• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

Raxie Thinks She Can Dance

G7ZE.gif

going full beast mode

So I hadn't really realized it until I woke up this morning feeling AMAZING, but I guess I've been having some serious anxiety for the past 2+ weeks over a myriad of things, honestly probably mostly too much socialization and not enough sleep, and not having the time to dance or lift.  I knew I was feeling off, but until I had some time alone today and also slept for 10 hours and woke up feeling like a billion bucks I didn't even realize what an awful state I was in. So yeah, feeling pretty beastly and ready to take on the world now

The last 2 days were fun, but as predicted food and beveraging was not great -- I abstained from drinking but ate like garbage on the 4th, and I ate well but did drink at my two best friends birthday on Wednesday.  Small wins. And then today I ate amazingly, lifted, danced a bunch and cleaned.  Tonight in dance we worked our showcase number that we haven't run since we performed it in April since we are competing it in August and I was shocked we remembered it - I feel pretty good about it.  I also started wearing my new shoes that I stoned last week and they fit SO MUCH BETTER than my old ones I feel like I can dance so much better in them so hooray! Overall freaking out slightly less and erring more on the side of excited for this comp!

So here's my food from the last 3 days.  Not so great yesterday, but I was happy to have managed to get vegetables in with an arugula & truffle oil salad topped pizza  XD. Everything was delicious though so I don't regret a thing.   Also that strange looking quinoa blob thing from Wednesday is actually one of my favourite things to cook - just throw quinoa and a bag of frozen broccoli and some dressing and broth in a pressure cooker and when you stir it the broccoli almost turns into like mashed potatoes and makes the whole thing SUPER fluffy and almost risotto-ish? Then I add some protein and/or cheese, like this time I did sausage and cheddar.  A few weeks ago I did shredded chicken and diced green onions.  Honestly so good, but not pretty at all XD.

7bbd10c702b0f7c68e0725b8642138fb.jpg            60bbe3670933c630636bc0c7b9c70fa1.jpg            41f04e0cd775f5a154d57cfdf943a77f.jpg

And then, finally, here's this week's dance video! It's the quickstep portion of a Singing in the Rain medley we are working on for a performance in September.  This is the first day we had this choreo, and my frame/head position is super crazy floppy in quickstep because I freak out about how quick the footwork is and I'm not used to it BUT this is probably one of my favourite dances ever so whatever. The whole reason I'm pushing myself to share more dancing here is to get used to being OK with people seeing me not be perfect, hopefully so I'll be more comfortable when my first competition rolls around in August, at which I will surely not be perfect hahah:

And that's all I got for today! Happy weekend everyone

• Like 8

On 7/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, Raxie said:

No that's Tyler! Another T though so close enough haha. He's actually the DM of one of the D&D games I'm in (Tyler, not Travis).  He competes in rhythm last I checked.

Oh right, wrong T name from Texas - and sounds right, don't think our paths have crossed yet but I looked him up once when a nerd mentioned his name.

It's funny to me too because I feel like all the ladies who compete pro-am at my studio are like a round robin of what our favourite dances are vs what we are best at.  My favourite is jive but apparently I'm best at samba.  One person's favourite is rumba but is best at jive. And the other person's favourite is samba but is best at rumba hahah.

Hahah sounds about right - whereas I'm just bad at picking a favorite dance at this point, they're all favorites for different reasons!

Haha yeah I got super excited when I found out shadow botafogos and one type of turn out of frame were bronze - I had no idea there was some actual cool stuff in there (I've been a little disappointed with the simplicity of the rumba bronze syllabus tbh haha)

Yuuup - and there are so many goodies in there when you know all the little notes and what that lets you do - Silver gets NUTS for Cha and Rumba, in the best possible way.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:35 PM, Raxie said:

Wowwwwzerrrr you guys.  I just had the most amazing past couple days. Travis my CNF friend left to go back to Texas on Monday, and I literally spent all of yesterday emotionally and physically recovering from the wild ride that his visit was. We did so much touristing and eating and drinking and birthday celebrating and pride-ing.  My wallet and my waist line are like SOS SEND HELP but it was so well worth it. World Pride probably won't be back in NYC any time soon and it will never again land on the 50th anniversary of Stonewall and friends rarely come visit me specifically for their birthdays from afar so my savings account is just going to have to suck it up.  And my flash 6lb gain will drop off quickly once I get back in line.  Today is essentially the first day of the challenge for me since yesterday was a designated non-responsibility/recovery/anti-social day, and Monday Travis was still in town so I knew I wasn't going to be doing anything challenge related. So here I am! Happy challenge day to me :D I finally figured out my goals:

Sounds like an awesome and fun weekend!!

