Activation Energy -> Part 3 final push to the end (Terra)

Terra

Activation energy is just the energy to needed to get something started.  I'm continuing to create better and more healthy habits.  I'm making slow progress but I am making progress...  

7St2.gif

In Part 2 I decided to just start my goals with just 5 minutes for each task/chore/exercise.  Just 5 minute, if after 5 minutes I don't feel like doing more, I give myself permission to stop.  It will be OK if I stop.  But I have overcome the internal inertia of laziness, I have created the activation energy to get moving and more often than no, I will keep moving and do more/better things for me.   Here is my check list, it is posted on my bathroom mirror where I see it every day and have filled out weeks 1-3.  Weeks 4-6 on my chart are Week 0-2 of this challenge.  After that I am gone on vacation. 

image.png.0d6d649cf278e55877b34f579a29b5eb.png

I'll post an update of my chart soon!  I'm doing good with my green smoothie, eating more veggies, BJJ classes and gratitude.  I'm not really caring about the chocolate except for when it is a substitute for something not healthy for me to eat.  For example: I eat a square of chocolate instead of a bowl of ice cream.  That gets me a star in the chocolate box!!!   I'm adding a few more yoga stars in because I need to stretch out my aches that have gotten worse the last few months.  I've only gotten in one KB session so far but that was one more than I had gotten in in months. The decluttering is mostly being done by my spawn.  The girls wanted to make money this summer and I will pay them for their work!!!  Bedtime is a hard one and I got a few more early nights in this last week.    (Baby Black Widow is no longer such a huge Black Widow fan and so I am relegating her to Spawn#2. LOL -- but she loves it!!!) 

Simple, straight forward and stars on my bathroom mirror.  

EverlastingQuarterlyHackee-max-1mb.gif

• Like 5

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Recovery

Battle/Quest Log and Instagram: TerraOracle

All the pretty stars!

Five minutes is definitely better than nothing.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Following for ALL THE STARS! Getting into good habits and keeping them is hard work, especially being a super mom such as yourself. You got this, Terra!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

On 6/24/2019 at 2:53 PM, Morag said:

Sorry I missed round two. I kept seeing the thing about enzymes and was so curious, but life had me by the throat for quite a bit this last little while.
Glad I am here now to cheer and stalk.

10390bf03a2f3ef10d4a8e5c39049be6.gif

So happy to have you back!  It was just a bunch of nerdy referenced to chemistry and how science can mirror life...  Blah, blah, blah...  

@Thom Stépan and @SheriffWolfpool - Thanks for reminding that I need to post an actual photo of the stars on my chart...  

So this has been a weird week so far.  On monday I got all messed up with my food (it was gross so I am not sharing) and I'm struggling to get back on track.  In addition to that mess, the hubby and Spawn#2 are gone for doctor appts in Denver and Spawn#1 is sick with a nasty cold.  I wanted to spend this one-on-one time with her and all she wants to do right now is sleep.  UGH!  

I'm stressing about packing for vacation and will be kicking into that HARD on Friday.  Saturday will be the last good day to shop for any items that my girls are missing and I think I will be spending my $$ on shoes and maybe more!?!?  

Trying to take care of me right now...  

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

wow

that is familiar.  your kid has a summer cold, too?

and she just sleeps.... so familiar.

anyways. before I got sick I too was kind of hoping to bond a little with my kid (17) as well.  School stressed him but now that its over...

bonding with a kid is NOT easy.

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

Bonding with a teenager that is yours? In what universe is that possible?

Lol

Now dear lady you focus on looking after you.

Lurgy spawn sleeping is better than calling you every five minutes saying "muuuum, Im siiiick." repeatedly.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

4 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

Lurgy spawn sleeping is better than calling you every five minutes saying "muuuum, Im siiiick." repeatedly.

OMG this made me laugh out loud!!!  

21 hours ago, TGP said:

bonding with a kid is NOT easy

Truth!!!  

I need to warn the hubby about the messy house he is coming home to tonight...  I focused on laundry not dishes last night and then went to bed early because rest is important to fight off the plague that Spawn#1 has.  I can feel a tickle but it might be allergies rather than her cold.  

