. 20 Diamond Push-Ups

4. Eat Healthier, Without Having To Think About It. Hopefully get down to 195.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1299122531

My Facebook for whoever wants to add me, up to you. :P

Be a Drill Sergeant or a Cheerleader, whatever works for you. :lol:

11/14/10

Strength Day

Deadlift: 3X2X140

2X1X140

1X3X70

Regarding my Deadlift, I just literally started lifting this weekend. I found maybe a 5 inch diameter, six and a half foot metal pipe, and some Cinderblocks. The lowest weight is 28 pounds, the medium ones are 35 pounds, and the heaviest is 55 pounds, so I'm adding weight slowly.

Wide Pull-Ups: 5X1

Close Grip Chin-Ups: 5X1

Lever Push-Ups: 3X3 (Each Side)

Concentrated Squats: 3X3 [Each Side (Go down regularly, but shift emphasis to one side going up)]

Yay for burpees! I did ten broad jumps ones once, and that was enough to make me decide that doing any burpees at all on a monthly basis was a success for me! 30 at once would be completely superhuman!

I am impressed already!

alr

Yay for burpees! I did ten broad jumps ones once, and that was enough to make me decide that doing any burpees at all on a monthly basis was a success for me! 30 at once would be completely superhuman!

I am impressed already!

alr

if you really want to beat yourself up (after your ankle is better) try for 100, for time and distance. i have yet to be able to do more than 10 without resting a few minutes and saying "ehhhh... i'll go for time next time" :)

if you really want to beat yourself up (after your ankle is better) try for 100, for time and distance. i have yet to be able to do more than 10 without resting a few minutes and saying "ehhhh... i'll go for time next time" :)

To be honest, I want to beat myself up RIGHT NOW for spraining it in the first place. It was feeling so much better earlier today and then I stepped off a chair wrong (no way to get into my top cabinets on crutches and I forgot not to step down on my bad foot) today and have been in pain again ever since.

Daily broad jump burpees may be a suitable for of self-flagellation as soon as I get healed up enough to abuse myself like that again.

Gotta love Burpees. :lol:

Endurance

(In Order)

Chin-Ups: 5X1

Push-Ups: 5X5

Squats: 5X4

Push-Ups: 5X5

Pull-Ups: 3X1

Burpee Test: 6 (This should be fun)

Kept my numbers low and spread out because of my back hurting a little and still being sore form the strength day. I might have to have my strength day as the last day so I can just be sore on my rest day and concentrate on my numbers for now.

Oh man, burpees. One of the girls on Hellcats was doing them last night, so I got up and tried one. Exactly one.

Great job on 6!

Thanks, I got a lot to work on. It should be fun, and vomit inducing. :lol:

Oh man, burpees. One of the girls on Hellcats was doing them last night, so I got up and tried one. Exactly one.

Great job on 6!

Just think of adding one burpee a day, and you'll smash your goal. I mean, we always do one more, right? :)

Good luck! Looking forward to reading along.

I mean, we always do one more, right?

Yeah, I second this advise. I took an interval class once with a teacher who would say, "you can do ANYTHING for one minute, right? It's just one minute." And that got us through the whole class.

Felt like I was gonna die yesterday. I didn't think I was gonna skip it. Oh well... feel better today.

Endurance/Conditioning

Chin-Ups: 5X1 (Feeling alot easier)

Diamonds: 4X1 (Weren't that hard, but, best to be safe for now,)

Diamonds: 4X1

Burpees: 4X4

Pull-Ups: 4X1

Burpees: 2X4

I mean, we always do one more, right?

Yeah, I second this advise. I took an interval class once with a teacher who would say, "you can do ANYTHING for one minute, right? It's just one minute." And that got us through the whole class.

Yeah, I didn't think I was going to do them tonight because I was still sick. But....

"I can do ONE set of four, right, that's not bad. Nah, I can go for another set. Actually, I feel a little better..." :lol:

Looking to meet Pukie the Clown, eh? :twisted:

Didn't meet him tonight, but I'm sure he's a nice guy. However, Mr. Dry Heavie is kind of a dick.

Strength/Endurance/Conditioning

This is a long one.

Chin-Ups: 2X1

Deadlift: 3X4X70

Deadlift: 3X3X110

Deadlift: 3X3X126

Diamonds: 5X1

Chin-Ups: 2X1 (See a pattern?)

