Gemma can be flexible when she has to be.

Gemma

giphy.gif

Last challenge made me tired. And cranky. L'il bit depressed (that was actually mostly other factors, but my defenses were down). I met my goals, but I need a bit of recovery before going hot and heavy hypertrophy any more.

Time for <insert drumroll here> VACATION!!!

giphy.gif

-or-

giphy.gif

Seriously, could go either way.

This challenge period I will NOT be committing to any significant strength, hypertrophy,or nutrition goals. In fact, my fitness goal for at least the next two weeks is to NOT be like this at the end of it:

giphy.gif

I really just got these semi-solid triceps and deltoids, I don't want to lose them even if it is not practical for me to continue growing them up.

Over the course of this challenge, I have the following things going on:

June 26-July 1: Family in town, mini-family reunion celebrating Mom's 70th birthday. Sis rented a beach house. Mom, cantankerous step-dad, favorite sis, sis's new boyfriend, three kids aged teen to toddler, my own two East Coast sons, daughter-in-law, both grandminions ... all in one house. I'm already exhausted. I, luckily, live close enough that I can remain in my own home and escape the chaos as needed.

July 2 (bleeding into July 3): Minor but life-disrupting medical procedure that requires anesthesia. I take a while to recover from general anesthesia, so I took the following day off too and plan to be a couch potato.

July 4-7: American holiday weekend - I'm off work and base gym is closed. Will have time to work on Hobbit Hole :) 

July 8 and subsequent: Back to my normal routine, will set modest strength and nutrition targets for the rest of the challenge period at that time.

Survival plan for the next two weeks -

Yoga + kettlebells

• 10-20 minutes of yoga every day (I don't have a coordinated programme, I'll probably just open Yoga With Adriene's channel and play "eeny-meeny-flexy-toes" every morning.
  • Kettlebell swings 3x/week, 10 tabatas of 30 sec work/45 sec rest.

Don't Lose my Cool

I need to be intentional about controlling my stress level. I mean, I love my family, and on balance I think we are no more dysfunctional than the industry average, but still ... family is family, and we all know exactly how to push each others' buttons.

Lots of people in small house, stepfather who hates being in forced social environments (also hates the beach) and must be forcibly prevented from talking politics, sullen teenager, multiple school-age kids, toddler ... this has a certain amount of explosive potential.

• Headspace meditation - 10 min per day (more as needed)
  • Five minutes dedicated prayer/journaling time every day (set alarm on phone to remind, I'm terrible about remembering to do this)
  • Continue developing writing habit - 20 minutes per day in 5-10 minute blocks (I'm back up to 8 days on my 4theWords streak, and I've just joined an online writing group, so I don't want to lose that momentum.)
  • Like 4

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

18 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

66686-warner_home_video.jpg

Howdy

Hey, hi!  LOL, I looked for National Lampoon's Vacation images in my original post but didn't see this one, love it! :) 

18 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Love it - sounds like you've got a good strategy to handle the inevitable, delightful chaos coming your way imminently!

Strategy is good. Implementation of strategy is better. We shall see!

Also, some funny things happened when I went to lunch with the pastor's family yesterday. These forums don't really have a dedicated "cosplay" area, so I'm just going to describe it here for the entertainment of my fellow nerdpersons.

1. I accidentally became a mentor/adult friend to my friend's 14 year old daughter
  2. I accidentally gained a new Manga to read (which is good, because I was inexplicably struggling with Phoenix in the Read Harder challenge)
  3. I accidentally committed to go to a Con this fall and cosplay.

See, this is what happens when I try to socialize like a normal person.

The pastor's daughter is definitely in my people group - introverted nerd who does not initiate conversation with strangers. Her mom (extroverted people-person bundle of perpetual cheer, but I love her anyways) has said several times, "you and daughter ought to get together, you have so much in common!"  But since D and I would not, either one of us, ever under any circumstances walk up to the other and say "hey, we have a lot in common, we should form a cross-generational friendship because those are cool" or however that sort of thing is normally done by extroverts who can just make friends however it is that they do it ...

But D is fascinated with anime and cosplay, and has recently competed in several costume making contests at various cons around the state. I know this because her parents love to show me pictures. So, during lunch, when she leaned over to show her mom a picture of a young girl anime character, I managed to ask "oh, is that the next costume you are planning to make?"

And ... we were off to the races, talking about various nerdities and fandoms across the top of her mildly bewildered mother. When D learned that I have never been to a con, she vehemently insisted that I come with her to the next one she is going to ... and dress for it.

