• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lateral Planet

Lateral Planet: The Long Night

11 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Didn't have time for a run or a walk like I'd hoped. Also won't have time tonight or tomorrow or probably Saturday either so I'll have to try motivating myself to do something else.

Well that didn't happen, oops. Except for a 30-second run to the mailbox and back.

One thing I did do well was moisturise the bejesus out of my skin. Between the dry winter and my dog allergies, my skin is a battlefield. But I've got my bridal hair and makeup trial tomorrow morning so I pulled out all the stops!

• Like 3

Had my trial and it went pretty well, although I feel really weird having all this makeup on! So I bought myself pizza because after stepping so far out of my comfort zone I just wanted some comfort food, y'know? At least the lipstick help up pretty well.

And there were two minor disasters. First one of the nose pads from my glasses turned up missing, and I won't get to Specsavers til tomorrow so I'm sitting here wearing my sunglasses indoors just because they're comfier. Second, the zip of the shirt was wearing completely exploded! It was a fairly old shirt and the scales have been kind to me lately, so I'm not taking it too hard. Plus I'm thankful it broke while I was home and not at work, but it was still super awkward to try to cut myself out of it while the stylist was still there.

Now I'm going to attempt to bake a cake while wearing glam as fuck makeup and sunglasses. Wish me luck!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Now I'm going to attempt to bake a cake while wearing glam as fuck makeup and sunglasses. Wish me luck!

This sounds awesome .

47 minutes ago, fleaball said:

This sounds awesome .

1926962199_2019-07-1215_40_42.thumb.jpg.cb7ac276c4f9b2e6f8604d16be1647ff.jpg

It's my mother-in-law's birthday tomorrow and my sister-in-law just had her baby the other day (I'm an auntie, yay!) So that's a peaches and cream cake for a double birthday tomorrow :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I love everything about this. 

Me too, except today I decided I hate mascara. I always just figured I didn't like it because I was lousy at applying it myself, but now I've had a professional do it and I still hate it. But that's why they do a trial! Now I have a chance to look into some alternatives so I can be comfortable AND glam as fuck ;)

The cake smells amazing, by the way!

• Like 2

It's been an odd sort of a Saturday. Had a very late lunch; we all got so distracted cooing over the new baby it was 2:30 before we thought of eating. To be fair, he is super cute and tiny! But lunch was just a bread roll and a slice of cake, so not much to it. I'm making sure dinner is more substantial, though.

No exercise, because my dog is depressed so I'm depressed too. Just couldn't find the energy or motivation for exercise today. Hopefully he'll be on the mend tomorrow but I'm just so drained from worrying about him that I might take it easy tomorrow too.

• Like 1

Yep, we took things easy today. Challenge stuff is kind of on hold while puppy's unwell and my headspace is all out of sorts. But I'll keep updating just so I can try to keep my goals at the back of my mind.

Exercise was hauling a few big bags worth of books down to donate to the book fair. Dinner is going to be Maccas, but I made us a special lunch for our two-year anniversary of being engaged. Pancakes are delicious, but they're a hassle to make and it's a pain to wash up afterwards, so they're a rare delicacy in my house!

1831271347_2019-07-1417_57_10.thumb.jpg.625714cbcbec374898f798fb09778e13.jpg

• Like 1

OK so this is me right now:

1497838867_giphy(6).gif.c223763a84a4a46f6c05e9d89dc78b0c.gif

The battle's not going super well, it's kind of hard to see what's happening and some of the best characters are in mortal peril. The latest dose of chemo kind of knocked my puppy off his feet, so he's having a little spa weekend at the vet for a couple of nights. He's on the mend already, but it's still taking up most of my attention so let's add an extra goal:

6) Don't eat your feelings

There's still cake left over from the weekend and McDonald's just up the road, BUT also my wedding dress fitting is booked three weeks from now, and that's more than enough time to gain a dress size if I have too much cake and Maccas!

• Like 3

I really hope Puppy feels better soon. Poor guy. Its so hard to be a the top of your game when your furbabies aren't feeling it. 

Congrats on your 2 year anniversary of being engaged :) Those pancakes look so yummy. 

Can you ask the make up artist about lighter applications? I think if you say you want a more "natural" look and you aren't used to wearing make up they would be able to accommodate.  I think you look beautiful in your cake sunglasses glam shot butttt its about you being comfortable! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rookie said:

I really hope Puppy feels better soon. Poor guy. Its so hard to be a the top of your game when your furbabies aren't feeling it. 

Sorry I kind of fell off the face of the earth for a few days there! He's doing much better now, he's home and pretty much back to normal, but as I say it kind of took all my attention so I haven't really been conscious of challenge stuff this week.

9 hours ago, Rookie said:

Congrats on your 2 year anniversary of being engaged :) Those pancakes look so yummy. 

Thanks! I covered them in fruit to kid myself it was a healthy lunch ;)

9 hours ago, Rookie said:

Can you ask the make up artist about lighter applications? I think if you say you want a more "natural" look and you aren't used to wearing make up they would be able to accommodate.  I think you look beautiful in your cake sunglasses glam shot butttt its about you being comfortable! 

A day or two later she did ask how it all went so I let her know. She'll do a lighter application and more hairpins on the day. I understand that the heavier makeup comes up great in photos but I kept wanting to scratch my face or blow my nose and my eyelashes kept sticking together so I just couldn't get comfy! I'll look into eyelash tinting as an alternative to mascara and falsies but I think otherwise it's just a matter of practice.

