• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

S 7/20

Rest Day

Food

Breakfast from Chick-fil-a: chicken biscuit, Greek yogurt parfait with fruit and granola topping 

Lunch: leftover chili eaten over the course of about 3 hours

Dinner: two slices of Flipper's cheese pizza

Communion

Other

I'm about to scream and cry and throw sharp objects at past Snickie for picking out f&#*ing chiffon to make this dress. I did lots of research today on how to go about sewing chiffon on a machine and made a game plan for this dress and then it's taking me super long and there's no way it'll be ready for tomorrow or even ClarinetFest and I should have just bought a dress or stuck fringe on a dress I already have like my mom told me to (even though the dress she suggested I cannot play in). I'm in pain mostly because Aunt Flo is in town from sitting and hunching over the machine and fabric all afternoon after a weird day at work. I feel like I've gotten nowhere with this dress. I'm frustrated that a stitch that was working just fine at one point suddenly stopped because the sewing machine wanted to eat the fabric. Why did I do this? I know zilch about sewing. I know exactly two hand stitches: the running stitch and the blanket stitch, neither of which are all that appropriate for most aspects of garment making (basting at most). I have zero patience for hand stitching either. Asdfghjkl

*flops onto bed sad*

Sorry to hear that the dress is not cooperating. Do you know anyone who could possibly help or find a seamstress in town that you could out source it too? 

Yes but I've run out of time for that.

I'm a little less angry today. Sleep and vacuuming  and sometimes drugs are wonderful things. I have 4 hours before I need to leave for the concert tonight. I think I'm going to piece the knit (because the machine hasn't ruined that yet) and if it ends up looking bad I'll just wear a black cocktail dress or maybe cross-dress with dress pants with suspenders or something (I did that when I was playing in the Drood musical last winter). I'm in the back row for most of the thing anyway so I'm not overly worried about it this time even though I have a stand - up - and - play - in - front - of - the - group solo. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Snickie said:

I think I'm going to piece the knit (because the machine hasn't ruined that yet) and if it ends up looking bad I'll just wear a black cocktail dress or maybe cross-dress with dress pants with suspenders or something (I did that when I was playing in the Drood musical last winter). I'm in the back row for most of the thing anyway so I'm not overly worried about it this time even though I have a stand - up - and - play - in - front - of - the - group solo. 

Solid back up strategies! I hope it went well after all. :) 

Hello! I fell off the wagon. It was not entirely unexpected.

The Sunday night thing went fairly well except I was fighting my hair the entire time and then I had water in my keys during my solo that literally had not done anything until I went up for my solo. I wore the black cocktail dress.

I took my chemistry final. I got an A on the final and an A in the class overall. Yay.

I did a lot of work on the dress. I cut out a pattern in the chiffon and pieced it and after I pieced it I tried it on and discovered my measurements were off, the dress was too tight to go over the knit and still be breathable in (not to mention playable), so I hung it up. I'll finish it eventually and give it to someone skinnier than me (they exist).

I pieced the skirt of the knit to the top but due to terrible cutting it does not look good, so I put it down and packed my cocktail dress. It ended up being fine and I managed to not fight my hair the whole time. The performance went very well although my dad ran over my heel with his chair while we were walking and that was very painful.

Knoxville was nice but since we don't know it well and we loved the house we were in, we were largely unadventurous while we were there. Although we did go into the Smoky Mountains up to Clingman's Dome. Beautiful views there. I could have fairly easily continued my workout regimen there except that my roommate for the trip snores and sleeps in more than I do so my sleep schedule got messed up. So I didn't.

Got to my grandmother's house on Monday and I promptly got a stomach bug from which I am only just starting to feel normal again. I'm pretty sure it came from a certain leftover I ate on Monday. Too bad we leave tomorrow. We wanted to go trail biking and instead we couldn't go much of anywhere because I was sick and sick does not combine well with twisty windy mountain roads. And now today we have to pack and clean house and I guess I have to go back to the snoring roommate (I've been on the couch here). I did get out yesterday because a transformer went bad and we had no water and no means to boil the ice already in the freezer and I desperately needed water so I went to civilization despite still very much being sick. The power company fixed the line which will eventually need replacing and I got to shower and start feeling human again. Tomorrow we drive for 12+ hours.

And that has been my past two weeks.

20190729_142547.jpg

• Like 1

Oh goodness. That was certainly a very eventful couple of weeks.

I'm glad you're feeling better and can get back into your regular routine soon!

11 hours ago, Snickie said:

Tomorrow we drive for 12+ hours

Long road trips can be fun, but after all of that,  it doesn't sound like much fun at all. 

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Long road trips can be fun, but after all of that,  it doesn't sound like much fun at all. 

We ended up going shopping for sheets and having lunch (I ate real food!!!) and hiking just a little bit yesterday which was fun. There's a really short tunnel that goes through the rock and people can take a bunch of steps to cross over the top and also there's a small waterfall nearby so we hiked over to that.

Then I got home and made the mistake of having a bowl of ice cream and so the gut bug is still here because I freaking fed it. So I'm back on saltines and Pedialyte. I'm feeling okay now. 6 hours left to go. Rant rant rant whine rant 

I don't get to help drive because Mom said so (road fever) so I'm bored to tears. Lots of micro naps until I'm called to navigate (i.e. "why are we braking a little tiny bit?") which isn't my job at all especially since I can't reach a charging cable for my phone and navigation drains my battery like nothing else. My sleep schedule is going to be so screwed up after this.

At least my dad picked good music.

• Like 1