Cosplay appropriate to the middle-aged woman ... hmmmmm. D assures me that it does not have to be Manga/Anime, which is good because I don't know much about that world. Yet.

So far I have:

Cdr. Deanna Troi (first season uniform, long skirt over tights)

Professor McGonagall

Mama Isabella (from The Promised Neverland, above-linked Manga)

Effie Trinket (almost certainly more elaborate/more work than I want to commit to over the next few months but wouldn't it be FUN!)

Queen Elinor from Brave (also perhaps too ambitious for a beginner)

Odin's beard, what have I done?

The immediate net result was that my friend a.k.a. slightly bewildered mother came away feeling a little bit better about her daughter's obsessions - she has the typical maternal concerns of "is what D is into really healthy" and "how worried should I be that she interacts with more online friends than real life ones?" But apparently she thinks that these things haven't damaged me beyond all hope of repair, so that might keep her a bit off D's back about some of it in future. I hope.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

OBVIOUSLY I'm gonna pull hard for Minerva McGonagall - especially if you happen to have the skill of learning an accent and a couple catchphrases, because she's one of my absolute favorite characters in the series, maybe even all of literature (and not just because she's probably the type of teacher I try to be most - no-nonsense, demanding, and even-handed).

But I'll still fully support other choices, and LOVE that you made a new nerd intergenerational friend!

• Like 4

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

3 hours ago, Gemma said:

June 26-July 1: Family in town, mini-family reunion celebrating Mom's 70th birthday. Sis rented a beach house. Mom, cantankerous step-dad, favorite sis, sis's new boyfriend, three kids aged teen to toddler, my own two East Coast sons, daughter-in-law, both grandminions ... all in one house. I'm already exhausted. I, luckily, live close enough that I can remain in my own home and escape the chaos as needed.

Ah. Very good that you can escape. All you need now is to give yourself permission to do so.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d112de42e36374c59

3 hours ago, Gemma said:

July 2 (bleeding into July 3)

Was that a really grim pun? But seriously, I hope everything goes smoothly as possible. General anaesthesia is not fun. Especially if you have an existential fear of discontinuity of mind. 

3 hours ago, Gemma said:

Continue developing writing habit - 20 minutes per day in 5-10 minute blocks (I'm back up to 8 days on my 4theWords streak, and I've just joined an online writing group, so I don't want to lose that momentum.)

Yay writing habit!!! This is great. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Wow,  that family get together sounds like it has the potential for better fireworks than the 4th.

Also, that is really exciting that you and the teen hit it off.   I have never been to a con (even though I accidentally ended up staying in a hotel right next door to San Diego Comicon 2 years ago)  but they sound like fun.  Another vote for Minerva here :)

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

so many things! glad you took the day off after getting anesthesia. my family also doesn't do well afterwards and takes them a bit of time to recover. hoping everything goes well there :)

I think there's plenty of middle aged options! and you can really do whoever you want as a middle aged person. i'm thinking princess leia from the recent movies, cersei lannister or catelyn stark, and i just saw a picture of someone who did the woman owner of sylvester and tweety bird :lol:

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

On 6/24/2019 at 12:32 PM, Gemma said:

Cosplay appropriate to the middle-aged woman ... hmmmmm. D assures me that it does not have to be Manga/Anime, which is good because I don't know much about that world. Yet.

So far I have:

Cdr. Deanna Troi (first season uniform, long skirt over tights)

Professor McGonagall

Mama Isabella (from The Promised Neverland, above-linked Manga)

Effie Trinket (almost certainly more elaborate/more work than I want to commit to over the next few months but wouldn't it be FUN!)

Queen Elinor from Brave (also perhaps too ambitious for a beginner)

Laura Roslin from Battlestar Galactica.

Dr Beverly Crusher, Star Trek TNG.

General Antiope from Wonder Woman (costume is probably overly ambitious though).

Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic 2: Sith Lords (also probably ambitious costume, but such a great character in every way)

Adding my vote for Catelyn Stark as well. 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

On 7/19/2019 at 9:52 AM, Mike Wazowski said:

GEEEEEMMMMMAAAAA!!! Hope the month of craziness is treating you well. :D

I feel so very called out - you saw me lurking around and 'liking' things in other posts, huh? Thanks, friend :) - I did not mean to go AWOL for quite so long. 

The month of craziness is still intermittently pretty darn crazy. Feels like it's been a hundred years since I posted here, so let's see if I can remember the highlights. Mostly lowlights, actually, but I think I am on my way to better now ... 

