• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mad Hatter

I guess I'm unchallenging?

Hello.

I don't know what I'm doing but I still want to have a challenge so here goes. :) 

Goal #1 Post positive actions list daily

Goal #2... Nah never mind.

I'll just ramble about my usual stuff - parkour, acro, climbing, lifting, handstands. And things.

• Like 7

So let's start.

Positive actions

• Morning swim and forest walk :wub:
  • Cleaned my kitchen. Ok I finished pt 1.
  • Honest chat with A.
  • Delegating away people tasks to my boss who's finally back from his "paternity leave" aka road tripping around Europe. Jerk. :P 
  • Picnic lunch
  • Decided to go climbing after a very, very long and painful day of meetings. (I hate meetings SO very much.) I thought it'd be a terrible session but surprisingly enough it turned out pretty ok and I had a lot of fun with my friends. Yay!
  • Cooked something dinner like with nutrients and stuff.
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I love unchallenges.

Me too!

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Very awesome that you are still enjoying the swims!

Yeah just picked them up again! Much needed this time of year too. :) 

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here again for this one

Yay!

4 hours ago, mom2sjm said:

image.jpeg.9eec92066db22d95795197913b389aff.jpeg

i'm loving the positive actions list goal.  I love a good list!!

Hah I'm less type A and more

1d9096c0-6c7d-4777-8fb1-66ac071470a5.gif

But I do love this list - it makes me feel like I'm at least trying. :)  

3 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Unchallenge! Love it!

Yas!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 2:40 PM, annyshay said:

Unchallenge for the win!

Yes!

On 6/25/2019 at 4:34 PM, raptron said:

SUCH POSITIVITY. :D 

WHEEEEE!

On 6/25/2019 at 4:54 PM, KB Girl said:

Yes! positive action list \o/ :)

and rambling. that too. 

Me too - let's see if I can keep it up *this* time. ;)

On 6/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Woo - unchallenge!

I just love how everyone loves an unchallenge around here. :lol:

23 hours ago, @mu said:

If I recall correctly, your unchallenging challenges are your best!

I do seem to rebel a lot against actual goals, whether I like to do them or not. ;)    

23 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

You get more done on an unchallenge than most people do all day.

source.gif

Weeell.... maybe sometimes. :P 

Yesterday I screwed up, which seems to be a common Day 2 theme. :P 

Woke up, thought to myself I'll just start work early so I can go out and take a really long lunch break in the sun later. At about 3:30 pm (!) I chat with my colleague saying that NOW I'm heading out. And then I of course immediately got sucked into a few conversations. Then when I finally decide to call it a day and head out I realized that my phone was out of charge so I might as well "do this one quick thing" while I charge it. And then it's suddenly 7 and production is going down and a colleague calls me for, well more for moral support than help tbh (devops is not my forte) and I didn't want to be a dick and hang up. Soooo in the end I'm still working, dead AND missed my acro class. Eventually I at least managed a short walk to the library which was much needed. However when I got back I was so so very tired, that for some bizarre reason, please don't try to make me explain it, the only thing I could think of was that oh well then I might as well try to solve this last little issue quickly. :hopelessness: Instead of you know, resting. 

Positive actions

• Helped my colleague
  • Had at least one good meal considering...
  • Went outside eventually...

Today I'm still paying for that - neither my body nor my brain likes to work for 13-14 hours straight it turns out. The worst part about the whole thing was that I expended so much energy on WORK stuff. ;) Had it been my own stuff or the project or even playing a stupid game then I would not have minded, but work, really? :P Don't get paid enough for that! I tried to survive the day and the trainings by heavily caffeinating myself and eating lots of snacks, which worked... ok. 