On 7/3/2019 at 3:12 PM, Raxie said:

Also it's kind of funny because this seems totally nuts when I write it down, but this is honestly kind of a calm week for me XD

SAME - I tell people I have a nice chill weekend and sometimes I have to add "....chill by my standards, anyway" to clarify for them.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:08 PM, Raxie said:

So I hadn't really realized it until I woke up this morning feeling AMAZING, but I guess I've been having some serious anxiety for the past 2+ weeks over a myriad of things, honestly probably mostly too much socialization and not enough sleep, and not having the time to dance or lift.  I knew I was feeling off, but until I had some time alone today and also slept for 10 hours and woke up feeling like a billion bucks I didn't even realize what an awful state I was in. So yeah, feeling pretty beastly and ready to take on the world now

Ooof, has everyone been going through a rough patch the past couple weeks? I swear that's a common thing for all my favorite nerds right now. But glad you're getting to the other side of it!

So here's my food from the last 3 days.  Not so great yesterday, but I was happy to have managed to get vegetables in with an arugula & truffle oil salad topped pizza  XD. Everything was delicious though so I don't regret a thing.   Also that strange looking quinoa blob thing from Wednesday is actually one of my favourite things to cook - just throw quinoa and a bag of frozen broccoli and some dressing and broth in a pressure cooker and when you stir it the broccoli almost turns into like mashed potatoes and makes the whole thing SUPER fluffy and almost risotto-ish? Then I add some protein and/or cheese, like this time I did sausage and cheddar.  A few weeks ago I did shredded chicken and diced green onions.  Honestly so good, but not pretty at all XD.

Hehehe quinoa blob! I definitely have some standby dishes that are NOT pretty but are DEFINITELY delicious.

And then, finally, here's this week's dance video! It's the quickstep portion of a Singing in the Rain medley we are working on for a performance in September.  This is the first day we had this choreo, and my frame/head position is super crazy floppy in quickstep because I freak out about how quick the footwork is and I'm not used to it BUT this is probably one of my favourite dances ever so whatever. The whole reason I'm pushing myself to share more dancing here is to get used to being OK with people seeing me not be perfect, hopefully so I'll be more comfortable when my first competition rolls around in August, at which I will surely not be perfect hahah:

Oooh nice! Love the flicking trims (I know there's a proper term for them, and I know I don't know it), very apropos for the song.

Oh gosh girl. 

First of all, that BuJo spread is so sexy!  I loooove it.   Did you create it that way, or is that some magical purchasable one that comes pre-designated by days/ with the empty blocks on top and... oh gosh, I'll be in my bunk.       I really need to stop pussyfooting around and get a proper BuJo set up, because while I am getting better at updating here again, I am now thinking that the BuJo habit was an additionally large part of the success formula from the winter.

That video is amaze!!!!   Gosh.  If I don't get to meet you in RL some day, I am going to be very upset with myself.     We're planning that Texas NF Eclipse event right?  That's a thing?  That we're doing?   We're doing it.

Way to go on all the badassery!    Get some of that recharge/refuel time in under your belt too though!!

Look at all the fun you had with friends, YEAH!  Love that you are sharing videos, i'm following you in IG now too.  So much here (new shoes, BoJo pretties and food pics) that makes me happy!!!!  

On 7/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Oh right, wrong T name from Texas - and sounds right, don't think our paths have crossed yet but I looked him up once when a nerd mentioned his name.

There are a lot of you nerds down in Texas, I understand the confusion hahah.  Though I think he did move back north semi-recently.  ::shrug::

Hahah sounds about right - whereas I'm just bad at picking a favorite dance at this point, they're all favorites for different reasons!

Jive has ALWAYS been my favourite - the high energy of the dance and the music and the general vibe of that dance fits my personality so well.  I usually cycle through what my LEAST favourite dance is - currently it is cha cha. I have the most technical issues with cha cha I think that's why.  Though almost every song I love that isn't a jive tends to be cha cha so I should learn to love it.

Yuuup - and there are so many goodies in there when you know all the little notes and what that lets you do - Silver gets NUTS for Cha and Rumba, in the best possible way.