My foods haven't been very keto this week.  It's been hard to get excited about cooking with the spawn not wanting to eat much.  Exercise has been minimal this week, but I'm hoping for more movement starting now.  BJJ class tonight and basic house maintenance, classes tomorrow, teaching class on Saturday morning and then a self defense class too.  Some shopping might happen Sat afternoon and/or Sunday morning. Lots of movement upcoming!  Now if I can make better food choices and start my vacation packing life will be good!  

tenor.gif?itemid=4767373

And then

tenor.gif?itemid=4782555

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

The packing begins today in earnest!    I'm worried that our suitcases are too big.  They will be a pain in the ass until we get on the cruise ship, but the 4th floor walk up in Barcelona is going to be a bitch with the huge suitcases that my spawn want to take...  

BJJ class last night was OK.  Its hard right now because my stomach is causing me breathing problems and I need to fix that.  It was also a hard class because there was 9 of us in class and I was the only woman.  Those numbers often make me the 'odd man out' when we pair up to work.  We started a rolling drill at the end of class and I bowed out at that time.  Not because I didn't want to do the drill but because no one wanted to work with me (I'm so much smaller that most of the guys) and I had a great excuse (I was running to book club after class) but it also made me sad.  I've lost my edge at BJJ and I miss it.  So that will be one of my longer term goals once we get back from vacation, finding my fight in BJJ again!  

OK two hours till BJJ class and conditioning class too!  I've gotten out of the habit of the conditioning class because of mommy guilt.  I used my guilt as an excuse to go home to spend more time with my girls.  Sometimes they don't seem to notice that I'm even home with them. So why am I not taking better care of me?  This has to change too!  

maxresdefault.jpg

Tomorrow we teach one BJJ class, attend women's self defense class and then take the hubby to ABQ so he can catch an early Sunday morning flight.  He is headed to see doctors in Houston and get his bi-annual head check.  The spawn and I will try to wrap up any last minute clothing needs before coming home.  Should be a good weekend, if not a touch crazy!!!  

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

Love this!!! This is why I do BJJ and I want my girls to do it too.  

https://youtu.be/q2K051yL1bY

The hubby just sent the link to me and if you notice the woman in the post above ^^.  She is one of the ladies in the video.  

• Like 3

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

That video is cool.

Why do you think you have lost your edge in BJJ?

As an aside you were the first person I knew who was doing BJJ. Everytime I hear about BJJ, I think of you.

Enjoy the holiday. Hopefully the break will reinvigorate you.

• Like 3

Look at all the pretty stars.

Awesome.

• Like 1

[emoji322][emoji119][emoji119][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I think I broke my toe on Friday.  I got poked in the eye too.  I'm broke buying stuff for our vacation.  The hubby is getting his head checked today (bi-annual MRI.) I am moderately hopeful that I can get spawn to help around the house this week.  We leave in a week and a half.  Work will be a crazy mess up until I leave.  I am actually looking forward to the long plane rides.  It will be down time where I can read, sleep and chat with my spawn or the hubby.  

This week will be a crazy one.  BJJ tonight and Wednesday only.  Thursday (July 4th holiday in the US) we are going to meowwolf.com and Friday is work and afternoon hair appointments for me and Spawn #2.  Food is focused on cleaning out the fridge while staying paleo/keto.  

On 6/29/2019 at 3:57 AM, Thom Stépan said:

Why do you think you have lost your edge in BJJ?

Thom - I think part of it is a loss of cardio and strength.  I got sick in Jan and It knocked me on my butt. I haven't fully recovered. In addition to that, perimenopause is kicking in on me. Which causes a whole different set of issues which I am trying to figure out. I'm actually starting to get pissed about the whole situation so things might be different after vacation....  

For now I am trying to keep my focus on what is important, knowing that I have to get through the next month or so with a wicked crazy schedule (but also vacation!!!) and then I have a plan to focus on my happy and improve me.  

tenor.gif?itemid=4987628

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

Ah that makes sense. The body has changed and is changing on you. That can be hard. Hopefully the holiday will give you the chance to clear your head so you can learn to reassess these changes and how best to move forward again.