Positive actions

• Went to the office gym.
  • Did a few squats to try to remember how but without killing my legs before parkour. I don't normally lift on Wednesdays for that reason but it's been so long! Which was very noticeable because I struggled on much lower weights than usual. Much weaksauce. 
  • Did some handstands. No arm balances as I was feeling too weak and just heavy
  • Delegated away both a meeting I really didn't want to attend AND some boring tasks to my boss. :D 
  • Parkour class! It was pretty rough as I've seem to have forgotten how to be brave. :unsure: We started with rail balances and QM transitions on the rail and I felt very shaky. But like a "I don't have control over my body and my muscles are not firing properly" kinda shaky which didn't put me in the right headspace for the next thing. I felt so silly, we were supposed to do this line which started with a slide down a slanted wall, then running back up it again and then an easy vault sequence. For some reason both the wall things really freaked me out, I just didn't feel like I could trust my body at all. I think had I committed it would've been absolutely fine, and probably even quite good fun, buuuuuut I ended up mostly down climbing the wall crimping the shit out of little cracks available. And then I stood and hid at the bottom and had like 3 rounds of people pass me before I decided to screw it and climb back up the wall instead doing the run. After that I felt really sheepish and embarrassed and spent the rest of the line working on linking lazy vaults smoothly instead of doing the line. Then we did tic tac variations which went ok because they weren't scary. It did however take me stupid amount of time to get a really simple thing, a tic tac where you take two steps on the wall instead of one. Clearly my brain was not with it today. But at least I could really try on these ones. Then it was time for conditioning which was short but very, very intense. The worst one was one person had to sprint and the other person had to do push ups while waiting. Which was fine for one round - after that it was terrible as I could neither recover from the sprint or the push ups. We had a really interesting discussion about conditioning with the teacher afterwards though, and how it's good mental practice, which is especially important for parkour. All I can say is that I'm just really glad our conditioning is short and not like on of her teachers which made her do QMs for a kilometer and stuff like that. :o Either way, it was still fun despite the head! The class is on break now for the next three weeks or so, which is kinda rubbish, but I'm going to try to head to the open gym and work on basics to try to build up my confidence again.
  • Made a simple dinner
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sylph said:

Woo--unchallenge! Do the thing! Or don't! :D

Exactly! Also hiiiii, I'm so excited you're here again!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Exactly! Also hiiiii, I'm so excited you're here again!!!

I started a thread and everything--I have about as much structure for this challenge as you do. :)

Ohhh speaking of handstands - I almost completely forgot!!! I funded the Handstand Factory intermediate program and the press program on their kickstarter a while back. It's by one of my favourite teachers ever (though sadly I only had him for less than a term back in Stockholm as he left to do the traveling circus thing) and I've been waiting for this program since they released their advanced program. Now I just hope I can get my handstands up to scratch until it gets released late this year. ;) The press program I got because why not. :P Maybe I can be like @@mu one day :wub:

So far handstand progress is.... slow. Consistency is only ~50%. Optimistically. Today I tried tuck handstands out of curiosity to see what my shoulders were doing and they were even worse than I thought. :P My shoulders don't move at all. They're completely still and instead my butt goes out a loooot like in a tuck Mexican sort of thing even when I try really hard not to. I tried a few different cues for myself but none of them really worked. I got a few more things to try though. Since that failed I decided to do the opposite and really exaggerate the butt sticking out and push my shoulders even further into extension like in a Mexican. Buuuut that that got me equally confused and my shoulders were still not moving. :lol: Apparently my shoulders like one position only and that's stacked. But hey it's good to experiment sometimes.

14 minutes ago, sylph said:

I started a thread and everything--I have about as much structure for this challenge as you do. :)

Excellent! :D 

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Apparently my shoulders like one position only and that's stacked. But hey it's good to experiment sometimes.

Stacked and still is a nice feature I'd like to have :D Mine are often in disco mode, rotating in out, going up and down, and it's tough!

I also followed the HS factory announcement and I was very tempted but I have a limited budget these days (circus classes payment coming up). Haaaa :sorrow::lol:

5 hours ago, @mu said:

Stacked and still is a nice feature I'd like to have :D Mine are often in disco mode, rotating in out, going up and down, and it's tough!

Well only as in I can't seem to move them backwards or forwards. They still do all these other things. :P Especially the up and down! 

5 hours ago, @mu said:

I also followed the HS factory announcement and I was very tempted but I have a limited budget these days (circus classes payment coming up). Haaaa :sorrow::lol:

That's not a bad tradeoff. My excuse to getting them now was that I'd get them discounted. That's being economical right? :P 

I worked too much again. BUT on the plus side, had I not left the house late I wouldn't have bumped into a parkour friend. She was on her way to meet another friend so she invited me along. Of course I said yes, drinking bubbly in the sun seemed a lot more fun than grocery shopping. ;) 

Positive actions

• Productive day
  • Spontaneous hangout
  • Prepped lunch for tomorrow
  • Like 3