Yes! I love the silver moves.  I do get annoyed that an open hip twist is silver for both of those dances, I hate doing a basic into fan I feel like it's so ugly :| (we actually avoided having to do this in our rumba routine luckily haha)

SAME - I tell people I have a nice chill weekend and sometimes I have to add "....chill by my standards, anyway" to clarify for them.

Lmao I literally told someone the other day "oh I only have dance and am meeting someone for dinner tonight, so not much going on" and they were like excuse me what? Hahah

Ooof, has everyone been going through a rough patch the past couple weeks? I swear that's a common thing for all my favorite nerds right now. But glad you're getting to the other side of it!

I feel like that tends to happen around here, too! It's weird.  But yeah, it was rough and I didn't even realize it until I was coming out the other side - but I'm glad I'm on the up and up as well.  Thanks!!

Oooh nice! Love the flicking trims (I know there's a proper term for them, and I know I don't know it), very apropos for the song.

Thanks! I love those too.  I don't think they're actually quickstep steps though - probably more along the lines of Charleston or something?

21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

First of all, that BuJo spread is so sexy!  I loooove it.   Did you create it that way, or is that some magical purchasable one that comes pre-designated by days/ with the empty blocks on top and... oh gosh, I'll be in my bunk.       I really need to stop pussyfooting around and get a proper BuJo set up, because while I am getting better at updating here again, I am now thinking that the BuJo habit was an additionally large part of the success formula from the winter.

Yes it is a magical purchasable one - I shopped around  A LOT before finding something that works for me, and I know I don't have the time to do spreads myself, so I bit the bullet and did this monthly subscription thing that sends you a little notebook with weekly and monthly trackers and weekly spreads each month! It's called Silk and Sonder.  I'm basically obsessed and it has seriously gotten my butt in gear. Highly recommend. It is a little pricey ($18/month) but after all the money I've wasted over the years on trying to do this stuff myself or get pre-filled note books that I've abandoned, and I've stuck with this for 4 months now and seen a noticeable difference in my productivity, it's honestly worth it for me. Plus its SUPER aesthetically pleasing and it has cute monthly goals and prompts and journalism exercises that change every month too. And a colouring page!

That video is amaze!!!!   Gosh.  If I don't get to meet you in RL some day, I am going to be very upset with myself.     We're planning that Texas NF Eclipse event right?  That's a thing?  That we're doing?   We're doing it.

NO WE MUST MEET!!!! I will also be upset if we do not.  Sometimes I forget that we actually haven't met tbh?!?!?! Is that weird? Lol. And YES OMG TEXAS NF ECLIPSE MEET UPPPPP!!!! 2024?

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks for sharing the video. It looks amazing and I love that dance. Yay for comfy dance shoes.

Thanks! :) Also comfy is definitely a relative term hahah - I'm still breaking them in so I've got blisters galore but at least the heel is balanced, unlike on my last pair I was wobbling all over the place.

15 hours ago, Terra said:

Look at all the fun you had with friends, YEAH!  Love that you are sharing videos, i'm following you in IG now too.  So much here (new shoes, BoJo pretties and food pics) that makes me happy!!!!  

Thanks!! Glad to make you happy :) Hahah. 

On 7/6/2019 at 12:07 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That video looks great! Also I am your first IG follower!

Yay thanks Tank!

Also re: ig following I just made that ig to post dance videos to because I dislike YouTube, I have a more "real" one (dibiz116).  I occasionally post dance stuff there as well but it's more like 5 second clips or boomerangs of stuff I KNOW I look half decent in, and not like an entire segment. I just went and followed those of you I wasn't already following on my real one :D

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Raxie said:

so I bit the bullet

Bwuahaha, amazing.  You don't even realize what you did here, but as a professional punner myself, I am quite tickled by this.   Bravissimo!!!  Thank you, thank you!  (Also thanks for the info, I'm gonna go check it out because I also have bought and tossed dozens of pre-printed ones, and several notebooks, and various TYPES of BuJos.   The struggle is real.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:
Bwuahaha, amazing.  You don't even realize what you did here, but as a professional punner myself, I am quite tickled by this.   Bravissimo!!!  Thank you, thank you!  (Also thanks for the info, I'm gonna go check it out because I also have bought and tossed dozens of pre-printed ones, and several notebooks, and various TYPES of BuJos.   The struggle is real.)