1. 6/26-7/1  Family visit - better than expected. Cantankerous stepdad was civil. Sis's new boyfriend is completely acceptable, even likable*. 
  2. 7/2  Medical procedure went great
  3. 7/4  I live in a fireworks-happy place. They were unusually loud this year. They kept going quite late, and kept on into several days afterwards. Loud-noise-averse dogs and PTSD husband were highly stressed. We were all sleep deprived. 
  4. 7/8  Back to work and had an impossible number of e-mails and taskers to sort through. Leaned hard on my BuJo and the Pomodoro method, got some stuff done. 
  5. 7/12 Realized that I was scheduled to teach a Faculty Development session on recently re-written procedures manual in ONE WEEK and I had not even read the new manual. Which was released WHILE I WAS ON VACATION!
  6. 7/12-19 Panic ensued. Brain shut down. 
    1. I made a critical error that resulted in an overdrawn checking acct
    2. Self-loathing, depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc. 
    3. Managed to research, develop, and deliver the class. That was all I managed to do last week, but it was enough. 
  7. 7/20 I thought that I was most of the way better, mental health wise speaking, so agreed to go grocery shopping with the hubs. This was a terrible idea. Had an anxiety attack that peaked in the canned fruit aisle. By the time we got to frozen foods, all my energy was focused on not hyperventilating. Hubs is experienced and competent with my issues and got me to car safely.

I am having a pint of Ben and Jerry's for dinner, sorrynotsorry. 

I'll be back in the gym on Monday, and I will get my eating habits back under control when I am capable of doing so. 

Fun fact - when I go back to work on Monday I will have exactly one week to prepare for a major semi-annual inspection. Because July apparently just has not been enough already. 

This gif is kind of apropos of nothing, but it came up when I googled 'Flexibility' and it made me smile and I needed that so here: 

giphy.gif

*this is good, because she is my baby sister and if he had been non-okay I might've had to beat him senseless in front of witnesses, which could've cause my mom to enjoy her b-day less than she did. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

On 7/20/2019 at 2:41 PM, Gemma said:

7/12 Realized that I was scheduled to teach a Faculty Development session on recently re-written procedures manual in ONE WEEK and I had not even read the new manual. Which was released WHILE I WAS ON VACATION!

Argh... this is terrible! Why would they do this to you??? You surely need another vacation to deal with the stress of all the work that piled up while you were on vacation. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

14 minutes ago, Gemma said:

I feel so very called out - you saw me lurking around and 'liking' things in other posts, huh? Thanks, friend :) - I did not mean to go AWOL for quite so long. 

:D not so much to call you out (though don't think I didn't notice you liking stuff in my thread :P) but just wanted to check on you and make sure you're still doing good!

The month of craziness is still intermittently pretty darn crazy. Feels like it's been a hundred years since I posted here, so let's see if I can remember the highlights. Mostly lowlights, actually, but I think I am on my way to better now ... 

1. 6/26-7/1  Family visit - better than expected. Cantankerous stepdad was civil. Sis's new boyfriend is completely acceptable, even likable*. 
  2. 7/2  Medical procedure went great
  3. 7/4  I live in a fireworks-happy place. They were unusually loud this year. They kept going quite late, and bled over into several days afterwards. Loud-noise-averse dogs and PTSD husband were highly stressed. We were all sleep deprived. 
  4. 7/8  Back to work and had an impossible number of e-mails and taskers to sort through. Leaned hard on my BuJo and the Pomodoro method, got some stuff done. 
  5. 7/12 Realized that I was scheduled to teach a Faculty Development session on recently re-written procedures manual in ONE WEEK and I had not even read the new manual. Which was released WHILE I WAS ON VACATION!
  6. 7/12-19 Panic ensued. Brain shut down. 
    3. Managed to research, develop, and deliver the class. That was all I managed to do last week, but it was enough. 
  7. 7/20 I thought that I was most of the way better, mental health wise speaking, so agreed to go grocery shopping with the hubs. This was a terrible idea. Had an anxiety attack that peaked in the canned fruit aisle. By the time we got to frozen foods, all my energy was focused on not hyperventilating. Hubs is experienced and competent with my issues and got me to car safely.

I am having a pint of Ben and Jerry's for dinner, sorrynotsorry. 

Dude, that's a lot of craziness - hope you enjoyed the heck out of that ice cream, and glad you survived all the nuttiness!

I'll be back in the gym on Monday, and I will get my eating habits back under control when I am capable of doing so. 