• Like 2

I know you love BJJ and will figure out how to make it work for you.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, Terra said:

So why am I not taking better care of me?  This has to change too!  

Yes. Not sure specifically what needs to happen, but yes. As Thom says, hopefully the holiday will give you some time to think about it.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Just got a call from my hubby.  First the good news: his tumor is stable so they are making his MRIs annual from here on out!  Wahoo!  Second he has been thinking.  We had a little bit of an argument on Saturday.  I told him how much it hurt that when I told him I wanted a weekend alone for my birthday and he laughed.  I don't get to get away like he does and its tiring. For example last night: I was trying to help Spawn #2 and then was going to do some dishes also to help her.  BUT then she got mad at me because I started grumbling at all the garbage and dirty dishes in her room, cleaning up the plant that the cats ate and not finding the item she had misplaced.  Her parting shot of the night was a bitch at me because I left my water bottle in her room. I was livid to put it mildly.  I didn't do any dishes and have told both girls that they had better do more stuff around the house today so I don't go non-linear on them tonight.  :D . The hubby doesn't get as much of their nastiness.  

No BJJ last night.  I was feeling bloated and yucky in addition to getting caught at work trying to plan a last minute meeting for today.  I'm tired of feeling bloated and yucky!   

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

Thats good news about the tumour and about hubby thinking.

The bloating sucks however.

Very gentle hugs.

• Like 1

WOW it's been almost a week since my last post.  Life is just BUSY right now. It was the US holiday and my trying to get everyone packed and clean up the house and everyone in my house is sick right now.  Spawn #2 had a confirmed case of strep.  The hubby might go in to get a test today.  Spawn #1 was negative for strep a week and a half ago, but it might be a good idea to get her tested too.  As for me I don't have time to get sick and I can usually fight of this type of plague.  I am worried however, because once we get away and I relax , that is when I am most vulnerable.  And to top off all the fun I got a crappy night of sleep on the couch while trying to stay away from the sick people.  

tenor.gif?itemid=9319829

Food this week is just what I have on hand.  My smoothies are getting more fruit based because I have run out of spinach and avocados.  I'm trying to make good decisions in anticipation of having some really great food while on vacation.  

Exercise might be BJJ tonight and running around like a crazy person the rest of the week (see gif above).  I plan on some airport/airplane yoga to help the hubby.  

I just have to keep it together this week and get stuff done at work and at home.  But come Thursday I can relax, spend time with my family, read and watch movies on the planes and just let someone else take care of getting me to my destination.  I got this!  

• Like 4

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I got stuff done today!  Work stuff is in a a good place.  I made several calls to care for stuff while away on vacation.  I have been thinking about the next challenge, the one after vacation.  

The hubby is wanting to try intermittent fasting(IF).  So we are going to try...  I need to think about what that should look like for me and if my IF is different than his IF.  It will be an experiment of n=2.  I think breakfast is likely the first thing to go and I'm OK to try that.  The green smoothies have been a good thing for me lately but I still get nauseous in the AM sometimes.  So maybe skipping breakfast all together won't be a bad thing.  I'll do some research while in airports.  NF, MarksDailyApple and GirlsGoneStrong are the first three resources that are on my list. 

Random thoughts for this afternoon...  And i'm off to BJJ class!!!  

• Like 4

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

14 hours ago, Xena said:

I really like that you are thinking this way.

I know that IF can be far more tricky for women than men.  So I want to approach it carefully and from a knowledgeable place.  

Last night was BJJ class, likely my last class till late July.  :frown-new:  But I have plans and ideas to get me on track once back home...  

Packing is almost done.  I'm not done with my toiletries and carryon but the clothes are complete!  I'm talking with the airbnb host today about our arrival on Friday.  Tonight we educate our house sitters (so excited to have house sitters!) and finish up the packing!!  Tomorrow's goal is to to work, swing home to pick up stuff then head to the hotel in ABQ.  Our thursday flight is way too early!!!  

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid