• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

raptron

Assassin's Den

20 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Is it OK if I just move houses?

7 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Can you do it weird?

I feel like it's impossible to pack and move without SOME sort of strangeness going on, but please make an extra effort to make it weird. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, raptron said:

I feel like it's impossible to pack and move without SOME sort of strangeness going on, but please make an extra effort to make it weird. :D

Wait, are you moving weird, houses or moving, weird houses? 

4dee4a1230e45ac3ba259572dc8a4bb8.jpg

• Haha 2

How's this? Not me in that vid, but I am going to a workshop she's teaching on Sunday! So theoretically I'll be learning how to do stuff like that.

• Like 3

Hey, do people here sometimes have problems with fully extending their arms while doing eccentrics with weights e.g. with dumbbells, bicep curls, pull-ups, etc?

12 hours ago, Snickie said:

Hey, do people here sometimes have problems with fully extending their arms while doing eccentrics with weights e.g. with dumbbells, bicep curls, pull-ups, etc?

I am not sure if what you are describing was the same thing I experienced, but the first year I started doing strength work, I think my muscles got stronger faster than my tendons, which caused me to have a quite sore feeling in my elbows whenever I straightened/fully extended them while weighted (at least that was my best guess as to what was causing it).  Doing lighter/easier exercises for 2-3 weeks helped quite a bit.

However, if it is really painful or persists for more than a few weeks even after deloading, you would probably do well to get it checked by a doctor

It's not painful, per se, but I have this feeling of "pain is imminent if I try to extend this all the way while weighted". I can extend fine when unloaded. Manarelle in my thread talked about how extending all the way would mean losing tension which you wouldn't want when weighted. I guess I'm just confused about why it's doing this on what I consider to be low weights (10 lb dumbbell). So I kind of understand it happening when I'm doing inverted rows. I remember doing pullups in 6th grade (we did this once I guess) and I dropped to extend my arms fully and then I had to work extra hard to pull myself back up and I was like "okay not doing that again." But it didn't end up mattering because that was the only time we did it at all and I didn't try anything resembling pullups again until I went to college.

6 hours ago, Snickie said:

It's not painful, per se, but I have this feeling of "pain is imminent if I try to extend this all the way while weighted". I can extend fine when unloaded. Manarelle in my thread talked about how extending all the way would mean losing tension which you wouldn't want when weighted. I guess I'm just confused about why it's doing this on what I consider to be low weights (10 lb dumbbell). So I kind of understand it happening when I'm doing inverted rows. I remember doing pullups in 6th grade (we did this once I guess) and I dropped to extend my arms fully and then I had to work extra hard to pull myself back up and I was like "okay not doing that again." But it didn't end up mattering because that was the only time we did it at all and I didn't try anything resembling pullups again until I went to college.

I'm not sure what it could be then, unless it is perhaps a CNS issue, with your brain freaking out that your are going to hyperextend when the weight hits the full extension.  I remember a similar feeling when I had to do preacher curls in high school gym and was not strong enough to even curl the bar

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm not sure what it could be then, unless it is perhaps a CNS issue, with your brain freaking out that your are going to hyperextend when the weight hits the full extension.  I remember a similar feeling when I had to do preacher curls in high school gym and was not strong enough to even curl the bar

That could be. I can already hyper extend my fingers and my hands to a lesser degree and it's sometimes an issue when playing clarinet. I don't really hyper extend on my elbows but I do think an olecranon fracture would be extremely painful.

The door to the Den creaks open and a Ranger slips through. In the half-light, it is sort of hard to see. She leaves a note on a nearby table and leaves as quickly as she came, closing the door softly behind her. In a moment, the assassins had gathered 'round curiously to see what their ally had to say.

Dear Assassins and fellow Rebels,

A competition starts tomorrow. Bodyweight exercises, one a day. Think you can take us Rangers on? Not afraid of a little PvP, are you? ;) 

Rho

Sorry to take liberties with your delightful Den. But I thought you may be interested in a Daily Dare PvP I set up. Starts tomorrow. See you there?

• Like 2