Fun fact - when I go back to work on Monday I will have exactly one week to prepare for a major semi-annual inspection. Because July apparently just has not been enough already. 

This gif is kind of apropos of nothing, but it came up when I googled 'Flexibility' and it made me smile and I needed that so here: 

giphy.gif

We all need some smiles - love the little gif!

On 7/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, Gemma said:
  • 7/12 Realized that I was scheduled to teach a Faculty Development session on recently re-written procedures manual in ONE WEEK and I had not even read the new manual. Which was released WHILE I WAS ON VACATION!
  • 7/12-19 Panic ensued. Brain shut down. 

I think this is the example, with illustrations, listed in the handbook about 'What To Do When It Sucks To Be a Trainer'. They recommend to drop everything else you are working on, so you can devote all your time and attention on the short term training request.

There are a couple of pages dedicated entirely to talking you out of causing bodily harm to the inconsiderate dipshits who knew this was needed four months ago but didn't tell you until the last moment, that are very entertaining to read, and the tips are even helpful. :)

Good to see you back again. Terrible that you have to deal with so much stress, but to me, based on your post it does sound like you are dealing with it very well, all circumstances considered. Focus on surviving until tomorrow. And then until tomorrow, and then until tomorrow... lean on the husband, and on friends, and don't be too hard on yourself.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:16 PM, Harriet said:

Argh... this is terrible! Why would they do this to you??? You surely need another vacation to deal with the stress of all the work that piled up while you were on vacation. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:19 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Dude, that's a lot of craziness - hope you enjoyed the heck out of that ice cream, and glad you survived all the nuttiness!

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, scalyfreak said:

I think this is the example, with illustrations, listed in the handbook about 'What To Do When It Sucks To Be a Trainer'. They recommend to drop everything else you are working on, so you can devote all your time and attention on the short term training request.

There are a couple of pages dedicated entirely to talking you out of causing bodily harm to the inconsiderate dipshits who knew this was needed four months ago but didn't tell you until the last moment, that are very entertaining to read, and the tips are even helpful. :)

Thanks, y'all! I love this forum ... :love_heart:

LOL at "inconsiderate dipshits" ---

To be fair - I volunteered for this training. Months ago. Actually, kind of insisted on it. The Procedures Manual is solidly in my 'field of expertise' - my position is partially "liaison" between the headquarters, which writes the bloomin' thing, and the faculty that is expected to abide by it but doesn't take time (usually) to actually read it. It's kind of my job to make sure they know what it says.

The problem is that the revision was supposed to be finalized by June 12, and wound up not being completed and released until July 2. The FacDev was already on the calendar for July 19, and if I had postponed it then the team would not have had a clear understanding of the standards that they will be held to in next week's inspection. Bad timing all 'round.

Anyways, it got done.

Hubs, ice cream, and cutting myself a bit of slack have definitely helped! Coping strategies FTW.

And inspection prep is going better/faster than usual, which means that my maintenance routines and little things I've put in place to stay caught up are working. Nice surprise, because I feel as though I hardly ever get productive work done. But there is little catching up that needs doing, so that is a huge relief :D 

Now, if someone would tell my body that it can be hugely relieved! Because I am definitely still experiencing annoying anxiety symptoms - tight chest and that feeling like no matter how deep I breath my lungs aren't expanding. When I'm actually under stress, I get it. When I am sitting in a completely safe, nonthreatening environment doing nothing at all stressful ... that's just silly.

So, I have a doctor's appointment with my primary care person this afternoon to discuss the results of my tests, and I might mention it to him. I just hope he doesn't freak straight out and send me straight to E.R. when I say 'chest pain and uncomfortable breathing' (I'll have to frame it well!), but I do want to see if he thinks this is mild enough for me to self-treat with meditation and exercise or if he feels I ought to see someone.

giphy.gif

In the meantime, I'm going to try out @Harriet's "cute fluffy animals help" theory.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

32 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Now, if someone would tell my body that it can be hugely relieved! Because I am definitely still experiencing annoying anxiety symptoms - tight chest and that feeling like no matter how deep I breath my lungs aren't expanding. When I'm actually under stress, I get it. When I am sitting in a completely safe, nonthreatening environment doing nothing at all stressful ... that's just silly.

This happens to me all the time. I think of it as the mental version of what happens to my fingers if I really push myself with a heavy farmer's walk or deadlift - the muscles in my hand have to work so hard that they get stuck in grip position even after putting the weight down. It takes a minute or so of gentle massage before the muscles relax enough that all parts of my hand have full range of motion again.

