• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SkyGirl

Integration: The Protector Rises

7 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

So I wasn't sure how much I wanted to say here, but it's too cool not to share: I got to be on the Washington, DC television crew for NASA's Apollo 11 50th anniversary live show on Friday; which meant 2 intensely boring and grueling days of setup and errands in the beastly heat beforehand, but a simply magical day of running through crowds, putting microphones on astronauts, juggling equipment, fistbumping producers and directors, dabbing makeup on show hosts, making faces at the camera operators and flashing badges to part crowds on Friday. I really love TV. Not enough to want to give up writing, but it's sure a fun and exciting change of pace when I get to do it. 

This sounds amazing!  I'm glad you got to participate in something so awesome...

Apollo_11_plaque_closeup_on_Moon.jpg

• Thanks 1

Heyoo um Sky? you're kind of amazing and i hope you know that. Check you out, NASA'ing like a NASA boss. I'm glad you made it through the nastyhot temperatures okay! Not tracking during All Of That sounds like a great call <3

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2019 at 8:42 PM, Moros said:

This sounds amazing!  I'm glad you got to participate in something so awesome...

On 7/21/2019 at 11:34 PM, Miaulin said:

Heyoo um Sky? you're kind of amazing and i hope you know that. Check you out, NASA'ing like a NASA boss. I'm glad you made it through the nastyhot temperatures okay! Not tracking during All Of That sounds like a great call <3

21 hours ago, Salinger said:

Wow Sky how cool!!! You are deserving of a chilled week, for sure!! xx

tenor.gif

Thanks guys!! It was SUPER awesome and I haven't quite settled down from it, to be honest - today I was both tired and unfocused, and I tried to fix that by buying a diet Mountain Dew for myself, and wound up so jittery I couldn't sit still and very sick to my stomach.  :P :P :P  Silly Sky. Came home and had a breaded chicken sandwich and French fries to soothe my stomach - not the healthiest choice, but I made them at home and had moderate portions, and quit eating when I was full. Surprisingly, I also wound up under budget, which is odd because I didn't move much at all.

Sky, did you track your food? Yes I did!

Today was honestly very quiet and I don't have much to update, so I'm going to head for bed in a second - I was exhausted when I woke up and I need more sleep tonight!   :)  

Edit: I did not, as expected, go to bed in a second.  :P  I stayed up shopping for some small devotionals for a friend's care package while Lily got her shower, then I was hungry and ate a small bowl of cereal, which boosted me from "under target" to "in the zone" for my daily calories, yay. 

Now I am heading for bed. Yes, you may check in the morning to see if I really did.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

tenor.gif

Thanks guys!! It was SUPER awesome and I haven't quite settled down from it, to be honest - today I was both tired and unfocused, and I tried to fix that by buying a diet Mountain Dew for myself, and wound up so jittery I couldn't sit still and very sick to my stomach.  :P :P :P  Silly Sky. Came home and had a breaded chicken sandwich and French fries to soothe my stomach - not the healthiest choice, but I made them at home and had moderate portions, and quit eating when I was full. Surprisingly, I also wound up under budget, which is odd because I didn't move much at all.

Sky, did you track your food? Yes I did!

Today was honestly very quiet and I don't have much to update, so I'm going to head for bed in a second - I was exhausted when I woke up and I need more sleep tonight!   :)  

Edit: I did not, as expected, go to bed in a second.  :P  I stayed up shopping for some small devotionals for a friend's care package while Lily got her shower, then I was hungry and ate a small bowl of cereal, which boosted me from "under target" to "in the zone" for my daily calories, yay. 

Now I am heading for bed. Yes, you may check in the morning to see if I really did.

So did you really go to bed?

• Like 1

source.gif

Sky, did you track your food today?: Yes I did! It took a little research because I went out to dinner, but I did it.  :) 

-------

Super quick update tonight because I really really need sleep - even though I was in bed around the normal time last night, I didn't sleep well, and still wound up with less sleep than the past two nights.  :(  So I'm trying for a bit earlier tonight. I shall report on my success tomorrow.

I'm finding that settling down from the upheaval of the past two weeks has been more difficult than I thought it would be - I've been restless and unfocused at work, sad and irritable most of the time, can't seem to get enough sleep, and not wanting to eat, even though I'm hungry. I haven't been taking any of it too seriously because I know it will pass and I'll settle down, but it's a bit unpleasant just the same. Tonight I went out for dinner with some friends from work, which was tiring and I felt awkward and out of place, but it gave me both healthy food and conversation outside my own head, which were much needed. (The six of us also got hit on by not one, but two old men, with the second approaching us immediately after we finally got rid of the first one. Normally I enjoy chatting and bantering with old men when they're grandfatherly and teasing, but these two were creepy, making it more uncomfortable and strange than entertaining.) This evening I also opted to do half an hour of yoga instead of watching TV. That felt really good, just the right amount of difficulty without being overwhelming. 

One thing that has helped is I finally got assigned more work yesterday - for the past few weeks I've only had one story to work on, but Aubron gave me 3 more, and that makes me very happy. I focus much more easily when I have multiple projects going at the same time. I did feel frustrated again yesterday that I still don't feel like I have "connected" with him the same way I have connected with other bosses in the past, as he's very reserved and I still feel extremely deferential around him; but again, I'm trying not to take it too seriously. I haven't reached the level of comfort where he laughs and jokes with me, as he does with the older employees, but I hear from him and from others that he's pleased with my work, so that will do for now.  :)  

Lily has finished her shower so it's time for me to claim the bathroom and head for bed.  :)  I have other thoughts but they'll keep for tomorrow!

• Like 3