Lmao I definitely did not intend that pun but thank you for pointing it out XD. Also yes definitely check them out! I feel like it's everything I have been searching for.

giphy.gif

Week One Wrap Up:

So last week was a pretty mixed bag.  I didn't get done nearly as much as I wanted to, mostly because I ended up having way more social things going on than originally planned.  On the 4th of July my godmother ended up joining my family for festivities, so we ended up chilling a lot later in order to catch up, and I wasn't about to go around doing chores while she was visiting (like I was planning on doing/have no problem doing when my siblings are there).  And then Saturday my friend wanted me to come meet his mom who was in town visiting last minute for dinner, it was super fun and ended up being pretty much an all evening thing, and then also last minute went out for karaoke with another friend who happened to be in the same exact part of the city I was already in and really wanted me and Mr. Raxie to meet the group of friends he was with.  All in all, lots of good stuff, but also not a lot of time for productivity and I made some pretty poor food choices AND forgot to take pictures except for of this beauty of a milkshake from dinner Saturday night which was worth every cent and calorie:

71767f32ce4cc2c19e1f6f41b19aed5f.jpg

I did do all the dancing and lifting I planned on doing, and hit ROMWOD most days, and the apartment isn't a TOTAL disaster, and I managed to drop some of the bloat I put on during my friends birthday/pride visit despite not so great food choices, AND I didn't drink again so I'm going to call last week a win seeing as it was a holiday week. This week my main focus will be eating better, which I am already on track for. 

Week Two Stuffs:

Last night I had a dance lesson, we went really in depth into cha cha stuff which we haven't done in a bit and I felt like I actually have improved a little after being stuck in a rut with it for a while, which made me feel pretty good.

Yesterday I had a grilled chicken caesar wrap, a chicken/lamb combo gyro, and a salad as a snack between the two. I forgot to take a photo so I used a stock image for the salad so I'd still have the complete day represented XD

cec7ae593d5901aef631b9b8cdccb1c6.jpg

Here's my bullet journal spread for the week:

0e0951f1bc283f4f09e7464d21622d8f.jpg

It's the same daily's as last week, except I made it so that my daily cleaning tasks are less on weekends vs weekdays, which I think I'm going to stick with that format from here on out. I also changed it up to hit 3 lifting days this week instead of 2 (this changes week to week depending on what I have going on).  My big to-do's for the week are mostly the big ones from last week that I didn't end up doing:

• Organize behind the bedroom door, guest room door and front door (ie go through all the random coats and stuff hanging back there and put stuff away)
  • Reboot my budget
  • Organize under the bathroom sink
  • Send HRC Volunteer request email

And my simplified schedule without all the to-dos scattered in it is below the cut:

Monday:

• Lift
  • Dance Lesson

Tuesday:

• Latin Jazz Dance Class
  • Silver/Gold Samba Class

Wednesday:

• HRC Steering Committee Meeting
  • Lift

Thursday:

• Dinner w/friend visting from England

Friday:

• Dance Lesson
  • Modern Dance Class
  • D&D
  • Lift

Saturday:

• Jive Class
  • Friend's birthday party

Sunday:

• Smooth Team rehearsal
  • V. Waltz Class
  • Gold/Open Gold Rumba Class
  • Work HRC booth at Newark Pride

And that's that - hope everyone's week is starting off well!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Raxie said:

and I made some pretty poor food choices AND forgot to take pictures except for of this beauty of a milkshake from dinner Saturday night

Image result for drool gif

Dang, Raxie....that thing looks incredible!

(P.S. You now have 5 followers on IG ;))

Wolf

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 6:58 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

Image result for drool gif

Dang, Raxie....that thing looks incredible!

(P.S. You now have 5 followers on IG ;))

Wolf

Yeahhhh it was AMAZING. Peanut butter, salted caramel, sweet cream ice cream, whipped cream, reese's, M&Ms, chocolate covered pretzels - seriously unreal. And also $16 :hopelessness:  I actually got a side salad with it but I was so full from the shake I couldn't even look at it XD

On 7/9/2019 at 8:41 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The path of totality for that eclipse is VERY close to San Antonio. 

Yessss! I was eyeballing Colorado Bend State park to watch the totality - it's supposed to get almost 4 minutes there!

• Like 2

giphy.gif

It's weird, even though I haven't been sleeping as much as I know I should I still feel WAY more energetic than last week, when I was sleeping plenty but eating like a dumpster and not dancing or lifting and also oversocializing myself.  I'm really glad I'm back on the wagon, even though I could use a nap. I'm really looking forward to my HRC Steering Committee meeting tonight, we haven't had a real meeting since May so I'm pumped to lay out some plans for the rest of the year now that the bulk of the insanity of pride season is over. I'm also excited to cook some shrimp fajitas tonight!