I believe the brain works the same way. When our minds have been on Red Alert due to stress for a long period of time, they get stuck in that position. It makes even more sense to me when I think about my anxiety as an over-sensitive and poorly calibrated fight-or-flight response. It just doesn't believe that the danger stress is over, and refuses to relax. I've had success with meditation and exercise in the past. Meditation that centers around "look at all the things we accomplished, that's all in our past now" helps the brain understand and finally believe that the stressful scary part truly is over. Exercise provides an outlet for all the energy that was stored up in preparation of either fleeing for our lives or fighting like a cornered rat.

It's taking your anxiety a bit longer to relax, than it did for the rest of you. It will catch up. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

So - wrapping up this challenge ... 

First - I feel better. Still some anxiety symptoms at random weird times, but I've decided to not worry about them (yeah, I see what I did there, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). I do still have the inspection coming up next week, and the inspection team is lead by the boss I have the most contentious relationship with, but I'm confident my stuff is good to go and I think it will be fine. 

Second - the meditation habit and a few other firm routines totally saved my butt this month. I mean, it was rough, but looking back on how I have handled rough stressy things in my past, this was not AT ALL as bad as this sort of thing used to be. My house is ... messy, but not a health hazard disaster area, my laundry is clean and folded, and when I was on the verge of a major meltdown I recognized it for what it was, instead of lashing out at someone (probably hubs), behaving like a raving wolverine, and then looking back and wondering how I even got there. So, yay routines! 

Third - the yoga and kettlebells habit fell right off the wagon early on. I haven't worked out almost since zero week. Had the following conversation with hubs a few days after the Big Grocery Panic Episode:

Hubs: Can I say something without you taking it wrong? 

Me: (skeptical eyebrows)

Hubs: Well, it's just ... you really seem to have a lot more trouble handling stress when you are not going to the gym?

Me: Ah. Yes. That. I'm not going to take that wrong. That is a 100% accurate observation and good notice. You are absolutely not wrong about that. 

I do still have some routine-disruptors (inspection, then travel, then new curriculum drop madness, then NaNo) lined up, but I absolutely-must-this-is-not-negotiable find a way to fit lifties into all of that somewhere. That, though, is a matter for another challenge period. 

Lastly  - I don't think Crystal Coast Con is happening this year, the most recent message on their website is still the "we have to cancel because hurricane" from last year. But I still plan to go to a Con or two with my new friend sometime in future, and the cosplay finalists (I will probably do both, either at different cons or just on different days) are:

Professor McGonagall

and 

Death (the Endless) 

1120954-sandman-wallpaper-1080x1920-for-

• Like 5

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

4 hours ago, Gemma said:

Hubs: Can I say something without you taking it wrong? 

Me: (skeptical eyebrows)

Hubs: Well, it's just ... you really seem to have a lot more trouble handling stress when you are not going to the gym?

Me: Ah. Yes. That. I'm not going to take that wrong. That is a 100% accurate observation and good notice. You are absolutely not wrong about that.

I have had that exact same conversation with Husband! Almost word for word, actually.

I haven't had a real workout since zero week either, and I'm facing a couple of months with big challenges in that area as well. I would not be opposed to teaming up, either as accountability buddies or in some other way, if that's what it takes to get back to lifting heavy things. Less heavy now than before I took a break for a month, but who cares. We can do this!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Umm wow, I literally had the same conversation with myself while reflecting on the past few months on the plane this weekend! I guess we all are Warriors because the time in the gym keeps our berserker rage at bay? Haha.

Glad you were able to see the improvement this challenge vs. stressy times in the past, even if you would've loved for it to go even better, still sounds like a month full of wins!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2019 at 9:23 AM, scalyfreak said:

I have had that exact same conversation with Husband! Almost word for word, actually.

2 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Umm wow, I literally had the same conversation with myself while reflecting on the past few months on the plane this weekend! I guess we all are Warriors because the time in the gym keeps our berserker rage at bay? Haha.s!

And me. Recently when we were on holiday and I hadn't lifted for a week and a half, I was depressive, weepy and savage. Mr Harriet did not complain about my slightly brutal mood, but coaxed me to go to the gym despite me claiming I didn't want to and that it wouldn't do any good. Afterwards I was completely happy and everything looked lovely again. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I guess we all are Warriors because the time in the gym keeps our berserker rage at bay? 

No, because it allows to express it without bloodshed. Didn't we talk about this? <_<

• Haha 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021