Bonus: happy puppy enjoying his spot in the sunshine

1058829034_2019-07-1909_32_41.thumb.jpg.d198f6b74eee953d05b62e31b52a4de4.jpg

• Like 2

Although I haven't been very focused on challenge stuff this week I've had a few wins. I've taken a few days off work to catch up on puppy cuddles and do some shopping I wasn't able to do on the weekend. Found a couple of great dresses I could wear to my friends' wedding, and for one of them I had to go back to the rack and get a smaller size. That's always a good feeling!

Also, Fiancé's default food court option at that mall is KFC, but when we got there it was shut down. Probably it's just getting refurbished, but for now it's nice not to have the temptation.

• Like 2

Love happy puppy photo!!! <3 And don't apologize for not being around. You have had some real life stuff going on. The fact you are still here and updating when you do is amazing <3 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

Love happy puppy photo!!! <3 And don't apologize for not being around. You have had some real life stuff going on. The fact you are still here and updating when you do is amazing <3 

Real life always seems to get in the way! But I'm trying to keep my goals in the back of my mind so I don't let things get too far out of whack. I've got to fit that dress!

• Like 1

I just saw new Queer Eye is on Netflix! That always seems to spur a focus on self-improvement in me, and just what I need right now! Maybe I should rewatch Marie Kondo as well for good measure ;)

More mini wins happening. I tried out eyelash tinting today and I didn't hate it; it was a bit tingly for a few minutes but overall way more comfortable and better-looking than mascara. Also had tasty sushi for lunch while Fiancé sought out the KFC he was denied the other day.

Also I finally bought some new blue jeans. Nice bootcuts are hard to find and they were on special, so I bought two pairs. "Did you mean to buy a 12 and a 10?" they asked. "Yes, one pair is for now and the other is aspirational," I said. Worked well enough last time, when I bought a 14 and a 12.

Sunday is going to be lots of fun. Meeting up with friends to see The Lion King. It was my absolute favourite as a kid so I'm a bit precious about it, but I'm hoping the remake doesn't stray too far from perfection. After that Fiancé and I are going to our wedding venue for a menu tasting! It's going to be delicious, but we might need a light dinner afterwards. 

• Like 1

It's Monday and I'm just going to start afresh with some mini goals to keep me going for the rest of the challenge. All that craziness last week really threw me off my groove, but only because I let it, so here are some goals to get me back on track:

1) Track food and drinks

Last week I went a bit nuts with snacking. It was a mix of eating to feel better and also having lots of leftover cake around the place. So I'm going to focus less on IF for now and just be mindful of what I'm having.

2) Drink more water

I usually have a refillable 800ml bottle with me but I've been pretty neglectful of late, so I'm going to aim to drink two of those each day.

3) Moisturise

Guys, my skin is a mess at the moment, due to aforementioned dehydration and also my usual allergies. So I'm getting back in the swing of self-care but starting small here.

• Like 1

Mini challenge went well on Monday. I didn't do IF but I did track everything I ate and it turned out I was pretty hungry, but I managed to fill myself up with fruit between meals. Maybe my lunch portions were a bit stingy this week, so I bought myself some bread rolls to snack on rather than reaching for the chocolate. It helps that work is back to being busy again, so I have something to think about other than what I'm going to eat next ;)

It's 2pm on Tuesday and I've already crushed my water goal! The kuai tiau I bought for lunch was delicious but way too spicy for me

Edit: Apparently all that water wasn't enough so I also had some bread and butter and a puff from my inhaler and I'm right as rain. Stupid spice intolerance!

Wednesday has gone pretty well. Got a little early mark at work, just in time to have dinner at home. I was fully expecting to have dinner at work and someone walked past me with a box of hot chips... so damn tempting! Instead I headed home for steak and salad, much more nutritious!

• Like 1

Stepped on the scale this morning out of curiosity (official weigh-in on Monday) and I'm already seeing an improvement. It really drives home the importance of tracking food, which is tedious but effective. It's easy to grab a handful of peanut M&Ms thinking, "That's hardly anything!" when you've already forgotten about the several handfuls you had earlier; it adds up.

The other major change from the last few weeks is that I haven't had any tea at all. That's not a huge amount of calories (2tsp sugar and a splash of milk) but it means I've been way more strict with IF, which probably has made a difference.

• Like 1

Smashed my water goal by once again having a spicy lunch. Well that's one way to do it, I guess.

Hold onto your butts, because I actually have plans to exercise this afternoon! Between him being sick and me working late, it's been almost three weeks since I took puppy for a walk, so despite the grey gloominess of the afternoon I'm going to rug up and head on out. I'm putting this in writing here so I don't wuss out :P

• Like 1

I have a very stubborn sausage dog! We managed 3km eventually, but he just had to stop and sniff/pee on everything every two minutes. Guess he had some catching up to do! Plus I had to carry him a bit, so that's some weight lifting as well for good measure. Considering the most exercise I've done in the last few weeks is having to walk a bit further than usual between the car and the office, I'm still pretty pleased with myself :D

• Like 1

Went for another walk on Saturday, and puppy was much more cooperative because both of us went; he vastly prefers family walkies!

Didn't eat so well, though. Made a banana smoothie for lunch, but then I finished off the last of the chocolate mousse cake I made last week. Now that I think about it, it was probably past its expiry date but I don't think I've poisoned myself. Then I went to a friend's place for a Baileys themed dinner party. We made pizzas, and dessert was saucy chocolate dumplings and Baileys ice cream I made the other day. On the one hand, none of the above is super healthy, but at least it was all homemade.

• Like 1