• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hello Rebels!

source.gif

I'm annyshay. I'm a single, thirty-something physician that just moved across the country to start a new job and life in Albany NY. My cat's name is Dragon. I've been at this Nerd Fitness thing for quite some time and recently became an ambassador for the Adventurers. I've had an injury in my right foot that I'm slowly nursing back to health. I eat intuitively and have sworn off diet mentality. I've learned a ton about stress management and work to prioritize sleep. I love meeting new rebels, so say hello if you wander in. To all my friends and old followers, welcome back!

As I resettle into my new life, I'm going to refocus on some of my core habits to make sure that I strengthen my foundation. I will aim to do these things regularly and report on them often!

Cook

Walk

Reach Out

Grateful Wins

giphy.gif

• Like 12

As I mentioned in my brief intro, I recently moved to Albany NY. I've got an empty apartment still because I'm waiting for my stuff to make the same trek across the country. The plan is for my stuff to arrive in cubes (like pods) on Friday, and then movers will be coming on Saturday. That means that I will be working on moving in fully for the first part of the challenge. Currently I have just the stuff that would fit in my car with me on the way from Minneapolis. I also don't have a clear start date for my work due to delays with the paperwork. This means that I will have more free time than I'm used to at least for the near future. I'm hoping that I can focus and make sure that I get some important things done that often get ignored when life gets more hectic. Those important things are mostly the self care that I made into goals. 

• Like 11

16 hours ago, annyshay said:

This means that I will have more free time than I'm used to at least for the near future. I'm hoping that I can focus and make sure that I get some important things done that often get ignored when life gets more hectic. Those important things are mostly the self care that I made into goals.

Ooh! So happy for you! Enjoy this bit of a break that you've been given and go explore a little bit (like finding a secret store that sells your incense or candles or special treats)! I'm so excited for you! Is your mom still with you, or has she gone home?
Hugs to Dragon from me and Stampy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Yay! Happy moving! I hope you love the new city and job!

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

So excited for yo in your new adventure! 

Thanks ladies, and welcome!

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

?format=1500w

Can't believe I never thought to put that phrase with your profession.

This may surprise you, but other people have definitely thought of it. Hehe. ;)

3 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Ooh! So happy for you! Enjoy this bit of a break that you've been given and go explore a little bit (like finding a secret store that sells your incense or candles or special treats)! I'm so excited for you! Is your mom still with you, or has she gone home?
Hugs to Dragon from me and Stampy.

Thanks, today I'm doing stuff at the hospital, but I think tomorrow I will try out a local tea shop. :)

Mom headed back home already. Her help was greatly appreciated.

Hugs back!

• Like 5

Tuesday w0d3

Cook

- made all my meals yesterday *high five*

Walk

- just a little bit at the store (was getting some more essentials at Target and then a baby gift)

Reach Out

- set up my new thread on NF and checked on the level one rebels (nobody's there yet)

Grateful Wins

- had a moment where I wanted to go get food instead of making it because I was hungry and wanted "real food", but reminded myself that the stuff I make at home even with fewer than usual tools is more real than anything I can find.

• Like 7

Looking ahead - today is going to be busy. I've got most of the morning to myself, but there's a baby shower for one of the case managers in my new clinic at noon. I was invited as a good opportunity to get to know everybody again. I was able to buy a gift yesterday, so hopefully the party will go smoothly. I hate baby showers. They just give me the creeps. Wedding showers are similar, but I've had more exposure to them over the years. So, it will take a fair amount of energy to be bubbly and outgoing.

After the baby shower, I have to go to my occupational health appointment where they make sure that I'm healthy enough to work as a doctor, have all the right vaccines, and don't have any diseases that I'll pass on to my patients. I wasn't able to print out my recent vaccines, so I'm hoping that they will take my word and a photo from a computer as evidence. We'll see. Then I'm meeting up with the recruitment individual at the hospital to do things like get my badge and parking and HR things sorted out. 

Hopefully after that I can chill in the fancy new apartment or maybe wander around the park that's nearby. I suppose I could also do that this morning actually. Maybe I will go play Wizards Unite in the park. First I've got a lot more writing that I want to get done. After all, Camp Nano is coming (starts July 1st). Anyway, I hope you all have an excellent day ahead.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

This may surprise you, but other people have definitely thought of it. Hehe. ;)

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Looking ahead - today is going to be busy. I've got most of the morning to myself, but there's a baby shower for one of the case managers in my new clinic at noon. I was invited as a good opportunity to get to know everybody again. I was able to buy a gift yesterday, so hopefully the party will go smoothly. I hate baby showers. They just give me the creeps. Wedding showers are similar, but I've had more exposure to them over the years. So, it will take a fair amount of energy to be bubbly and outgoing.

After the baby shower, I have to go to my occupational health appointment where they make sure that I'm healthy enough to work as a doctor, have all the right vaccines, and don't have any diseases that I'll pass on to my patients. I wasn't able to print out my recent vaccines, so I'm hoping that they will take my word and a photo from a computer as evidence. We'll see. Then I'm meeting up with the recruitment individual at the hospital to do things like get my badge and parking and HR things sorted out. 