I'm on a really high note with dance right now so I pre-apologize but I have to just gush for 5 seconds: So I had more fun last night at dance in my two regular Tuesday night classes that I have had maybe ever before in the year-ish I've been taking them ...? The first is a non-partnered international latin based jazz-ish class with different choreo each time, we did cha cha last night, and I felt like for one of the first times ever I really was able to let go and get 100% into the music  without constantly counting beats in my head or freaking out about the steps/technique. And that at one point the teacher semi-jokingly was like OK now we are going to run the whole routine starting on the other foot (so basically all the moves were reverse from what we'd been doing) and I sort of kind of did it on the fly, not well, and not completely, but I was mega proud of myself.  And then in samba technique class we worked some super basic stuff but very in depth and I pushed myself really hard, and then when we did the figures even though I didn't feel super great about them since we were just learning them I did actually feel like I was dancing and not just going through the motions. And then today I was going through posting the videos I wanted to share here on my instagram (PS sorry for anyone who actually followed me there for the flurry of posts and double posts/deletes - I was trying to get them in chronological order and for some reason they kept posting in the wrong order haha) and in going through my videos I realized that not only have I vastly improved already since my first "competition" (studio vs studio team match) only since March, but we took a video of us just marking some changes in our routine (a video I won't post though) and I swear even in just a low key marking run through I look better technique-wise than when I was going full out in performances back in April & May. And also feeling really grateful I've been taking a class that focuses more on arm styling because WOW my arms were a mess (still kinda are, but I'm feeling way better about them). ALSO I was watching videos of myself doing smooth and ballroom (ie waltz, foxtrot, etc) from a few months back and after working only latin so intensely for a bit I'm already over my desire to really do smooth/ballroom at all XD.  Latin really is more fun.  I don't know why I was so resistant. So yeah... feeling pretty great there.

So with all that in mind, I'm going to try to share the videos in chronological order from now on.  This one was my jive heat from the studio vs studio team match back in March:

The couple behind us are from my studio and are doing their open gold routine - they are phenomenal so feel free to look at them and not me XD

Happy hump day ya'll!

• Like 5

Yesterday's food!

We always do a frozen pizza party thing at HRC meetings but I found a frozen cauliflower crust veggie pizza so I don't feel guilty about it at all.  It also ended up being an unplanned meat-free day, which I try to do once or twice a week so yay for that as well.

6cfc1321223c4879bfc2c45611df55c5.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday's food

I wish my meal prepped meals were prettier XD.  It doesn't help that I usually just toss everything together in one big mix (ie I just stirred chicken and spinach and cheese into mashed potatoes) but it's all super delicious so who cares.

Also don't judge me on eating baby food.  Those pouches are SO GOOD and honestly really healthy and pretty cheap - they have no added sugar and are super portable, easier than a smoothie.  Some of them have vegetables in them too.  They don't have to be refrigerated, so it's actually how we usually get in our vegetables/fruits while doing long camping trips and I just recently realized there's no reason I can't have them in my every day life too haha.

0496a05ab3cb93f92b126c84902b1682.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Also don't judge me on eating baby food.  Those pouches are SO GOOD and honestly really healthy and pretty cheap - they have no added sugar and are super portable, easier than a smoothie.  Some of them have vegetables in them too.  They don't have to be refrigerated, so it's actually how we usually get in our vegetables/fruits while doing long camping trips and I just recently realized there's no reason I can't have them in my every day life too haha.

You can do what you want.

grownups.png

• Like 4

Squeezie foods are delicious and convenient, and nobody is going to convince me that rice cereal + blueberry purée isn’t yummy af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ahhhhh so glad you've finally come around to the dark side with me! Even if my goal this year for my college kids is to convince them ballroom is at least as fun as Latin! Haha.

On 7/11/2019 at 4:37 AM, darkfoxx said:

emoji119.pngemoji119.pngemoji322.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

On 7/12/2019 at 3:47 AM, darkfoxx said:

Your food collage game is strong - might have to up mine! emoji38.pngemoji2956.pngemoji7.png

Your collages are what inspired me to begin with!! :)

On 7/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You can do what you want.

grownups.png

You are absolutely correct - thanks for the reminder :) Now I want a ball pit.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:41 AM, darkfoxx said:

Squeezie foods are delicious and convenient, and nobody is going to convince me that rice cereal + blueberry purée isn’t yummy af

It's SO GOOD.  I thought it wouldn't be that great because I've tried sampled food before when feeding my younger siblings it just for the heck of it, but once I realized how good these were I stocked up for backpacking, and now for every day life.

