• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

raptron

Assassin's Den

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Is it OK if I just move houses?

 

7 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Can you do it weird?

I feel like it's impossible to pack and move without SOME sort of strangeness going on, but please make an extra effort to make it weird. :D

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, raptron said:

 

I feel like it's impossible to pack and move without SOME sort of strangeness going on, but please make an extra effort to make it weird. :D

 

 

 

Wait, are you moving weird, houses or moving, weird houses? 

 

4dee4a1230e45ac3ba259572dc8a4bb8.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's this? Not me in that vid, but I am going to a workshop she's teaching on Sunday! So theoretically I'll be learning how to do stuff like that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, do people here sometimes have problems with fully extending their arms while doing eccentrics with weights e.g. with dumbbells, bicep curls, pull-ups, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Snickie said:

Hey, do people here sometimes have problems with fully extending their arms while doing eccentrics with weights e.g. with dumbbells, bicep curls, pull-ups, etc?

I am not sure if what you are describing was the same thing I experienced, but the first year I started doing strength work, I think my muscles got stronger faster than my tendons, which caused me to have a quite sore feeling in my elbows whenever I straightened/fully extended them while weighted (at least that was my best guess as to what was causing it).  Doing lighter/easier exercises for 2-3 weeks helped quite a bit.

 

However, if it is really painful or persists for more than a few weeks even after deloading, you would probably do well to get it checked by a doctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not painful, per se, but I have this feeling of "pain is imminent if I try to extend this all the way while weighted". I can extend fine when unloaded. Manarelle in my thread talked about how extending all the way would mean losing tension which you wouldn't want when weighted. I guess I'm just confused about why it's doing this on what I consider to be low weights (10 lb dumbbell). So I kind of understand it happening when I'm doing inverted rows. I remember doing pullups in 6th grade (we did this once I guess) and I dropped to extend my arms fully and then I had to work extra hard to pull myself back up and I was like "okay not doing that again." But it didn't end up mattering because that was the only time we did it at all and I didn't try anything resembling pullups again until I went to college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Snickie said:

It's not painful, per se, but I have this feeling of "pain is imminent if I try to extend this all the way while weighted". I can extend fine when unloaded. Manarelle in my thread talked about how extending all the way would mean losing tension which you wouldn't want when weighted. I guess I'm just confused about why it's doing this on what I consider to be low weights (10 lb dumbbell). So I kind of understand it happening when I'm doing inverted rows. I remember doing pullups in 6th grade (we did this once I guess) and I dropped to extend my arms fully and then I had to work extra hard to pull myself back up and I was like "okay not doing that again." But it didn't end up mattering because that was the only time we did it at all and I didn't try anything resembling pullups again until I went to college.

I'm not sure what it could be then, unless it is perhaps a CNS issue, with your brain freaking out that your are going to hyperextend when the weight hits the full extension.  I remember a similar feeling when I had to do preacher curls in high school gym and was not strong enough to even curl the bar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm not sure what it could be then, unless it is perhaps a CNS issue, with your brain freaking out that your are going to hyperextend when the weight hits the full extension.  I remember a similar feeling when I had to do preacher curls in high school gym and was not strong enough to even curl the bar

That could be. I can already hyper extend my fingers and my hands to a lesser degree and it's sometimes an issue when playing clarinet. I don't really hyper extend on my elbows but I do think an olecranon fracture would be extremely painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The door to the Den creaks open and a Ranger slips through. In the half-light, it is sort of hard to see. She leaves a note on a nearby table and leaves as quickly as she came, closing the door softly behind her. In a moment, the assassins had gathered 'round curiously to see what their ally had to say.

 

Dear Assassins and fellow Rebels,

 

A competition starts tomorrow. Bodyweight exercises, one a day. Think you can take us Rangers on? Not afraid of a little PvP, are you? ;) 

 

Rho

 

 

 

Sorry to take liberties with your delightful Den. But I thought you may be interested in a Daily Dare PvP I set up. Starts tomorrow. See you there?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now