Hopefully after that I can chill in the fancy new apartment or maybe wander around the park that's nearby. I suppose I could also do that this morning actually. Maybe I will go play Wizards Unite in the park. First I've got a lot more writing that I want to get done. After all, Camp Nano is coming (starts July 1st). Anyway, I hope you all have an excellent day ahead.

Yeah, I hate baby showers too. There's nothing wrong with them, nor is there anything wrong with people who like them, but they are very, very much not for me. As for HR stuff, are you an employee of the clinic or an independent contractor? Will you simply have hospital privileges, does your clinic contract with the hospital, or is it some third arrangement I haven't thought of? I know down here the only doctors who actually work for the hospital as an employee are ones in the Chief of Medicine department, and they work in quality control. All the others contract one way or another.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yeah, I hate baby showers too. There's nothing wrong with them, nor is there anything wrong with people who like them, but they are very, very much not for me.

Exactly!

29 minutes ago, Sciread77 said:

I like baby showers and wedding showers. But as an introvert, they exhaust me. I don’t blame you for being creeped out though. 

Haha, I respect this.

• Like 1

As for HR stuff, are you an employee of the clinic or an independent contractor? Will you simply have hospital privileges, does your clinic contract with the hospital, or is it some third arrangement I haven't thought of? I know down here the only doctors who actually work for the hospital as an employee are ones in the Chief of Medicine department, and they work in quality control. All the others contract one way or another.

Uh... I'm not sure if I know exactly? Maybe this will become more clear moving forward? It's an academic medical center, so I think the Department of Pediatrics is a part of the hospital, but it might be a separate group in some sneaky way I don't understand yet.

• Like 3

I actually like baby showers better than wedding showers, although I don't have a lot of experience with either one. #nofriendsmeansnoparties

3 minutes ago, annyshay said:

As for HR stuff, are you an employee of the clinic or an independent contractor? Will you simply have hospital privileges, does your clinic contract with the hospital, or is it some third arrangement I haven't thought of? I know down here the only doctors who actually work for the hospital as an employee are ones in the Chief of Medicine department, and they work in quality control. All the others contract one way or another.

Uh... I'm not sure if I know exactly? Maybe this will become more clear moving forward? It's an academic medical center, so I think the Department of Pediatrics is a part of the hospital, but it might be a separate group in some sneaky way I don't understand yet.

I was actually commenting on the AMC part when you posted! Most of the AMC's I've worked with / are aware of employ their physicians (and honestly, employed physicians are on the rise anyway). Although this isn't as common in areas with multiple hospitals (i.e. competition). Not sure in your case, but a lot of times AMC contracts are written to include components of the teaching piece (i.e. overseeing students or even teaching), so it's more encompassing than a traditional contract relationship. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I actually like baby showers better than wedding showers, although I don't have a lot of experience with either one. #nofriendsmeansnoparties

I was actually commenting on the AMC part when you posted! Most of the AMC's I've worked with / are aware of employ their physicians (and honestly, employed physicians are on the rise anyway). Although this isn't as common in areas with multiple hospitals (i.e. competition). Not sure in your case, but a lot of times AMC contracts are written to include components of the teaching piece (i.e. overseeing students or even teaching), so it's more encompassing than a traditional contract relationship. 

Well, I've survived the baby shower, so that's good.

I think I'm employed by AMC (albany medical center), and yes I have time for "administration" and "teaching" written in to my contract, although it's not very much time at all. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Well, I've survived the baby shower, so that's good.

I think I'm employed by AMC (albany medical center), and yes I have time for "administration" and "teaching" written in to my contract, although it's not very much time at all. 

Sorry, AMC = Academic Medical Center to me!

Just now, Sylvaa said:

Sorry, AMC = Academic Medical Center to me!

Legit. Both are right, so it's good for me to clarify. Hehe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm just sitting over here thinking "Why is a movie theatre chain hiring ID doctors?"

It’s clearly a dangerous business. 

• Like 2

Wednesday w0d4

Cook

- breakfast and dinner

Walk

- walked to and from the hospital (a few blocks!)

Reach Out

- went to the baby shower and met everyone again

Grateful Wins

- got through a lot of socializing without being too weird

- managed not to take on the disappointment from my colleagues about my late start more than I needed to

• Like 6

On 6/25/2019 at 1:43 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

?format=1500w

Uh oh. I think you've started something. :D

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm just sitting over here thinking "Why is a movie theatre chain hiring ID doctors?"

I work at a movie theater. Sometimes we need doctors. 

Proud of you for making some big steps @annyshay. Following!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WolfDreamer said:

Uh oh. I think you've started something. :D

I work at a movie theater. Sometimes we need doctors. 

Proud of you for making some big steps @annyshay. Following!

Hehe. Glad you're here!

• Like 1

Thursday w0d5

Cook

- made breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Walk

- took a short walk around the park near my new home

Reach Out

- started chatting on a world building discord

- shared a sentence of my writing on a writer's discord

Grateful Wins

- everything above

- took time to catch up with my former (and hopefully future when I have money) health coach Amy Clover

• Like 7

9 hours ago, annyshay said:

shared a sentence of my writing on a writer's discord

What was it about? Can we see it?

• Like 2