9 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ahhhhh so glad you've finally come around to the dark side with me! Even if my goal this year for my college kids is to convince them ballroom is at least as fun as Latin! Haha.

Hahaha honestly I'd still love to get more into ballroom, but since I'm competing latin now every time I do ballroom I'm basically thinking that I could be practicing latin right then instead XD.  It comes down to the music for me too, pretty much every song I like is cha cha jive or samba so it's hard to not start meandering in that direction naturally.

• Like 3

giphy.gif

These last few days since I last posted have been a crazy whirlwind in which I completely forgot to take any pictures of my food. Whoops. I know I managed to not eat like a complete and total doofus and that's about it, I honestly can't even remember anything I've eaten for the most part aside from I know I made conscious choices to not be in nutrition splurge city. 

Quick recap of my crazy past few days:

Thursday - My friend who moved to England was visiting so we went out for dinner and a show after work with one of my best friends and her good friend she made in England. So much fun!

Friday - Had a dance lesson after work, and then also took a modern dance class.  Then had a D&D session (the one that I'm a bard in).  Kinda frustrated because everyone leveled this go around except for me since I didn't get full experience on something since I was unconscious for the fight, but I was only unconscious because I'm the only person who can heal in our party and I had to run into melee to heal (by touch) some of the fighters who were going to die, and I got hit in the crossfire.  #annoyed. But oh well, I'm OK with it at least the party is still going strong haha.

Saturday - jive class in the morning, then went to the same friend who is visiting from England's birthday party at her grandfather's lake house.  It was SUCH  nice day, got to catch up with some old high school friends and go swimming for the first time this summer. Discovered I need to buy a new bathing suit because my old ones are now apparently too big on me.

Sunday - Smooth performance team rehearsal, v. waltz class, gold/open rumba technique class, and then worked a pride booth in the next town over.

Monday - Went to dinner and a show (Drunk Shakespeare - effing HILARIOUS if you have a chance to see it) with my grandma who is in town visiting from FL this week

Tuesday - Did a last minute smooth team performance at an art gallery opening of an artist who paints ballroom dancers and it was really a pretty cool event.  I absolutely loved the artist (Allen Bentley) and he had some really amazing things to say about dance in general, and we performed pretty well considering it was a very last minute thing and we only just finished the choreo AND we had only run the whole thing together as a team like maybe once or twice. The artist gave us each a free legit numbered print of one of his pieces which was so super nice of him too.  Anyway, after that I had latin jazz class, and then silver/gold samba technique class, and then a dance lesson.  Worked really hard on cha cha and am FINALLY feeling like I'm improving there. All in all I did like 4.5 straight hours of performing/dancing and I got home absolutely dead but in the best way.

Looking ahead - Today after work I'm going out with my family again for grandma stuff.  We are going bowling and then doing a book club meeting (currently reading Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut).  Tomorrow is a dance lesson, Friday I've got the day off work (THANK GOODNESS) but I have to bring my competition dress to the tailor and then I have modern dance class followed by D&D (one of the games I'm DMing). Saturday I've got jive class and another friends birthday party... Sunday I have all my regular Sunday dance classes but no social or HRC things planned so I'll be able to relax a bit.

Phew. So much going on wow.

In other news, here's my dance videos of the week.  Keeping kind of with the idea I had last week of posting stuff chronologically I'm doing that but also jumping the gun a bit and I'm sharing two right now because I really am proud of the progress I've made. These are both the same exact routine, one from the team match competition back in March and the second one is from my lesson last night (please ignore my disaster of a bow at the end of the first video... the couple next to us was from our studio too and we bowed right into each other and we both got kinda flustered and just laughed instead of keeping our cool hahah):

• Like 3

I forgot I did actually take pictures of my food Friday! So here's that.

8b88da372cdf65df8878a9a0961e6ea0.jpg

And then here's todays food. Went to a fancy pants vegan restaurant with my visiting Grandma. It was honestly all super delicious I was really impressed. I did break the no drinking rule to have a chocolate infused Merlot port with my tiramisu for desseet. No regrets.

af4dfe46cfbfa3f2ddc28e366e2d4ca4.jpg

• Like 3