• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarky is habit forming

It's a NEW challenge!  Gosh it goes by so fast.

For this challenge, I want to maintain the new habits from the last challenge:

1. Exercise (Fitness)
  2. No Snacking After Dinner (Nutrition)
  3. Take one hour unplugged for myself (Stress-Relief)

It's time to add more to it.

1.  Add strength training to my exercise routine.
  2.  Cook Ten meals    No candy!
  3.  Take 1 hour a day for work

EXPLAIN YOURSELF, SNARKY (spoilered for wordiness.)

Spoiler

FITNESS: I've put it off long enough. I need to do the strength training. If it follows the same pattern as everything else, it'll take at least two weeks before I feel better when I'm doing it.

NUTRITION: A couple challenges ago, I wanted to start cooking because all I was eating were frozen meals. I really enjoyed it, and cooked 9 meals. This time I'm shooting for 10! I want to beat my record, and hopefully add some easy, healthy, fast recipes to my files.    I realized I felt like I NEEDED candy, and it bugs me. So I'm quitting it. Also, I've already cooked 4/10 meals in week 0 so cooking as a challenge feels pointless. 

STRESS RELIEF: I have a freelance illustration business and it's been put on pause for a really long time. I realized that this falls under the same stressful idea that I don't have time to do this! I'm overwhelmed, I really need to help other people. And it's all excuses. Just as I discovered I could take an hour to unwind and get some headspace, I also have one hour every day to draw. It's good to draw daily, and I need to break this mental block that's keeping me from living my life. So one hour at a time, I'm taking my life back from my negativity and anxiety :)

• Like 9

giphy.gif

Current mood

Day 1 of Week Zero was a stumbling start, which is absolutely expected. 

Yesterday Mom and I went for walk around the neighborhood because we were going Birthday Shopping for my Dad! We got everything on our list, and it was a nice outing.  Later on, I cooked Dinner 1/10 and I think I have mastered Pepper Lime Chicken now. 

I took no time for myself! But today, I have a list and I am geeked to check them off

• laundry!
  • cleaning!
  • drawing!
  • strength training!
  • finishing cross stitch!
  • writing lists with exclamation points!
  • Like 7

Mmmm pepper lime chicken sounds very good indeed! Nice work on getting everything on the birthday scavenger list! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Mmmm pepper lime chicken sounds very good indeed! Nice work on getting everything on the birthday scavenger list! 

It’s a really easy recipe!

Pepper Lime Chicken

in a ziplock bag put 

three chicken boobs

3 tablespoons of oil

three cloves of garlic

zest of lime

juice of lime

Sprinkling of thyme (this recipe rhymes!)

salt and pepper

let some of the air of of the bag and rub the marinade into the chicken breasts. If its really thick, sometimes I punch the chicken to make it all the same thickness. Stick in the fridge for about 30 minutes

NOW turn in the broiler and lay out your chicken in the broiling pan (i line the bottom part with foil because cleaning is boring) and broil for 6-8 minutes or until delicious brown, and then flip over for another 6-8 minutes.

What the recipe doesn't say is sometimes you need to flip it one more time for two minutes so it browns evenly and reaches the correct temperature. You don't want to marinade it too long - i wouldn't do more than an hour or the acid from the lime makes the chicken tough, and you don't want to flip it more than twice. 

• Like 3

Yesterday was another rough day, but I did get some things done. 

• Laundry
  • Cleaning
  • Spraying for ants

Mom found out our neighbor and friend had another massive stroke. His wife is looking to place him in a care facility that specializes in dementia. It really bummed her out, so I sat with her for a long time and just kept her company. We found a lot of neat stuff on Pinterest together.  

My anxiety was sky rocketing today after not having any down time, but that was resolved today. Mom, Dad and I went on a great walk along a bike trail and it was fun because Dad could walk between us with his landscaping cane and we served as kind bumpers to keep him on the lane. He could walk more quickly along the trail and soon we were really booking it to keep up with him. It was pretty wonderful.  He was in a complete nervous sweat the entire time, but he did it, and you know. I'm really proud of him. 

After lunch I had the whole afternoon to myself! I got my quiet time, my working time, and a nap :) I feel rested and human again. 

Oh and NOW I'm taking photos of the meals I make :D Thanks @Teros and @Sciread77  

(I still haven't done any strength training. I'm not sweating over it yet. okay, I am. A little. )

• Like 4

I took the day off from exercise. I've been checking off a lot of small items from my to-do list, and it feels good. All those little things add up after a while.

I changed my nutrition goal from "Cook 10 meals" to "No candy!"

I've been cooking more. No, I'm not REALLY counting the margarita. LOL! :D  Mom is tired of cooking at all, she's going through a funk right now, so I've been cooking more for everyone. At this rate, I will have aced my challenge before week 1 is half done.  but I promise if I make something special, there will be pictures. It just feels pointless to track after the way this week has gone 

I've also made a choice to stop eating candy all together. I didnt' like how I felt like I needed sugar when I tried to quit last challenge. and cleaning out my purses and drawers, I have a lot of candy wrappers. I dunno, it was a bit of an eye opener.  I just don't want to be feeling like I "need" something that I know I don't. No more candy. 

Well, I'm crabby and got a lot done. :D I'm going to go celebrate by reading my book! Have a lovely evening!

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

img_1325.jpg

this counts as cooking, right? :D 

You're doing better than me. I don't even have margarita glasses. Mine just get poured into a cup. :P

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Well, I'm crabby and got a lot done.

Good job getting things done even though you felt crabby. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

You're doing better than me. I don't even have margarita glasses. Mine just get poured into a cup. :P

Good job getting things done even though you felt crabby. 

giphy.gif

I bought them in celebration of having my first apartment in my twenties! I felt so fancy.

thanks! :love_heart:

• Like 2

Good morning! 

Yesterday I didnt work out, I HAVE NO REGRETS.  Today I did some strength training! YAY! Breaking through the wall and just doing it is a great feeling. The longer I put it off, the more dreadful it seems until it grows teeth and destroys everything. I’m happy that I did it before it grew teeth.

Today is Dad’s birthday! I love birthdays. It’s this lovely opportunity to really celebrate the joy of having someone in your life. I forget this a lot with my birthday, because it becomes a reflective time for me, but with everyone else, it’s just happiness that they are alive and here. That deserves confetti! And cake! 

No candy yesterday! I was very tempted to sneak a piece last night, but that would be eating after dinner, and I LOVE not eating after dinner. I also hate brushing and flossing, which I already did, so extra motivation. I haven’t told my family I’m not eating candy, because I don’t want to:

a. Talk about it and overanalyze 

b. Trigger any food related anxiety (which is different for each of them)

I’ll tell them in a few weeks. :) After they learn I’ve been doing it for a while, it’ll be easier on them.

What else? Ooooh I had LOADS of time yesterday for working and quiet. It was AMAZING! I love quiet days. I feel so good about these changes, y’all. I feel happy. I feel strong. I feel like I’m not trapped inside myself. *throws confetti*

• Like 6

Today was a day off from all things challenge, and just a rest and recover from too much birthday food.

I’m ready to take on this challenge tomorrow. Lets do this!

• Like 4