Burpee Test: 8

Burpee Test: 8 (Hit a Personal Record twice.... sets of 6 and 7 at a time are in my future)

Narrow Pull-Ups: 2X1

Wide Pull-Ups: 1X1

Heels Together Squats: 2X3

I've lost 5 pounds in 3 days.... damn you Burpees!

Didn't meet him tonight, but I'm sure he's a nice guy. However, Mr. Dry Heavie is kind of a dick.

Give it a little more practice, and you'll be kicking Mr. Dry Heavie in the dick, amirite?! ;D

Not tonight. Actually, I almost met Pukie The Clown. In fact, when I hit 8 the second time, I think my soul died. :lol:

For those of you wondering, I did not slack off this weekend. Monday through Friday I train, Saturday is a Rest Day, and Sunday is a Max Test Day.

Chin-Ups: 2

Diamonds: 2

I never go close to failure. These are sets before fatigue. I'll do a fatigue set for each this coming Sunday.

I decided to test my Pull-Ups just to see, and oddly enough, I managed to get three. And no, five Burpee days a week are enough, I will test those tomorrow... and possibly a few more days... :D

This is a long one.

Deadlift: 3X4X70

Deadlift: 3X3X110

Deadlift: 3X3X126

Diamonds: 5X1

Chin-Ups: 2X1 (See a pattern?)

Burpee Test: 8

Burpee Test: 8 (Hit a Personal Record twice.... sets of 6 and 7 at a time are in my future)

Narrow Pull-Ups: 2X1

Wide Pull-Ups: 1X1

Heels Together Squats: 2X3

hey! great job on the constant chins!

are you still doing your deads with a rod and cinderblocks? or did you get a bar?

I'm still doing them with the pipe and cinderblocks. The only main difference I feel is that my grip gets fried really quick. I can only get half of my hand around it. But it's all good.

EDIT

Total Volume

Monday (11/22/10)-Friday (11/26/10)

I did 46 Burpees this last week from what I have recorded.... I am aiming to get to 100 this week.

I did 36 Chin-Ups, aiming for 75.

I only did 13 Diamond Push-Ups.... at least 50.

Endurance/Conditioning

Burpees: 1X5

Chin-Ups: 4X1

Diamond Push-Ups: 4X1

I did this four times. It may look like a circuit, but I structured this to do a decent amount of work with one exercise, give that part a break, and then return to it somewhat less fatigued.

Burpee Test: 10 (Epic Win)

Totals

Burpees: 30 (30% of Goal Volume)

Chin-Ups: 16 (21.3% of Goal Volume)

Diamond Push-Ups: 16 (32% of Goal Volume)

Are you using a mixed grip on the bar? That makes a huge difference in grip (though training it with a regular grip will obviously strengthen, well, you grip).

And awesome job on the burpees! Epic win indeed!

Endurance/Conditioning]

Did a Burpee Ladder.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

After each set, I did Chin-Ups: 2X1 and Diamonds: 2X1

Totals

Burpees: 36

Chin-Ups: 16

Diamonds: 16

Percentage of Weekly Goals

Burpees: 36% (66%)

Chin-Ups: 21% (42%)

Diamonds: 32% (64%)

Are you using a mixed grip on the bar? That makes a huge difference in grip (though training it with a regular grip will obviously strengthen, well, you grip).

For Deadlifts I use a regular grip. Training it that way will hopefully have a little carryover to Pull-Ups and Chin-Ups. But, like I said, my bar is a decent size. I'll post a picture tomorrow if I can.

Deadlift: 1X1X140

Chin-Ups: 1X2

Deadlift: 1X1X140

Deadlift: 1X2X140

Deadlift: 1X3X140

Chin_Ups: 2X1

Burpees: 1X6

Diamond Max: 4

It was my birthday Wednesday, Thanksgiving yesterday, and I just don't feel it today. My back is sore and I'm sick. Monday is the start of another week. And I've come to realize, I don't like weightlifting. I tried it for a while once a week, and it's just not for me. It feel too unnatural. I want to do a One Arm Pull-Up eventually, and my Strength days would be better invested elsewhere, trying to achieve that. And I'd actually be happy doing that.

Sign in to follow this